Westworld Thread

Edition: William=MIB theoryfags BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XQcNYb3DydA
discoverwestworld.com/#explore
imdb.com/title/tt4625856/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How exactly?

If this turns out to be true, I'm dropping the show, because there has been no indication that the William bits are flashbacks from 30 years ago and that would be an annoying Ocean's 12-esque twist.

>rides away from murder at her place where she remembered the Man in Black
>collapses in Williams arms

Those events didn't occur sequentially.

>there has been no indication that the William bits are flashbacks from 30 years ago

There's no proof it's 30 years ago but it's not time present. We've been over this many, many times.

>no indication that the William bits are flashbacks from 30 years ago
The company logo and reception areas look different.

>murder at her place
which is an almost regular event in her storyline

Yes there are. That no one is commenting on the MiBs rampage, and that the rail platform that William and his shithead brother-in-law came in on is pristine and new, but Ford keeps his office on the level with the abandoned train station.

It fits Nolan's style, like Memento, the mystery is in the timeline, not the story.

For 30 years though? They switch up the storylines and the roles of the characters regularly. Her original father has been five or six characters. Has Delores been the same character the entire 30 years?

claimed

The mystery is how much horse urine and semen they have to dig out of Dolores on some days.

>black guy's son didn't die they replaced him with a robot
>the black guy's son is the MiB he's been in the game since being a kid
Easy.

mib is old af ya retard

I bet you're that same fag in almost every Westworld thread who obsess of Dolores getting fucked by horses.

Stay on your loops, Cred Forums

I gagged when they were doing the autopsy on Maeve and said someone hadn't cleaned out all the MRSA up in her robo-pooch.

Yeah, you'd think they'd be a little more clean with their hooker robots who get daily loads of jizz.

In his famous 1997 song "Men in Black" Will Smith sings "the good guys dress in black, remember that"

>they can build completely lifelike robots but they can't manage VR or mind uploading
lol what? MiB is a robot dude. He's just being piloted by a human. He's not actually a human in the game like the others.

just saw this 3rd epi, i'm kinda sleepy but i did not understood shit

why the fuck that black doctor wants that dolores becomes a strongyn womin? just because he lost his son?

Also, who the fuck is that lesbian hunting with the cowboy?

does the day reboot every single day? what about the guests that stays more than 1 day?

They said all disease was cured tho
>so much bareback sex
>with or without robots

No one is mentioning milk boy is back even when his ass got decommissioned, yet updated firmware Dolores shot Trevor in the barn. What timeline we on

>Also, who the fuck is that lesbian hunting with the cowboy?
a guest

not to mention everyone else in town is exactly the same regardless of what Dolores is doing
Dolores may be 30 years old but there's no way Maeve, Teddy, etc. have been doing the same shit for 30 years. The only way you'd be able to explain it is if scenes jump back and forth between 30 years in the past every time the camera moves to a new character

>why the fuck that black doctor wants that dolores becomes a strongyn womin? just because he lost his son?
He's probably curious of her getting a conscience or uses her as a therapist or something to talk about his dead son. Maybe he just sees her like a daughter.

That and more.

bitch please, I claimed her back when she was in Raising Hope

You expect consistency in nolan writing?

>who obsess of Dolores getting fucked by horses
No, that's me and so far it's been ironic just to upset waifufags.

>Dolores may be 30 years old
40, she's the park's oldest host. That's right, Billy is younger than her (but didn't get the constant upgrades).

How many of us are there? I also like the idea of Dolores being used as a pissrag every so often.

>it's been ironic just to upset waifufags.
the actress dated Marilyn Manson for ages
her getting fucked by horses is probably among the least waifufags have to worry about

>Will is short for William
>Westworld is about short people

Hm.

Dolores a cute! CUTE!

hilariously I get the impression Brian Warner is the dullest man alive offstage and without the clown makeup, when you factor out the alcoholism

Are people not able to separate the character from the actor?

this shit needs to be addressed, timeline fagagagagagots

>Westworld is about short people
STOP THIS MEME

>Dolores a cute!

funny, she looks pretty obtuse here

Kys

someone get this hothead outa here

waifufags definitely aren't, especially since it becomes more about the actress than the character
still not as bad as the japs though, since most anime voice actresses have to keep their private lives completely secret or else there'll be a massive backlash that generic anime schoolgirl #43 wasn't voiced by a virgin

He's fucking with the robots, even suggests she does the maze in the Ep 4 preview

>shrink ray
>different timelines
if you believe either of these pls kys

What are you doing with a picture of William's wife

Those that believe Bernard is a host are the worst of them all.

have you even watched 1 episode?

