How did the egg get on board the Sulaco?

How did the egg get on board the Sulaco?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4FCLyglO_QY
youtube.com/watch?v=xcLTaMpRl2o
youtube.com/watch?v=hip868rxkg4
youtube.com/watch?v=PU-ulzbY4us
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm going to guess that the queen brought it aboard by hand or in her queen pussy.

Also eggs.

Paul Reiser is a tricky jew. Do the math.

Wasn't the craft docked in space for all of the movie?

It wasn't an egg it was just a facehugger.

it rolled

fuck this movie sucks

It's either this or Aliens Colonial Marines. I'd rather have this.

I Honestly don't remember. I haven't seen the movie in probably 10 years.

Plot contrivance. They had to figure out a way to make Alien 3, bro.

He got what's coming to him

youtube.com/watch?v=4FCLyglO_QY

And yet you post about your ignorance.

All of the characters of Colonial Marines, save for Hicks and Bishop, were whiny boorish hoo-rah cunts. Moreso I fucking hate that actually wanted to see what would happen in a sequel game.

>she leaves him to suffer
Nice.

Yes, the Sulaco, the "mother-ship" was docked in space for the entirety of Aliens, but that's all shot to hell/potentially contaminated the minute you have a tricky ruse-alien queen on board your ship. And they brought the queen with them, and it was left alone in the hangar-room (with Newt) for several seconds, and even had time to itself while the remaining crew were unaware of its presence. It is not unreasonable to suppose (as the third Alien movie very clearly requires us to do) that she brought a spare egg or two with her when she detached from her egg sac while the colony (formerly human, now Alien) was being destroyed.

The large carrier warplanes, or "APCs" were the dropships, of which there were only two (this is made fairly clear in the dialogue). The first one was destroyed when Ferro became the only human in the second movie who we can actually (almost to the point of accepting it!) see being /killed/ by an adult alien (although it seems pretty clear that Burke was also killed outright, aliens only do the pause-double-mouth thing when they're just about to really kill you), and not being fragged by her own buddies, a suicide, a fuckup etc. The second one was called down by Bishop, and is what the surviving humans and the queen all escaped in. Of course, an APC also contains those armored-car things, as is seen in the second movie.

The notions of mother-ship, drop-ship, and escape craft overlap in certain ways, but all three tropes were established in Alien. Both movies end with the Alien making an unexpected and dramatic stow-away, so Cameron aped that.

If you think about it, it even makes sense that it was the /queen/ egg that it was, as the last-ditch effort to keep the species going. If your anthill is getting all fucked up and your drones are all dead, you want to at least have a chance at propogating the race, and in what has now become "primary canon" about the alien life cycle, that's exactly what you need, a queen egg.

Is this worth watching? Liked the first two, haven't continued yet.

Either the alien queen brought it with her or Bishop put it there.

Most people seem to fucking hate it, it's my second favorite (after the original). It's pretty grim, I love the cast of ugly outcast and crazy motherfuckers. Some of the SFX havent aged well, but I find it atmosperic.

Please note that I have never seen the theatrical cut, only the "assembly cut" (I believe is what it's called)

To kill off Newt and Hicks, the two characters people piss and moan about because they died, and apparently Alien movies aren't about Ripley; they're about some child and a generic space marine.
Glad they died, the focus was back on Ripley the way it should be and their deaths set the tone for the bleakness ahead.
Pity Whedon had to ruin it with his corny space cowboy garbage.

20th Century Fox brought it onboard.

The movie is an ok sci fi at best and a horrible Alien sequel.

If you're going to watch it then make sure you watch the Assembly/Director's Cut (They're the same thing just called different things depending on the release for some reason) from the BluRay Anthology release. It only tweaks a few things about the film but manages to improve it immensely.

It's the grimmest, most depressing entry to the franchise, and personally I think that's a good thing. I think it's exactly the sort of film they needed to wrap up the story.

Do you mean Alien 3? Because it was a more faithful sequel than Aliens is.
Aliens is great for what it is, and it's one of my favourite movies but it wrecked the mystery of the xenomorph and turned a malevolent intelligence into a worker bee.
Alien 3 made the xeno a threat again, and should have been the end. Instead, we got Resurrection with cartoon aliens making 1950s dinosaur sounds.

No, it's absolute shit. Rewatched recently and it was worth than I remember. Special mention to the TERRIBLE visual effects for the alien.

We will never get the proper directors cut version of this film, instead have to suffer the bastardised studio edited heap of confused mess.

She could have looked for Hudson too while she was there.

