Holy shit, has anyone else been watching this horror kino...

Holy shit, has anyone else been watching this horror kino? How the fuck did a show of this magnitude come out of the SyFy channel of all things. I'm in absolute fucking shock at how well done all of the scares are done. I cant recall a single jump scare. It never uses obnoxious overbearing score, it just lets all the scares play out in a really surreal nightmarish way, as horror kino should.

Really really hope they don't drop the ball with the following four episodes.

First ep was pretty good

I have an insatiable urge to lick and press my body against that tooth monster.

Am I the only one?

I know that urge. Just wanna caress his body for hours on end.

Channel Zero
The Expanse
Dark Matter
12 Monkeys
Z Nation

Is this golden era of syfy?

Evening, Max.

Opposite here, I think it's disgusting and I wish I'd never seen it. I have an intense urge to destroy it.

>golden age
>after they released The magicians

""""""""""no""""""""

same

first episode was pretty solid, nothing too great though.

also: the "creepypasta xD" that it's based on was always SHIT.

Calm down poe

>poopypasta

It's average I suppose

The acting could be a bit better

I do too now

So far so good. First ep was good. Second ep had a bit more flaws, but we will see how it rounds out once it is over.

Also, that damn tooth monster, can you imagine shooting it with a shotgun and having bits of teeth ricochet back at you

it's watchable but you can really tell it's based on creepypasta

it made me wonder what year it will be when they start writing haunted dvd stories. haunted torrents?

oh and I will say it's nice to finally see a story where someone actually believes the main character instead of everyone thinking he's crazy, even when the evidence should be blatantly obvious to supporting characters.

>(((syfy)))

Take it easy, shill.
I doubt you're getting paid that well.

They should adapt Pen Pals. And that one about the new guy on the town and fhe factory.

Shit acting.
Main character a shit.

Show gives me a weird "goosebumps for adults" vibe, and not the good kind.

>How the fuck did a show of this magnitude come out of the SyFy channel of all things.

The SyFy channel is good now, retard.

Watch The Expanse and The Magicians.

Don't fall for the Dark Matter meme though.

Sell me on The Magicians, never even heard about it

It's basically Harry Potter for adults, you kind of have to be a huge dork to get into it. I can see why some might not like it since it's not science fiction at all, but I like the twisted C. S. Lewis vibe it has.

you're a terrible salesman

I'm not trying to sell anything. I could give a fuck if you watch it.

simmer down goober I didn't ask for the rec

I'll fucking gut you

Don't bully me.

Shill detected and caught. The show is almost unwatchable. Stop the spread of disinformation.

i tried to watch it, i kept falling asleep. that chick from the strain is hot as fuck though. they say the next season is gonna be The Neverending House. i'm hoping that will be good, instead of this shitty puppet show.

>also: the "creepypasta xD" that it's based on was always SHIT.
>it's watchable but you can really tell it's based on creepypasta
The point of Candle Cove was that the creep factor was the reader reminiscing over some of the questionable programming that had been aired during their youth, compound with wondering, until the reveal, whether adults would intentionally seek to instill great discomfort/traumatize a child viewership as Candle Cover's descent into insanity would have done.
It was a creepy pasta that revolved around restraint. Not cheap horror like "OMGAWD THIS STORY IS CREEPY BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE EATING THEIR OWN EYES" or "EL OH EL ALIEN WEASEL WENT UP THE GUY'S ASS".

How Syfy approaches restraint? Children being murdered. Children corpses hanging from trees. Teeth monster that eats teeth.

Also, second episode's writing though.
I can't tell if the television writer was trying to channel "Hurr, dis is how pepul on innanet writing goods!" or if they're just shit.
>What child drew this?
>the whole "smiling is showing your skeleton" scene between random ass female cop and B&E victim
Wasn't that a Palahniuk stream of consciousness shtick?
>scene between main character trying to confess to his other

Anyone who gives Syfy a pass is literally just suffering from beaten wife syndrome.

last i heard pen pals was getting a movie

Child actors ruin every scene they're in holy fuck

not all of them