MASTAH SKYWOKKA THER ARE TOO MENY OF THEM WOT ARE WE GENG TO DO??

MASTAH SKYWOKKA THER ARE TOO MENY OF THEM WOT ARE WE GENG TO DO??

We're gonna BOIPASS DE COMPRESSAH!

*pssssh*
*woom*

this was the scene that made it absolutely clear that the franchise needed to be taken out of George Lucas' hands

From my point of view you're evil so I'm gonna use my higher ground against you

So why did Anakin kill those kids?
Did Sheev tell him to? If so, why didn't he ask the clones to do it and leave Anakin to deal with Jedi that were much stronger?

Why have him kill kids? Why bother the make the villain sympathetic and have him redeem himself only to reveal years later that he slaughtered children because he wanted to.

>holds hand over mouth

"... younglings..."

Uh, he was just about done at that point, so and if he probably went as far as making Episode I, II, and III, it probably should have been evident much earlier.

NOT ANAKIN!

Because George Lucas deals in absolutes, and the "eviliest" thing Anakin done up to that point was reluctantly kill Mace Windu to save the only man who seemed to understand him and treat him with respect, which was what he whined about through the whole movie.

The jedi were spread out over a number of different planets as they were still fighting a war, that's why it made more sense to kill them all at once with the clone troopers. Anakin was sent to hunt down any survivors afterwards

He did slaughter a bunch of dindus in the desert.

Which no one in the movie OR the audience thought was wrong, hence the prominent murder of a human, white child in the following film.

In Vader's position you're going to need to kill a child eventually. Not a horrible idea doing it early. The Dark Side is magic and shit so don't get super autistic about characters going all out in their own ways.

>Which no one in the movie OR the audience thought was wrong

lolwut

GIES YOUR LIGHTSABER

There's nothing cornered Jedi can do against 100 lasers. Anaki would just be in the way. Killing younglings is a test in of itself.

That was crystal clear and indisputable half-way through the Phantom Menace.

When George Lucas flat out explained the Force out of nowhere as "microscopic organisms" you know he had no idea what was good about Star Wars or didn't care enough of any intricacies or depth.

Then we had:
>"Jar Jar is the key to all this"
>Qui-Gon doing insidious shit constantly
>Every senate scene
>The decision to train Anakin even though literally everyone senses grave danger about him but Qui-Gon
>The scene where Yoda is training kids this is the 2nd most damaging moment in the prequels
>Yoda pulling out a lightsaber and contradicting everything about his character

And that's just from the first two movies.

JĂ…NGLINGS

>"PADME I KILLED CHILDREN!"
>"It's okay Anakin!"
>[never mentioned again]

And maybe if the Tusken Raiders had ever been portrayed as anything but violent animals, people would've come away from the movie with legitimate moral questions about the hero who slaughtered them all "like animals," and not "yep, it was another star wars prequel!"

Maybe you're caught up in this hipster neo-examination of the prequel trilogy and you believe things in the movies were presented well or with any poignance, but they weren't. Anakin massacring sand people was a footnote that most people probably forgot about by the time Sith rolled into theaters, because that shit wasn't mentioned in that movie, either.

And again, no one but Obi-Wan really seemed to give a fuck about him killing kids in that movie, including the viewers. No one was like, "man, this dark downfall where he killed kids really spoke to me," they were like "and we finally got to see the birth of Darth Vader!"

They couldn't even kill Padme in a way that stuck with people, the bitch just got choked (which everyone forgot about during the following 20 minute lightsaber fight) and then died of a broken heart (which everyone forgot about because they were marveling at all the needless A New Hope connections).

Nothing in the prequels was done well enough to have any emotional weight except for children.

But maybe the sand people were in fact borderline animals, ever think of that?

>The scene where Yoda is training kids this is the 2nd most damaging moment in the prequels
elaborate

>When George Lucas flat out explained the Force out of nowhere as "microscopic organisms"
Um no Lucas never wrote the force to be like that. Those gifted with the force have a lot more of medichlorians compared to other people.

And besides: this was Qui Gon's theory and some early Jedi's theory.

The guy is a tool ignore his post. How he got butthurt by Lucas showing kids being trained to be a Jedi... thats how it fucking works

Even less reason to care.
Do you care about when like a pack of hyenas in Africa gets hunted because they got too close to some shitty village and ate some kid wandering around by himself?

