Does anyone actually like this film?

Does anyone actually like this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/presentation/d/1r0ARK5ktEvFUnIwFjRxqbH3AY1tdE3zKi3N8CVeSUqE/edit?usp=sharing
theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw to intelligent to question the quality of P.T.A. films

Nah the positive reception by thousands of learned critics and people who know more about film than you ever will was a government hoax.

If you didn't like this film, you're a waste of flesh.

one of the first movies that left me awestruck 2bH

Yes, they are usually the same plebs that also enjoy capeshit.

*too

t. pacific rim fan

>learned critics
>implying that there's more than one
>implying that he doesn't shit on the flick as he should

literal sheeple.

make your own mind up about shit films

why don't you make me, kike?

heh
b8

Yes. There's nothing complex to the actual story, but I like the way it's told by the actions of the characters, not 40 minutes of exposition. Almost every bit of dialogue is a lie, either to another character or one the speaker is telling himself.

lol, i love armond white

"'The Master'’s cynical bombast defines the worst aspects of our anti-religious era; its solemn audacity is unconvincing (a fashion show scored to Ella Fitzgerald and a naked females musical number recalling 'Eyes Wide Shut' are two of the most embarrassingly banal sequences in recent cinema). The fun and fascination of Paul W. S. Anderson’s 'Resident Evil: Retribution' proves the work of a true cinema artist; it transforms a genre franchise with visionary newness."

People pretended to. It's objectively dog shit though.

literally cannot be proven wrong.

I haven't seen 'The Master' or all of those 'Resident Evil' movies but he's been right on with everything I have seen.

So interesting.

Will anybody bring up some valid criticism, or...?

lmao. go soak up some resident evil retribution and then get back to me on armond

most people consider it a great movie. its not exactly an edgy opinion to say so

literally nothing happens

Yes. I did.

>liking actors actually acting is fedora

Ok.

thats just a meme post. still waiting...

pacific rim is dogshit and I'm not comparing capeshit and this to TWBB. It's not terrible, just greatly overrated by easily impressed plebs.

name 5 movies that are better

>I like it, but at the same time I want to imply that I am soooo sophisticated
you are the cancer

He could easily name 100 but you would scoff cause you wouldn't even know any of them. you're a fucking capeshit poster trying to act sophisticated for liking this pathetic attempt at cinema.

BvS

>can't even name 1
>claims to know 100
haha ohoh hehe

>you probably never heard of this
you are a living meme, you dumb hipster
put up or shut up

I feel the same way. I don't particularly like the story and especially not the ending but the movie is fun to watch regardless thanks to the superb acting and directing.

a weak story coupled with fantastic acting and editing is a hallmark of pta films

strength of the stury isnt really that important in a character study. Actually makes sense to keep it simple

Yes, it's not a bad film. I really want to know where this meme came from that it sucks.

I enjoy the cinematography and atmosphere and how it's used to convey a very prominent visual story right as the film begins. I feel that the atmosphere reflects the attitudes and arcs of the characters really well it for me, it's an example of a film's overall style being complimented by the characters within it. Paul Dano and DDL have great onscreen chemistry and their characters play off each other well. The power of There Will Be Blood lies in (for me) its pacing and tone. It's an example of something you need to watch as an overall package and not just "it's a good actor's film, for actors" or something. DDL is very subtle, which is another theme of the film, albeit dark subtly from characters that are appalling people. That also is the point, right? Nobody is really GOOD, except victims of circumstance like his son...who isn't even his actual son.

I'm ranting, but I like this film for it's pacing and atmosphere and how it uses those elements to enhance a story or as a storytelling device; telling a visual narrative through style.

it's that those of us who aren't pretentious faggots see it for what is really is. Pretentious faggotry.

Oh okay, so you don't actually have a real opinion on the film? Got it. Thanks.

if you think TWBB is pretentious then you are clueless

Well put, would overall agree with this.

>this is the reason we can't actually have discussion on Cred Forums anymore.

prove to me it's not shit

Well it's your opinion if it's "shit", but while that it is an opinion you are welcome to have, just sputtering that a movie is "pretentious faggotry" isn't a film criticism. I'm not here to prove fucking shit. I'm not here to disprove what you like or don't like.

But can you cobble some brain cells together to give anyone here an actually informed opinion?

>Well
stopped reading there

It's okay if you are just illiterate user, you don't have to be afraid to come out about that.

