So I finally got around to seeing pic related. You lied, Cred Forums. This movie is amazing. J.J...

So I finally got around to seeing pic related. You lied, Cred Forums. This movie is amazing. J.J. Abrams saved Star Wars, and yet you're all giving him shit for it. I don't understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-HmWDdmTAE8
youtube.com/watch?v=y8ac1Qg-r-8&index=1&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3YcCLaTnBE&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=65As1V0vQDM&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=P1a_0lAGpLA&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=16
youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ3BJVMfAI&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=17
youtube.com/watch?v=xJzuanMUuS4&index=21&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd
youtube.com/watch?v=cUBUlKgsNK8&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=23
youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0qZLK8l-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA
youtube.com/watch?v=yVTN8BGe4-s
youtube.com/watch?v=d2JwB9Zg_IE
youtube.com/watch?v=oDAA2Ih4XAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I agree. I liked the movie. Tv is just made up of neck beard contrarians who love to bitch and hate things that are popular

have SW:TFA on my dvr no spoilers please

I really enjoyed it. A couple too many call backs but overall I got was exactly what I wanted from it.

Then some time passed.

My kid, an avid Star Wars fan since way before FA, stopped playing with SW toys, stopped asking about the universe, stopped watching the movies.
I stopped caring about SW all together.
Not only was it a generic blockbuster in its own right, it seems to have the power to pull the other films under too.

Its one saving grace is that it made me realise the Anakin prequels weren't as bad as I thought.

Snoke is Plagueis.
Rey is a Skywalker.
Maul is one of the Knights of Ren.
The old EU was amazing.
Breast.
Chair.

Rey a cute

New south park says otherwise. you just sucking on memberberries

Yep. Second best Star Wars movie behind Empire. JJ is great. He saved Star Trek and Star Wars.

None of those are true.

That's the point.

She most certainly is that.

“He saved Star Wars, and now we will ask him to save our country."

Was this scene kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=-HmWDdmTAE8

No, but it was pretty cool. However, I feel like it's bit overdramatic. I didn't feel that way the first viewing though. It was badass the first time. Now Hux's speech just feels a bit cringe.

Yes. It's the top-tier sound design that makes this scene so great.

Even though it is the forgettable piece of shit it was I'm more dissapointed John Williams didn't even compose anything memorable. Honestly, I can't think of one piece of OST that even remotely stands out. Even the prequels had some decent music but it was severely lacking in TFA.

TFA's soundtrack was pretty great. I distinctly remember Starkiller Base, the Resistance, Kylo Ren, Snoke, and Rey's themes.

youtube.com/watch?v=y8ac1Qg-r-8&index=1&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3YcCLaTnBE&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=2

youtube.com/watch?v=65As1V0vQDM&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=6

youtube.com/watch?v=P1a_0lAGpLA&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=12

youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=16

youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ3BJVMfAI&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=17

youtube.com/watch?v=xJzuanMUuS4&index=21&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd

The Jedi Steps :)

>I don't understand
Fucking millennials
You ruin everything
>blindly loving one of the worst movies since the prequels
The movie tries too hard, kid. The "ethnical diversity" left us with some shit casting. The humor was bad. Small unintelligible robot sidekick that contains crucial info to destroying super weapon... is terrible pottery.
Please, child. Get yourself cultured and don't come back until you find at least 1,000 flaws with TFA. There are millions. This should be easy for you.

That too.

youtube.com/watch?v=cUBUlKgsNK8&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=23

What the fuck is a millennial?

not enough murder

I didn't love it or hate it.
I just think people here who think George would have done a better job are morons, especially considering his creative output post-prequels.

The original movies aren't perfect either, gramps

Amazing? it's definitely a vast improvement to the prequels but it still felt like it was grasping to try to recreate that original trilogy magic instead of creating it's own.

I mean the story is literally a repeat

>'not a death star..a planet star!...and for the bad guy..hmmm not the father! he'll be the son of one of the good guys! oh and throw in random poorly written, rushed cameos for everyone from the originals because people will laugh at the reference and think it's cool then all we need to do is change the gender of the protagonist except instead of being flawed and weak at the beginning and slowly grow powerful as she matures like a good character, let's make her godlike, best jedi ever without any training at all because we don't want to show women as weak, it's 2016 after all guys.'

Who would you think would have been a better director instead of JJ?

Terrence Malick

Matt Reeves.

Quentin Tortellini

You're a dumb cunt.

>This movie is amazing.
Have you literally never seen New Hope?

At the moment there aren't really any major blockbuster director's with the creativity and technical skill when it comes to huge scale productions like star wars was going to be.

There are better art film directors both in technical skill and creativity but they wouldn't convert well to trying to make a mainstream blockbuster and all the other blockbuster film makers are terrible.

