Why does everyone flip the fuck out at the suggestion that MAYBE there could be more people of color on Stranger Things...

Why does everyone flip the fuck out at the suggestion that MAYBE there could be more people of color on Stranger Things? It wouldn't change the plot in any way, and it would give kids of all races an opportunity to see themselves represented. What is honestly the big deal?

Or you can always make your own series and see how that works out.

Tired of hearing niggers complain.

I mean it would be one thing if they weren't a useless blight on humanity, but they are.

I don't understand why you should shoehorn in a black character for no real reason other than diversity.

> it would give kids of all races an opportunity to see themselves represented

There's some serious illegitimate entitlement going on here
With segregation being an issue swept under the rug and integration issues steadily rising you STILL expect people to bend over and follow the melting-pot meme?

Your beloved POC's can make their own damn entertainment or shush and enjoy what the majority provides them, as was never a problem.

How have they done that? Shoehorning a character would be adding a narratively useless character who served no purpose. If they had taken Stranger Things exactly as it was and inserted a Chinese kid into the D&D party and had him sit around doing nothing, that would be shoehorning. Casting a black/latino/asian actor in a role where their ethnicity is irrelevant anyway is not shoehorning.

Having any colored people JUST to have colored people is not a good idea.
If there was a better actor that fit the character better, why shouldn't he get the job and deliver quality over some token colored kid that is just there to be there?

You're telling me you honestly think Finn fucking Wolfhard was the best actor they could possibly find?

You miss understand. I don't mind having a black character in a show. I mind having a black character exist for no other reason than just to be black.

I will fucking cut you.

There already was one nigger out of four kids. That's more than plenty. What are you talking about?

This is bait.

Given the setting and time period doesn't it make sense to be mostly white? I don't really care either way way you could throw a bunch of chinese in there

if they had any respect for diversity, theyd have one white kid, one asian kid, one black kid, and one latino kid. and have a gay older couple somewhere in the mix, as one of the kids adoptive parents. and maybe a teacher who is trans. that would cover all the bases.

It's not a problem if that's just what someone likes and they're just suggesting it. It is problem when people act like it's racist to not have the most diverse cast possible.

only if i get more white people in episodes of the steve harvey show, COPS, and professional sports

But that's not a problem because white people aren't oppressed.

Let's just let the people who made a great fucking show CONTINUE to make a great fucking show. They don't need any of your feedback. Shut your hole.

>Why does everyone flip the fuck out at the suggestion that MAYBE there could be more people of color on Stranger Things?

Lmao you've got it the wrong way moron. Two white actors were announced and hundreds of twitter girls started crying and being racist against the new cast members.
And there has been whining since season one when the show dared put more than one cis white male in a show that takes place in a small Indiana town in the 80's.

i can see why you would think that, but i dont think this is a valid argument because due to the fact that in this show there is a girl with telekinesis, a monster from another dimension, and many other fantastic elements, all adherence to reality is thrown out the window. we cant say , "this show is fantasy/scifi, so it doesnt have to be realistic!" and then turn around and say "this show needs to be realistic and not have blacks because its a predominantly white town!" I mean you cant have it both ways.

why do people immigrate to white countries if they're so oppressive

I haven't seen this garbage pile of a show, but people are tired of seeing propaganda in the form of forced diversity.

If it's so important for "minority kids to see people that look like them in TV," then minorities can make their own shows. Also, why is their race such a big deal? Why can't they empathize with the characters the show runners chose in the first place?

because it's a racist suggestion. If you think the only reason a character should be on there is because they're a certain race, that's literal racism.

And you've just lost any "credibility" you had. Double standards, hypocrisy, etc. You people are unbelievable.

Why don't you just go back to whatever third world shithole your sorry ancestors lived in, and try to make TV shows there? You've fucked up N America and Europe way more than any brainless simpleton who facilitated your immigration in the past could ever have imagined.

>Why does everyone flip the fuck out at the suggestion that MAYBE there could be more people of color on Stranger Things?
Nice straw man. No one is upset that non-white people might be on their televisions. The problem is that every single show that isn't primarily non-white gets attacked, and the showrunners are forced to shoehorn in a bunch of extra actors to fill an arbitrary quota. No one ever complained there weren't enough Asians on The Cosby Show. Then again, you're well aware of this reality and you're purposefully pretending otherwise because you know white people have been trained to be deathly afraid of any accusation of racism.
>gibs me dat

If you want more people of color represented OP, then by all means go out and produce more shows like Atlanta. Nothing is stopping you. Also, you don't hear white people crying about "not enough white people in Atlanta" now do you?

Go make new IPs with PoC in them. Stop being such a lazy whiner.

no race is oppressed in America. To imply otherwise is completely disingenuous.

Relax faggots. It's just a meme.

i know lad but i wish some cuck would have tried answering that question

or actually i don't, i'm quite tired of having to watch their posts in the endless arguments they make with pollacks here

Explain to me why people need to be "represented".

Because living in a country that affords you less opportunity is still preferable to living in a country where you and your family can be beheaded by lunatic fanatics and or druglords.

So then why the fuck do you shitskins need to be so goddamn uppity?

Why does SJWs flip the fuck out at the suggestion that MAYBE nobody gives a shit that there aren't more people of color on Stranger Things? It wouldn't change the plot in any way, and nobody gives a shit about people seeing themselves represented because it is stupid TV series. What is honestly the big deal?

First, I'm white. I was just answering the question. I honestly don't care about TV demographics, but to answer your question again, just because things are worse elsewhere in the world, why should that mean things can't get better here?

Let's say your house has termites, and your neighbor is on fire. Does that mean you shouldn't take care of the termites because at least your house isn't on fire?

this

and this

and this

and this too

Blacks account for 13% of the population and even less in most neighborhoods. What % would be acceptable to you, OP?

It's the fucking 80's, man. Ain't many niggers/chinks/spics/arabs/etc in E.T.

Who said anything about blacks? They already have a black character.

Nobody said anything about blacks but naturally this guy assumed so because diversity is code for black people.

OP said "people of color" and "kids of all races." You thought "blacks" because racists tend not to be thinking types.

because in the 1980s we didn't have mulitcultural bullshit like we do nowadays

>who said anything about blacks?
>HOW COULD YOU ASSUME SUCH A THING??