Vivid portrayals of murder, cannibalism, ritualistic displays of bodies

>Vivid portrayals of murder, cannibalism, ritualistic displays of bodies
>Partially decomposed bodies
>Blood everywhere, organs spilled, vivisections

But god forbid they show an asscrack.

I have no idea how Hannibal got on the air, easily HBO levels of violence and gore.

Hannibal thread I guess, I'm on season 3 and wondering why it didn't end at season 2.

Critics loved it and it did get decent ratings.

You noticed how there was less violence and gore every episode, right?

Eh, maybe overall I suppose. But season 2 had bodies quintsected between plexiglass platters, living people having their guts ripped out, and pretty graphic murders.

Season 3 has a man's stomach cut open and thrown out the window spewing his innards everywhere, a man folded over into a heart sculpture, and Will's head being cut into with a saw... fairly par for course.

>lurid, grotesque violence
>God forbid somebody utters the word, "fuck" or derivative of, however

When did you drop the ball so fucking BADLY, America?

Is this show any good? does it have some sort of dramatic drop in quality or does it get better with each episode?

It really exemplifies that moralistic duality of sex and language being something horrible, but violence being completely ok in American society.

It's been brought up time and time again, but I can't think of a single show that goes so extremely towards the graphic violence aspect and being completely network TV safe.

>he says hours after Europe literally dropped a probe on Mars and it broke

I've been marathoning it lately. I really enjoyed season 1 and its escalation, starts off as a slow burn, tricks you into thinking it's going to be a "murder of the week" procedural crime drama with zany lab techs in tow, then drops that shit almost immediately and becomes pretty engrossing.

Season 2 changes pace and goes a bit more subtle, with everyone playing everyone else, trying to lure out Hannibal and has an extremely satisfying finale.

I'm on season 3 right now and don't know what to make of it, it's kind of all over the place and can't quite peg if I like it or not. There's a few horrible characters that are getting far too much attention.

Addendum to season 3.

>Verger is a retarded enemy
>His sister is QT
>Hannibals 'Aunt' is QT
>Lesbian sex out of nowhere from a character that previously showed no interest in girls
>Italy was a drag
>I have no idea what the payoff of this season will be, but it damn sure better make up for some of the above.

Thanks, i'll check it out

It only got away with it because no one was watching to complain.

The payoff of Season 3 is all worth it in the end. Best season.

... no it has really nothing to do with that.

The FCC regulates broadcast content based upon complaints. There are a number of organizations that do nothing but watch broadcast television and bukkake the FCC with complaints. The hanibal showrunnners worked with the FCC to determine what they could show. Every time they found something that hadn't been bitched about, the aforementioned groups bitched about it.

I keep hearing this and it's what's keeping me going. Trucking through.

DAT HOMOLUST

Chilton/Will best ship
Katz best girl

I actually like that they don't swear in the show. I don't picture any of the characters being the type to say "Oh shit hannibal that's some fucked up shit what you think?"

Maybe a victim or something but everyone on the show is very professional and too bougsie to swear

They got cancelled right at the beginning of S3 filming so they had to cram two seasons into on

Is he still an angry ww2 winter survivor who ate his sister?

NBC allowed them to get away with a lot; in terms of gore, dialogue, and pace. I don't care that some ass was censored. This show was amazing.

Er, I don't think so. It's implied that he ate his sister because he loved her, and that love was causing him to betray his predatory nature.

He is but he's much more charming, handsome and classy than in the Hopkins portrayals where he was an ugly fucker that happened to ludicrously smart. They don't really mention his past until the second season.

The show really sells the character well too instead of just making him a horror movie cliche like this guy says

>Official cookbook just got released that was put together by the person responsible for actually coming up with the recipes Mads cooked on the show

it's like 18 bux
do I buy it y/n

That's what I loved about season 1. He's truly charming and delightful, you completely buy into everyone's enamoration with him.

I did. The recipes are super expensive and hard to make but making the that sheep leg got me laid and fed me for a week

To be fair Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal was supposed to be incredibly charming and classy before he gets caught, we see a couple of minutes of it in Red Dragon

Satan, did you spend that week fucking the sheep leg and then eating it slowly?

No but it cost me 90 fucking dollars just for the leg so you can bet I fucking ate all of it because the whole endeavor ended up costing me about 130$

>$90 for a leg of lamb

That's ridiculously expensive even for high grade lamb, did you buy it from a Jewish butcher or something?

Where are you getting your meat? Did you try an ethnic market? It's usually far cheaper.

I went to the only butcher in my town and bought a 13 lb leg which is apparently heavy. I probably overpayed but I don't know anything about meats other than beef and chicken

>I have no idea how Hannibal got on the air, easily HBO levels of violence and gore.

not even the censors watch NBC

Try shopping around next time, user. $90 is very high. Usually lamb legs at the ethnic markets around here are $25-30 sometimes lower when you catch a sale. Don't go to a butcher for "exotic" meats, they'll fuck you up badly.

The first half of Season 3 is a real drop in quality and 90% filler, could have done everything that happened in it, in two or three episodes. But the last half with the red dragon is really good

I thought the opposite while watching actually. if I met someone who acted/spoke like hannibal in real life I would assume he's a bit of a tryhard freak (though probably harmless) and try to avoid him. I was a bit confused by everyone trying to jump on his dick, except for maybe he's a good cook/has a lot of money.