Let’s have an actual discussion about god

Let’s have an actual discussion about god.
Atheists. Why do you not believe in god?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4_WKlttKRDw
bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks3/science/organisms_behaviour_health/life_processes/revision/2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did god ever fuck a virgin?

The whole notion just seems absurd.

The big bag theory doesn’t?

>Atheists. Why do you not believe in god?

>Atheists

why is there such a word?

No words for non-tennis players, or people that don't believe in leprechauns .

You get the special word for your faith as your epistemology (your method of learning something) The rest of us do not.

"Atheist" is a non-starter.

If god is omnipresent, then why do you have to ask him into your heart?

You can't say something is everywhere, when it is clearly not everywhere.

If God knows everything, then how can he get angry about something that he finds out new?

It's weird, sure, but the current movement of the universe apparently supports it.

I get the title "atheist" because god doesn't exist? Why do I get a title for that?

It's time to do away with these kinds of titles.

Religiously faithful people get the title "superstitious" or "deluded".

We are both atheist with regard to all the other thousands of possible gods out there. I take it one step further by waiting on evidence for your god, while knowing no such evidence could even be conceived.

>because god doesn’t exist
Oh you’ve found proof he doesn’t exist? Share please

>Oh you’ve found proof he doesn’t exist? Share please

Oh no. I don't get that burden. If you say something exists, the burden of proof is on your shoulders - not mine.

Try praying for something - anything.

John 14:13-14
"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 15:7
"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

John 16:23-24
"In that day you will not question Me about anything Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.

There are multiple verses in the bible that say that you will get what you want. This is either true, or it is not true. It is either likely, or is unlikely.

Try praying for school mass shootings not to occur. I'm a firearm owner, and I know guns are not going anywhere.

Try praying for malaria to end in Africa.

Try praying for something you need right now.

If it works, post results.

Isaiah 41:17
"The afflicted and needy are seeking water, but there is none, And their tongue is parched with thirst; I, the LORD, will answer them Myself, As the God of Israel I will not forsake them.

This verse right here indicates that people that follow god can't die of dehydration. This has been proven false several million times.

The absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

asked my religous studies teacher why there is so much evil

replied: "we just dont know"

among other things

it just makes the most sense to me

>Why do you not believe in god?
Fuck off, you insecure dolt.

>Why do you not believe in god?
Because I have no good reason to.

The verses about prayer are extremely specific. But, we know prayer doesn't work specifically. Answers to payer are always in the form of 3 answers: "yes", "no", and "wait" - which happens to be the exact same thing you would get if you did not pray at all.

>replied: "we just dont know"

This is an excellent answer. I'm surprised your religious teacher was open to the idea that he can't possibly know.

religion divides us all.

Each group has a reason that the other group is wrong. Each group knows they're right, and the other group has the wrong nouns and verbs.

It's about possessing the right nouns and verbs.

People kill over nouns and verbs. People excommunicate and dis-fellowship over the right nouns and verbs.

It is a great invention, to take away money from people that believe in it

The real issue here is why you're seeking validation for your so-called 'belief' on an anonymous imageboard. Is your so-called 'faith' wavering? Is your sense of logic and reason finally chipping away at enough of the programming that's been instilled in you that you're questioning, but the programming still exists and demands you convince yourself through trying to convince others that your mythical alleged 'god' exists?

This guy knew what he was doing.

I have no persistent element directing me to believe in God.
Then again, the breadth of science is the only thing affirming to me that God doesn't exist.
That's why I'm agnostic.

which god?

The real one

He's doing it on a machine that at least was partially created by an atheist. "Standing on the shoulders of geniuses".

Without this man, WWII against the Germans would have been drug out much longer, millions more people would have died needlessly.

According to Christians and Muslims, he hasn't anything good to say about anything.

Faith as a method of learning, or knowing something is faulty.

never really cared much for krishna

Not religion perse but the fanatical and blinkered belief in it

user, you obviously fear discussion. You change the question so that your pat answers appears to be part of the conversation which they are not...so answer Anons question..."Why do you not believe in God?"

>"Why do you not believe in God?"

A better question is: Why do you believe in "God"?

its not enough to let god do the punishing, we need to lock these heathens up along with the jews. get em on the only trains that had better schedules than the japanese

>we need to lock these heathens up along with the jews

yeah, no. do yourself a favor and an hero.

Don't forget that the more religious most tend to be, the more they utterly REJECT science, technology, real truth and real facts. More evidence of irrational behavior.

>evading the question by answering with another question
All you're 'convincing' me of is that in your heart of hearts you really don't believe in any 'god' yourself, but the programming imposed on you by religious leaders, regularly reinforced by them, demands that you continue to perpetuate the world-view they've indoctrinated you to.

So I ask again, and I will continue to do so: Why do you need the validation for your so-called 'faith' from a bunch of anons on an anonymous imageboard? Don't answer my question with a question again, either; you've played that card, you can't play it again. ANSWER THE QUESTION, OP: WHY IS YOUR SO-CALLED FAITH WAVERING?

God only ask you to follow him....you can elect not to but he's has stated where you end up if you don't, asking him into your heart means you are volunteering to follow him and seek his guidance...you're smarter than that user

>"Why do you not believe in God?"

Which god? There are many to choose from. None of which offer compelling evidence.

not very christian of you. islam sounds more like your cup of tea. as salaam alaikum

It's assumed that the center point of the big bang theory was an explosion.....it might have been creation....people get lost once you start re-defining terms to fit you argument

Big Bang theory is a theory, it's not belief, it's based on observation not belief.