>there'll be a massive backlash that generic anime schoolgirl #43 wasn't voiced by a virgin

god it's great to be a westerner

post more.

>tfw picturing drips of pee on her thigh ever since last episode

Anyone have or can make webm of Teddy firing his gun in ep.3?

He looks like he got mad gun skills. Can't wait till the uprising and see Teddy get uncucked and shoot some fools.

Slowfag here

This is how I'm watching the show--

Everything that happens inside Westworld as we see for the first time is a type of linear timeline in some way (Cuck cowboy and Dolores, MiB not encountering her, etc)

Am I right or wrong

> nothing's different

We've seen that it is.

No one comments because rampages are commonplace, thats what they go there for.

They don't record audio of guests so they dont know he is looking for maze, just see a guy with high clearance fucking shit up.

Problem with MIB=william is the scientist observations and story completely blows it the fuck out.

watch the show

>tfw picturing drips of pee on her thigh ever since last episode
leave my pure waifu alone!

This is the most pertinent question coming off of EP 3. Was she just hallucinating him like she was her dad/MIB? Had Dolores ever interacted with him previously in a way that would make her remember him?

first episode you see the exact same arc about 3 times already so I'd say wrong

>Trevor
REBUS

Wouldn't that mean MiB has been coming to Westworld for 30 years?

Why wouldn't she "remember" him?

>pure means they dont have bodily functions
you are a fuggeto, because thats what my captcha says

>Why wouldn't she "remember" him?
because she's reset after every storyline completes

But the timelines can shift for each character

Whole thing is like a RPG

Is it?

I've come to the realization that shitposting in these threads is pointless since the actual retards outnumber me

>They don't record audio of guests so they dont know he is looking for maze, just see a guy with high clearance fucking shit up.

The human tourists are monitored at all times just like the robots.

well, yeah, that's the point of the show.

I was sat here thinking you might have had an original perspective on the show but basically you're just watching it

>The human tourists are monitored at all times just like the robots.
the holo footage from outdoors is from satellite = no audio, the indoor footage is from hidden cameras = audio

>>rides away from murder at her place where she remembered the Man in Black
>>collapses in Williams arms

she didn't have the bullet wound when she came across william

william =MIB confirmed

This.

They only access indoor footage when a host malfunctions and they need to investigate, not when a guest is using the park for its intended purpose

>she didn't have the bullet wound when she came across william
so what part of her story allows her to ride off and stumble across him?

why is the town the same if william is MIB? after MIBs tragedy they remade the town

yea and you are consistently wrong

many, many times

only one timeline you fucking retard

holy fuck, she is starting to remember the past, she remember MIB in shed for a sec and he gave her code to shoot. then outside she remembered the past storyline where the guy shoots her and avoided it

It's clearly fucking explained that she is gaing her memory back, through like everyfucking episode.

who started this shit meme?

>after MIBs tragedy
the movie isn't canon

>only one timeline you fucking retard

> part set in past
> part set in present

Those are one timeline you "english as a second language" fucktard

Timelines are divergent, not sections of one linear experience

youtube.com/watch?v=XQcNYb3DydA

im not talking about the movie. the old town had the chapel that we already saw buried

>For 30 years though?

I think people are too hung-up on the 30 years ago comment.

Yes, something happened 30 years back but I don't think William's story is that, (and we won't find out until the end of the series) his scenes happened at some point in the past but he's not going to be involved in that long ago incident.

Now the MiB on the other hand, probably was involved and Delores may have been also but she's also been all kinda different characters in the park over the years and I believe the scenes of him "raping" her are fairly recent.

you can have her, ill take 2/10fu

>but she's also been all kinda different characters in the park over the years
This has never been said or implied, unless her accent means anything.

>shrink ray
how the fuck can you even argue against it? the gateway theory has already been BTFO obviously their using a shrink-ray, unless your a 'everyone's a giant' autist which really makes no sense

That only raises more questions!

The western scenes are happening in the actual past, "hosts" are people cloned each day stuck in a loop created by aliens practicing interacting with people in the real world, i.e. geusts or another word "visitors". The office scenes are another experiment using androids of humans assimilated to alien technology.

But what if SOME people were giants?

>obviously their using a shrink-ray,
fuck you are dumb. there is ZERO proof of a shrink ray. no one is a giant either ya idiot

You would die if you were shrunk, the human body cant handle that process. I've studied topics very similar to this for over 20 years, so I know what I'm talking about.

