What's up Cred Forums

What's up Cred Forums
Want to critique my photos?

Also bored so will talk to anyone who wants to join this thread.

Where all these photos taken within biking distance of home?

So far

Could have been good if it wasn't chopped

So much fargo

Shit.
Try-hard pretentious crap.
This isn't bad. need a wider lens to see the top of the building, and get more scenery left and right. Basically, your proportions are good, you just don't see the full picture.

This set was all taken within the same area.
I didn't have my wider lense on me :( sucks that the tip was cropped

Movie brick

better w/o the tire tracks

Thanks for your input. I thought the original was p good, care to tell me why you think it's shit so I can see your perspective?
Yeah eh? I actually quite like the tracks, not every day you see someone drive onto a lake.

Spek engish :)

I like them. I like pictures.

Worst 1

:)

These are all photos of regular things everyone sees every day. Not really that interesting. Apart from the first 2 photos, there aren't any new points of view on things or photos of things that people want to see.

Come on now, these are Google Street View tier photos.

Liked

I like happy pictures too by the way..

I think that's my biggest problem. I don't take enough photos of unique angles or perspectives

Practice more, you'll get it someday xixixixi :)

Decent can for under 200? Don't want anything special.

I like this photo alot.
Hopefully one day :)

Also anyone else can share there photos in this thread and I'll try to critique to the best of my abilities.
Hopefully other anons will also critique them

Sorry?

Me too and I'll check.

Best 1 so far.

Can under 200 buks

You want to buy my picture?

If you frame it

I would prolong your shutter on the dark ones. Put your cam on a tripod if you haven't already and use a shutter. I don't like seeing you in the image (assuming that's you), but that's my own thing. The background isn't very attractive as a whole.

Out of focus and you don't see the plain entirely. If the plane was intended to be the background, there should be something of focus in the foreground. And the Bell boothes are just not that interesting to look at.

I guess it isn't terrible, just not into that kind of photography. It is a composition that fits your lends better than your other pictures.

Just not interesting. Your background is cut off at the building, not wide enough for a "long shot," and your road takes up too much of the composition for having no real depth or purpose. Why did you focus on the road? If I have to ask this question, you're doing it wrong. Especially if the intention wasn't the road.

I don't know what you are trying to show here. The corner? The buildings in the background? A wider lens would help a bit here, too. I mean, if you have a thing for roads, than this works, I guess. But if your photo is trying to tell a story, I don't get it.

Get lower, wider lens, less tree on the right. Prolly would have to move forward to the edge of the (pond?). Throw a fake duck in the lake and wait for some wildlife to show up. Makes for a good action shot when the fly in and skid across the ice.

If you want to talk more dm me on Instagram.
@onlysnaps

Almost got stuck. I was looking for new pets

Dont know what DM is

Had a nightmare where people where in the bottom of the hill. One of the rocks was lose and whole hill went down. That was last night :(.

>I would prolong the shutter
My tripod wouldn't go low enough :( I had to put my camera on a bag, but it didn't work and still came out blurry. I'm going to buy a gorillapod knockoff though I think.
>plane out of focus
My shutter was like 1/1000 I think. It was so hard to freeze the plane, maybe Ive got to start practicing using manual focus?
>Just not interesting
Yeah man I've really got to start thinking of different perspectives or different angles. I've seriously got to start doing more reading I think. I focused on the road though because it leads you to the bridge. I should've aimed the camera a little higher so you could see the building.
Pretty boring photo Imo. It's just rocks nothing really interesting. Seems like you have the same problem as me lmao

Ye

I don't get your obsession with roads.

That dude is funny, but your composition is off. Shutter speed needs to be faster.

Roads, man. Roads.

Need to see more of the bottom. Very unbalanced imagery.

I see what you were trying to do, but it was the wrong angle.

Just overall don't like. Remove your car and try again, unless there is a reason for the car.

Not bad. Out of focus. Also would benefit from a wider lens.

Back up further and try again.

Don't like at all. Nothing to see.

Kind of cool. Focus is off again.

This one I like. Good foreground and background. This is an image where everything in focus is beneficial.

Out of focus, but interesting.

Wider lens or lower to the ground. Wait for a pedestrian to be on the left side of the road to help balance the imagery.

Composition is way off. Out of focus, too.

Are all these photos taken digitally or with film? What are you using to process the image? Software? You can fix some of these issues in post.

Good thread maybe OP isn't fag
Bumperino

Too high. Or not wide enough.

This looks accidental.

Cool building, but you need to back up or get a wider lens.