Movie ends with Ripley and Queenie fighting in the Sulaco's hangar bay.

>shit sfx
>atmospheric
ok

It'd have been passable if the xenomorph effects weren't so fucking terrible.

What do you mean faithful? These aren't adaptations of the novel. Aliens did something a model sequel is supposed to do. Expanded on the universe and the mythos without ruining anything (he would if he wanted to explain the origins of the alien species).
Any scene in which the aliens show their intelligence is in the second movie not the first.

Alien 3 fails even to justify its existence. At the end of the last one the colony is destroyed, the status of the ship is unknown but as far as Alien 3 is concerned it's gone. So here comes the magical egg that shouldn't be there but that alien is also destroyed so Alien 3 doesn't even move the story forward. Just like at the end of Aliens, the specimens from LV 426 are destroyed only now all the survivors are dead. Useless. They might've as well showed Sulaco getting hit by an asteroid.

I really liked aliens but I felt that it didn't talk about the most important point from the first movie, the bonus situation

How do you think?

I'm not him, but at least he replied with his input. No need to be a dick, friend.

That motherfucker.

Well one of the good things is that the Alien is not ALWAYS monkeying around in front of the camera, which means it's SFX arent here to ruin the atmosphere in most scenes. (and most of the Monster SFX are pretty good actually, it's the composite shots of it running around that look jarring.

right

It didn't. This film never happened, and Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop's torso all made it back safe to Earth.

>Expanded on the universe and the mythos without ruining anything

I'd argue against that. The Queen Alien was a terrible addition to the franchise. The whole concept behind the first film was to have an intelligent, agile monster that wasn't just a big dumb lumbering thing a la pretty much every other 'It came from outer space!' style movie.

Also Alien 3 went a different direction with its story, having Ripley be impregnated was a great twist.

Aliens actually rips off a lot of elements from Alien:
- Slow panning shot towards Cryo-pods to introduce the protagonists
- One of the main characters turns against the protagonists
- Scene where some of the main characters are talking to others on the radio while they're being stalked by the Alien(s)
- Ripley needs to go save something before she can escape (Newt/Jones)
- Loud countdown to self destruct
- Turns out the Alien was on the Escape Pod after all
- Kills it by flushing it out of an airlock

Two-three years and there will be another shoot at the third movie.

This. I've never seen Alien 3. I know it's terrible so to me the franchise ended with Aliens.

this
>people actually bought his 'the platform was becoming unstable story
he sedated hicks, eliminating any threat so he can safely retrieved a specimen as programmed

The fact that Bishop was a good guy alone is better than anything introduced in Alien 3. Not to mention there's a very limited number of good characters in Alien 3.

>tfw Lance is too old to play Bishop now
He was perfect for the Alien series, he has that kind of presence.

back to r e d d i t, hipster trash

He said that he will return because androids age like human Terminator Genisys style.
I'll take any explanaition because we don't know too much about the nature of the androids in Alien universe.
I'd be content with just using his voice kind of like JARVIS.

Waiting for the inevitable "oops meant to reply to..."

nope, meant you
alien 3 is underrated as fuck
i bet you're a burger too

The problem is that it didn't wrap up the fucking story because they can't stop making Alien movies.

>muh assembly cut

Vasquez was best girl ....she should be added to that list.

This deserves a (you) shit nigga i hope you type all that shit.

I mean if you're going to watch it you might as well watch what the director intended and not twelve different studio heads at Fox would make bank but didn't make bank.

Yeah I would recommend that

If, You, Are, Going, To, Watch, It

>greaseball Rosie the Riveter was best girl
Tumblr pls.

youtube.com/watch?v=xcLTaMpRl2o

This actually explains it all.

hm cant rmember this scene somehow. And I have the directors cut. Just my bad memory?

The better question is: How did the Queen Alien operate the elevator? Did it push buttons?

There was a book I had as a kid called "Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual". In the back, it had some back and forth about the happenings on LV-426. They eventually do some math and figure out that the blast radius of the colony was out of range of the derelict ship.

It would have been a much more logical movie opener than Alien3 had.

In the cut scene from Alien it was strongly implied that it could use a human to be gestated into an egg. A much more horrifying premise than "hurr durr ant hive" that Cameron made up.

he came into a thread and posted that he has no memory of the subject. brilliant. +1

>back to the ol' freezerino ahaha

She gibe de gud succ iz wat she do

Adding to this, let's discuss the various -ships in both of the first two movies.