>I stopped reading because he started a sentence with "well"
Are you an autist?

Why dont you watch more movies you fetus

Another quality thread.

Why dont you watch films outside the imdb top 250? Fag

I just wish people actually constructively talked about films a LITTLE more.

>he says without a flicker of irony

No, I'm not being ironic at all. I've been here for fucking years and I really wish we had better discussion.

well why don't you start it instead of complaining about it, you are the actual cancer.

see
>hur durrr you are ACTUAL cancer
what's next you gonna call me "rebbit" newfriend?

>Write a moderately fleshed out criticism about why you like some aspects of the film
>"har har, fedora tip!!"

Please leave and go back. There are no updoots here

I do. It's a pretty boring subject but done in a very enjoyable way.

american pie
star wars revange of the sith
love actually
dark knight rises

If it wasn't for the annoying soundtrack it would be more enjoyable. It's kind of the same "pleb filter" as the telephone ringing in OUATIA or the motorwayscene in Solaris but this time it goes on through the whole movie, making it a horror film to your ears while your eyes watches a histotrical drama unfold. It would be really interesting to see this film with a completely new soundtrack, and I think it would do wonders to those that haven't been 'able' to sit it through.

>prove this negative to me
wewlad.jpg

not an argument

this is an image board we don't want you to write anything
i think you need to leave

Yes. It's beautiful, the performances are great and I love slow boiling movies. It might feel boring sometimes but Dano and DD's performances kept me entertained.

fuck you. This whole board is a discussion based board, newfriend.

This guy is fucking trolling.

Why do people honestly find him funny?

I was at that showing, down in Kern county.

you should think about restructuring sentence your

yes

What? That sentence isn't grammatically incorrect.

"Why do people honestly find him funny?"

The fuck you on about...?

Because he is funny. A lot of alt-righters tag on to him because of his political beliefs but Sam is genuinely funny, political or not

Give me his funniest segment, skit, sketch..whatever. Show me.

non-discussion plagues the majority of Cred Forums, Cred Forums is atleast funny
Where most boards consist of peoples thinly veiled attempts to seek recognition and salvage their own damaged ego's, Cred Forums can at least be self aware and self-depracating
Autists and frog-posters who willingly make fun of themselves are literally the saving grace of this board. Be honest with yourself, there is no reason what so ever pick Cred Forums as your message board of choice if not for the funny memes/autists
Actual discussion with real arguments and insight take up less than 1% of this site

its my favorite movie

sup Kanye

10/10 b8 made me respond

not memeing

Contrarian threads should just be deleted. Your stance is the cheapest, least substantiated possible, and you try and entice people to disprove your opinion when you essentially do not have one.

You're the epitome of a 35-year-old neckbeard "nerd" who will never touch a physically attractive woman or have a real job.

If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there(Cred Forums). Or kill yourself.

what opinion does the OP propose?

even as a pleb shit, I enjoyed the film. Now, its even better. Created competition between PTA and QT.

>TWBB
>Inglorious Bastards
which one y'all like better?

no, I agree it's a great movie
I don't know why people on this board can't fathom the idea of other people liking things they don't like, and vice versa. Or feeling the need to shit on it without actually making an effort to argue their point

look at you go!

>even as a pleb shit, I enjoyed the film
Thats literally the point mate. TWBB is a film that plebeians flock to in awe, because they are nearly completely underexposed to cinema.

It is a film which exposes the tasteless, time after time.

>It is a film which exposes the tasteless, time after time.
which direction do you normally tip your fedora? I need pointers.

this is bait right?

Inglorious Basterds was bad.

Why?

There Will Be Blood is quintessential fedoracore. Flashy dogshit that's more shallow than the director wants you to believe always appeals to imdb fedora kiddies. It's a film for people who want to feel like they're appreciating great cinema without actually wanting to put the effort in and think too hard. An artificial masterpiece.

> you shouldn't have opinions on anything and this board should be nothing but shitposting

you should rethink your values user

what are some of your recommendations for great cinema?

lol i'm sorry but this whole post was genuinely fedora as fuck, and i'm impartial to this debate
Do you realize how out of place attempting to sound like a snobby old british guy is on fucking Cred Forums
replacing 'mate' with 'good sir' would make it more consistent though

Landa was the only good character and most of the irony intended in Quentin's newer movies just falls flat.