Thank you Ken M.

I fucking love this show
And I fucking hate all you retard "theorists"

at least were not weebs
faggot

>westerner
>being a cuck

sounds about right

bullshit its easier to reconstitute people to their normal size and to compensate for variations in body-type you seem to be going with the gigantor theory, it has its merits but really the whole giant sized people makes no sense, its far more likely that people chose to return to regular size once their done with westworld

He himself is a 'host' that Ford has developed to help instigate the rise of consciousness within the hosts. His own status as 'conscious' is still ambiguous.

>No one is mentioning milk boy is back even when his ass got decommissioned, yet updated firmware Dolores shot Trevor in the barn. What timeline we on

It's kinda hard to tell, as it's a very quick cut but it appears that Delores' dead dad in E03 is Daddy #2, (Abernathy's replacement) which means Milkman hadn't been deactivated yet, which means the scene in E02 where he shoots up the saloon happened _after_ the events in E03.

post the song
you know the one

Is there some South Park song about fucking robots

>being a seiyuu waifufag
kek

>>The human tourists are monitored at all times just like the robots.
>the holo footage from outdoors is from satellite

They're still being monitored at all times and the "sats" that Tech Girl mentions, are actually cameras mounted on the ceiling of the huge cavern (hidden by the holographic sky) that Westworld is inside.

>drips of pee

she was taking a dump
your waifu doesn't wipe and had murderous swampass the rest of the episode

>(hidden by the holographic sky)
congrats, this is the most retarded meme yet

> the woodsman was killing himself to stop smelling her

>>but she's also been all kinda different characters in the park over the years
>This has never been said or implied, unless her accent means anything.

Sure it has, we've seen that Black Madam bot was once a homesteader that got massacred by Indians and Armistice, the scarred outlaw girl, was once a regular girl in town and even the girl who got William set up in his clothes and such before he enter the park, (Muskfu) was once also a girl in town.

It stands to reason that as the oldest functioning robot in Westworld, Delores has played plenty of different roles over the year; naive farmer's daughter, slutty saloon whore and who knows what else.

>Armistice, the scarred outlaw girl, was once a regular girl in town

>cameras mounted on the ceiling of the huge cavern (hidden by the holographic sky)

The instantaneous size shift would cause almost all of the human organs to rupture from that amount of energy needed to shrink someone down. The human organs also aren't meant to function at that size, so even if they didn't rupture, the organs wouldn't be able to work. You're welcome for teaching you something new ;)

>(Muskfu)

>Armistice, the scarred outlaw girl

Current day price of the park is 40k/day. William's brother-in-law mentions the same price. Won't the park's price change a bit in the last 30years?

is that ACTUALLY Armistice?

>mfw can't tell if that's a burn scar or a really strange tattoo

ohh.. it's muskfu because she is ElIon's ex.

What's stupid is thinking that in a SCIENCE FICTION tv series, the most logical explanation is that government sold Monument Valley National Park (and a bazillion acres around it) to a corporation, instead of WW being set on another planet...

it's a snake tattoo

It doesn't look like a snake or even a tattoo to me, it looks like the skin has been pealed off.

>tfw you wish it wasn't taboo to have facial tattoos that aren't gang related

WW takes place on mars.

>I can pick out the exact real-life place this was filmed, therefore the show MUST be taking place in the exact same place in the show world!

so they build this giant park on a different planet THEN built a fake roof? KYS

the roof is made of chemtrails

SNEK

that's a LOT clearer
on the show, it just looks like the side of her face is all scarred up from a burn or something

Not enough Ed Harris in the last ep. Also Jeff Wright confirmed for being a model. Luke Hemsworth too most likely.

yeah, the way the color is all patchy really doesn't help

Its all artificial. Ford said he created every part of the park.

kek

still kys

>mfw I had forgotten all about the third Hemsworth brother until this show happened
Well, he didn't date Miley Fucking Cyrus, so he's probably okay

>Well, he didn't date Miley Fucking Cyrus, so he's probably okay
No, that's his other bro Liam Hemsworth.

okay can someone explain me how they manage to shrink the people so they fit in the park? They haven't explained that yet.

Westworld is supposed to recreate the American Wild West, if it's not located in the actual American West, (which is sure looks like) then it must be somewhere else; i.e. another planet and as the entire park was created from scratch, (as stated on the show) in addition to the views we've seen of the holographic map defining the park, it's most likely on another planet and underground in a vast cavern hollowed by nuclear bombs (something that's been used in sci-fi before).