The only other two potential candidates with out current shit tier pool of blockbuster directors would be nolan and snyder. Nolan might have taken a more interesting approach with the story but for the time being I don't think anyone who does blockbusters would have done a better job.

Hollywood needs to start cultivating some new directorial talent we're in one of the worst eras for directors in decades imo.

>At the moment there aren't really any major blockbuster director's with the creativity and technical skill when it comes to huge scale productions
George Miller and del Toro, retard.

>Cred Forums hates popular thing regardless of quality
shocking

>The Jedi Steps :)
kill yourself, that was the best track is tfa and it was shit compared against stuff from the other 6.

I don't really know.
I just felt like J.J. was the safe choice given he renewed the mainstream audiences interest in Star Trek and Mission Impossible.
George would have wanted more creative control than what I guess any other director who came in under Disney would have got.
is a good choice. I would have also said Brad Bird maybe.

Hideaki Anno would be amazing

I only remember this.

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

>general audiences love popular thing regardless of quality
I CAN DO IT TOOOOOoooooo

Rey's Theme was 10/10

>The original movies aren't perfect either, gramps
You come off as a retard when calling people 10 years older than you"gramps", however you're correct in that the old movies weren't perfect, but they were much better than tfa.

George miller only has one real blockbuster out recently mad max and it was good but not amazing, pretty much same caliber as JJ's if not a little worse.

>del toro

Yeah because his screenplay work for the hobbit movies was so good and pacific rim wasn't a piece of shit. Retard.

I got somewhat bored, also disliked the camera work: every shot felt very close up and busy, without any picturesque scale. Quirky comic relief moments were somewhat cringy, I'd say 5/10 overall.

>>Cred Forums hates popular thing regardless of quality
>shocking
Just because you're willing to eat shit doesn't mean I have to.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0qZLK8l-Y

youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA

What a fucking slag.

It's garbage compared to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=yVTN8BGe4-s

that's a lot of words just to say "i'm retarded"

A New Hope is a good movie but I find Empire Strikes Back much much better

>same idiot replies again to original post because he knows reply made him look stupid and couldn't even come up with another word

Pathetic.

but why?
ANH is objectivly better

-more murder
-all the characters are together
-middle of the movie is more exciting
-it's actually a complete movie not just a middle chapter

You're the one calling people millennials, bro.

Seriously is there anything he can't do?

Is JJ our guy?

That was my first post in this thread.

You idiot. It's not up to the director how a movie like TFA turns out to be. You will end up with basically the same movie no matter who was sitting in the director's chair.

Direct a good film?

>our guy
kill yourself

>Hating on our guy

You're the idiot in this case user.

it's a 7/10

you're totally right reddit!

>I don't understand.

JJ could have saved episode III

7 = 5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2

7,8,9 will make 1,2,3 look like 4,5,6.

1. Rotj
2. Anh
(Power gap)
3. Tfa
4. Esb
(Huge power gap)
5. Tpm
6. Rots
(Giant power gap)
7. Aotc

I may be in the minority but this feels true to me

Awful.

I doubt he can help being retarded user.

I will forever believe that despite its overwhelming amount of shortcomings, the old EU is infinitely superior to the shitshow we have now. Old EU explored different themes, viewpoints, characters, timelines, etc. The Sith were more than just chaotic evil morons and the Jedi weren't this fluffy white good guy order that did nothing wrong. So far, the new EU is this committee approved suitable for all ages bullshit that panders to the lowest common denominator of the fandom.

I would take another Yuuzhan Vong invasion or Jacen Solo Sith Lord angst over what they are pumping out now.

Posting even more kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=d2JwB9Zg_IE

>Yuuzhan Vong invasion or Jacen Solo Sith Lord
What the fuck does this shit even mean?

He has terrible taste. As much of a mess TFA might be, it's better than that shit.

Yuuzhan Vong were this extremely protracted series of novels about a species of ridiculously religious from outside the galaxy invades the entire galaxy. They used biomechanical technology and were generally kind of a neat premise, but then they went overboard and turned them into hyper edgy sado-masochists covered in tattoos. People hated them because of aforementioned edginess, how long the series was, the fact that it killed off a ton of central characters, and because it had a boring conclusion.

It did produce Nom Anor, though. One of my favorite SW characters.

was right.

>>Yuuzhan Vong invasion or Jacen Solo Sith Lord
>What the fuck does this shit even mean?
How old are you user?

You're retarded.

It doesn't matter how old I am. At least my taste is nowhere as shitty as the two of you.

Why are you too embarrassed to admit your age? I wasn't even looking to give you shit but I thought that anyone who had been a fan of star wars before tfa would have at least heard of that stuff in passing.