Story I write on paper about God named Ding Dong Ping Pong who saved the universe 8000 years ago is just as valid as your fairy tale called Bible or whatever.

Writing this comment was waste of time, but that's the whole point of these threads. Waste of your time.

>God only ask you to follow him.

>but he's has stated where you end up if you don't

This sounds like a threat of violence. It's the very definition of subservience. It is a master-slave relationship.

Both fear with trembling, and love someone?

The whole thing sounds repulsive as it is written.

How come, when God sacrificed himself, to appease himself, didn't actually appease himself enough to want to stop sending people to an eternity of conscious torment?

This is a question I have.

Was Jesus actually sacrificed, but wasn't? He died yet didn't die? He certainly didn't get what he's offering us pewny weak humans.

>If god is omnipresent, then why do you have to ask him into your heart?
Because any System of Control like religion doesn't work unless you willingly accept it, ceding control of your life to the System. If it's forced on you against your will then it won't take. This is why religions indoctrinate people vigorously from childhood, so that's all they know is the System of Control, and thinking for themselves, deciding things for themselves is utterly alien.

kek
op's just a troll anyway. he's not responding to my trolls. one spotting another and all that piss.

Carrot-and-stick. Also see below:

Why can't I 'thumbs up' this post no matter how hard I pray about it to our father in heaven?

Of course he's a troll. No actual devout religious person would come near Cred Forums.

ha.. true

God hates me im gonna dye :(

but maybe for the loli tho

Some do actually. The Cred Forums is where religions come to die.

I like these tits... let's discuss.

>This is an excellent answer. I'm surprised your religious teacher was open to the idea that he can't possibly know.
Not the guy you're talking to but, to be fair, every religion in one way or another states that only Jod has a right to judge and only Lod has all the answers, even Islam and Christianity, but for some reason a lot of zealots seem to forget this fact but its a sign of a true follower when they actually understand this concept. Its easy to use religion as a tool, you see it a lot with those people holding up signs "God hates queers, you'll burn in hell" but like, according their own religion they're going to go to hell because not only are they speaking for Fod, they're saying what Zod is going to do, essentially ordering him.

i also really enjoy these.

I don't believe in god because I am a man of science not only that but if god is all good and all powerful then how come the world is trying to kill us in so many ways. Either your god is not all powerful or he isn't all good

Atheists are attention seeking faggots, real men of reason go agnostic.

Saggy with stretch marks, areola too big. 3/10

There is evidence to suggest that Muhammad didn't exist. Ex-Muslims become ex-Muslims when they they dig deep for the historicity of Muhammad.

Siddhārtha Gautama (the Buddha himself) is starting to look like a mythical person by ex-Buddhists.

If Jesus is a myth, he's in good company.

of course these too are extremely pleasant

Fun fact: atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive.

I take it back. There is a god. That pussy is amazing.

But I do. Just not in your typical abrahamic gods. Nor in your institutions. So, what is god? God ia entropy, and order. God makes the sub atomical interactions possible. God is just the set of rules that make our universe possible, and nothing more.

The agnostic is just pandering to idiots, and protecting the rights of idiots to peddle their nonsense.

they do have stretch marks, granted. but endless fun could be had. and i believe she would be very liberal in their usage.

Because the evidence isn't there.

12000 years ago we were certain everything was God. Thunder was God, storms were God, luck was God either way. The stomach magically turned food into life by absorbing the life essence of that which you consumed..

And one by one by one we learned whats really happening. Logical rational testable proveable occurences.

And the goal posts move Everytime. Even now on the edge where science doesn't have the answers people say "oh well that's god then."

And yet everything turns out to be not magic. I'm.not against opposed to or shutdown about there being a good, but the scoreboard of investigation isn't looking great.

It's an annoying topic. I just don't care anymore.
"Active" atheists became more annoying than religious people.

Neither are they wholly concordant
idiots on both sides, it would seem

This is mumbo jumbo. The rules are the rules, and explanations for things happening come in the form of theory that people create. Hypotheses don't become scientific fact until no one can disprove the hypotheses.

now now... let's not go rushing into fantastical claims. we all know you're only kidding. and how did we all chuckle. but being a creature of evolution, we evolved alongside the pussy. our desire and its beauty walked that path together.

I came here to fap...

>"Active" atheists became more annoying than religious people.

That is utter nonsense. An Atheist is a caring person that would prefer people to embrace evidence based reason as an epistemology.

Some atheists are assholes, because someone being atheist says almost nothing about them.

these, although seemingly fake are quite nice too. i've blurred out the nipples as not to offend any zealots

This. Theory doesn't mean in science what it means in regular language

Theory refers to the body of evidence, the math, and the mechanisms of a fact. And nothing can be called a theory until it's so solid that you can use it to make accurate predictions on the phenomenon in question.

>Neither are they wholly concordant
They are not equivalent, no. Otherwise there would be no need for both terms.

>i've blurred out the nipples

Blasphemer! repent from your evil ways!

i don't want to blur out nipples anymore. here they are, as god intended

Easy, lack of proof. Any claim needs to be substantiated with some sort of evidence. Without said evidence, even though the claim can not be disproven as it is impossible to prove a negative, it can easily be thrown out. If I see unequivocal evidence that there is a god, I’ll change my mind.

now this understanding young lady has a lovely pair of breasts. and this particular scene is quite the sweat breaker

That only means that scientists understand "god" way more than pastors and the like. Which is not surprising at all.