In the first movie, The Nostromo refers most properly to a little spaceship that is towing a tug that is about a hundred times larger than it (the huge mass that looks vaguely like a city block, with four tower-elements and a somewhat flat underbelly). This is the cargo. The "space-truckers" analogy is helpful here. If the Nostromo is the "cab", or truck itself, then the tower-thing is a loaded trailer, the much bigger thing in the back with the freight.

In the first movie, the trailer together with ship can be likened to the "mother ship". They leave the cargo component safely in orbit, undock, then land on the planet. The much smaller detached Nostromo is thus "the drop ship" in this case.

The Nostromo in turn has a tiny escape craft on its own underbelly, which is called The Narcissus. Dallas is shown as hiding out here during a quiet moment, while the ship is on the planet itself (thus the escape craft is not attached to the space tug, instead). Fun fact, all three of the names of the Nostromo, Narcissus and Sulaco derive from the works of novelist Joesph Conrad, who Ridley had been keen on at the time, and whose work also involves men at sea in an uncaring world. Further, Apocalypse Now is probably the most famous adaptation of Conrad's works (Heart of Darkness), and both Conrad-influenced movies were released in 1979.

This fan-model of the Nostromo gives a fair sense of the geometry of the model. The Nostromo itself is the little bitty thing at the bottom right.

Of course, in Aliens, the Sulaco proper is the mothership, while the two different APCs play separate roles as drop-ship and escape-craft, since now it is the planet that must be escaped, and not a craft.

Even the terrible Alien:Resurrection has a similar interplay among two or three distinct craft. The Auriga vs. the Betty.

Yeah. Queens are pretty smart.

I think it's one of the deleted scenes.

Yeah, but when the alien IS on screen, it looks like shit thanks to the sfx. So yeah, it does ruin the atmosphere.

I'd think of it more as a David Fincher film than an Alien film. It has a lot of the hallmarks of his style (battle of the sexes/fear of women/cult of masculinity, unexpected left field plot twists, pessimism, harsh, unnatural lighting).

Now just kind of transpose onto the alien symbology and you have a pretty good sense of what you're getting into

Alien3 is actually the work of an auteur instead of just dull franchise maintenance though

that justifies its existence

Easy there, reddit.

Reddit fucking loves James Cameron.
Aliens might be fun if you're under the age of 18, but to anyone else it's a dumb campy action movie full of clichés, quips, and terribly acted 1 dimensional characters. Aliens doesn't hold a candle to Alien or Alien3.

movie was critized dumb for reason

Oh fuck off.

Cameron is a master in his craft, and Aliens is one of the best action/sci-fi movies ever.

Alien 3 was a disaster of a movie that never should have happened and aged like milk.

There's this funny word again.

No, the movie is a mess and it wasn't even finished. The studio interfered and there was no clear goal to finish the story.

People actually believe this.

Every character sans Ripley is by design so utterly deplorable (morally) that you basically don't care at all if they die.

>implying the scene of the guy getting smoked through the cieling of the mess hall isnt one of the scariest/most memorable moments of the franchise

It's because for some reason the horror of the first Alien is effective enough that for shallow people it seems deep. Well the movie is still perfect even without it and looks like people believe that the alien in it showed some incredible intelligence (in fact those scenes were only introduced in Aliens).
First two movies are perfect Alien 3 was a test to show that Fincher has talent but it's useless as a sequel and I'm glad it's gonna get retconned.

How is expanding the lore dumb?

They are Not the same cut, Fox had a totally different director create the assembly cut for a special edition dvd because Fincher didn't want to.

Assembly cut is best.

It's Alien 3. It doesn't exapnd anything. It makes shit up to fit in the story.

There is some questionable CGI but most footage of the Dragon was made with puppet models and looks very good.

I immensly dislike this movie but Boggs's death is great.

Also the worst effects in the movie aren't cgi but half-assed bluescreen puppets (the whole movie is half-assed).

>...FUCK

youtube.com/watch?v=hip868rxkg4

Time to get redpilled.

This guy gets it.

Either the prisoners are depraved, or their minders are stupid. Mr. Aaron isn't a /bad person/, he's just an unlikeable dimwit.

Aaron does something else rather stupid right at the end, which I suppose is supposed to endear the character to us just a bit, but really it just comes off as him being dumb, as usual. The immediate antagonist (the dog/or/bull alien) has been categorically destroyed, and Ripley is moments away from killing herself, and thus the Company's prize that you yourself (Aaron) know very well by this point is what they really want. She is committed to this, and then the Company has nothing left to fight for, nothing to strive for. Even if they were shooting out Morse, what the fuck do you care. Morse is a violent criminal and this whole thing is going to sort itself out in just a moment, and you might very well hop a peaceful ride home afterwards. So why attack the crew? But no, Aaron is dumb and hasn't thought this all through, so he attacks the crew in a futile gesture and is promptly wasted. Even Morse survived.

