Why must every incarnation of Batman have a Penguin-runs-for-mayor angle?

Why must every incarnation of Batman have a Penguin-runs-for-mayor angle?

What a normal looking penguin, looks like shit.
Anyway OP, it is because "corrupt business owner/mafia boss runs for public office" is timeless social commentary, just look at the current presidential election on the US.

What the fuck why does he look so old now?

Batman The Animated Series didn't have one.

Probably because Batman TAS ran concurrent with the Tim Burton movies...

There's still no Penguin for Mayor story in it even after Burton.

That's two forms of media where he's ran for mayor you sperg

3, he also did it in the Adam West Batman, but I wouldn't doubt the entire rogues gallery ran for mayor in that show at some point.

Wasn't there an episode where some upper class whore tries to do a She's All That on him and make him over into an upper class dude? Not the same thing, but essentially the same plot as Batman Returns with some society dame standing in for Shreck.

Haven't watched the show other than the batman movie I get its campy on purpose but it's just not for me

i love these posters wish i could get one

>not liking one of the best penguins

How did they get away with this?

More importantly, when will Penguin and Riddler consummate their blatant homosexual desire?

it's fake

>2014-09-30
we missed your birthday senpai. belated congrats to your underrated shitpost

>Why must every incarnation of Batman have a Penguin-runs-for-mayor angle?
He's influential, rich, popular, and not Arkham-crazy.

Batman, as a vigilante, is a lawbreaker. Penguin is a lawbreaker too, but his running for mayor shows how corrupt Gotham can be.

I thought they're gonna kiss last episode in the last scene

Why does every version have Joker using an abandoned toy factory or amusement park?

Because its something the character would do.

>every fictional politician for the next few years will have the same goddamn "Make X Y again!" slogan

>you will never protect his smile
I really root for him and hope nothing bad will happen

MAKE GOTHAM SAFE AGAIN

HANG THE WOGS

PAKIS OUT

That one comic based on BTAS had the Penguin become mayor via corrupt means, but that's about it.

The comic tie-in did. Clock King rigged it for him.

You leave Mr. Cobblepot alone he is hard working self made man of Gotham. Who the hell else in gotham doesn't have personal issue's? I will wait until the squirming masses of anons decide on who's a better fit for mayor. At least he has the gumption to put his name on the ballet.

>comic tie-ins

Fuck off.

Then you are well and truly a plebeian, those comics probably were the best Batman comics whatsoever, regardless of being a tie-in or not.

Also a lot of the show staff, including Bruce Timm worked on them.

Also Batman originated from comics anyway.