>he doesnt appreciate space opera fantasy star wars the most
>he doesnt hate shot on digital lightsaber cgi fests

The "awful" was the terrible opinion of believing ESB is worse than TFA.

Alright lads here's what bothered me about TFA:
>too edgy in some parts (that one guy is literally Hitler giving a Nazi speech)
>some forced feminist elements (finn can't take a hint that rey is a strong independent woman and keeps trying to help her)
>the scene where those weird alien monsters get inside the Millennium falcon (boring)

That's about it. I thought the movie was good otherwise. Some of the jokes were really funny and made me laugh. I didn't mind the lack of originality.

>TFA.
Had no imagination which aromatically made it the worst one, the fact that it made no sense either was just salt in the wound.

automatically

You fags cant be serious, this movie was terrible

I wanted to like it so much and went to see it in theatres and it was fucking horrible, completely unimaginative garbage

JJ played it so safe and basically just remade the original Star Wars for millenials but nowhere near as good

act

kylo's theme is badass and idgaf if you disagree

>kylo's theme is badass
Kill yourself disney reddit cock sucker.

it has a stupidly loose definition but around these parts it means anyone born post-1999

reach the top shelf

I hated it because it ruined the happy ending of Episode VI.

I've just never been a fan of continuing trilogies. Like Halo, you defeat the aliens in Halo 3 and then boom, Halo 4 you're back to fighting them again.

It would appear you don't know much about these parts reddit.

Fanservice was one of the worst things to happen in the film making industry, fans are stupid, dumb ,idiots and should never go into the fanfic territory, it's a big mistake.

Its a remake of new hope which is goat

Esb never really felt like star wars to me, although not nearly as not star wars as prequels

But whatever keep parroting memes like "esb is the best star wars" and "tfa is the worst movie ever"

Responded to wrong post meant to be to

Millenial is anyone born between 83 and 97

I never said anything about empire. I just think the previous 6 star wars all had a lot of imagination go in to them but tfa didn't.

You clicked on every post iTT just to share this shitty opinion? you think 7 is the best star wars ever? let me guess other movies on your best list of all time include avengers, avengers 2 and mission impossible 3

It doomed Star Wars you fucking retard. Now everything before and after the OT is a god damn joke.

>empire strikes back never really felt like star wars to me

>tfa was a great movie

were you born after the year 2000 by any chance

JESUS CHRIST, really, Lucas?!

youtube.com/watch?v=oDAA2Ih4XAs

A millenial is anyone living in the new Millennium, which is most people.

haha yeah dude nothings more GOAT than shitting on everything the OT accomplished AND still ending up with a remake! :D

I didnt say it was a great movie

I watched the ot since before I can remember

A new hope shat on the ot and was a remake?

There is literally no reason to watch it when A New Hope already exists.

People that say they like it on this board are just trolling to try and trigger the people that are really vocal about despising it.

It's not that it's abysmal, it just doesn't stand on its own legs. There's no real reason to even see it once.

I don't understand how you can think that esb "never felt like star wars." it's the most iconic star wars movie of them all. It's widely recognized as the best of the series. Like learns that Vader is his father and duels him, we have the jabba the hurt scenes, Bob fett, lando and cloud city, Yoda and Luke on dagobah...

I mean dude, if anything, it's "more" star wars than any of the other films.

I don't understand your opinion.

Shitting on ESB and praising TFA

That thread is pure millenial cancer, you're a fucking horrible generation that will deserve the incoming chaos.

>Luke learns that Vader is his father and duels him
There's also Vader duels and memorable quotes in ANH and ROTJ.
>we have the jabba the hurt scenes
What. Jabba doesn't appear in ESB.
>Bob fett
Overrated. Also appears in ROTJ
>lando and cloud city
Black version of Han Solo.
ANH has Tattoin and the death star (arguably the most star wars-y thing), and ROTJ has Endor and Ewoks. Your point?
>Yoda and Luke on dagobah...
ANH has Obiwan. And ROTJ has the emperor. Every movie has one master of the force as a potential teacher in it. What makes Yoda special?

I don't take anyone seriously who says it's an outright terrible film. It's competent by design. The story they told didn't really matter as much as the big marketing statement the film was meant to carry. The goal was to convince nostalgic fans that the Star Wars they liked is back and the film was so meticulously crafted to acheive that goal that it was impossible for it to fail.

Of course you can dislike what they're doing, I do too, but the film is not a piece of shit. The worst thing I can say about it is that it's extremely safe.

You're mentally deficient user.

>that helicopter shot of rey and luke
literally walked out of the theater after that scene

Fucking Guardians of the Galaxy is better than TFA

5>4>1>6>7>3>2
You cannot dispute this.