>nearly completely underexposed
haha what, guessing you mean unexposed?

Godard is my nigga and Tarkovsky is on some dumb shit. TWBB

when did Cred Forums stop talking about films and just shitpost?

>mfw

>There Will Be Blood is quintessential fedoracore.
Trust me, this irony is not lost on me, faggot.

user, he won't have any.

For the 00s then picture related.
You've been stomped and all you can do is spam pictures of fedoras. You can reply with two images like you always do to defend your tastelessness, but you're done here

>its a post with no substance just empty words
ISHYGDDT

You aren't really giving me much of a detailed criticism on why you believe the film is bad, in your opinion.

I have to watch Anti Christ.

TWBB is easily on the same quality as any of these

>when did Cred Forums stop talking about films and just shitpost?
Most of this board doesn't have the ability to articulate in any detailed capacity their actual taste in films.

>For the 00s then picture related.
For the 10s picture related. The ones marked with red aren't bad at all, but they're not "essential"

I'm still working on listing the other years

lol

Sorry Clouds of Sils Maria should be marked with red too

No, it really wasn't.

What more do I need to say? Quentin's new movies are only entertaining if you buy into his tongue in cheek writing style.

what about this one, lads?

Okay, that's still not really SAYING anything, user. Has this board gotten so complacent with non-opinions and empty criticisms? Fucking explain to me why you feel like his films are bad and why exactly the irony falls flat in his most recent films.

Jesus fuck, it's like pulling teeth with you teenagers now.

because they don't have actual opinions

>if you don't write an essay explaining yourself then your opinion is invalid

fuck off.

Its good, but most of his other films are much better. Women on the Verge is what you should watch first by him.

You forgot Leviathan and Calvary you pleb

>mfw fuck-off user deploys empty words

I'm not asking for a paragraph you lazy fucking neet, I'm asking for you to back up your opinions with at least more than a sentence.

Go back to ((((rebbit))) if you don't have real opinions about films you don't/do like you autist.

docs.google.com/presentation/d/1r0ARK5ktEvFUnIwFjRxqbH3AY1tdE3zKi3N8CVeSUqE/edit?usp=sharing

RATE

Used to be in my top 5 films but taken it out because it's popular with pseudo film intellectuals

Saw this in theaters during a limited run in my college town. Had to see this for a screenwriting class....my friends and I went in blind....holy shit...I honestly didn't know where it was going. I ended up liking it though. It's a pretty odd film.

That's a bad reason to stop liking something. Shows that you are insecure as all shit about the films you like.

>Leviathan
Its on there but you can't see it because the image would get too big(its already getting huge enough) and all the picks for 2012 save for maybe Paranorman are better.
>and Calvary
IMDB fodder like everything else from the memeatic brothers.

I've said all I need to say to explain my opinion. Quentin is the most over-indulgent filmmaker working today and the only people who like his movies are the ones who go in assuming they will be amazing. Almost every character in the movie is one dimensional and boring if you ignore the layers of Tarantino irony and there is nothing else to carry the movie.

thanks for the recommendation, user. here's one you probably seen, but ill post anyways.

For real. And Adaptation is a hip alternative to a much better Kaufman film, Synechdoche New York, which really puts in perspective the size of the poster's fedora.

>Quentin is the most over-indulgent filmmaker working today
Why?
>only people who like his movies are the ones who go in assuming they will be amazing.
Why??
>Almost every character in the movie is one dimensional and boring
Why???
>and there is nothing else to carry the movie.
WHYY?????

Again, I don't think you know how to really provide a criticism. This is all just empty nothing. It's absolutely nothing. Please go back.

I feel you dude, i'm trying to explain this to someone on another board right now
Why do these people even post these things in the first place if they refuse to engage in actual discussion? It's blatant diary-posting and egotism, like anyone gives a fuck about their favorite stuff
90% of Cred Forums is "i like/dislike *thing* but i wont tell you why"

Not the poster, but this paragraph of yours represents exactly the problem he posits. You have a non-opinion on the film, you are just evaluating outside factors, not anything technical about the films.

>Why?
Not an argument, rebuttal or even valid question unless you are fucking six.

you're what's wrong with this forum

See this is the main reason why you should hate this pretend classic

>asking me to flesh out my opinion, and providing examples of my post where I don't actually SAY anything with substance is "not an argument"
I'm convinced you are an actual child who stumbled into here with a fucking script.