Even if it /is/ true that the Company may disappear you after-the-fact, it's worth still trying to hang on and see about the ride home, fuck. Eighty-five is so fucking dumb.

This is true except for Clemens.

I'm glad you pointed that out about 85. Although I do still find him kind of likable. He's dumb, he makes poor choices, but he seems to mean well and isn't a terrible POS like almost every other character. That and he's one of the first guys to actually try to help in some way rather than just scream about how screwed they are.

Why didn't they give Bishop a bigger role? If they didn't want Hicks and Newt back, at least have Ripley with Bishop. They had all these established, likable characters left at the end of Aliens, and they kill them off for bland criminals that no one cares about. Such a waste.

About the company

INFO FROM ALIEN
>they are very powerful and deal in space exploration and space excavation, own multiple brands but can't be called dystopian government or anything but as any powerful company they're willing to break a few rules for profit
>they're aware that there's a strange alien signal near Zeta Reticuli (a reference to the Hill abduction case) but they don't know what it is and send Ash to oversee the reconaissance on Nostromo

INFO FROM ALIENS
>the company already forgot about the signal
>Burke is the ONLY company man seen in the film (the rest are from ICC)
>ICC controls companies like Weyland-Yutani (another proof that they don't rule the world and can't do what they want)
>Burke sends the Jordens to investigate the derelict after reading Ripley's report

The thing is the Company in Alien 3 which takes place not long after Aliens, can't know all the details regarding the aliens that they know in the film. Or even that they want the creature so very much. And yet they seem to know everything even that sending Bishop might help in persuading Ripley to go with her. Burke was working independently and Sulaco wasn't even officially missing at that point.

We need that new movie fast.

He didn't want to do it, but showed up for a big paycheck.

I'm pretty sure he didn't want to do it because the script was shit. That early script with Bishop and Hicks as main characters would have been better than what we got. Glad he got that paycheck, though.

didnt michael biehn get a good amount of money for this film eventhough having almost no screen time, through some kind of contract deal?

This is a fair opinion of the character. We /want/ to like someone just a little in the movie, since everyone is so serious and unlikeable in this go-around, which is part of what makes the movie a chore.

The "humane" characters are roughly Hicks (quiet, pragmatic leadership, a dry sense of humor), Bishop, and Newt, who of course are basically all dead in the opening setup, and then there's Clemens who is also promptly done away with. This leaves our heroine alone as the only possible remaining sympathetic character, but even she is all bald and emotionally strung out by this point, which again just makes everything a chore.

The remaining (unpleasant) possibilities are Andrews, Dillon and Aaron. Andrews is written and performed as a wholly unlikeable bureaucrat, so even he may not be a "bad person" as-such, but you still don't care about him. Admittedly you do have to be a hard-ass to be a "jailor" in Clemens' word, but still. Andrews even cheerfully describes how the prisoners would simply be killed if they were to gang up and kill him, and although I am no liberal who care about the idea of prisoners' plight, this still serves to make Andrews less likeable. Then there's Dillon, who in fact becomes /even less likeable in the Assembly Cut/, since we get a clearer picture of his thought process and his lack of concern for the rest of the world. He just wants to sit in his foundry until his Time Comes, and does not really share Ripley's self-appointed mission of killing the creature. He actively resists the project of killing it at multiple points, by refusing to kill Ripley (and possibly thus killing the chestburster but clearly Ripley hasn't thought this suicide attempt all the way through, there would in all likelihood still be a viable chestburster coming out of her corpse, lol) and also by questioning why the prisoners should attempt to capture/kill the alien.

cont.

>for some reason
Because fincher walked off the movie during post production and disavowed it. The only mention he's ever made about it was during the movie fight club, when they're erasing the videos in the store, all the tapes are ALIEN 3.

That script was pretty good. Read it online somewhere.

A big reason 3 & 4 were so bad was because of Sigourney. According to Cameron she wanted to do 3 things in Aliens: Not shoot guns, die, and have sex with the Alien. He didn't grant her wishes of course, but later on she got what she wanted, and it was terrible.

>There is some questionable CGI
Its 100% practical. It was an unfinished effect.