>I don't take anyone seriously who says it's an outright terrible film. It's competent by design. The story they told didn't really matter as much as the big marketing statement the film was meant to carry.
It's got a star wars veneer just switch your brain off bro.

>doesn't watch star wars film until 11 months after release
>thinks he's qualified to determine what saves the franchise

Well that's because it has characters with goals who are primarily motivated and driven by those goals, instead of characters who have vague goals they throw out the window the moment they encounter a returning cast member who asks them to come along on an Adventure.
Fucking Bilbo Baggins needed more convincing before he abandoned his plans than the characters of TFA did. And he was a Took.

I dispute this utter shite and mainstream view that has been forced fed to you by meme culture and wankers like Simon Pegg

Every film made is competent these days. It's dreadful because of its complete and total mediocrity

I think he was just making a post-meme joke.

I don't think anyone who says it's terrible means it has no redeemingly qualities.
You can't just assume the moment someone says it's terrible, it means they think it's Birdemic.
It just means that all of its positives are either insignificant by comparison to its negatives, or its negatives somehow render the positives irrelevant.

By a lot of people's view, including mine, the worst thing a movie can do, is get a lot of things right, only to then be an inconsequential lazy work with little worth remembering beyond its minor elements; because then, instead of just being boring and/or bad, it's also a waste off the time and effort of everyone who made the great things in it great.

That is what makes a terrible movie terrible for me.
When it's good parts are done an injustice by being buried under mediocrity, blandness or just plain laziness.

Think of the Hobbit for example, and all those people building the sets, assembling the costumes, rigging the lighting and so on. All that work put in, to something that looks so fantastic and is essentially worthless in the end.

I knew TFA was going to be ultra-shitty the moment the emo faggot stopped the blaster bolt in mid air with the force. But the thing that really ruined the movie was Rey.

Rey was a shitty character who experienced no hardship or growth at any point in the film.

I almost walked out of the theater when she started casually hip firing storm troopers with her pistol from more than 100 feet away.

>muh force

No. Luke had to train hard to become even mildly adept at combat, after getting his ass handed to him repeatedly and fucking up in a variety of ways. Being strong in the force didn't help him without training, and even then he wasn't invincible.

What they did with Rey removed a layer of the mysticism surrounding one of the most interesting parts of the Star Wars Universe. Even the prequels were not so heinous in their treatment of the force, despite being created to sell toys. Jedi died and fucked up all the time. They were falliable.

Not Rey. Perfect princess mary sue, never struggled, always knew just what to do and how to do it. Because the force, right?

No, because of shitty, uninspired hack writing and timid producers.

I don't remember anything about the movie except the fucking awful CGI on the Yoda-wannabe, the obvious homoerotic undertone between the fake stormtrooper and the rebel pilot, and how horrible Rey was.

Star Wars was already dead to me after the prequels. TFA was just another nail in the coffin.

>This movie is amazing.

Why do you lie on the internet?

>Every film made is competent these days.

>Every film made is competent these days.
That's just not the case. Disney may have perfected the formula for making easily digestible shit that sells, but every other major studio struggles with just making a movie that's not a complete piece of shit. Just the fact that movies like Fantastic Four (the remake) and Warcraft still come out boggles my mind.

I do like how they bastardized critical components, like a 'system destroying weapon' (sun crusher), and then made them ultra-retarded for ultra-normies to understand.

>A SUPER WAPON GOTA BE BIG RIGHT? WOW ITS SO BIG WOULDA BEEN DUMB IF IT WAS SMALL LOL

its almost like a proft-seeking company with a duty to represent its shareholders best interest was trying to engage a new generation with an old movie.

i saw 10,000 BC the other day. couldn't stop laughing.

It's good, but it played it way too safe.

They probably were afraid that their movie was going to be seen as silly or comedic, associating the Sun Crusher with the Noisy Cricket.

Which boggles the mind, considering their opening sequence includes the massacre of a village in which but the movie goes full comedy right away by treating this moment with "who talks first?"

>went overboard and turned them into hyper edgy sado-masochists covered in tattoos.
So basically Star Wars went 40k?

kill yourself retard

You first.

Tone, genius, not shit you own toys of

Fucking colossal pol tard detected. Theyre right beside each other in the ranking I posted
(Me)
This

fuck off

What was good about it user?

>Theyre right beside each other in the ranking I posted
That is why you fail faggot

Regardless, I wasnt "shitting on esb and praising tfa"

>sees this movie 1 year after its release
>thinks he has a valid opinion regarding anything Star Wars

What he's saying, is that by putting them next to eachother, you're doing at least one of those things.

You make a good case user.