Or you are seriously a retard.

Not him either, but how are remarks about characters in the films "external factors"?

What film is that pic from?

Pacific Rim was amazing, tf you talking about bitch

>Why?
Because people pay to see whatever he makes no matter what.
>Why??
Because they assume it will be good without having to actually think critically about it at all.
>Why???
Because they are?
>WHYY?????
Because Tarantino is an overrated hack.

Jesus fuck, you are a legit child or have the emotional depth of a child if you can't even provide real thoughts on something. Again, you say NOTHING.

Hang yourself.

Nah the film is genius ,I can't deny that.but it's pure disdain for psedos.Cant be associated with that I'm afraid

That's pretty rich considering your posts in this thread could have been replaced by a monkey typing "why?"

>Tarantino is a hack!
>they are boring because they are!
>people only like his movies because they assume they will be good!
>Tarantino is overindulgent because people pay to see him no matter what!

What a well thought out criticism of my post!

holy fuck, how is it even possible to be this dumb
Do you people just not logically break down and think through what you say before saying it? Are you actually delusional
I don't let the internet get me legitimately mad often, but jesus

I literally put both your responses together and they were still worthless and empty.

This isn't the site for you, newfriend.

xD funny joke very well meme'd

Your meme movie is the definition of reddit and it's ok to be a pleb no need for sarcasm

He didn't even counter argue you.Your right don't let them try and disfigure your argument with stupid meme pictures.i agree 100%

There's no "counter argument" here you retard. That user has literally offered NOTHING of substance.

You can't bitch and moan when you haven't even offered anything worth reading...

So you're telling me to watch nothing but awful movies?

Kek OK let me get right on that

OH WHAT A COMEBACK NEWFRIEND!
Was that on the list you got from r/Cred Forums? Or did you make that up yourself?

wew, really got me good mate!

Just my opinion mate chill.Whats your favourite scene in the movie?

literal autism

>I'm shutting down now to obstruct the argument

>the argument
Can you show me where to find that?

STUMPED

>WOAH man, so like Tarantino is a hack!
>He just IS man.
>His characters are just like, one dimensional.
>like, they just are, you know?
>psh, what? You gonna ask me "why"?
>what are you? A monkey?
>((((high fives chad)))) right?
>this is literal autism!
>got'em!

dude the entire thread is filled with countless posts that have already argued the point to you multiple times, people are running out of ways to explain it to you
Explaining it you once again would be redundant, and futile since you seem incapable of comprehending it
literally read the thread, you have responded to several legitimate arguments for why your fucking stupid

>You're saying nothing!
>Why won't you say something??
>WHYYYYY??

Sure, newfriend.

Here are 390+ movies that are better. And I'm not positive that TWBB should be a top 400 all time film.

theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php

>You're saying nothing!!!
>WHYYYYYY

What a well thought out criticism to my several posts!

>Still deflecting and obstructing because I have nothing to say.
What's it like to be completely laughed at by an entire thread, son?

Another successful contract

Thread status: BTFO

It feels great to know I'm not a big enough pleb to think Inglorious Basterds was actually good.

everything on that list is IMDBpleb shit

thanks for wielding my pasta, bro! been months since I've seen it.

You can at any time, explain to me why you think it's not good...

I'm all ears, faggot.

This times 1000. There are a few people with taste left on this shithole.

Literally the only good scene was the opening one.

Not him but I can dismantle the whole film in a sentence

It's ridiculous and juvenile

>Like, LITERALLY BRUHS
>LITERALLY

What a well thought out criticism to my post!

>1. Citizen Kane
>close tab

>It's ridiculous and juvenile!
>BOOM
>FILM DISMANTLED!

It's a dumb "IRL" cartoon for BrBa fedoraplebs. Nothing artistic or smart about it. He's just still coasting off Pulp Fiction, which was at least original and interesting. Too bad he couldn't extend that past 2000.

>PSH CITIZEN KANE?
>TAB CLOSED

literally 500 times better than PTA's entire flickography combined. Welles has more talent in his fingernails than PTA will over multiple lifetimes.

(You)

>cartoon for BrBa fedoraplebs
>FEDORAPLEBS BRUH

If you like any Quentin Tarantino movie after Death Proof you need to kill yourself.