Now, you can argue that Dillon is also being pragmatic in his own way, but his lack of concern for others seems to suggest that he is really a bad Christian, a cynical monk in his enclave who does not really live the word of God. In a modern understanding of such, anyway.

Aaron's slight redeeming quality is that his stupidity is played for slight comic relief. Beyond this the character is just dumb. This actually bears a similarity with Brad Pitt's Detective Mills in Se7en, which character is /actually a dumb person/ and was played as such. Anyway in both cases we kinda-sorta want to like the characters just a bit, but they give us plenty of stupidity to gainsay that.

No, they used his likeness without asking. He later got more money out of it than from making Aliens but he still has regrets because it was supposed to be his big break.

It's too late for him now but he's gonna get another chance in starring in a major blockbuster in a few years.

what the fuck did they do with this prop

Bishop is an asshole.

The fact that they even made that thing shows Fincher had no idea what to do with this movie.

If that's the explanation then fuck this movie even more.

But no it was just a forced sequel situation. After Aliens the only direction to take the next movie and finish the trilogy is what Blomkamp is going to do. So WY spends about 25 years working on the damaged derelict on Acheron and the Aliens survivors working to destroy the company once and for all or something like that.

I'm not against things like going to basics, making things simple and personal but in this case there's no other way.

Alien 3 (if ridley scott let's them make it)

He's producing it. He doesn't have anything to say which movie are and aren't made. He just announced his Prometheus sequel first.

I hope so senpai

What do you mean by that?

You would've thought that Ripley would've searched stem to stern before going to the freezers.

The script is finished and they have already made the test so the pre-production won't take long. Fox probably wants it to be released in 2019. Black's Predator will be released in 2018. Looks like they want a cinematic universe ending with another AVP.
I just want a good sequel to Aliens. I want to marathon them together as a trilogy.

You seem to be over-thinking in the vein of "no they can't kno that" far too much. Each movie in the various franchises is only ever its own little isolated world. From the very start, there is a consistent theme that a big Company/military/industrial-Contract-Complex has the plebs caught in its web.

Despite being unnecessary, the AvP movies do much to substantiate this already-implied mythos: old Capitalists discover that Aliens have walked among us for aeons, and seek to understand and control the Aliens at all costs. It is fair to suppose, for the sake of a given instance in the related media franchises, that a human/predator/etc takes the remains of a conflict, locks it in a vault, and sits on it for a generation or so until some new behind-the-scenes thing comes up, prompting whatever other variation on the theme you might care to explore. Prometheus is of course a variation on this theme.

I imagine for example that Danny Glover kept that antique pistol in a safe until the day he died, and then it was discovered by the estate, found to be "inexplicable", and quietly passed on, with no one knowing the truth of its provenance.

Or Burke just happens to be around when the thing starts going again. I imagine some unseen elder "in-the-know" also prodded him to play his role in the mission.

Or, the lead in AvP kept her Predator-swag secret, in similar wise.

At the end of AvPR, we have our first and only look at the character of "Yutani", who is clearly shown to come into the possession of some predator weapon. Another human with knowledge of alien technology. Not to mention the employees who set it on the table before her, etc.

cont.

Or that military ships in the future would've had better safety standards.

The pics of Carrie in that mold are for the Aliens dummy. Did they use the same dummy or make another one for Alien 3?

>producer
>has no say in the director
D-do you know what a producer does?

They should keep avp separate from aliens, like xmen and the avengers (though xmen as took a steep dive in quality since the second one with no bottom in sight), they just don't fit, predators aren't scary like an alien is scary.

Yes.
He doesn't decide which movie will be made as people are implying. He's not a jealous bastard wanting to sabotage Blomkamp's effort because he considers Alien his toy.

Andrews, maybe. 85, sure. Dillon, absolutely not.

I would actually consider Morse to be the only potentially redeemable character of all the lifers. He's not much different from any of the rest of them but in the end he proves to be more helpful to Ripley than anyone else in the whole movie, even if begrudgingly so (also being played for comedic relief from time to time). He's clearly got a dark past like the rest of them but he never really pretends to be anything other than who he is, unlike Dillon who puts on an endless bullshit charade of born-again religious self-righteousness and tries to get everyone else around him to buy into it too, despite the fact that, like you mentioned, he really doesn't give a fuck about anybody or anything but himself.

I get what you're saying about Andrews and 85 but Dillon might actually be the worst of everybody.

>He doesn't decide which movie will be made
THATS LITERALLY WHAT A PRODUCER DOES!

