Don't know if it's MOTY yet, but it's definitely the pleb-filter of the year

Don't know if it's MOTY yet, but it's definitely the pleb-filter of the year.

Cannot believe how many "professional" film critics are actually using the word "boring" to describe this. If you aren't basically glued to the screen for every gorgeous fucking shot of this then you really aren't the type of person who should be watching film for a living.

It's unarguably a good movie, so it's pretty pleb to call it a "pleb-filter"

>Le Amiche goes deeper than Sex in the City. (For instance, Rossi Drago laments her ghetto background). Its profundity preserves the era of Schiaparelli, Dior, and Givenchy, never resorting to horror movie vulgarity. Antonioni knew what Hollywood’s butch-styled genius designer Edith Head knew when she remarked >“Fashion is character.” But The Neon Demon cheapens fashion and femininity. Remember how Pauline Kael threw shade at Mike Nichols’ Carnal Knowledge: “It’s like a neon sign spelling out the soullessness of neon.”

>unarguably good
>55% tomatometer
>average rating 5.8/10

Yeah, really cut and dry how good it is.

>ratings define the quality of a movie
Are you homosexual?

>glued to the screen for every gorgeous fucking shot

Yeah if I wanted to watch something gorgeous I'd go to fucking Seaworld.
Boring is the word to describe this shit movie cuz nothing fucking happens.
>but muh beautifully shot scenes
Go fuck yourself, the movie is trash and the main actress can't act for shit
It all relies on the actual actors and actresses to carry the movie by making her hardly talk.
You get halfway into the movie to realize it's going at a slug pace to progress the minimal story.
All style and zero substance.
Same audience who watch a painting of an empty canvas and calls it art.
Pretentious hipsters.

It has nothing to do with the quality of the movie. It is, however, indicative of the fact that quality is subjective and that the movie clearly polarizes viewers so there's nothing "unarguable" about any claims that its a good movie. Now stop being retarded and arguing just to argue.

You can just have the win but if you think this movie was bad, then you're wrong. That said. this movie was very easy to like and I'd hardly say that someone has good taste just for liking it.

Take a movie like Jennifer's Body; universally hated. I liked it and saw it for the camp satire that it was. The fairly unknown song they chose to make a part of the story was pretty good. The dialogue was kind funny. The movie did everything right.

I find out it's written by Diablo Cody. Young Adult comes out, I watch it because she is the writer for that. It's obviously good. Her movies are lauded in terms of the appeal they were meant to have going in. Jennifer's body was meant to appeal to the fewest amount of people, and sure enough all of the plebs don't like it.

I'd say a serious viewing of Jennifer's Body could be a pleb filter.

But if you think Don't Breath was good then don't bother because you're already a confirmed pleb

lol due to no responses I guess I am right that Neon Demon fucking sucks.

>the pleb-filter of the year.
LMAO
Also fell for it.

The Fucking Nice Guys was better than this shit.
Neon Demon might have Keanu Reeves but the main guys Gosling and Crowe made the movie.
Not a cast that carries the main actress cuz she can't act for shit and has most scenes talking to her where she barely talks.

I hate vague films and I hate art films, but I liked this. This leads me to believe it's probably a lot more shallow than you're giving it credit for.

adhd

>All style and zero substance
Can you please define 'substance' ? Although your post seems like bait

Nice bias argument.
You know that means I won.

She didn't want to be sex so she became food. Not much of a pleb filter imhobbq.

Just busswords and too much free time

nowhere near as good as Drive

10/10 troll thread, good job

I don't know if he was going high brow satire or if it were that genuinely trash in conveying its [muddled] message.

Refn tried to make some satirical piece on modeling by using the plot points of a slasher but ultimately ended up making some drab piece of shit void of any emotion or momentum.

Refn's a mess of a director who thinks storyboards=movie.

Unlike OGF it actually wasn't boring, but that doesn't mean it was a great movie. It's a pleb filter in that plebs will think it's god's next gift to mankind, when really they can't see through the pretty shots to realize it's pretentious and meaningless.

I can't be the only one who thinks OGF wasn't boring at all and Neon Demon was far more so.

>Pleb-filter

If this hits anything but a very, very generous 6/10 on your scale, you're a hardcore Empire Magazine Tier pleb.

Sorry.

Then again, it's a weak year, so maybe a borderline average movie is your MOTY.

Well I think objectively Neon Demon has more plot. Just more things happen in it, and there are more characters who are actually given time. OGF had more slow scenes where not really anything was happening, and it amounted to like 2-3 story beats max. Then again, it's been a while since I saw it, I could be misremembering.

>gorgeous fucking shot
A STATIC SHOT OF a pretty girl and neon light is not fucking gorgeous. It's not interesting in the least.