Not even religious here but that's a pretty shallow argument not understanding religion, and if you don't understand the subject you're arguing then you don't posses any high ground to claim.
And by that I mean lets assume God exists for a moment and bible is right (kek) Evil is creation of man which exists on earth's plain, heaven would be a plane if existence beyond earth which is immeasurably larger where evil does not exist and hell would be a plain where evil is taken to be punished. So to say God doesn't prevent evil is wrong, he prevents it in Heaven, Earth is a plain on which people are being tested. You'd think of it this way, a doctor cures a disease but he always contains samples for it. Basically earth is a peatri dish to see how the cells will behave, the contaminated ones are then removed and placed into an incinerator while the resistant ones are collected and placed in an incubator.
If you're going to take stabs at religion at least take a stab at a point that can't be easily argued even by someone as uninterested in the subject as I am.

The problem with getting people on board with evolutionary theory seems to revolve solely around a fundamental misunderstanding of the word "Theory".

It stumps me how theists and creationists misunderstand this word. It's literally a definition problem.

This is the main problem that is observable.

speaking of breaking a sweat... these noodles are every so tasty. but they contain prawns so unfortunately christians aren't allowed any. sorry christain people. god said no.

God, if he exist, is the biggest massmurder of all time.

I understand the reasoning behind (agnostic) atheisim - there just no way around it rationally. But what never seems to be discussed are the consequences of rejecting God.

So okay, there is no God, there is no divinely ordained order, no god-willed universal law, no last judgement after death. Then why be a good person? What does it even mean to be a good person? There is such thing, no moral is better than any other. Atheism entails nihilism.

I don't think there is any rational argument against this, no rational reason why we should not exploit the sheepish members of society around us for our own benefit.

The only thing we can be sure is real is our own conciousness, our own feelings, emotions and thoughts. So by this logic, life should be to be happy. But happy is too weak a word, "fulfilled" is what it comes down to. And that is what Christian belief gives me.

So technically I might be agnostic, but also I consicously accept that rational thought only leads to chaos, while irrational thought is what makes life worthwhile.

I didn't find any apologies from Jesus in the New Testament either. Instead he said "I am He", so there's that.

these too make for excellent viewing

Yeah she's human, not divine.

Do you want to talk about the tooth fairy and Santa Claus next?

I don't have any imaginary friends, so why would I have to explain why?

no need for it

you know, i was thinking. i really do enjoy burger king and mcdonalds but i feel that they are making me fat.. could this be a possibility?

>So okay, there is no God, there is no divinely ordained order, no god-willed universal law, no last judgement after death. Then why be a good person? What does it even mean to be a good person? There is such thing, no moral is better than any other. Atheism entails nihilism

This is fundamentally false for multiple reasons. If you're being kind to people because you think you get a prize when you die then you're in deep trouble.

We can know that a moral life is observable scientifically. There is a science of morals and values. Science has always given us what we value.

Science has always been in the values business.

Even the heaven that is described in the bible is a place where people are healthy and they are happy.

This is the goal of a moral life: Happiness and healthiness.

Health is measurable. How measurable? Can a scientist tell the difference between a healthy happy person and a dead one? yes, they can.

This is how we can know that when they throw battery acid on a girl for the crime of learning to read, or putting their women in cloth bags and beating them or killing them when they try to escape that they're not maximizing that human happiness.

There are good reasons that are measurable for humans to be good to each other and to all conscious creatures. Humans and conscious creatures are capable of great happiness, and great suffering.

>Then why be a good person?
Because we have to live together.
>There is such thing, no moral is better than any other. Atheism entails nihilism.
Theism does not solve this issue. What makes God's morals better than yours or mine?
>no rational reason why we should not exploit the sheepish members of society around us for our own benefit.
Because it's ultimately less beneficial for us to do that. Promoting a society where people do not exploit one another benefits us.
>And that is what Christian belief gives me.
Believing that there are no children starving to death might make someone feel happy or fulfilled, but I would reject the idea that this belief is not something to be criticized and I certainly wouldn't share it. I care about what is true, and attempt to believe what is true and not believe what is not true to the best of my ability. It is perfectly possible to be happy and "fulfilled" while doing this.

In these discussions people like you are always using (obviously retarded) U.S. evangelical creationists as strawmans for your rethorical attacks.

No halfway intelligent christian believes this is a historical account. (I know, I know, no true scotsman...)

i have an old wire fence that needs removed but was unsure as to the correct tools required... do you thing these bolt cutters are a bit too much?

Dubs says op is a faggot

It still holds as long as you believe in God as a real, existent entity of some sort and not just a metaphor.

Moral relativist detected. It's demonstrably baseless. Even being the most horrific monster in the world is best enjoyed in the context of health and happiness.

did anyone know the guy that played tinky winky died....? i'm shocked, poor bastard

Because nobody can prove god exists.

not really sure what this does... if anything. but i really like it. any idea as to where i can get one?

Can you prove it does not exist ?

i feel bad for this cow

The burden of proof is not on me. Religionfags are the ones implying god is real. They must prove it exists.

vlad looks odd doesn't he?

What the hell happened to that cow

Why is that ?
You assume something to be true (god does not exist) as well as they do.
Why would I trust you more than them ?

don't think i'd ever bring myself to do this.... would anyone here do it?