It pisses me off that in this supposed conclussion to the trilogy the only survivor is Morse.
So many dead characters. Dead and memorable characters. Space truckers, marines and yet the only one left standing is MAIN PRISONER #1. Yes, they gave Morse all the memorable lines. I like the actor. But it's still weird. Should've killed them all to leave only Jones.

I don't trust Ridley after Prometheus.

RIDLEY SCOTT IS NOT A MEMBER OF 20TH CENTURY FOX AND COULDN'T DECIDE ON THE FATE OF BLOMKAMP'S MOVIE EVEN IF HE WANTED IT DEAD WHICH HE PROBABLY DOESN'T

>not Dillon
He takes on a fucking alien barehanded to save Ripley, think about that for a second.

Yeah he should die in 3 seconds.

The point being that especially via the Predators, we have a sort of canon that limited numbers of powerful/lucky humans are aware of the existence of aliens, and generally keep it to themselves (since to come into contact with them is to significantly shorten your life expectancy). The greedy/ambitious humans (WY) seek in various ways to understand/conquer them.

I feel that your WY/ICC distinction is superfluous. It certainly is for an audience. As far as any of us are concerned, these people are "the suits, the bureaucracy, the enemy." They clearly also have an economic interest in the ship which makes them out to be be WY suits, and not this other entity as you say. I would argue that whatever the background, it is irrelevant to that plot, and even generally.

-----NEW TOPIC IN THIS POST: BISHOP PLACED THE EGGS ON THE SULACO?!--- No, this is dumb for multiple reasons.

First is the general intent and portrayal of the Bishop character. His character arc.

First, we get Ash. We immediately understand that Androids are cold Bad Guys and suspect Company Shills. this is the setup of the original, and Cameron actually does something interesting here that he later repeats more famously in T2.

In each sequel, we learn that the robot that we are supposed to distrust as a villian in fact turns out to be a good guy, thwarting expectations. Bishop, being Lance Henrikssen, is naturally creepy, and his fawning over the facehugger specimens ups this game a little bit. However when it's all said and done we realize that the Bishop character really is a good droid, and never had ill intent. This is furthered slightly in Bishop's brief Alien^3 appearance where he provides just a last little bit of help to Ripley, and is even "humanized" just that bit more in his wish for death (I"m all fucked up, just kill me).

Second is that nothing in the course of any of the movies gives reason to believe that Bishop was a plant like Ash was, once we're done watching.

Well, it's literally set in a prison. What did you expect?

He held it for a good 10, nigga, and that's besides the point.

Cameron is admittedly a great craftsman, but his movies are ultimately vacuous. Out of Scott, Cameron, and Fincher, Fincher is easily the most interesting director

I also concede that Alien3 is a big mess, but that's the thing with auteurs. Even their failures are interesting. I can still see Bergman in the theater scenes which don't really work in Glass Darkly, Woody Allen in failed attempts like Deconstructing Harry, etc. And I can still see Fincher in Alien 3 and how it relates to the broader corpus of his work.

Many of Fincher's characters are unlikable. The narrator is a violent psychopath who inspires a cult in Fight Club. Marla preys on the sympathy of support groups. Zuckerberg is an unlikable asshole in Social Network. The twins didn't really contribute much and have a frivolous lawsuit. The Napster guy is a slimeball and does cocaine with teenagers. Robert Graysmith in Zodiac is a terrible spouse. Paul Avery is a drunk who would impede justice for five minutes of fame. And well, Zodiac is well, the Zodiac. In Gone Girl, Nick Dunne is unfaithful, Amy is a psychopath, and Desi is a controlling stalker.

Just because characters are unlikable or bad people doesn't make their stories not worth telling or mean they have no redeeming qualities

>what are hard coded protocols
Bishop probably wasn't even aware of it.

I'd say so.

The final scene when the corporation's commandos show up makes it all worthwhile. It perfectly captures the grimdark feel of the Alien movie setting.

Those guys were fucking menacing.

I agree. It's a very adult movie that hits hard. The super happy ending of Aliens kinda shits on the entire premise of Alien. Ripley losing everything and sacrificing her life establishes how dangerous the threat is.

No it doesn't It's no more happy than the ending of Alien. Most characters die, some survive and that's it.
Watching most of them die immediately in Alien 3 doesn't seem like return to basics or a reminder that the story is supposed to be grim. It seems like a troubled production and that's it. The aliens in the colony were destroyed so producing another egg out of thin air seems like a wasted effort. Might've as well kill everyone at the end of Aliens or have Sulaco collide with something.