>le make an accurate statement that experienced, educated cinephiles would agree with
>doesn't comport with your pseudo/fedora outlook
>must be le fishing for responses

It's okay though. I know there's literally 0 chance you or any other fedora here could attempt to explain how PTA is not completely unnotable next to Welles. So you have to use an insult/meme/etc. There are tens of other directors that are much better than PTA too. Enjoy your first 6 months being "into movies."

>If you like any Quentin Tarantino movie after Death Proof
>KILL YOURSELF
>@Leafyfanbitchfucker69/twitter

You're pretty good at making it seem like you know what you're talking about.

Not that good, however.

>Enjoy your first 6 months being "into movies".
>YOU FEDORA TIPPER

Death Proof is in the same category and quality as Inglourious and Django but Tarantino fags for some reason took the next two movies seriously.

>DID YOU TAKE THE NEXT TWO MOVIES SERIOUSLY?
>WHAT A TARANTINO FAG
>((((HIGH FIVE))))

not a chance in hell.

Imagine being unironically angry that your favourite flicks by a meme director are all trash

>b-but... the BEAR JEW was so epic XDDD

Deathproof is my favorite.

>you unironically angry?
>YOUR MEME DIRECTORS
>ARE TRASH
>CHECKMATE

Anyone who says he didn't like this movie is either a troll or doesn't know a literal fuck about cinema.

My mom took me to see this in theaters when I was 10 or 11 and I loved it.

Quentin?

forgot pic

>the road better than TWBB

Now this is shitposting!

I can hear you tipping from my computer seat m8

>WHAT?
>YOU LIKE THIS MOVIE?
>YOU FUCKING FEDORA
>DID YOU CHECK OUT MY HOT MEME?

>Does anyone actually like this film?

No but lots of people pretend to.

that's not even remotely the point of the discussion, it's about arguing your point as opposed to pointlessly saying "i dont like x" and ego-posting in general
I don't give a shit about tarantula or pta

How big is your child reaction image folder?

I like Boogie Nights and Magnolia better

Unironically this, it should be in your top 10 of the century just for the photography and perfomances alone

>YOU JUST PRETEND TO LIKE IT

It's been steadily increasing due to this thread having so many faggot children pretending to offer criticism or valid opinions.

is this you?

I'm only ONE of those posts.

I always get this film and No Country for Old Men confused

Not in terms of actual content or actors or anything, just seems like 2 movies with completely interchangeable titles that came out around the same time.

You could swap the titles and neither movie would be affected.

Is it just me

No Country refers to Tommy Lee Jones getting "too old for this shit" whereas Daniel Day Lewis finishes strong so it would not make sense to switch titles.

Ironically you're the most childish person. In this thread

Did you know that they even filmed in the same locations and they actually had to stop the production of No country because the smoke from the set piece of There will be blood was sabotaging their shots?

>Ironically you're the most childish person. In this thread
project less, newfriend. Reddit is down the hall to the left.

Ok I won't project

>he knows where to find Reddit

haha jokes on you fag I'm so cool and edgy I don't even know what reddit is!

This post should literally be stickied for every newfriend and redditor who dares attempt to Cred Forums.

Still waiting on a fleshed-out criticism...

This fucking thread though

this redditard is close to losing his mind lmfao

>We should tell everyone to kill themselves if they like new Tarantino movies
Do you realize how fucking stupid you sound, mate?

Same bro.
I think it's down to them both being really boring and literally nothing happening.

>WOAH THIS REDDITARD
>HE LOSING HIS MIND
>LMFAO

I don't think you've been following this thread, newfriend.

I know. Same with Fight Club, TDK, PF XD

See, none of these are really that bad. Cred Forums has never really known what they were talking about.

The point is that it's less stupid than actually liking new Tarantino. If you legit think his recent abominations are worthy of actual discussion or praise, you belong nowhere near any film forum, not even a shit one like Cred Forums.

Well, I guess reddit might be appropriate.

>more caps lock and meme text

Just breathe bro.

>not really a constructive opinion.
We get it you sperg, you don't like Tarantino. Do you think you will get updoots for defending your friend simulator and hugbox you fedora tipping elitist fuckface?

All fun flicks, if you dislike any of those you may have the autismus. TWBB is great for a whole different reason but the rule still applies, if you don't like it you may be a pleb of the worst kind or a try hard contrarian, which in the end is just about the same thing

No. For me to like a film I have to either enjoy it, or find it thought provoking. This did neither for me. I know that there are a lot of people who are probably in the same boat.