God knows ;-)

i don't know... but it makes me sad.

Because religion is invented to earn money. Religion is business. Everybody is getting scammed by religion.

in my opinion i believe jon snow and beowulf to share a common thread.

On a serious note, as a christian i am really struggling with pornography. The main problem being that I shouldn't look at it, but i want to.

isn't it funny that in south africa, traffic lights are called robots...

If "God" exists, then why won't he allow me to thumbs up this comment? No matter how hard I pray to be able to give it an approving thumbs up, it doesn't work.

This is a problem.

I like ducks

> pic related, a duck

>You assume something to be true (god does not exist) as well as they do.
Where did he say that?

Mainly missionaries (why does god need cheerleaders?) requiring so many mandatory lifestyle choices. (Why put shit on a planet you created if we can't use it?)

>Inb4 he's testing you

No, that's just religionfags trying to bullshit their way out of the corner they wrote themselves into.

ducks are nice aren't they? and that picture is going straight into my chuckle file. thanks user

Why don't you guys actually talk to an apologist about this?

It's clear everyone here wants there to be a meaning. I am a man of science but science is like arithmetic; it only can tell what is happening if everything is only falling underneath a set formula. If something were to create laws of science then that means it would know way more than us on how to manipulate it.

plepler is my favourite fictional artist.. who's your favourite fictional artist...?

So... Religion being scum discards the Supreme Being to be ?

I guess there is always at least one asshole in every business, and ruins it.
Does that prevent anything to be useful ?

thanks man

Maybe first try and define what asking in Jesus' name means and abiding in him means.

>Why don't you guys actually talk to an apologist about this?
Who says we haven't? All apologetic arguments for the existence of gods fail.

My family isn't religious and religion wasn't really discussed at all in my home. I never felt it was rational so I never got into it.
I don't judge though, I realise others have other experiences and reasons for belief

The reason for god or any supernatural existence is just as valid as the existence of the Flying Spaghetti monster , neither of then can be disproven but they can't be proven either

jimmy was a rotter wasn't he? but this makes me smile.

it's cool man. no judgement here

Muhhamad claims to have seen god in his visions. Maybe he just had schizophrenia. Where is proof that Jesus Christ existed?
Nobody knows if there is supreme being. But do you really believe that there is a bearded man in the sky? I believe only what I can see. I don't see proof that supreme being exists. Why haven't he made his presence seen by us? Because he doesn't care for us. Even if he exists, he shouldn't be praised, because for him we mean nothing.

Good point user, I assumed.
Prove me I was wrong

>Maybe first try and define what asking in Jesus' name means and abiding in him means.

I asked in Jesus name. I pretended to know things I could not possibly know for the sake of the task.

Since it sounds like you might abide in Jesus, can you thumbs up my post? so we can see it working in real time?

I can guarantee you that in Jesus name, almost all things are impossible.

richard metcalfe's tall isn't he?

Because my life is already hell

Who said God was willing to prevent evil?
Love is a two-way thing, if humans reject God, how can he love them?

because there is no concrete evidence

>inb4 the bible
prove it was written by god and not a human

>Because we have to live together.
>Because it's ultimately less beneficial for us to do that. Promoting a society where people do not exploit one another benefits us.
I think it would benefit you more if you exploited society. This is about you and only you, not about "but what if everybody did this". Is there any reason not to do something you know is wrong (by some measure), if you already knew with 100% certainty that no-one would ever find out? Well at least no "rational" reason, I don't think.

>It is perfectly possible to be happy and "fulfilled" while doing this.
yes. I wasn't necessarily trying to say christian belief is the only way to achieve fulfillment. But that some form of irrationallity is required for that. This doesn't go against you mostly - more against those casual atheists who never questioned their rejection of God themselves. Maybe not in the U.S., but here there are many of those.

I mean, I'm honestly mostly Christian because that's how I grew up, and now I'm trying to retrorationalize that. I think that's how it is for the vast majority of people. Leaving behind my faith is more complicated than just going "I don't believe, therefore I'm no longer Christian". I have many good friends at church, I have responsibilities, what I do truly makes a difference for the other people there. I wouldn't want to give this up easily. I have not come to a definitive conclusion yet.

Only one of the 11 apostles died peacefully. If you were an early christian you were almost certain to die painfully and yet they could not stop the spreading of the gospel.

My point really was, can you truly ask in Jesus' name if you don't believe in the name? Isn't it just words then?

>Who said God was willing to prevent evil?

If he's not willing, then why call him god? There are millions of Christians that have been murdered for the fact of claiming to worship the christian god.

Is it possible that specific religions are more a product of geography, culture and family ties than they are about fact or truth?

don't these two look different as asians?

>if you don't believe in the name? Isn't it just words then?

What words would work then? Do you have evidence to suggest that thinking you know things you don't know actually helps? Why doesn't it work for everyone that does it?

>This is about you and only you, not about "but what if everybody did this"
It isn't though, that's the point. It is exactly about "but what if everybody did this".
> if you already knew with 100% certainty that no-one would ever find out?
Your scenario could never happen, so I don't really see the point.
>But that some form of irrationallity is required for that.
There's some subjectivity involved. I don't know that I would call it irrationality.

If it worked, then wouldn't that increase my belief? Wouldn't I have reasons to believe in Jesus if it worked?

Yes, and?

