What's your favorite horror movie?

What's your favorite horror movie?

The descent

Alien

Alien

Suspiria

The best horrors are non-horrors like Eraserhead, Eyes Wide Shut etc.

>Suspiria

hell yes

bump

Alien

The Thing
28 Days Later

Alien

The Thing

blood and black lace

I gotta go with Evil Dead

I'm honestly not sure why so many people like this movie. Maybe I saw it too late, but the creatures and the fast-forwarding effect to make them look agile completely killed it for me, it didn't look realistic at all. There was a good sense of claustrophobia, but that's about it. The characters were flat and atonal and their interactions were completely predictable.

So is it just a meme? And maybe that's what I'm missing. If I had seen it when it came out, maybe I would "get" the meme more and be able to appreciate it.

damn, this looks good.

House
Pretty great to screen with a group of plebs.

Braindead

I don't really have a favourite one. I have some that I liked. Other than the obvious ones like Alien and other classics, I really liked "Below" with the submarine. There was also one fucked up, I don't remember the name but it was about teenagers on a beach and pretty weird stuff was going on. It wasn't a slasher or gore related, just mind boogling things.

really dug Oculus

The Thing

I've had this downloaded, not sure if I want to watch it. Also have Shura and Kwaidan.

Considering downloading Gozu, Rubber's Lover or The Cure too.

Hard to pick just one. I can narrow it to around 5 titles.

1. Killer Klowns from Outer Space : The perfect horror comedy movie, even more than the Evil Dead.

2. The Thing : My pick for best science fiction horror, ahead of The Fly, Alien or Event Horizon.

3. From Beyond : The best Lovecraftian horror film, though Mouth of Madness is very close.

4. Night of the Living Dead : Of the "monster" horrors, I think zombies work better than werewolves, vampires or mummies, and of them all, I think this is the best.

5. Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker : Hellraiser is the best Horror-gore and Hellseeker is the best, most underappreciated film in the series.

Honorable Mention: Nightmare on Elm Street III : The movie that gave me nightmares as a child.

Oh and The Sinners of hell.

There's another yakuza horror movie I had bookmarked but can't seem to find it, it was

ah found it, it's called "Lost Things"

I AM THE VIDEO WORD MADE FLESH

The Thing

Misery

Muh nignog