>Its all artificial. Ford said he created every part of the park.

No shit, but it was NOT created on Earth out in the open as it appears, this is a SCI-FI show we're talking about here.

>all that shit you just typed there

That gif is how I feel talking to people here who have no fucking imagination and can't see the clues right in front of their nose...

>(which is sure looks like)
how so

>underground in a vast cavern hollowed by nuclear bombs
jesus. literally RETARDED

>That gif is how I feel talking to people here who have no fucking imagination

westworld clearly takes place on mars and was built by the enslaved alien race that once lived there. (aliens have been used in sci-fi before)

Are these the cannibalistic cultists that Peter Abernathy used to be part of before being programmed to be Dolores' father? Ford references them in the first episode.

And why didn't Teddy's bullets hurt them?

>You're retarded
Nice argument, shouldn't you be in bed?

>it's most likely on another planet and underground in a vast cavern hollowed by nuclear bombs (something that's been used in sci-fi before)

>And why didn't Teddy's bullets hurt them?
they are workers who are protecting the maze

>>(which is sure looks like)
>how so

I'm going to treat this as a troll because it's too stupid of a question to be valid, but I'll respond anyways;

You should be sad, illiteracy is nothing to be proud of.

>if it's not located in the actual American West

>if it's NOT

re read what you said then kys dumb theory fag

the hosts seem to be programmed to "die" once they've taken a certain level of damage, so I assume they've dialed that threshold up here to make Wyatt's gang extra scary?

Like, they're all probably supposedly possessed by demons or hopped up on peyote or some shit, makes them tougher

It's an actual park, outdoors. There is an underground component, but that's the control room and the maintenance/development centers.

My most logical explanation for Lord of the Rings is that Sauron took over part of New Zealand. There's no way it could be set anywhere other than earth.

With historical inflation trends, the value of $1 roughly halves every 20 years. So $40k 40 years from now would be like $10k today.

apparently, there's different "levels" of trips to the park you can buy, with various amenities
$40K/day is the entry level price

But they already rented the national park to a corporation in real life user, why wouldn't they in a tv show

Okay so can someone explain why there are no Asian hosts in Westworld? Or Indians? Makes absolutely no sense. It's the future. They should have any race they want.

It's supposed to be a depiction of the Old West. There weren't any Indians (actual Indians, not Native Americans) and the Asians (nearly all Chinese) were mostly in California.

Because it's still supposed to look and feel like you plucked this city and its surroundings right out of the mid 19th century
Indians would be completely out of place
Odd not to see any Chinamen though, as laborers for the railroad or some such....maybe they're just not needed for any storylines currently running

uh hello? It's a fictional world. Who gives a f*** about authenticity?

It's not like every railroad had Chinese laborers. They're famous for working on the Transcontinental Railroad, not some random minor line linking some town in the middle of nowhere to a city.

he's kidding

it's a common argument people make

kill yourself.

Presumably the people who pay a bajillion dollars to come and visit

>Who gives a f*** about authenticity?

The people who are paying for the trip. The whole point is to make the guests feel like they're actually in the old west. That immersion would be completely ruined if Pajeet and Khunal were serving drinks at the saloon.

Have we figured out how they shrink the guest yet?

I don't get why you guys insist on being so racist and sexist. Isn't it easier to just grant people that aren't you their rights? Why fight them on that? Seriously baka here.

Love this meme, people keep getting so angry about it.

but it's clear they don't care. They belittle the hosts and spend a lot of time having sexual intercourse with them of the rape nature. Behavior like this is not authentic.

It is not a meme.

>it's racist to point out that there weren't very many Asian people in the West 150 years ago

Fuck off retard.

when did the words theory and meme become utterly interchangeable? Was it last week ?

But there were. The white Americans erased them from the history books. You are pretty stupid.

You should do more research on the time period.

Please explain what proof there is of shrinking.

BACK OFF

SHES MINE

theories have the support of facts
THEY SHRINK THE GUESTS!!1!! is a meme

it's not. You see Westworld on a big desk in the first episode. They even zoom in sometimes. How do they miniaturize the guests and put them in there? Never explained. They didn't even bother.

The shrinking thing is a joke, you see people moving between the park and the control rooms by taking an elevator for christ's sake.

Am I the only one wondering how they make the guests invulnerable to bullets, but the hosts are killed fucking dead when you shoot them.