Yeah, ducks are well designed birds.
And they have a the funny quack.

ah ah! ducks !

this guy looks strangely attractive a lady

So you think God is defined by his willingness to prevent evil?
The bible had said that people would die for their faith. Sometimes "giving your life to Jesus" as some christians says does actually mean that

I like Magritte.

You don't find that the least bit interesting. You don't see any sort of divine intervention, or at least that there is some reason why this was spread. The thoughts of fighting your enemy not with a sword and shield, but with love.

>Even being the most horrific monster in the world is best enjoyed in the context of health and happiness.
Yes but moral is about what means are justified to achieve health and happiness. So either I don't understand what you're trying to make, or you're really not arguing against what I said. How is it "demonstrably baseless"?

>Only one of the 11 apostles died peacefully.

Can a Christian even name them? No, they cannot, because no part of the bible agrees on who they were.

The bible simply cannot be used as a piece of evidence for even a single Jesus, because the Jesus of the Gospel of John is completely different than the synoptic gospels.

There is a Jesus for everyone it seems.

if you think the religion your home, town, city, whatever has it right but the other 6 billion people are wrong you're retarded

There can be no good without evil, so whence cometh good, cometh evil.

because every major religion in one way or another tends to enforce one strict way of worshipping god then trying to find out the true nature. I will believe in god when there is observable and repeatable evidence.

The proof is in the pudding.

It's interesting from a social and historical perspective. Of course there was a reason why it spread, likely many reasons why it spread, but I don't see any sort of divine intervention, nor does it spreading imply that it was true.

yeah.. i like em. they can be silly at times. and that quack eh.... what are they like?
and this one thinks it's using a phone.. but it's actually a banana. silly duck.

It's not a magic formula is what I'm saying. There are no specific words to say.
The bible talks about creating a relationship between God and man, if you truly abide in Jesus then you truly understand what he wants.
Note: this this is my interpretation of these verses

>Yes but moral is about what means are justified to achieve health and happiness.

Yes, morality is objective. It's about consciousness, and the most conscious creatures are the most educated, and the most healthy.

If we can both agree that the most amount of suffering for the greatest number of conscious creatures is probably BAD, then we can both agree that any step away from the most amount of suffering and agony is probably good.

SSSHHHhhhhhh...dude, quiet. You let out about Ding Dong Ping Pong, you'll have Tom Cruise banging on your door to be part of this. I don't want that fucker crazying up the place.

Why dont you believe in the flying spagetti monster?

>In these discussions people like you are always using (obviously retarded) U.S. evangelical creationists as strawmans for your rethorical attacks.

>people like me
>retarded evangelical christians? Nope not just them, all religion.
>rhetorical attacks, OP asked me a question, I gave my answer.

Maybe you should give this kind of answer a rest, you obviously use it whenever you have nothing of merit or intelligence to add.

>It's not a magic formula is what I'm saying.

I think you're implying, or I'm inferring that it is a magical formula, or that at least some form of magic is involved.

Magic would mean that God would break the laws of physics on your behalf. This would be magical, or supernatural, since it is not natural.

The natural world is bound by laws of physics.

cool. i enjoy his work too. but he's real. was hoping for a fictional artists discussion. but your input is most welcome tho user.

>It isn't though, that's the point. It is exactly about "but what if everybody did this".
Is it? How so?
>Your scenario could never happen, so I don't really see the point.
It can to some extend - say someone drops their wallet in the sidewalk before you and they don't notice. I would hope you will agree that it would be more "right" to give them their wallet instead of keeping it for yourself. But then again, is that the rational choice? And even if the only reason not to keep it is because you fear someone *might* notice, does that make it any better?

Yeah, his heart medication was in the bag but he couldn't get the pills in his mouth.

I prayed to the 'God' when I was in clinical depression, and so was my only friend. I prayed to him not to let her do anything stupid. I prayed each night so that i won't wake up in the morning. But I had to witness all thr horrors of the day everyday. I saw her (my friend) with cut wrists and burnt fingers (it was her way of selfharm).
Motherfucker never answered, so now i hate him.
I still have clinical depression, but my friend stoped selfharming after therapy sessions.

this

I want one too.

Einstein believed in God

gahahahahahaha

Agreed:

Penn Jillette spoke well on the two: youtube.com/watch?v=4_WKlttKRDw

Think about it any thing we imagine does come ture conceptually i mean. e.g. Our movies always predict future technology. I think the idea of god was planted evolutionary

I'm saying you need to enter the third realm of consciousness to access your own inner god

Aka ACID or Shrooms

Nope. He was pretty clear he did not believe in god.

Even so, even if a notably intelligent person believes in a god, how does this suddenly make it true?

I was referring to the "think about Noah's Ark" image. It's edgy, but if you're gonna tell me its not strawmanning that we can end the discussion here.

As to "rethorical attacks"; I hope you're not too offended by me metaphorically charactarising a discussion as combat. You made an argument, I think it is fallacious.

>enter the third realm of consciousness

OK, prove there is a third realm of consciousness. Problem solved.

he believed a a personal deistic god. not the christian one

has anyone every tried a white russian? it's just milk and vodka right? what is it like?

Think about it once sims 100 comes out we will be gods of our own universe

>Is it? How so?
Because it's literally what we are discussing.
>I would hope you will agree that it would be more "right" to give them their wallet instead of keeping it for yourself
Yes.
>But then again, is that the rational choice?
Yes.
>And even if the only reason not to keep it is because you fear someone *might* notice
It isn't the only reason. You additionally do not want to live in a society where people do not return wallets, because you might lose your own wallet.
>does that make it any better?
The motivation to perform a morally good act doesn't particularly matter. I very much doubt the child with cancer is going to care that the person who donated blood to them did it to try to get laid.

