Stargate Thread

I'm on episode 10, loving this show so much. Where should I stop? Hoping not soon, since there's about 200 episodes left on SG1, then there's Atlantis, Universe, and Infinity from what I hear.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SlcYIKYrjJM
youtube.com/watch?v=J0nwauJbi5Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VPeqm4TzGsk
youtube.com/watch?v=X4r_I8sqi6g
youtube.com/watch?v=OGmB6jnhyzk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sg1 is super great until s8. s9 & 10 start out a little bit weaker and do their own thing storywise, but are still very enjoyable.
sga is great throughout the whole thing.
universe tried to be battlestar galactica which pissed many fans off, is still a highquality scifi show though (the heavyhanded drama put aside).

have fun!

pls respond

Also the episode I'm on, Torment on Tantalus, is giving me intense feels. The woman who spent her whole life working on the Stargate finally gets to go through, and finds the man she thought died decades ago.

>dub dub level checked

Never stop. Some say season 8-9-10 isn't good, but that's not true, it has many epic episodes too. There is somewhere a list how you sould watch season 8 and SGA at the same time though, because they're somewhat connected.

Don't stop, watch it all. Start watching Atlantis alongside sg1 during season 8 as there is some overlap.
Enjoy it, I wish I could unwatch and start again.

Stop at Stargate Universe

GOOLD?

>universe tried to be battlestar galactica which pissed many fans off, is still a highquality scifi show though (the heavyhanded drama put aside).
Not just BSG. The fucking pregnancy thing. The cheating thing. The stupid love triangles.

None of that shit belongs in a scifi series. Not even BSG had that kind of shit when drama was part of it's formula.

wtf i love conan

youtube.com/watch?v=SlcYIKYrjJM

This. The sci-fi aspect was great. They just overloaded with so much of this crap that is was unbearable. Dump the stupid half the characters and drop the drama and it would've been fine. Maybe drop the body swapping too, that was both unnecessary and caused even more problems.

You should stop when you've watched all of SG1, Atlantis, Universe and both Ark of Truth and Continuum.

As well as the original film.

Be sure to stick around for the upcoming Stargate cinematic universe.

S9 and 10 are like different shows - half the cast has changed!

Not saying it's bad - Ben Browder and Claudia Black are great together and the roles work out well enough.

Fuck that. You should watch the first film because despite the inconsistencies it sets up the later series.

Emmerich is a fucking hack though.

Or just skip it and watch Farscape.

they took the not so bad parts from the farscape

Everyone wanted more Farscape anyway but the studio had to decide - end SG1 at S8 or give Farscape a S5, they chose SG1, in the end they did make Peasekeeper wars as an S5 replacement.

Works out for me, i love both shows.

Btw, wasnt there some speculation about a Farscape reboot?

UNSCHEDULED OFFWORLD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

spoilers bro.

posting for hot tok'ra tits

>or give Farscape a S5

Watching Bowder's character slowly go insane over the course of four seasons is worth all the wtf moments in Farscape. A reboot wouldn't do it justice.

based stubby head bald man

I think the body swapping could have been done much better, but I like the idea of it. They just sucked at making it interesting.

I think sg1 and atlantis both had body swapping with an ancient device or otherwise and had better results with the idea. But I don't remember the episodes very well.

youtube.com/watch?v=J0nwauJbi5Q

Somebody said she got offered the role of Xena Warrior Princess and turned it down.

SG1's and SGA's premise also wasn't being isolated on an ancient ship billions of light years from home.

Fuck SGU.

SGU only used to create more of the drama that it had too much of already.

I wish I could forget this show so I could enjoy it for the first time all over again.

>being isolated on an ancient ship billions of light years from home.

I thought the premise got really, really interesting during s2. I would've loved to learn more about destiny's mission.

>meanwhile

all these years i didn't knew where the hell did the regular technician guy go. thought this guy is the other shift or something

SAY MY NAME

>Where should I stop?
The last episode of season 10
>then there's Atlantis
It's shit
>Universe
It doesn't even feel like Stargate but some people liked it.

Loved the last episode. Based Teal'c

>drama that it had too much of already

When I think of SGU, the first thing that comes to mind is that episode where Lt Dickschlong, Fatty McSandwhich and TooBoringToRemember get stranded on a planet while Destiny jumps away to the next galaxy.

Then the next episode starts and they just stroll in through the gate like "I got 99 problems but an arc ain't one".

Ignore this, SGU gets really good in season 2.

Watch all of it, but be warned that Universe is a different style which you might not like.

Weir's voice is pure kino.
Especially in Dark Matter.

Why is she wearing a lightbulb necklace?

May it be a light for her in dark places, when all other lights go out.

So it's a metaphor for anal?

I agree with this user, trying to stay spoiler free - at one point in the show two of the characters get sooooo good/knowledgable/powerfull with the alien tech that they are called upon as the ultimate solution to every problem and the show gets really boring from a conflict point of view

I think the show falls off around the time the Ori show up. having said all that the show is still great and the last episode is one of the greatest episodes I have ever seen in any TV show.

sorry if you feel like any of that was spoilers but I don't really think it was

cannot unsee

Fellow Weir voice connoisseur, you should check out the SGA audiobook she read if you haven't gotten to it already.