THEY LITERALLY LORD OVER THE WHOLE OF WESTWORLDROS AS THEY COMMAND ABOVE IT LIKE ZEUS OR GOD

There is literally a scene were they outright say that the guests are free to do whatever the fuck they please in Westworld considering how much money they have paid. However, the people running the game have professional integrity and refuse to break immersion even slightly, as that's clearly what makes their product so attractive.

There's literally a scene that details all of that information nicely. Do you know what that means? That means there is literally a scene that addresses the exact point you came crawling onto a Himalayan rope knotting forum to bitch about... I say this because apparently you need to be made aware that your questions have been answered as actually just answering them obviously isn't enough...

>three full episodes
>this magnificent son of a bitch has had about 5 minutes of screentime
>ends with him getting rekt by a moron guest

THIS IS INTOLERABLE

wow dude. Why are you getting so mad at this? Is this really that important to you? I didn't know. Sorry for asking a valid and reasonable question. You didn't have to blow up on everyone in this thread like a child. Please consider turning off your computer once in a while. Maybe if you go to the park you'll be able o socialize with people...who knows, you could meet your first girlfriend, or boyfriend.

I am not going to reply to your posts anymore so please sign them with "the guy you replied to" at the end of your post so I don't accidentally reply to you.

>pissant "theory" blown to smithereens
>"wow, get a life brah"

>And why didn't Teddy's bullets hurt them?

They are guests.

>theyre all clones
>you think its the future but its actually the past
>hes his own brother
>theyve used a shrink ray
>everyones a ghost

best girl tbqh

>get told
>"lol u mad?"

best girl was clearly the guest making the rounds with Teddy in ep 3

stop replying to my post

Can a /sci/fag explain the bicameral mind theory

>who was rust shooting at in this scene?
>was it a metaphor for rust shooting at god?

I like the spunky scientist qt

a shrink-ray obviously

really nigga? watch the goddamn show before posting,

fucking newfags

Fuck, that damage control

Calm down dude

>People thought their thoughts was the voice of God till they realized their thoughts were their own there by gaining self conscience.

>best girl
>not being edgy tattoofu coming thru with the wicked headshots

So basically humans used to all be schizophrenics?

i thought those voices were just one of the normal sized people speaking from high above direct into hosts ears via mic or whatever

Genuinely autistic behaviour

They say that theory was debunked for people, but they use the concept to program the AI

I suppose when the robots wake up and brutally murder everyone they'll spare a couple of genuine white hats like William.

That was the theory which has seen been disproven

>I think when he initially came there, he didn’t come there to shoot up robotic people or have sex with robotic prostitutes. I don’t know why. I think he was probably more curious than anything when he first went there. I think he discovered this darker side of himself that he probably wasn’t even aware of on some level, but knew there was a real part of him and a real part of his nature. Every year, he goes back for a month and he purges it, so he doesn’t have to deal with it in the real world.

Disproven within the context of the show? Or has it actually been disproven in real life?

Nah - it's likely actually on another planet. Mars or something probably.

Real life

No it's not, do you know how small the sun looks on Mars?

I just watched the first three of these today. What the fuck are you guys talking about with a shrink ray?

its not that hard to miss obviously they're all miniature,

children pls go

What evidence is there of that?

retard theorists

the fucking shrink-ray

GET OFF YOUR PHONE AND ACTUALLY WATCH THE GODDAMN SHOW

Can't be going off protocol causing Cred Forums host to lose their shit. They're getting ornery.

>he didn't pay attention and totally missed the shrink elevators things anthony hopkins constantly goes through

some shitbird thought that hologram they have of the park in HQ is the actual fucking park, where everything is miniaturized somehow, and now some other troll has picked it up and run with it

how many times do you think maze daughter got it from guests?

please be detailed

well, if the Man in Black hadn't ever found the guy's family before, I'd wager that most of everyone else who's ever visited the park hasn't either

unless of course you're talking about whatever role she was playing before (if applicable)

What was that dumb forced Dalores is just like Alice in wonderland XD part about? What the fuck kind of dumb normie bullshit is this?

Bernard is verrrrry slowly feeding doubts about Dolores' false life into her brain
why? can't say yet

He's playing the same goddamn character

black guys get type casted what can I say. Blame hollywood and their raciest ways

Here too.