Even if he did (and he did not), so what?
He was simply one step up from a math teacher, all he did was math, what's that got to do with anything?

A lack of demonstrable evidence, coupled with a severe lack of swords pointed to my head.

THIS.
I'm not an aunicornist, an a2+2=5ist, or an aBugsBunnyist. Being labelled an "atheist" is offensive as fuck, and the word STILL gives undue credence and unearned legitimacy to the concept of "theism."
Just because a character in a work of popular fiction has resonated with people, it doesn't preclude that I'm obliged to label myself in the context of the character, anymore than you or I would label ourselves aharrypotterist.

it was sad to hear that kieth had died

sims are allready technically alive

bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks3/science/organisms_behaviour_health/life_processes/revision/2/

Arguments are not attacks or warfare but the foundation for civilized societies, you obviously don't belong in one.
The only strawman argument that I have ever been interested in is; If the scarecrow had no brain then how did he manage to remember all those song and dance numbers?

You could be agnostic about whether you think light is a particle or a wave, but you really could not be agnostic about whether or not there is a god.

Both atheists and agnostics are open to evidence based reason for a god. If there is a god, then atheists would simply refuse the evidence that supports the claim.

I read the Bible

i think idris elba would make a good james bond

Cheggers plays pop now forever, naked and in heaven!

>but you really could not be agnostic about whether or not there is a god.
Why not? You are an agnostic about whether or not there is a god if and only if you do not know whether or not a god exists.

>If we can both agree that the most amount of suffering for the greatest number of conscious creatures is probably BAD
That we can not agree on. When I was talking about health and happiness, I was talking about one individual, not for all humans together.

It is I think the baseline, that everybody wants to be happy individually. Why I should sacrifice a bit of my own happiness, to ensure that others are also happy, even though technically I can't even be sure they exist, is not obvious to me.

Seeing Idris drive an Aston Martin around London without getting stopped by the Met every five minutes would be the most tricky part.

he does... goodnight sweet prince.

FUCK YOU

yes, thank you mr boyle

seems a bit harse

>So you think God is defined by his willingness to prevent evil?

So, shouldn't there be a single benefit to believing? What you say is in stark contrast to biblical promises about prayer.

How do you diverge from biblical teachings about the power of prayer?

Is this partly why there are 41,000 denominations of Christianity? because some believe in one kind of Jesus that answers prayers and bends the laws of physics on their behalf, and other groups believe they're on their own, and Jesus simply won't help them, but they might have to die due to their believe anyway?

harsh

yea but fuck you, check out my dubs Cred Forums

Do I believe in any of the nonsense gods that people have come up with? Absolutely not.

Do I believe in the possibility that a god or god-like figure could exist? Probably. The physics of the universe are way too convenient for there not to be something.

Do I think we have any business talking about it or discussing it? Nope. There is no way in hell that any of us could even remotely conceive of some entity that has god like powers. Anything that we or our machines could come up with would not be anywhere close to what may actually exist. It's like the cartoon character trying to prove/disprove the cartoon by using logic from within the cartoon. It's just pointless.

But they aint sentient yet. Once the singularity happens will we all have our pocket Universe. Maybe we can even be like a jesus figure and walk inside the universe with VR. Could be possible in the next 70 years

three boobs? friend or foe?

I knew it!
A fellow Britbong!

Did you hear that Mark E. Smith died recently?
I wanted him to be my dog.

dirty slam piggy

When people act as if no one intelligent could believe in a God, to me at least, come across as small minded which is ironically what they would say about religious people. I'm not a religious person but to dismiss the ideas of billions of people and think you know better is surprisingly ignorant for people so concerned with their intelligence.

are all scottish cops rangers fans...? is this the proof?

Plenty of intelligent people can and do believe in a god. I would simply argue that they have not properly applied their intelligence to that belief, which appears to be supported by the reasons that intelligent people have given for why they believe.

>Why I should sacrifice a bit of my own happiness, to ensure that others are also happy,

This is the definition of love. It is when you put someone else's health and happiness before your own. Think about that the next time you do something kind for someone.

We don't need to all love one another, but we should not be creating that misery and suffering for each other. Moral mandates would include being happy as an example to others, doing things that make you happy, such as hobbies or other activities that involve helping others to be happy.

There is good reasons to be happy and smile and be kind to other people. This is a project of human and animal consciousness.

Yes, there are differences near the peaks of happiness, like which makes more people happy? is it art or music? But, this is near the peaks, when you're no longer worried about health, not worried about your physical safety, not worried about where you will sleep tonight.

Human happiness is measurable, and some cultures support misery more so than they support happiness.

she should have known that those arms could no longer support her frame

>You additionally do not want to live in a society where people do not return wallets, because you might lose your own wallet.
But other people will still give you your wallet, thats independent of how you behave in that situation. And thats what I mean, it is not about "what if everybody did this". Why should *you* be good?
>The motivation to perform a morally good act doesn't particularly matter
I'm not so sure about this one, but maybe you're right.