That's nice. Don't know if you already cleaned it up, but if you sharpened the image a bit, I'd say it was quite comfy.

I see what you are doing, but you need to be further away or have a fish eye lens, then process it to flatten the photo out.

Not bad. Cut out some of that snow at the bottom and repost.

What camera and lenses are you using?

>I don't get your obsessions with roads
Lmao idk why I just love taking photos of them for some reason.
>needs more of the bottom
The bottom was fenced up.
>car
I thought the car was nice cus of the reflection. That was the only reason loool

When doing long exposures how can you improve the sharpness/ focus? All my long exposures were done with a tripod except for the first two...

Also the camera I'm using is canon rebel t6.
Lens range from 18-55mm (kit) /50mm 1.8/ 24mm 2.8
The fucking aps-c factor on the t6 though so every lens I have is multiplied by 1.6.
Also the software I'm currently using is snapseed. I don't have a laptop atm so have to rely editing using a phone software.
Will buy a laptop once I git gud

>When doing long exposures how can you improve the sharpness/ focus? All my long exposures were done with a tripod except for the first two...

are you using the timer delay function?

I like these.
And these i like too, long exposure is awesome!

>Critique
I would try and find a theme and a subject and stick with it, taking proportionality, angles and centering into account.

Keep trying to outdo yourself and draw from the work others have done.

>The bottom was fenced up.
So this is called a compromise to justify making a bad image. If you can't make it look good, don't do it. Because if you are hired by a client, and have to explain why it isn't 100%, then you're fired. Never explain your work.

With long exposures, a tripod and trigger shutter does wonders. If you have to push your button with your finger, you move it ever so slightly, which gives a fraction of a second of blurring. The shutter trigger is usually electronic, and won't bump the camera. You may also simply check your focus. NEVER TAKE A PHOTO USING AUTOMATED SETTINGS. EVER. Who is telling you to make a good picture? You, or your camera?

This photo is kind of cool. Would like that wider lens again.

No but I have a shutter attachment that I attach to my phone, so I don't touch camera when clicking the shutter.
Holy fucking shit dude is that your photo? How long would the exposure need to be to replicate that photo?!

I'm blown away

No, it is not mine. Thought you would like it though : )

Take many long exposure photos on a stationary tripod, edit by reducing opacity in stacked layers... I think.

Yeah I don't shoot in p mode, only shoot in manual.
That's true though dude, if this was paid work I'd be chewed up. I have a shutter attachment but some L.E are still blurry. Could it be that my lens are dirty or some shit?

More than likely

not sure the features of your specific camera, but if it has a silent mode or electronic first curtain, you could try that. Or a mirror lock-up function. Or try shooting from live-view mode. All this can prevent some of the mechanical movement, thus lessening vibration.

*of course you could use a traditional camera with a *10:00 exposure. Or whatever it takes for the lights to cycle.

My shitty editing software right now can't do that. I'm gonna write it down so I can practice once I get Photoshop or a proper editing software though.
Feel free to post other photos too. Im always looking for things to get inspiration from.
I've got live view, don't know about the other ones or what they even do lool. Will google them later on and see if my camera has those features.
I have no beep mode though don't know if that's the same as silent lool

Cool photo, but you should brighten it up and see more detail in the trees. Throw some varying temperature on it too.

I agree with the theme comment. If you like roads, research photographers who do road photography you really like. I would even google photos that are close to you so you can go there and physically recreate the image. So many pictures are made because of the lens. Photography is a very expensive hobby since the best glass are usually over $3k a piece.

Also, just so you know a bit about me: I was a cinematographer for 10 years before I got out of the game for a lucrative manufacturing gig. Just wanted a change of scenery (dealing with clients is way too stressful for anyone's good). Won many awards. My most expensive glass used was a $20k Zeiss lens with an elaborate hood and filter system. That ran another $15k on set up. I, however, would rent this equipment and force the cost onto the client. Ran about $400 a day with a 2-3 day rental. That being said, one of my first awards won was on a piece of shit AF100 with a 25-150mm zoom lens. It was a horrible combination. But I learned how to set my settings, adjust my lens, find its strengths, and I beat out the competition using Reds. They even tried to hire me after the ceremony. With practice, you'll do fine.

I'm gonna try and practice that composition tonight and once I can do it find a sick ass road.

Okay, I posted here too.

This would work with digital if you have the option to set very long exposure rates.

Doubtful the lenses are dirty. Just keep practicing.

Got that street feel.

What the actual fuck is so interesting about that one particular spot those cameras are so fixated on?