>why? can't say yet
>Muh son
>Son flashbacks
>Ford calls him out on him being hungup on his son

I swear. Sometimes Cred Forums have the most braindead viewers.

plenty of evidence that supports the shrink ray theory

>the whole park and administrative entrance is underground
>multiple scenes where workers are observing the shrunken world from a top down perspective
>guest are shrunk before being placed on the train to west world

how can all the guests magically board the same train without even realizing it. They're being shrunken down in shrinker hallway before being placed in the shrunken train.

My story would be everyone is a robot
And hannibal's business associate made all of them
the only human is the old dude in black it is just a theme park for him

nigga always do

>>multiple scenes where workers are observing the shrunken world from a top down perspective
IT'S A FUCKING PROJECTION

i went to this thread to talk about a cool show but all i get is morons talking about shrinking, time travel and mars.

Shrinking Ray makes more sense desu

Who is Ray and why does he need to be tiny?

>horse urine

What? When did they say anything about this senpai?

What is this about her and horses? Explain.

I don't necessarily ascribe to the theory of Will being the VIP guest there is a nagging thought that keeps scratching my brain. In the barn Delores has a flash back right before she pulls the trigger. Her hallucination tells her to go back to the beginning. When she goes out of the barn she gets shot and we see blood. But here is the other head scratcher, when the jump cut happens, we hear the shot, and she still looks down on her stomach and hold the place where the bullet should be. Now, we can posit some ideas.

A: The jump cut leads to the past, but why would she look at her stomach.

B: Will and the VIP are in the same timeline. The privileged guest kept her long enough in the barn so the other host loops play out long enough so she could stumble into William's camp.

C: The timeline where she shoots the host in the barn is her extending her own loop further without guest interaction only to be stopped by the gunslinger at the house.

The let's go back to the beginning part bugs the ever long fuck out of me. Since I feel he's played this quest line before.

I think it has something to do with those anons being chucklefucks, also when the robots go in for service they have to get foreign objects removed from them, including sperm.

Or since he's currently playing through it he just knows where the beginning is...

tell me how they make the people so tiny?

Camera angles

>its a projection
yea of a tiny world you tarded literalist

Does it really matter?

Shrinking elevator

How do they shrink the park when they are in the park?

why would you think they are in the park?, they have set up in a remote location on top of a cliff for some fucking reason, shitty writing probably

wait what

We still don't know if the show takes place in the actual Wild West or not though.

I thought they were from Roman World, or Assassins Creed World.

It's an ellipsis, you can't go through the shrinking process every time a character access the park.

How come Dolores got shot, but the wound wasn't there the next cut?

Is she slowly turning into a guest?

>one guy doesn't show up
>stuck in a loop

this shit must happen all the time. bug testing must be so shit.

That was only because of the new weapon restriction.

Jonathan Nolan did say he took inspiration from Bethesda games

>character gets stuck in the map last episode

she had a memory of being shot in a previous loop.

you guys are really stretching and over thinking this show.

This show is deep as hell.

I just watched the 1973 movie and I swear they point out the imperfect hands about 5 times or something.

In this scene in episode 1 Ford is talking about the olden days and says a handshake gives them away...

Am I reaching?

why didn't the asian want to fuck her

because her emotional acuity was 5% too low
duh

you're right
they occurred after many, many cycles in between
further driving that nail in the theory's coffin

full on beta guest

She isn't 2D

Do they really pay 40K a day? That's a lot senpais.
What's the cheapest World out there?

prisonworld

it was $1000 a day in the original movie.

But there's theories that the theme park in this TV series is not even on earth.

there are worse characters to be typecast as I suppose

>What's the cheapest World out there?

Stone-age World

Why did robo niggo rock himself to death?

The black doctor spends time with Dolores because she reminds him of his son. That's why he was getting her to read, had nothing to do with consciousness until Ford told him about his partner.

fucking meme theories everywhere

just give me a show where robots get sentient

Detroitworld

>ctrl+f shrink
>24 results

That faux-bondage outfit is intolerable.

two theories currently circulating

1) the guns fire real bullets, but automatically switch to blanks or pellets or whatever when aimed at a human

2) the guns only fire blanks but hosts are programmed to react to being shot as if they were real bullets

cause he had seen the duality of man

Obviously the "accident" was whatever killed Ford's partner. That was made so clear in the last episode. He even calls it an accident, then says that the guy was too careful.

The same guy who is still alive somehow within the guests, obviously that's the accident.