I love my son and daughter. Even if they hated my guts, I'd still put a roof over their heads, I'd still feed them and destroy any motherfucker who attempts to harm them. Just like any loving parent would. If I were to let my child die from neglect or because they didn't give me the love I gave them, everyone would acknowledge what a gigantic piece of shit I am and would want me dead. Why is it so different when its god? Because its god? Bullshit. Thats a really vain and selfish philosophy. A real loving god who really does see us as his children wouldn't be that vain and selfish. The reason why so many people dont believe is because of insufficient evidence. He relies on us listening to some ancient book that was written by humans. Excuse me, God, for not believing in some shit that people said thousands of years ago. Maybe if humans didn't have a vested interest in lying for money and power, maybe I'd trust in the bible. But I can't. I can't trust people. If you expect me to believe in you only through what people say rather than using your powers to finally give us an answer, then please don't be mad at me for not believing in you. Its not my fault. If god really is worth trusting in, I know he'll forgive me for not believing in him. Im not a bad person. I never killed anyone, id never rape anyone or steal anything from anyone. My only crime, according to 95% of humanity, is that I dont believe in god. Is that really a crime worth burning for eternity over? If it is, then there is no reason for me to devote my life to some being who only cares whether I believe in him or not. I'm just gonna enjoy my life, man.

This is how we know that prayer is not an act love. It literally costs the person nothing. It does nothing and it costs you nothing to do it.

It is not loving, unless it costs you something.

why should I

I think you could make an argument for their sentience

"Sentience is the capacity to feel, perceive or experience subjectively"

In Sims 4 sims react to different things in different ways depending on a combination of their character traits so they have a subjective view of the world and act accordingly

is this the correct use of a condom? should we even be using condoms? discuss here.

>My only crime, according to 95% of humanity, is that I don't believe in god

Your only crime is that you don't have and use the right nouns and verbs

>is this the correct use of a condom? should we even be using condoms? discuss here.

You won't find good answers about spaghetti filled condoms in any holy book that I know of.

> Muhhamad claims to have seen god in his visions
Believing him makes you muslim - One religion
Believing in Jesus "son of god", makes you Christian - another religion
Believing in Abraham makes you Jew - another one

Are we questioning corrupted religions or God ?
How is that the same thing ?

> Where is proof that Jesus Christ existed?
In my understanding, Romans have left writings that they actually shut one guy down about 2000 years ago, aybe named "Jesus" and I don't say it was "son of God". Moreover I m not historian and I do not detain those writings.
I believe there are more historical proof that Muhammad actually existed (he basically conqueered a significant part of the known world - which left some records), but I m not saying he was a prophet.
And of course there absolutely no proof that Abraham or Moses where actual people.

> Nobody knows if there is supreme being.
Quite true, but then, again, nobody knows if there isn't.
If you care to follow the believer's "reasoning", they don't say "there is", they say they "choose to believe there is" a god.

> I believe only what I can see.
That's Saint Thomas ;-)
In my experience, Sciences have helped to prove countless times that things are quite different from what we see (or rather what we tend to deduct from direct sight).

> Because he doesn't care for us.
I don't care about you as well, do I exist ?

> he shouldn't be praised
Yeah, but maybe praying's not for God, but more about ourselves.
Humans tends to be egocentrics, is that God's fault ?

>But other people will still give you your wallet, thats independent of how you behave in that situation.
It isn't though. Everyone is going through the same thought process. If I want the best possible outcome, I must choose to be good. That's even before you get into systemic effect that giving the wallet back has to reinforce the idea that everyone should do so.

Looks fine to me. What did he say that was grammatically incorrect?

hmmm... okay. could scientology be helpful?

in the past people have commented that jane's right breast has a pimple... but i can look beyond that. can you?

tawk to me

To be honest, it all boils down on how you define god. Nowadays we have discovered so much crazy shit in theoretical physics, like all this quantum stuff, paralel dimensions etc.
So, much mind blowing stuff that seems more fantastical than anything any religion conceived of.
Always remember, reality is stranger than fiction. Fiction is written only AFTER the fact. In other words: anything we ever conceived of; probably exists somewhere. Otherwise, how could of we had the ability to conceive them?

The pimple doesn't bother me as much as how saggy they are.

who doesn't love a bit of bully?

>has never experienced one-sided love
Get off my board normie.

>Belief in Abraham makes you Jewish
There's a reason why Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are called the Abrahamic religions
>Roman records exist proving Jesus was real
He may have been a real person, but his significance is debatable
>Can't disprove god's existence
You can't just say that god's real because you can't disprove him. That's just not a reasonable argument and you can say you believe in anything and, technically, no one can disprove it.
>Human nature isn't God's fault
He created us, according to you. So everything that ever happens is his fault

what a load of crap

i honestly don't mine the sag. but if they had no mass and looked like spaniels ears then that could be an issue. but thanks for your input user.

it has khaula too

Basically, you say "there is a god". I say "can you prove that". You say "no". So i say "well i don't believe you then". Simple as that

mind

i see... thanks. any good?

Because he gave us free will

According to the pope:
This use is valid & far better than to use it for sex.
If you do use it for sex, you're a bad person.
If you do sex without it and you are not married to the person you do sex with, you're a bad person.
If you do sex without condom with the person you are married with but you have AIDS, you are a bad person.
and no doubt the Pope is a good person.

No! You are crap.

i really like citrus air freshener. but its hand to find... any ideas?

