Am I the only one who will skip any episode that doesn't heavily feature seven of nien

Am I the only one who will skip any episode that doesn't heavily feature seven of nien

They are just so boring without her

I really liked the show until her character showed up.
After that I loved the show and realized all those earlier episodes were garbage.

Kinda the opposite for me. After a while it just became the seven of nine show. Kinda sucked seeing as her character wasn't interesting enough to warrant that much screentime. Then again Voyager didn't have much to work with storywise.

Of my top five Voyager episodes, only one was Seven-centric.

I find she just adds a lot of the only inter-crew tension of the dynamics, since she's the only one who seems to defy commands on the regular.

I mean the writers could have done that with the Macquis crew more often but they all fell into line so fucking quick.

threads gonna die so I'll bite. What are the five?

1. S4E23 Living Witness
2. S4E14 Message in a Bottle
3. S4E01 Scorpion: Part 2
4. S6E12 Blink of an Eye
5. S5E06 Timeless

Seven is the #2 reason that I can't ever show Voyager to my family or friends.

The #1 reason is, of course, still Neelix.
>user, is that character some sort of child molester? What kind of degenerate filth are you watching?

i don't follow.

why can't you show people seven and why would they think neelix was a pedo

Wow, I just watched Living Witness today for the first time and found it kind of tedious and a bit silly.

Can you explain why its your numero uno

Different user but I'm assuming because Seven has that dart-style breast support and because Neelix is fucking a three-year-old.

I mean I'd still show people and explain the context, but as if your mother wouldn't point both of those things out.

Seven is the perfect example of the franchise desperately pandering to horny children.

And Neelix IS a child molester. Kes was less than 2 years old when he diddled her. Even by her people's standards, she was too young (and she was prepubescent too). Embarrassing all around.

it's 2016, nobody would blink twice at Seven's uniform on a tv show these days.

and Kes didn't look underage or have the intelligence of a child so that's pretty much moot too.

Hello Rick.

Because it's about context and how every story has multiple angles.

It's also about trying to find the unbiased truth, which is a nearly impossible task and never ends well for anybody, but our internal sense of morality tells us that it's still the right thing to do.

It's also an allegory for racial segregation in the USA and the long-term effects that stem from that, specifically guilt and the way that guilt influences the further actions of each race.

It really is science-fiction at its finest, and this is something that Voyager got right very, very rarely.

Also, it tugs on the heartstrings that the Doctor's backup unit set sail for Earth hundreds of years after Voyager made it home. You feel for him.

damn...how did the gay mafia allow her on TV?

Photomanipulations are for low test betas.

you're watching Pleb-Trek. It doesn't fucking matter. your crime is only increased by your falling for the obvious sex appeal.

>it's 2016, nobody would blink twice at Seven's uniform on a tv show these days.
I mean, maybe you wouldn't, and that's very nice. Good for you. I probably wouldn't be too affected by it, either. That user was saying his family and friends, though, and I can definitely sympathise. My mother would probably burst out laughing and refuse to take Seven seriously. I can already hear the phrase "space bimbo" in her voice.

>and Kes didn't look underage or have the intelligence of a child so that's pretty much moot too.
Sure, after you've grown to know her a little. At the end of the pilot all we know is that she's three, she's run away from home, she looks like a young adult and is fucking Neelix. That's enough to make anyone narrow their eyes a little until its explained a bit better.

She was dating Neelix, so she clearly did not have the intelligence, wisdom, experience or maturity of an adult.

Reasonable.

>At the end of the pilot all we know is that she's three
In the pilot she's one.

In the second season, Kes explains that she's not even two years old yet (and she hasn't gone through her species' version of puberty yet).

is there any reason to believe she has saggy udders like that? She looks a lot better clothed if so

I'm actually a homosexual and enjoy her purely for how refreshing her character is (watching the show for the first time and am almost through s4)

I also think the show is mostly pretty bad but it has its moments. I'd say I get let down by bad writing at least once an episode on average though. There's just so much wasted potential.

>space bimbo

your ma sounds alright.

and i guess you have a point about my perspective making it all seem okay. I'm used to trek from tng so my default is "well yeah, they're aliens so of course they'll have different customs they don't have to follow our rules blah blah"

rekt.

although in neelix's defense he actually seemed like a decent character to me whenever the shit writers weren't shitting him up for "comedy" reasons (oh this food is so bad silly neelix ha ha etc)