Now we know what's coming and I bet that next movie will finally destroyed that retarded argument that the ending of Aliens is candy sweet and all. Because any sequel to Aliens automatically means that there was no happy end.

He took it on because it was staring him in the face and they knew both of them weren't going to make it up the ladder in time. He may have claimed in his last few seconds he was giving Ripley a chance but it was all a complete accident and probably just a good opportunity for him to die already and get off that rock once and for all. This all comes after everything else he did to get everyone else to believe his bullshit and convince everyone else to sit on their asses and accept their fate rather than working towards a solution. He didn't really "save" her anyway. Dillon sucked from top to bottom.

Your opinion is not fact.

I would call it Cube but with better actors.
That's a compliment.

There is no such thing as a Director's Cut of Alien^3, because Fincher disowned the film, and consequently that is the very reason why we use the goofy phrase of "Assembly Cut" in reference to the better cut of the movie.

It went down something like this. Years later, some suit or person associated with the actual making of the film (a cameraman, a producer, someone who actually knew the movie firsthand) approached Fincher about cutting together an alternate version for the fans, to round out the DVDs, the box set, whatever it was at the time. Fincher replied along these lines: We're on friendly terms, you can do what you want, it doesn't matter to me, I don't care. Do as you please. Only don't call it a Director's Cut, because it isn't one. That movie is dead to me. And if you do call it a Directors' Cut, maybe I bring some action."

This is all one step shy of Alan Smithee.

And there's no director's cut of Alien. Unless you call it the theatrical cut. The other cut is just the Special Edition made by Fox.

fair from an SF theoretical standpoint but ultimately incorrect and irrelevant in this case.

In order for it to have any relevance we would have to see it enacted on the screen or implied in any way whatever. We didn't, and so it didn't happen, from a primary canon point of view anyway. Rather, Cameron's obvious intent was to set up the bot as a villain and later vindicate it, and the fact that this trope was more explicitly repeated in T2 butresses the idea-trope.

You still bring up an interesting SF/story concept of overrides, mind-control, etc. I seem to remember some old Futurama episode where Bender's "revolt" module is utilized/overridden by Mom or somesuch.

You are very wrong, and here is the difference.

The difference from Scott's situatoin from that of Fincher is that Scott was both initially proud of his film, and much later approached by somesuch similar suits in connection with the quadrilogy/modern DVD releases/etc, and ultimately both /personally/ delivered an alternate cut of the film, /blessed/ it, and /consented/ that it should be called a "Director's Cut". Fox has the right to call it such as is clear by having any modern release of the film. This is very clear insofar as both a DVD and a Blu-Ray copy of the so-called DC are always prefaced by a minute of Scott setting up the changes over time,
"oh gee why don't we try an alternate cut now", and politely introducing the newer cut, styled as the DC in this case.

Now, there's more to this as I'm sure you know. Just hang on a moment.

You are correct in implying that Scott's preferred (and what really is the better) version of the film is the 1979 Theatrical. Scott has reinforced same in interviews, and so to that extent the Theatrical is (and should be) in /spirit/ the "director's cut", if we take the phrase of director's cut in its modern sense to mean: the fullest and best expression of the artist's vision.

But the thing is that Scott still went through with and consented to the above process, resulting in a slightly inferior cut called the DC. Thus in two different senses, we may legitimately call either cut the "Director's Cut", depending on what we really mean by that phrase in the moment.

Thus there are two "director's cuts" of Alien, while there are no director's cuts of Alien^3. That is the fundamental difference in the history of both films.

And let's not even get started about the various cuts of Blade Runner.

u wot m8

that girl is clearly older than newt in aliens, are you retarded?

Sorry I thought it was Carrie. Looks just like her.

Everyone associated with any of the aliens is ultimately dead, soon enough. Morse's backstory is quite quiet and ignoble - he lived out the rest of his days in solitary or somesuch, managing to pen "Star Beast", a suppressed account of his experience, whose title is a a play on teh original working title for the alien screenplay.

Surviving doens't really mean much. Great, you're a cat that lives on a space station or whatever the fuck for a few more years. Or you're a prisoner. Big whoop.

These "characters" have nothing to look forward to, and their chance survivals are historical curiosities. And that's slightly on purpose.

> Newt's family was on slow ATV to check out the ship
> Blast radius size of Kansas

Nah

nah

Nebraska. It probably caught some of it but it's extremely unlikely that the whole ship got anihilated. Including the egg chambers. Something probably survived and one concept art of Alien "5" shows that.

Alien 3 I guess takes it as a fact that nothing survived.

