Look for the answer in Wakanda

the ship would get torn apart by the tidal forces of the warp bubble AFAIK

Thoughts and prayers.

Spice

sheer willpower

fusion is the most realistic tbh

we need FTL travel tho

log(nth) to the nearest star system.

FTL isn't feasible if the object being accelerated has mass.

jump really hard

Has no gravity so it just floats and floats

FTL is generally not light speed, typically people say you need to bubble space-time around you in order to achieve ftl status,

this

u canwarp spacetime with enuf energy.

You're right, it's Faster-Than Light after all but the amount of energy needed to compress and contract space, isn't something we can achieve. You'd literally need to be able to harness a black hole in front of your vessel and an equal mass behind it.

but it is estimated we need like the mass of jupiter in dark matter or antimatter, cant remember which one.

There was a video yesterday i watched by Austin in GT. Starting to like him more than gay matpat. Lots of lift but he never mentions thrust.

space friction

Look up Issac Arthur on youtube, if you can get past the autismal sound of his voice, he's got pretty decent content.

He he peed a little

the stupiddrive! nothing ever propelled like stupidity

the fact is is that that's the only conceivable way to traverse space quickly based on modern physics.

Gravity is a time gradient; your feet experience time faster than your head does. you need to slow down time or hasten gravity.

Actually they did some calculations, you need the mass displacement of Jupiter to move a spherical displaced space time, however the math says if the displacement was oval in shape; you'd only need to displace the amount of mass of the voyager space probe.

>Gravity is a time gradient
Got a citation for that?

Where did you read this?

youtube.com/watch?v=2_4l5_G3dnM&list=PLIIOUpOge0Lv2jCm7LnYBiRYAPvxHyuWL

I was watching cosmos
both were from degrass tyson;s show.

i cant remember specifically, saw it online once and saw it again in the science channel. It's pretty interesting. logic goes like this, instead of "fighting" space time in all spherical direction ; instead just a ring around the craft.

so, with all the current theories, how close are we?

which methods are you talking abut, some are father away than others

thing is is that these can only be tested in 0G.
as soon as we get a fusion reactor in space. or a nuclear one

Dmt

I mean, how close a re we to FTL, so the most feasible, I guess.

its only theoretical right now so no telling

Miniaturized unmanned probes to Alpha Centauri and other nearby stars using laser propulsion/solar sails seems feasible within our lifetimes. As for manned missions... that seems far in the future

or just explode on arrival

Put a big turd in space. That'll do it.

We could do it right now with enough brute force...

Not even sure that with brute force we could come up with FTL travel. We could get rid of chemical rockets however which would be a GREAT step forward.