Oh and that's who the MiB is. Obviously

first would not work because of physics and momentum

It's a world were androids are built to look like humans, is it so hard to grasp that maybe they were able to establish a way of making an ultra HD holograph of the park?
Hell in fucking Jurassic Park they had a 3D animation of it on the computer

>falling for the shrink bait

The real world

Clementine episode when?

my best guess is that the Hosts bodies/skin are built more fragile thus die easier.

I was thinking that maybe only the hosts were given pellet guns/non-lethal ammo. But Delores killed that other host with his gun so that doesn't make sense.

watching the original movie (or even reading the book) gives you a clearer picture of everything

you can sort of assume the things that aren't yet 100% clear in the TV show would be similar to how it is in the movie.

>shrinking

>All weapons and equipment used within Delos parks are the exclusive property of Delos. Inc. Gun ammunition contains proprietary safeguards related to bullet velocity, and tampering with gun safety features or ammunition automatically transfers liability to you and absolves Delos, Inc. of any injury or death that may occur as a result.

discoverwestworld.com/#explore

>He's playing the same goddamn character

Not really, the only traits they share are being very intelligent.

In the Hunger Games movie his social skills are autist as fuck.

He's not Asian, he's Colin Hanks.

If he was Asian he'd be asking for the lolibot.

>earplugs
immersion ruined

When are the episodes going to move on to discussing the shrink ray technology? I'd be interested in an episode which looks at its uses in a wider social context outside of Westworld.

reminder that bernard is a replicant

So, exactly like in Source Code?

Christmas special when?

Best hat of the series so far

>It's your fault because you signed a contract saying so!
When will company understand that a contract does not supersede the law?

If you don't want to die just don't go to the park :^)

MIB is obviously Arnold.

Who says they can't make two identical artificial people?

It's a different guy though. Go back and watch the scene again.

Is it me or hoorkerfu looked better this episode?

This, it's even confirmed by the casting

imdb.com/title/tt4625856/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Lighting works wonders

Arnold is god, might not be the MiB. The workers know who the MiB is, if he's Arnold why not just come out and tell people that?

Also nobody started hearing voices until Ford's update. Seems like Ford has created the Arnold AI, which makes sense because he clearly wants a god in his storyline.

In many legal systems, contracts can declare certain parts of law invalid between the parties.
It is part of ensuring contractual freedom and private autonomy of citizens.

In other cases, where a party is being grossly disadvantaged through this it may be restricted by law again.

But in general, inter-partes provisions can put away with some rules posed by law. Especiallly if the law itselfs accomodates this possibility.

Reminds me of LOST theorists, hours of analysis, thousands of cards of text written - all wrong since storyline was just random shit made up on the go.

lel

My mother knew they were in purgatory from the pilot episode

>Marty enhance on his ears
>hmm what is that green thing

Oh my god... wait a minute.

I still think the shrink ray is the most logical theory but what if the west world is actually a real place right next to the lab and the robos come in from underground and the gests come in through the train to give them a cool experience?

I know there are plot holes in this theory compared to shrink ray but still could make sense somehow??

>I still think the shrink ray is the most logical theory

>next time on westworld segment
>the next episode has nothing to do with the scenes shown

Somewhere on the official website, it mentions the Delos corp's subsidiaries. They own Wonka candy, so one could presume they own all Wonka patents like WonkaVision.

He is used as Xerxes in Persiaworld most days. Then they have to shrink-ray him a bit for his 1-day a week Westworld appearance.

the final episode will be when the shrink ray malfunctions, so there will be a giant Ford and a giant MiB fighting over tiny westworld, just like god and satan fought in the bible

Why do people think ford is trying to make the robots conscious? I thought so too until the 3rd episode. He clearly hates them and views them as simply a product, a story telling device. Arnold was the one really trying to make them conscious and Ford kind of resents him for it. Maybe even murdered him for it

criminally underrated post, i am lmao

this is martian law boyo

Smart nanoparticle bullets that react differently depending on what they hit? They either disintegrate on impact if they sense they're travelling toward a guest, or rip right through a host or a barn or whatever.

Episode 3 completely wrecks that theory anyway, if it needed further disproving.

Why don't they just tackle MIB, put him in handcuffs then put him in jail? He can't die but he can be made safe.

Not true. If UFC just started having one fighter go around, attack some random guy and film it it would be a crime. Even if two guys just decided to fight in most states that's not legal without a contract freeing the company of any liability beforehand and guaranteeing certain things that vary state to state.

It's a holographic live feed of the actual park ya goof.

The only theory that actually makes sense

Kill yourself.

shhhhhhh

But they showed a photo of Arnold with Ford. Arnold looked nothing like Ed Harris, but younger Ford was cgi de-aged Anthony Hopkins.