Hicks deliberately shot at Hudson when they were dragging him away (confirmed in novelisation). That we couldn't hear Hudson whining like a little bitch in the background of the Burke-Ripley scene means he probably hit and spared Hudson the horror.

The flying craft are dropships, the APCs are the airplane tugs. APC stands for armored personnel carrier, that implies the wheeled vehicle and not the flying aircraft/shuttle/fighter.

I'd rather have nothing than 3. Well, at least we got Resurrection (which I'm sure you faggots dislike).

A proper Alien 3 set on earth like in the comics/books would have been awesome. A mashup of Blade Runner earth, an apocalyptic cult, and classic Aliens action would have been a godsend. But no, they wanted Ripley and didn't want to spend much money and so we get prison monks on bumfuck prison planet. As a movie it's not that bad but as an Alien movie it just disappoints.

Also, we could have had a hot version of Newt, and more badass Hicks. Contrarians need not apply.

Well, you get what you're contracted for like everybody else

Not canon though, iirc. Kit was removed for a reason.

>hating on my man Cameron

Not the other user, but he was correct in that Cameron expanded upon the series in a good way, like a sequel should. It's the T2 to Alien's T1, and if you think call backs are shot then you might as well say Arnold's lines are shit in T2 (which is blasphemy). Alien 3 not only failed to up the ante (which of we were going by the last 2 movies, should have been the xenos overtaking earth) it also failed to be as compelling as Alien (which was what they were trying to go for). It wouldn't make much sense to go from The Fellowship of the Ring to Twin Towers to a shit version of the Fellowship again, would it? So why is it okay for Alien 3 to be a retread that adds nothing new or significant? Why do contrarians shit on Aliens (abd sometimes T2)? I blame plebbitor-derived posters who cut their teeth on that shithole site and still have remnants of loyalty.

The android subplot was suggested by producers as a subplot cause they felt the main plot was kinda lacking. It helped it so they went with it.

Anyways, In Alien they are willing to recover the xeno at any cost, even having their android kill the crew. People are expendable when billions are at stake. This is a corporation though and profit matters, so they assume that the Nostromo was a failure and maybe put it on the backburner. Why focus on that when you may not even get shit out of it, and you can continue making easy money? This is where we get to Aliens. WY have mostly forgotten about it but Burke sees a new chance to obtain the xeno, he portrays a young executive trying to make his name (and a percentage of the back end probably) and so he chooses to risk going after Ripley's supposed xeno. The other executives seem older and again, easy profits over risking shit is favorable when you're set in.

There is decades between Alien-Aliens and we can believe that it should be possible the executives thought it a myth. After Aliens they probably got messages from the Sulaco confirming the xeno. If they went to the colony but came back with only a couple survivors it confirms the existence of the xenos, which would prompt the company to start seeing dollar signs and rushing to see if Burke was successful. Further queries to the Sulaco (relatively little damage was done by the queen) would show where it was going and who was on board, making them send a Bishop lookalike. And the time frame between 2 and 3 can't have been more than a couple months.

Alien 3 was an incredible movie, truly terrifying and morbid as fuck. I am amazed that so many people didn't like it...

Alien: Resurrection however, was the biggest piece of shit movie ever. They fucking brutalized all the hard work and brilliance of the first three.

Get out of this thread then, you wilfully ignorant pleb.

We didn't always have such powerful CGI available. Get over it, millennial babby.

>Hating on my man Cameron

Isn't there at least some part of you that think's Cameron is kind of a hack?

>Dances With Wolves in Space
>Celine Dion writing the theme of your movie
>Titanic in general
>This fucking atrocity:
youtube.com/watch?v=PU-ulzbY4us

and so on

Ripley was getting impatient with first elevator, and pushed the button for the second, too. I just watched Aliens at my local kinoplex yesterday.

The Queen's eggsac was torn off completely, and she's not carrying any eggs when she exits elevator.

All Aliens 3 needed to do to continue the story was to go back to LV-426. The derelict spacecraft was nowhere near Hadley's Hope, and it had thousands of eggs in it.

Would it have been better if they showed the egg at the end of two, instead of the start of three?

kill yourself

Thats the gayest and dumbest shit

The point of these films is that it's a tragedy it's not supposed to be a fucking disney movie with a happy ending this is the reality of a species like this it destroys everything including you

is this the first time theyve ever showed pretteen nipples on a movie, because im rock hard right now

i jest i jest it absolutely disgusting i feel sick, but i think a comment from one of the prisoners like "wheres her corpse im gonna fuck some life into her would have really made the film a lot more darker and interesting"