Any system capable of making a tragedy or genocide morally good is a serious danger to humanity.
If a genocide was Gods Will, would it be morally good or immoral evil?

this picture is silly because it looks like there's a penis inside the package. but in actual fact it's only just a sausage.

i watched this but didn't care much for it... it wasn't bad mind you, i just didn't care for it all that much.

> He created us, according to you. So everything that ever happens is his fault
Damn ! I'm glad I put in the front notice that the buggy code I made that it was provided As-Is, just before it crashed your computer.

Not me fault pal, you should've check the licence before use.

If you cannot find it it usually in the root of the project under the name "LICENCE"

Which god?

Deist here. Good gave us reason, not Religion.

i hear that if you drink lots of pineapple juice it make your cum taste better

Ive been meaning to watch it, is it worth a viewing?

Tbh I think the Pope is a complete corruption of Christianity, no one has a greater connection to god than any one else, no one can get you to god but Jesus. John 14:6 I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. This one verse in my eyes tears apart Catholicism

does anyone remember that, will arnett was in the sopranos?

> There's a reason why Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are called the Abrahamic religions

They're all technically jews, except that the jews in Israel believe that the descendancy of Abraham is a ethnic stuff rather than a spiritual one, but that's a minor point.

The Bible can be used to support or counter anything... I use it to support my wobbly table

i guess... in it, liam neason, instead of fighting albanians... fights wolves. if i remember correctly it has a post credits scene... so watch out for that.

martin keown?

do the wolves have his daughter? or a close relative?

>You can't just say that god's real because you can't disprove him. That's just not a reasonable argument and you can say you believe in anything and, technically, no one can disprove it."

I won't say "god's real", nor would I say "god's not real", could we meet in between ?

People use religion to justify economic social and political goals, such as what's going on in the middle East, these terrorists killing in Allah's name are not real Muslims and have corrupted the faiths representation in the media. Allahu Akbar is now synomous with terrorism where as it means glory to God!

thoughts?

no, not really. they do seem to have the upper hand for large portions of the picture tho.

but you can though.

with CLUB SAUCE!

Your body misses some vitamin because such a vitamin exists.

Do you miss living forever happily? It's because it's possible to live like this.

Every human being feels the lack of a god or idol, this explains so many religions and ways of trying to meet this need, so God exists.

this seems to be a strange image doesn't it...?

>strange
Me last familly sunday lunch ?
How strange ? how about yours ?

Or, because we have an animalistic urge to control our environment, as we have grown mentally, we interpret this urge of control as some sort of "meaning"
And we assume this need for meaning comes from a higher power, but it is in fact comes from within. It is the same urge all animals have, we're just the only animal evolved enough to reflect on it.

Looks like two brutha's stumbled into a Roger Waters film.

Just saying you can be a man of science and believe in God, it's not incompatible

*John Waters

>we're just the only animal evolved enough to reflect on it.

Right, never heard anything about it from my dog.
Huh, maybe cos' he can't actually talk..
Huh, maybe cos' when he barks I keep telling him to shut up...

jim said not to worry and that he would fix it for me.... jim didn't fix it.

>two
I might be wrong, but looks to me the "brutha" with green hair & a big smile is not as white colored as it seems.

>offensive
>as
>fuck
this op. this is why.

this one is funny because it's a vs p but instead of fighting to the death they are playing a board game which does not require you to fight to the death thus making it funny.

how can love be given if the receiver doesn't want it? We are not children of God by default, he has no obligation to defend or help us. We are just his creations.
The bible says you become son/daughter of God once you believe, i.e. once you consent to wanting to know him. What worth would the relationship be if it was forced upon you?

Which one?

You jim's wife ?
My wife keep telling me the same things.
Help me: how to fix this situation ?

>Being labelled an "atheist" is offensive as fuck
Should we just refer to atheist as "people who don't believe in God"? I find the short hand quite useful in an everyday conversation, this is just super hardcore PCness

Catholicism is so wrong man, just search

one sided love isn't love, it's just sad

>He relies on us listening to some ancient book that was written by humans.

You wanted the book to be written by whom? horses?

How did noah get two penguins on the ark from antarctica into the middle of the desert? (Predumably noah redided in the same geographical location as otgers mentiobed in tge bible) also, show me anyone named matthew,mark,luje,john fuckin steven whatevs in raghead country in times around chrusts era.
I think believjng jn thevexust if gid us to some believing jn fairg tales and a vast majority of peopke expecf tge human race to move on with more factual nitions so the whole loaves and fishes and coming back from the dead is scene as childish and fanciful in todays society

>No one comes to the Father except through me. That being said to a kid in the backroom of a church is basically what explain the very reason of all the clergy and the religion.
I guess your tears comes from you experiencing it.

I believe in one God, but then I believe in three. I’ll believe in any God if they'd believe in me.
– Leonard Bernstein MASS

>an all-loving god would "test" his creation and punish those who failed his test, even though he could just contrive it so they never commit evil acts in the first place

sounds legit

"Do let Willy play with your hair."
– William Somerset Maugham's secretary to Gore Vidal

Noah also took two unicorns aboard. Didn't find out until later that they were gay.

one-sided love is just as sad when you tell yourself you don't love a person just because they don't love you, just because it'll never feel good doesn't mean you don't care for the person. However you want to see it, one-sided love is definitely something that exists.

There's no arguing a definition. Call that love if you want but to me it's not really love

The final proof of the nonexistence of God. The argument goes something like this:
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. QED"
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
– Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

If you post fake news you are losing

Marking the doors should prove their faith