I don't think a critic's word means too much if they claim something is great while most people don't enjoy it, isn't it their job to analyse the qualities in a movie that makes them "work"?

I mean look, then we have to consider the opinion of plebs who naturally have unrefined taste because they don't watch many movies and aren't interested in film, but it's worth thinking about. I think there is actually a very fine line between appreciation and pretentiousness in film criticism, and I think the reception for this would fall into the latter category.

>I don't think a critic's word means too much if they claim something is great while most people don't enjoy it
It's almost as if, people who are experienced in watching films have different opinions than mass drones who can't even articulate why they actually like their "flicks"

Really made me think

You seem to be buying into this fedora tipping meme that this film is pretentious because people who know at least something about film critique enjoy and praise it

This post is 10000x more fedora than the one you're replying to

Yeah, you missed the end of that sentence though, also the part where I acknowledged that issue. Anyway, why should critics exist if they're just going to tell you what's enjoyable to a critic? What "works" in a film should generally be what makes an audience click with it, not what makes you feel intellectually superior to point out.

Just my opinion, and I do think there are objective qualities in this film that deserve praise, but there needs to be a balance. Stamping "masterpiece" on this is a little lame.

Thanks for the input, newfriend

Why can't film/critics be pretentious? The rest of the art world is, and people naturally like to feel special or important. Why do you think that this is not pretentious, and that people don't just say they like it because it's revered as a masterpiece?

Quite a lot of Cred Forumstards like myself are spreading out trying to find different boards after Chinese Moots' recent announcement.

Indulge a newfag to Cred Forums, is the general trend of posts on here?

what recent announcement?

>the rest of the art world is pretentious
Your opinion is discarded since you apparently have no real clue what you are talking about.

He's not wrong, polish films tend to be very pretentious, like O-bi O-ba

Not that pretentious is an inherently bad thing like some retards try to label it as.

>I have no actual knowledge about film and art
>its all pretentious
Do neet autists really think this?
Its gotta be the most ignorant thing you could say about a medium

No, he actually is wrong. Its a blanket generalization for literal teenagers

He's really not, in Hollywood you really have to dig a little deep to find the pretentious stuff, in other, particularly non-west nations you just have to look past the entry level layer to find those.

Good movie. If you disagree, you're 15 or less.

it's all pretentious?
No, it's not. But to act like it couldn't possibly be is just stupid.

Cool discussion tactics though, I love all the counter arguments to make me rethink my position, and that there are no people intentionally missing the point of what I'm saying and calling me a retard. Never change Cred Forums

>its a amerifats think all movies are pretentious episode

I sorta feel bad for how warped you have to be to live this dismissively. To think all art you dont understand is pretentious really makes you a closed minded faggot

You're really misunderstanding me. I don't think something being pretentious is bad.

I'm not american either.

>But to act like it couldn't possibly be is just stupid.
Thats not the point, the point is that making blanket generalizations for an entire medium is intellectually dishonest and makes you look like someone who actually doesnt understand what he is talking about

It's really fucking boring and full of plotholes

classic.

Then work on your fucking word choice.

Name one plothole that isnt a nickpick.

The main character suddenly starts hating his son for no reason in the end

If you followed the conversation you'd see I already stated that:

What announcement

He never liked his "son" in the first place, he was just a business tool

the entire movie went over your head

not just a scene or two, but the entire film

I think the notion that you have to "understand" anything when it comes to art is ridiculous. Meaning can be pretty arbitrary, if you think you can watch or look at something and understand exactly what the artists is thinking, you're a nugget. Even worse if you honestly believe that makes you superior in some way.

So it's one of those 2deep4u David Lynch flicks?

Yeah man that's totally what I said, you really tried to listen to someone else's perspective without putting words in their mouth. I did in fact say all film is pretentious, and not just express that I think it can be.

I feel like you never saw the movie or a complete moron

you're responding to bait

>think the notion that you have to "understand" anything when it comes to art is ridiculous.
Thats pretty juvenile if you believe that some art requires no effort from you. Im sorry you prefer to be spoonfed like a literalist faggot.

Literalism is killing art.

Your perspective is trash to me. Just bitchy nonsense.