Can ya get her to voice some vidya for me instead?

sg1 canonicaly ends with season 8, with the fishing scene. Ye a fishing scene is the end of stargate. Anyway, atlantis is good, not sg1 good but still watchable.

just when you think you've seen all the pepes.

>people recommending people not watch seasons 8+
>telling people not to watch episode 200
You don't get to call yourselves Stargate fans.

Outta my way, you Wraith fucking shits.

Wait what the fuck? That is not how you hold a gun

I finished SG-1 a few weeks ago and almost done with Atlantis. Fucking Amazon Prime pulled Universe from their streaming without warning and Atlantis is gone on Nov. 1

Still, fantastic tv sci-fi.

Stargate Universe is my favorite show of all time.

SG fags don't like it because they jettisoned the cheese and the quips from SG1 and Atlantis. But on its own as a pure Sci fi show its among the best ever.

SGU also has the greatest fx and production values of any Sci fi show ever
...period.

Damn... That's some bad taste.

I almost circled Linea too :^)

>Stargate Universe is my favorite show of all time.

>that Farscape parody

They should had Baal or someone dressed as Scorpius.

I always felt that the lucien alliance plot from universe and the ori plot from sg-1 should have been switched.

Those illustrations are god tier, they perfectly capture their characters in a glance.

Not even baiting.

I've watched the entire SGU series in order multiple times.

Sure SGU took a lot of cues from BSG like having deeply flawed heroes, in fact SGU probably had the most deeply flawed Captain of any show ever.

But unlike BSG, SGU got better as the show went on and didn't completely fly off the rails like BSG did.

Plus the open ended ending of the series was great because I think we can now all agree that closed endings like the ones that shows like Breaking Bad and BSG had pretry much sucked.

fuck off. browder, bridges and black ruined the show. They're some of the worst characters in all 3 of the series.

The only reason the last two seasons are watchable at all is because Ba'al is based as fuck.

>being clinically retarded

SGU is a fucking abomination.

Calm down fanboy. No need to get angsty here.

t. Ba'al

Don't watch anything from the introduction of Valla.

>le strong independent quirky womyn mary sue

fucking retarded character

>angsty
Well, I wouldn't expect a clinical retard to understand human emotion.

....cont. Also the visual fx in SGU completely blows anything from BSG, SGU or SGA out of the water by a wide margin.

SGU also killed off major characters before it was cool to do so.

SGU was a true Sci fi show when everyone wanted more cheese and quips like the other shows and the die hards got mad and completely memed the show out of existence by perpetuating the lie (meme) that SGU sucked, when in reality it's one of the best pure science fiction shows ever.

Who is your favorite Goa'uld?

That 2 parter in season 7 is top tier imo.

Ba'als

Nice meme.

You don't stop. You enjoy the comfy as fuck Science Fiction Ride all the way to the end, then you repeat, forever.

Sure, season 9 of SG1 is weak, but 10 goes back to being solid.

Atlantis is 5 Seasons of pure happyness with the best characters and the best bad guys.

Universe is a little differnt method, but its still good. I was so disapointed when it was cancelled, I liked the new approach.

And the movies, ya, watch those too...

>You don't stop. You enjoy the comfy as fuck Science Fiction Ride all the way to the end, then you repeat, forever.
My jaffa

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VPeqm4TzGsk

Has anyone here ever met any of the cast?

I met Chris Judge and Amanda Tapping at several cons here, they're really awesome and very personable.

I missed out on meeting Richard Dean Anderson though ;_;

I was wondering, but I don't really remember.

Back then O'Neill and Daniel, the actual actors, always had a disagreement, or didn't really get along outside the series. Was this noticeable in the episodes?

a bit of it shit when jonas comes around, then glorious daniel jackson returns and becomes the lord of baddassery

They (the characters) butted heads all the time.

>Back then O'Neill and Daniel, the actual actors, always had a disagreement
source?

always heard shanks was a diva

Richard Dean Anderson is an old fart now. :(

No way, they were bros for sure

youtube.com/watch?v=X4r_I8sqi6g

Just enjoying retirement. Can't blame him.

youtube.com/watch?v=OGmB6jnhyzk

best stargatefus

I like sam alot, but she's almost asexual to me.

No but Shanks wanted to do theatre after like 6 seasons.

oh alright, I passed it off as rumors, although it was roughly around when Daniel left the show for a bit.

But cool vid, didn't even know there was a stargate expo.

Isn't he doing some doctor show bullshit now?

>Daniel Jackson MD

>lya

my nigga

Just watch all of it, though I do not know what Infinity is.

Humanity ships sure got OP as fuck after getting that Asgard tech.

The Daedalus is my favorite stargate ship along with the human fighters

he is O'Neill

the way purple crazy haired invisible city girl said "mastery of the mind" gave me a decade-long boner

Who's that fucking semen demon of a cow tits grill 5 over 3 down?

Based ba'al

Dr. frasier a cute. I like torri higgins but i think blonde weir was better

Best ship. Hermiod, caldwell and novak top crew

I am your god.