The flies weren't robots, that's why it caused the sherriff to glitch in episode one.

"his core code is still intact this guy literally couldn't hurt a fly" and he bugged out after a living fly landed on him throwing his improvisation programming into a loop because standing there with a fly on his eyeball isn't very human-like and they're programmed to improvise as humans very well but his core programming wouldn't let him hurt the fly.

Are you saying that Ford shrunkhimself into a younger version of him?

She isn't nearly as sexy she was as she was in riddick. he was disapoint.

I bet he makes the transformers sound when he changes form

>will has none of the same features and doesn't fit at all

>But there's theories that the theme park in this TV series is not even on earth.
Only retards think that.

Arnold will eventually be the main good guy and will will become his 'champion. Ross is clearly evil as fuck and his main champion is the MiB hunting down arnold.

idk looks a bit like him maybe

Considering Anthony Hopkins already played his younger self in that flashback to before the park opened, this makes less sense than any other meme theory.

Not even close.

The boy is obviously young ford, but mcpoyle doesn't fit at all, especially with

Wait is Arnold black?

This.

>Would you lie to me, Delores?
>No.
>Would you ever harm a living thing?
>Of course not

5 min later

>smashes fly

That actually seemed cheap as fuck to me. I thought this place catered exclusively to 1% types who were spending minimum 100K a day.

40k a day seems a lot to most people but I went to boarding school with some really rich saudi oil/ kazakh, russian 1%ers kids and they would go and spend 20k at a club in one night and another 15k smashing a hotel room for no reason at all and not give a fuck.

At 40k the demand would be so high the place would be crowded as hell with guests.

mcpoyle is a young Chris Nolan

why would they bother shriking flies to their relative size?

are they really, really afraid to have male hookers, or something? it's either guys getting hit on by girlbots or girls getting hit on by girlbots

the only thing we've seen is that one asshole coworker dude with a brief shot of some dudes

>not this cunt

they shrink everything, obviously a fly got on a guest and when he got into the shrink tunnel it got shrunk too

I hope we see more of the Lesbian Guest, as in I hope she isn't just there to spread the word about the cult.

Just look for a pic of Ed Harris from the late 70s. He looks the same as he does now.

Arnold=MiB theory was BTFO before it even started.

Martian flies are already microscopic, so there was no need.

So it is a confirmed shrink tunnel we're dealing with here? I was thinking more of a shrink-pad situation but i'm open to other ideas.

Obviously it's the new nanomachines Bernard gave her. That why they have those talks.

Pretty sure they use the train for shrinking, when you see Will entering it the light behind him starts disappearing as it starts to shrink

40k is the lowest tier though. Some guy booked the most expensive trip possible on the website (highest tier, extra service for kids and so on) and it checked out at 100 million for 28 days.

the door to the the train has a special element which shrinks guests in mere moments so they can fit through the door

There are multiple ways, depending on how one arrives.

Wouldn't the bulk of the train then appear really small while they were boarding? Or does it taper so as to appear like it's just a long way away?

You're not schqueezhing me thru zat tiny door!

Reminder that these people are pretending to have a laugh at dumb theories because they got buttblasted when all their own retarded theories got BTFO by ep3 and they're trying to save face.

i still don't think we should rule out a growth beam used by the technicians in order to oversee the whole regular sized park

the first carriage that they're in before McPoyle realises he's on a train shrinks

what are ya running here, ford? some kinda funhouse??

I don't have any theories to begin with because I'm not smart enough

I literally only come to these threads for meme theories like this, the rest of the discussion is pretty boring 2bh, we just don't know enough yet

So does the guest shrink into the train and the train shrinks into the park? So like a double shrink or after they choose their hat they enter a regular sized train and that gets shrunk by the shrink tunnel? Or does the first train get shrunk first and muskfu is already tiny?

Is raping the kid and baby robots also legal and free for all in these parks? If so that would attract a very... special kind of crowd.

How can the guests know which people are guests and which are hosts? What stop them from pulling out a knife and accidentally cut a real human's throat, or rape another guest, then claim they thought it was a host?

i think a seamless shrink would have to be performed in several small stages, possibly an initial shrink into the train itself, then an intermediate full-carriage size reduction at some as-yet unknown stage, followed by the all-but confirmed large shrink tunnel (the darkness helping to conceal any differences in minimation rate).

you're smart AND creative in my book, user!

[SPOILER]test[/SPOILER]