You haven't made a single argument, if you don't care for any opinion but your own then why bother participate in discussion? What's your end game here, make me feel bad? How can you be so sure that it's bitchy nonsense when it's clear you haven't understood what I'm saying. And you saying that my perspective is trash in response to my last comment, is admission to that.

And yet I'm the closed minded one.

lol what, I said you don't have to understand, not you shouldn't think about it. The quality of art to you is exactly how you perceive it, it doesn't have to be literal for you to draw your own meaning from it.

stop being contrarian it's good

the master is 1000x better but this is bretty gud

I echo his statement and ive fucked attractive women and have a good job so youre wrong there my friend

to me it was not bad, it just got boring after a while. I felt like it was building up to something big that would happen, I thought it would be more focused on events, than characters.

>Doesn't like film
You must be a bastard from a basket.

>le pretty cinematography and lack of dialogue/exposition = art!!!

pseudo-cinephiles fresh off masturbating to Nolantino jumping on the PTA flickwagon. Never fails to amuse.

PTA is one of the top 6 biggest hacks working today.

fuck off, this shitposting is so dull

meme more

Can someone explain something to me in this terrible shitposting-bait-meta faggot thread? I've never understood shitposting, nor do I participate in it. I get /s4s/, I get Cred Forums, I get off-topic porn spam threads, but I never understand deliberately acting like a massive asshole, spouting only "it's shit!," memes, and buzzwords to rile up a person, even anonymously. I want to understand how that is considered "fun."

Kys Korine fag

Cringe

>this whole thread
Lmao and you fags still pretend you are any better than Cred Forums or Cred Forums

>pseudo-cinephiles fresh off masturbating to Nolantino jumping on the PTA flickwagon

I wish I could kick all you condescending hipster fucks in the face

*deflects kick*
*grabs leg*
*kicks the leg holding you up*
*you fall on the floor*
"have a nice trip?"

Epic

Did the oil represent repressed ejaculation?

it represented what was fueling america

>film

for foreign films, how do you guys normally watch them?

I like to stream my movies to my 50 inch tv but I can never get subtitles to work that way so I'm stuck watching them on my 20 inch monitor in my uncomfortable chair

Submarine? Rich Hill?

Come on man

is my favourite movie
i don't give a fuck about being a plebeian or patrician
the music, the cinematography, to story (to me this just a story about loneliness, about poeple who can't conect with others) it gives me feels
sorry for my shit english

so Cred Forums really is the worst board

look at Cred Forums or Cred Forums first

Holy shit, I think this thread is the most autistic thing I witnessed on Cred Forums.

Yes

What's not to like?

Figures that someone who enjoys live action cartoon movies like Inglorious Basterds or Django would become ragingly emotional at the thought that other people don't care for brainless, artless cartoons.

Take a deep breath. Next time someone has a differing opinion that's not brainless and immature, try not to get so upset about it. That would be mentally healthy.

I do

I agree with this. I felt identified with Daniel because he had a son who wasn't really his son.

the fact that this thread got this far is unbelievable
truly the end of times

fucking awesome film

Wings of desire

Not an argument you deflecting piece of shit.

Great movie but not pta's best. That would be The Master

one day when you grow out of comic book flicks i'm sure it will be one of your favorites. puberty is funny that way.

people like you are why this is the shittiest, most irrelevant board on this site

The most interesting part of the film is perhaps the context between the atheist and the preacher, that, left in the background for most of the story, comes to the fore only at the end, and tragically so. Several scenes could have made a lot shorter, but overall the historical reconstruction is impeccable and the slow pace adds a majestic tone to what would otherwise be a Zola-esque saga

>most irrelevant board
this board was one of the best when it was ""irrelevant"" tho
now that every mongrel and his friends that only lurk Cred Forums post here its turned into a sfw Cred Forums for redditors

Will you shut the fuck up about reddit already you fucking numale fedorafag?

that's not Inherent Vice or Punch Drunk Love

I seriously hope you don't actually believe that reddit invented the word "contrarian". This is troll pasta, right? It has to be.

Great scenes and great acting.i still found it boring

Yep pretty much this

You are a retard if you think anything that user said was anywhere near reality.

God tier score

Why has this board survived so long

This is pasta right?

It really was. One of his worse films.

I loved it

Why are you all this insecure? You realize normies really don't give a shit what films you like? It's only other autists that do.

It really wasnt.

i did