Take photo again, remove the guy, remove a large portion of the left side of your comp.

Sometimes an interesting subject can do away with a need for an interesting setting.

Awesome

Sounds like quite the accomplishment. Care to share your favourite photo you've taken?
I know man photography is expensive af. My 1.8 & 2.8 lens cost me a total of 180, and I got lucky since they were used.
Some lens I want though are like 4k, so not gonna buy any of those until I'm positive this is a hobby I'll enjoy, and hopefully once I get good I can make money from it.
Any tips on making money?

Nature is beautiful from most every angle, so lighting and focus are the only concerns most of the time.

Those cameras are just props haha they don't work. Some building just had a shit ton of them on the side for some reason lmao.
Fucking breath taking. Wonder how long they had to wait for that shot.

Compilations over time can make for a great finish too.

>silent
some cameras have the ability to do the shutter electronically instead of mechanically. and some cameras call this silent mode, since it can take pictures with zero mechanical movement

>Any tips on making money?
Don't ever stop talking to people. Don't ever stop letting them know you can do a better job than what they currently have. Go to mixers, go to parties, and keep updating your portfolio. If you do a ton of work, make a monthly portfolio. If you get 3-6 clients a year, make a yearly. Always enter competitions. Awards a great for clients, useless for you. If that makes sense.

I'm not fond of putting my name on Cred Forums. Gonna have to pass on that. Sorry :(

what aperture do you shoot at?

Those colours are rally nice. Red and green always work together, such complimentary colours for one another.
Can any user tell me how to achieve this photo? I feel like you would need a low iso and long exposure, just don't know what apperature this was taken at.. Apperature is one of many things on my list that I need to work on

It ranges but for that photo it was 5.6.
I suck at apperature though, starting to get an understanding of it but it's still basic af

A good contrast between light and dark with vibrant colour is almost always eye pleasing.

Just did a quick google search on the photo. Max Rive is the guy who took it. Not sure on his settings. I just did a quick search, though. If you dug deeper, maybe you can find his camera and lens settings. I'd be willing to bet it was a Nikon or Canon camera with a decent glass, heavily treated in post to separate those colors.

Perfect framing. When i take photos like these I'll be so satisfied
This lighting me of that scene in lord of the rings where Frodo goes minas mogul. Eerie vibe

The right lens can turn something ordinary into something fantastic

>5.6
try going higher and seeing if it improves the focus

also, what lens?

Thanks dude will research it when this thread 404
Lena definitely help but I think it comes down to artistic view or getting certain angles.
That was the kit canon lens, then 18-55mm.

I almost really like this one. You should redo this one but make sure that clock is perfectly vertical and completely in frame. If you can get higher, do so. Otherwise, get a cheap fish eye and practice with one of those, then edit it in post. It is easy to make things look good when the subject is already in good, artful taste.

hello roberto

Simple editing techniques can change everything.

>That was the kit canon lens, then 18-55mm.
youre shooting a shit lens at or almost wide open; you will get blurry pictures. definitely shoot a higher aperture

bad bokeh

It's neat OP, the fucking shitwits on the photography board will probably try to make you feel like hitler for even considering uploading it... but its cool..

seriously, if you think Cred Forums is bad... photography board can go fuck themselves with a barbed wire pole. just hope its recorded so they can call eachother pieces of shit while they kill themselves.

Yeah almost all photos I'm posting now are at f5.6-3.5.
I've recently started getting a better understanding of how apperature is related to sharpness so hopefully will see improvement next time I go shooting.

That is true, having a view in mind helps you seek your perspective, but it cannot change your subject. Do not force it but instead try to capture what it is in the best light possible, a compromise between your original vision and reality.

There are mathematical formulas you can learn to help you choose the best vantage point as well. For example capturing a rainbow in mist knowing the angle which light defracts.

I spend alot of time on /p/ lmao. I been chewed up a few times haha.
I like /p/ though, I've learned so much from that board.
Happy you found my pics neat :)

This photo was back when I would shoot st 6400 iso for night pictures and I didn't know long exposures can allow you to drop your iso.
I think it's a meaningful photo though

This photo is amazing

I know I tried some of the math shit but I'm not a fucking math wiz unfortunately so yeah :(
I'll get better with experience though and I always take in feedback people give me.
Feedback has improved my skills Soo much man

Yeah editing can improve your image so much.
Such a cozy feel

How was the sun still out at midnight?

The Earth is tilted at 23.5 degrees, creating different lengths of day at different times of year. In the far north and far south there are times of year which the sun never sets and others in which it never rises.

Goodbye, happy shooting!