I don't get why people think Kung Fury is good, I just watched it, and it's pure shit

I don't get why people think Kung Fury is good, I just watched it, and it's pure shit

almost no resemblance to actual movies from the 80's

why does leddit like this trash ?

I liked it. I like the gimmick.

It's the 80's for kids born in 1998.

Had potential but ultimately was shit.

I think it works in the short format but any attempt at feature length will be worthless unless it stars Charlie Sheen while doing cocaine on set.

I was never entertain just bored

People that enjoyed this probably say that it had the wacky Tim and Eric VHS effect

was this suppose to make the film better ?

last time I check people in the 80's used Film and digital came during the early 2000's

>what is video

This place sometimes, holy shit.

It's great since he made most if it in his living room. Beat that if you can do better. It's tribute to the 80's action movies, not a replica.

are you fucking serious now mate?

You have to be the right age to find retro 80's stuff funny and cool, without having any actual memories of the 80's or having been exposed to any actual 80's pop culture - Just homages to 80's pop culture.

>What is video

Not digital.

This place sometimes, holy shit.

And seriously - This resembled Sin City more than anything from the 80's.

enough of the jokes worked to make it watchable for me. half an hour was a good length for it too

80's is Stranger Things you get the vibe from it unlike Kung Fury

>it's pure shit
When will this meme die?

Lone Survivor alone made it worthwhile

it's just a series of references, it fails utterly to capture the feeling of an 80s film or even make fun of them beyond pointing at them. it's a 30 minute Family Guy skit

OP is mutt.

100%.

It feels like an authentic amalgamation of 80's nostalgia greatest hits.

Kung Fury feels like something made by someone whose only exposure to the 80's was an episode of BOTW and Far Cry: Blood Dragon.

Good on the guy for making it though.

Stranger Things barely has that vibe. It's like It Follows in that it doesn't feel like it really belongs to one period in time. But unlike in It Follows, where that clearly was the intention, Stranger Things tries to force the 80s gimmick by anachronistically shoving posters, and music here and there.

The humour isn't in it being a parody, but that it's just ridiculous/cheesy. I feel like the people complaining about this are just bitter that millenials are enjoying something based on 80's nostalgia. It's a cool aesthetic, honestly, and you can't blame people for enjoying it. You're putting way too much bias on it, it's a pretty cool short film for what it is, why is it so difficult to give credit where credit is due?

Danger 5 did it better, but that mustache scene was pretty funny.

Agreed. Danger 5 really nailed that 80's vibe without resorting to complete lol random shit.

>Shoot on digital
>Add shitty faux VHS effects that look nothing like how a tape did, even the artefacts are wrong
>Actors are dressed like somebody explained to you how 80's action movies without you ever seeing it
>Dialogue is nothing like 80's, puns are shit
>The hair is all wrong

I honestly don't understand why these nostalgia chasers don't just film this shit on an old crappy analogue camera, style their hair properly, and wear actual clothing from the 80's (there are warehouses full of that shit in Bangladesh and co).

is Danger 5 worth watching ?

no claire, its a tyrannosaurus rex

>It's a cool aesthetic

Sure.

But it's not an 80's aesthetic.

>why is it so difficult to give credit where credit is due?

I said it above, good on them for making it. They did a good job - But it's still cringe worthy for me because it does such a bad job as a homage.

>Pretty cool

I mean - Taken in context. It's not funny or entertaining or interesting to me, but it's a short film made for fun, not a professional product made for profit, so it's kind of rude to criticize it like it's a "real" film.

It's set in the 80's because that's around about the last decade where not everybody had a cellphone and internet, shit like that.

Take Jonathan for example, his taking pictures with the camera was a pivotal plot point because not everybody was walking around with a camera in their pocket. Same for the walkie talkies with the kids.

Exactly it felt like another extension of Blood Dragon but worse

My father watched this crappy movie and said "this doesn't remind me of the 80's at all"

probably because VHS is a dogshit limiting medium that is a nigger to work with

I hated it, what was this even supposed to parody? And the synthwave style was just overblown with no substance.

The writing domehow managed to make it all worse as well.

VHS effect look like shit

Black Dynamite did it better that is how you make a parody / homage to something

>take everything that was shit about 80s action movies and make a short with it

trash!

I was born in the 70's, so I'm an 80's kid. I thought it was funny. It's a stupid, fun movie. Chill the fuck out, fags. Wait, no. Make more threads complaining about things you don't like and cry about how some people like them. Wah. Your pussidom makes me laugh.

spoken like a true redditor

dude 80s lmao

If you're going to film something that is supposed to look like it's from the 80's, then do it properly.

VHS filters always look like absolute garbage and are too clean. Look at WNUF Halloween Special to see how to film that shit properly.

Pic related; when you use an actual camera from the 80's.

That's like totally reddit, man!
abloobydoobydoodledoo
herbyderbyderby

because the people that like it don't even like 80s b-movies, Kung Fury resembles 90's videogames way more that's why millenials like it. It's made by somebody who probably hasn't even seen that many b-movies and if he has he's just an ironic hipster who laughs at Bloodsport for how "bad it is"

its basically just a tech demo/demo reel for the guy who's a visual effects artist. he's kinda genius actually, he kickstarted a "movie" and used the money to make himself a pretty impressive vfx reel so soon he'll be doing effects for the next Marvel movie or something

>its a we're the cool kids because we hate something popular episode

>yet another movie that portrays Hitler as a bad guy

Yup I'm with you OP

also

>CG blood not squibs

post actually good homages

Danger 5>>>>>>Kung Fury

except Family Guy is a full retard shit

They tried too hard.

it would have been good if was only 5 minutes or so, but it went on way too long

if you want a real retro 80s style action film, watch turbo kid.