It's the best piece of media released in the current year

It's the best piece of media released in the current year.

Nope

Still pretty good though

Show wasn't good to begin with.

It's for depressed middle-aged stay-at-home moms that are seeking a form of escapism which suits their sparse off hours from a part-time job which is required for them to keep them and their children afloat in their middle-class neighborhood.

agree

to me all it lacked was enough real action scenes. They just added the red ranger to the cast for S2 so I'm hoping they'll utilize his fighting abilities. They don't need his whole power level, just about 2-3000 of it. Its a kid's show after all.

this forced meme is already stale

Correct

>Its a kid's show after all.
Definitely not, had sex scenes and stuff. Probably around the PG-13 range if it were on tv. I hope there is better action next season, though, and better villains. Don't know how I feel about them implying that Dr. Brenner might still be alive, he wasn't that interesting.

hello

I thought the production of this show was really good, but eventually I didn't really see any reason to keep watching. None of the characters seemed original or interesting, and I pretty much knew exactly what was going to happen.

What episode did you drop off? Rewatching it, the earlier episodes definitely lacks a voice of its own, but I'd say it picks up in the latter half.

1. Ok there was some scenes that were probably considered 'suspenseful' so they might up the rating, and the dead bar and slugs might up it too, but that sex scene was not even as graphic or visual as some disney shows.

2. Legit loved doc brenner. Granted I've always loved the bad guys, but I sincerely want him to come back. Here's how I want him written.

El manages to befriend the demogorgon and escape back into the real world after it opened a portal for her.. We then see brenner recovering and is not in a good mood so he releases his other children to bring back 11. After a season of the kids fighting with el and defeating all of her 'siblings' we finally get to a confrontation with doctor brenner whereupon we are shown that he's not just the president, he's also a client. The original client. He has sheev level powers and only when the demogorgon shows up out of the blue to help el one last time, can both he and el manage to kill brenner. Tell me that wouldn't be bad ass.

Well, I actually did watch the whole series. My family was more into it than I was so I stuck with it for them

I definitely get why people like it though. I was never into Stephen King or Stephen Spielberg so this show probably wasn't "for me" to begin with.

If I wanted to watch the Goonies, I'd just watch the Goonies.

>graphic or visual as some disney shows
I don't think there's ever been a Disney show with anything more heated than kissing on the lips briefly. It's an American show, pretty much all sex scenes are limited to PG-13 stuff, it was pretty tame though.
With Brenner I guess I just didn't feel like he was a very deep character, he felt more like a plot device than someone with actual substance. Your idea adds more to him I think, he needs something like that.

That's stupid

I wish this show was an anthology. Makes way more sense that way. Now we have to watch these developed characters go through the motions all over again. Fuck, man

I don't know, they apparently have a sizeable document about where they want the show to go. There could be some story left after all.

No.
Good though.

I suppose you're right about the disney bit. But even still, I just watched the whole series thinking I had seen worse on after school specials. But fine, I'll go with pg-13 like you said.

Thanks for liking my brenner development. Since the duffers admitted they took a lot of the themes form anime like akira and elfen lied, I imagined brenner would be like an anime villian with lots of powerful minions that the good guys have to defeat before finally facing the boss. And it helps if we learn that somehow he knew of the demogorgon and gurt it. Maybe during his early days exploring the upside down.

ok, I like anthologies too, but honestly, with the story they setup in s1, how could another story really every remotely relate? It would become like x-files, the anthology series where every season was some new random monster or thing that somehow were all connected but unrelated.

I don't doubt the Duffer brothers when they say they had two seasons written, but I think it's also pretty evident that they wrapped it all up in a satisfying enough way just in case. I'm honestly happy with the story as is. To me it almost feels like the slug and waffle bits were tacked on at the end. Again, not questioning them, but I would honestly like to see a new story with the same creative team.

>Maybe during his early days exploring the upside down.
I don't think they knew of the Demogorgon or the Upside Down until Eleven encountered it in her isolation tank. When the monster sounds come out over the intercom, they're surprised and don't know what it is. When the monster first breaks through Brenner also tells Eleven that she's about to make history and it seems like a first encounter situation. Maybe they knew about the Upside Down in theory but they definitely didn't go into it for a while.

I know they have multiple seasons planned, but I hope they don't fumble it like Heroes or something. It's got some good potential going.

>It's the most overrated piece of media released in the current year.

Fixed

ya I forgot that's how that scene went down. Ok so scratch him exploring early on. Or maybe he did and then left when he first sensed something nasty in the upside down? Thinking, as all powerful evil overlords do, that even though they're bad ass, better to get some future minion to encounter the threat and let it eat them if it proves to be really dangerous.

Either way, I still would like more of papa. He even had the evil white hir and wrinkled face of a sci-fi villian.

I thought it was pretty weak desu, just a patische of 80s movies and Earthbound.

I really don't get all the hype. The kids were good actors and it looked nice, but there wasn't much substance.

>i dont like when other people like stuff i dont like