Or, put it this way, would you care more or less if it had been savage Comanches that stole a cowboy's mom and raped her to death and he wiped out their whole injun village?
In that case, at least they're human and you'd know they have some basic culture because you probably learned about that shit in middle school, but I doubt the average viewer would care, unless some contrarian autist used it as a basis for "this is why the downfall of the hero gunslinger in this oft-derided cowboy trilogy is so brilliant" essay.

No one cared because it wasn't written well. People care now because everyone wants to one-up the Plinkett reviews and the kids who watched this shit when they were 8 are now old enough to maintain their own blogs and youtube channels and nostalgia has gotten worse.

Hundreds of Africans die by Rebels in Africa yet no one seems to care for them.

Lots of massacres have gone on in Sudan

>Those gifted with the force have a lot more of medichlorians compared to other people.
So it is microscopic organisms. Regardless, it's still ruins the mystery and intrigue of the force.

Now is power levels and e-meters like every other shitty scifi show.

Not really. Its kinda like Christians saying that true believers in Christ have more of the holy spirit flowing through them.

Yeah, I don't care because they might as well be fictional to me, Africa is so far away and backwards that I could never possibly understand and nor do I want to.

I care more about the slaughter of injuns because I live on that soil, a century and a half or so later, and I care more about Tusken Raiders because I'm vaguely familiar with the Star Wars universe, but I still don't care about either of those slaughters, I just don't care less than I do about the shithole that is Africa.

Spoken like a true American

This the medichlorians are merely organisms that live in force rich environments.

No one complained that the lizards in Degobah are immune to the force.

Well kid.... from my point of view... *bzzshweeeweeeongwooo*... the Jedi are evil.

>the medichlorians are merely organisms that live in force rich environments.
Perfectly said. Idk why fans get so angry about this

That's not an argument and is a womanly response.
If you'd like to give me a reason to care about Africans being killed, go ahead.

"You should care," is not a reason.

Qui Gon says "microscopic organisms" verbatim. He used something that looks exactly from Star Trek to gauge the force electrons in his blood. Then Obi quantifies it and remarks that Anakin has a higher mitochondrial count than Yoda.

I know they dropped this shit until a brief mention in Revenge and theres a bunch of EU shit but that's how it happened and supposedly established in Phantom.

The Sith dont like the Jedi because they dont teach force users on how to fully unleash their "true power" aka "unlimited power".

Hence why Anakin calls the Jedi "evil" because they refuse this power.

Same thing about Satan in the Bible. Satan wanted to free humans to show them all the occult knowledge but Yahweh/God denied this.

The Sith power = forbidden fruit.

Because the way it's written in the film implies they cause the force. I believe Qui-Gon says something about them "controlling" the force, or something similar.

They were not mentioned a single time in the following films, which is ridiculous, so EU bullshitters had to conjure up a better explanation.

>If you'd like to give me a reason to care about Africans being killed, go ahead.
Africans (especially Nigerians) are very friendly and social people and are fun to be around.

>*in anguish after killing a fellow Jedi* what have I done...
>hey dude join the dark side to save padme
>ok, master. what's my first mission?
>slaughter a group of defenseless children
>ok

>Because the way it's written in the film implies they cause the force.
Well thats not how I read it when I watched the movie. I always thought of them as a kind of gateway with the force but they didnt cause the force simply help it if that makes sense

Well when yoda explained that the force really is in empire is was supposed to be something fantastic and other-worldly. We perceive it as magical by his explanation. That' not something tangible or quantifiable.

I TELL WOT YOU LIL SHIT YOU SHUT THE FUCKIN 'ELL OR I SWEAR ON ME MUM I'LL SHANK YA IN THE NUTS AND BUM YER SISTER WHILE DAVEY HERE HAS A WANK.

Not from all the immigrant ones I've known here.
They're typically "African," they're loud, boisterous, they try to make jokes nearly as often as Brazilians, and most are Muslims, which is just disagreeable.

And that's not even going into the fact that the ones we're talking about are still in Africa.

Show me the exact quote Yoda says about the force. Also did Yoda agree about the existence of medichlorians in Phantom?

>Putting this much thought into a series of fantasy movies which were obviously a success for reasons which the director had no idea about

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

bruh just stop. we get it, you're a sociopath

>I dont like realism in my fantasy
What is your problem? If you wanna just turn your brain off well Star Wars is not that type of movie.

Yes JJ's Force Awakens was very turn your brain off but go and play a star wars game. There is tons of history to learn from it. Star wars was never JUST a kids movie.

Also, star wars is based off religion anyway
A Joseph Campbell book if I remember correctly.

>Anakin: "What are midichlorians?"
>Qui-Gon: [rambling nonsense]
>Anakin: "I don't understand."
>Qui-Gon: "...they tell us the will of the force."

By which a person with a higher midichlorian count can be "told" of the force and a person with a low count cannot, which is to say the organisms control the force and without them there is no connection to the force so they might as well be the force, and the distinction honestly sounds like someone describing the wind blowing as being the will of god and not just air currents.

I feel like a Star Wars scientist would roll his eyes and say, "no, midichlorians are the force."

You're conjuring up fantastical ideas about a series of movies where the director's vision of a comedic 'highpoint' is an alien animal shitting in Jar Jar Bink's face.

Think about that for a second.

reddit detected

It's fucking retarded first off. You give a bunch of snot-nosed kids the deadliest weapon in the galaxy and have them stand 2 feet next to each other. They probably had some sort of discipline or training but they're still a bunch of kids in super proximity to each other.

Before this point, it was established that Jedi build their sabers as a right of passage, which still might be the case, but these kids have fun-sized sabers like they were sports peripherals handed out of a box in PE.

This scene was an obvious callback to Luke being trained by Obi-Wan but that was merely an improvisation designed to kill time on the passage to Alderaan. Now it's some set rhetoric, training method. How fucking lazy is that? I'd expect a more mystical training method from Yoda.

>By which a person with a higher midichlorian count can be "told" of the force and a person with a low count cannot
This is identical to Christianity's Holy Spirit.

A person with the Holy Spirit can be told of Jesus and learn the truth but someone not with the holy spirit cannot.

Okay it is time for you to leave. You obviously dont like story telling.

>literally trying his best not to laugh while saying that line

Except there's no magic that comes with believing extra hard in Jesus.

And there's Jedi who don't know shit about the holy midichlorian count who do just fine with the force.

Medichlorians are mentioned in the blood test, Qui-Gons explanation, and then way later in Revenge of the Sith when Palpy explains that Plagueis manipulated medichlorians to create life. That's really it. It's like Lucas realized the horrid precipice he just established after and tried to never come back to the subject.

Also go fuck yourself for not having Yoda's Empire speech memorized.

Topkek

>Also go fuck yourself for not having Yoda's Empire speech memorized.
Ummmm

i just assumed those were non-deadly training lightsabers

They still look and function like normal sabers. The audience is to assume their kid-sized lightsabers as stupid as that sounds. The decision making around this whole scene is mind-boggling.

Maybe the sabers grow as they age like their little dicks.

well, the training scene in a new hope established that non-lethal blaster shots exists, so why should non-lethal lightsabers be impossible?

I actually do like the little startled jump he gives when the lightsaber turns on. A rare moment of effective acting in the prequels.

I, being introduced to the franchise through the prequels, can not for the life of me understand why Annakin explaining why he doesn't like sand is bad and one of the main complaints "fans" throw up. Basically, i can confirm it's nothing but nostalgia goggles and bandwagon hate

Okay, this is bait

Easy xp to level up his jedi powers

Because it's poorly written nonsense.

No it isn't, it's true. Sand sucks, especially if you grew up in a giant desert. Kill yourself.

>poor writing

Should be an instant permanent ban from the entire site.

A 12 year old could write a better line about hating sand.

He went from reluctantly killing someone to murdering a dozen kids? Seems like a big step. They should of have him rape someone

Different ways of saying "poorly written" don't make you any less of an insufferable, dumb pseudo-intellectual. Go back to Cred Forums.

George, is that you?

>Because George Lucas deals in absolutes, and the "eviliest" thing Anakin done up to that point was reluctantly kill Mace Windu

What about slaughtering an entire village full of people in Episode II?

>people

Slaughtering a bunch of savage monsters who raped his mother for years. They should lock him up and throw away the key!

>but but the "women" and "children!"
Why would you assume they're any more innocent?

those were arabs m8

>Why would you assume they're any more innocent?

Because typically women and children don't take part in that, and Anakin specifically mentioned the women and children, implying that they were separate from the group that actually deserved to die.

When Anakin is about to decapitate Dooku you can hear Tusken noises.
I'm pretty Palatine mentions the Tusken masacre there or during one of their meetings, though that may have been from the comic.

>I HAVE *LOL* SEEN A SECURITY HOLOGRAM OF HIM *ROFL*... KILLING YOUNGLINGS *LMAO*!

>sand people shoot at children in a race for sport