RN

RN.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

aafp.org/afp/2004/0315/p1417.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus
emedicine.medscape.com/article/1058826-overview
careers.soundphysicians.com/ShowJob/Id/1390192/Nocturnist-NP-Positions-Available/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2686891/pdf/jcn-5-11.pdf
hindawi.com/journals/ijoto/2016/2830157/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What do you do for work?

Do you think Medical Laboratory Technician is a good career track in terms of pay, benefits, time off, etc.?

is there any drug that would let me rape my sister without her remembering

^my post, also forgot to add in California

My head feels like I have brain infection or cancerous tumor.

Have you ever done a self IV drip? I’m about to try myself. Little nervous

I currently work on a pediatric floor that primarily handles patients with congenital respiratory and renal issues. But I have two years of experience working med/surge. For lack of a better description, that means taking care of random shit that puts people in the hospital - chronic or acute.

Were you in my mental breakdown thread about an hour ago?

My initial thought is, you're better off going for an RN when it comes to pay, benefits, time off, etc. It's better on all counts that a lab tech. That said, it's a completely different scope of work. Less gross, less stressful, less people-management and I can definitely see the appeal for some people. To be honest, more like MOST people. Nursing is not for everyone and I don't say that to flatter myself. You have to really want to do it to deal with the literal and metaphorical shit.
No. I know nurses at different facilities who have done that. If I tried to steal a banana bag for a hangover it would be as risky and as life-ruinable as stealing narcotics. Not worth it.

No, but if you have any questions let me know. My advice may be as simple as, "seek help." But try me.

Oh trust me I know how it is in med/sug, I am a Hospital Corpsman after all, which is why i'd rather do something with less direct patient care.

What does RN stand for?

Come on, man. That tells me nothing, though my initial guess is you have a pimple that you should put some Clearasil from.

Oh I’m in nursing school it’s renowned in my state for being the best and this semester is just destroying my asshole and the clinical placement I’m in fucking makes me even more depressed it’s jsut a shitty floor
I knew everything for one test and the professor just made it fill in the blank and multiple answer and worded it really hard to trick people and I only made a 75 and the one I have in 6 hours I memorized everything and just made a 40 on the pretest I seriously have thought about dropping out and feeling like a failure seriously makes me want to kill myself

Pilanial cyst between buttcheeks,sore,red and hurts to sit. Been there a few days now. What do user?

To add if we don’t make at least a B in the class were dropped from the program I’m in pharmacology and shit like that this semester

Acupuncturist here. What do you think of acupuncture?

Oh, I gotcha. First of all, good on you. That is such a different scope of work but I have the deepest respect for it. You're Navy/Marine Corps? Any interesting action there?
In that case, I think going laboratory could be a good choice. And going that route is like going into "nursing." You can be anything from a minion in the blood bank with an associates to a PhD or MD doing research. In other words, the sky is the limit and within that profession there are so many routes to go.
With your medical background you'd be well equipped to know if that's a good route for you. I've come to respect how no one aspect of the medical profession can function without all the others and in that sense, what you're thinking sounds like a great route to me.
Registered Nurse.

For around a month now one of my hands suddenly gets cold and the other one stays warm and white lines started appearing on my fingernails about a couple of weeks ago, any idea what's causing this and should I get to a doctor?

I had an ingrown toenail and it got infected, it’s done being infected but there’s a big swollen mass of skin and whenever I peel a scab it bleeds a fuckton. What do?

Failure nursing student here, you could have some circulation issues in one of your arms
Pinch your nail beds on both hands and then count how long it takes for them to become normal colored again

should I get my tonsils removed?

I'm going cold turkey off amitryptilene after my doctor snuck it on me to "help me sleep" after I refused antidepressants. I am an emotionless robot. Will I feel normal again?

the same for both hands

Stay strong. Be the man (or woman) who excels in clinical. Impress your instructors and get good recommendations. Network with nurses and make friends when you're on rotations. All you have to do is pass the NCLEX. The hard parts are finding a job, being a good clinician and most importantly, having the same strong professional skills as any accountant, lawyer, construction worker, chef, etc. Be someone who gets shown something once and then can master it; ask questions when you aren't comfortable; put in the time; etc.
And per - pharm is a tough class. Just hang strong. You could read that shit all day long in the book, but as soon as you have a patient on a med, you'll never forget it again. At least that's the way it works for me - I'm a tactile learner versus a book learner. [And it's funny, even as I right that there's some developmental psychology term you learn in nursing school for people who learn via doing versus reading. Can't remember it]
I wouldn't recommend acupuncture over chemo for a neoplasm, but I am extremely open to Eastern and alternative therapies in coordination with traditional medicine.

Is there any pain? Do you have full control over it? What was the time it took to return to color? Do you have a radial pulse on both hands? (Take your two fingers and place in and wrap it around to the side your thumbs are on pic related)

Thanks for the words of encouragement dude there’s just a lot of work this semester I was ready to sudoku a little earlier

I'd be concerned about perfusion - aka blood circulation in your hand. There are many, many things that could be causing that and I would say each of these two things as strongly as possible: 1) I wouldn't stress and lose sleep; and at the same time 2) I would plan to see a doctor sooner than later. Even a CVS minute clinic, walk-in, etc. Someone who could take a good look at it and give you further advice. I feel strongly you'd want to get it examined.
I'd recommend going to a podiatrist, GP or at least clinic if that's the best you can do. They probably need to cut away some of the tissue to prevent ongoing pain, bleeding and most importantly infection.
I'm begging you not to go off cold turkey. Talk to your doctor and demand to come off. Threaten to go off cold turkey if you're that certain you need to be off it. He'll give you a schedule for weening yourself off.
As a nurse and as a person on antidepressants who has gone off cold turkey because I thought I knew what I was going - you're going to feel better and better and better every day after you stop. Then one day you're going to wake up and be ready to on a shooting rampage. You owe it to yourself to do better. If you tell your doctor you're coming off with or without him, he'll tell you how to come off with him by weening down.

Two questions.

Should I go back to school for medicine, 25 business degree. Or keep trying to make it in the finance world?

Second question- I have osgood schlatter and it’s starting to be chronic pain in my knee and ankle, what should I do? I don’t think my insurance will cover it. Then again I haven’t checked.

no pain, it's just uncomfortable, I have no control over it it just starts and goes away on its own, the pulse is the same in that little vein on both hands, don't know how to pinch my nail beds, lol.
If I put pressure on the nail then it goes back in less then a second, if I press on the sides then it goes back almost instantly if I press the top then it also goes back in less then a second

OP here. THis guy is giving pretty good advice. If you dont' have any pulse, it means you're doing it wrong. Your hand would be black, necrotic and in need of immediate amputation if you didn't have any at all. To clarify his point, you want them to be the same count - the same number of beats per minute.
Hang in there man. Every day you need to wake up and think about all the work you put in up until that morning. I worked behind a desk for 12 years before going back for a second career and I can tell you that you/we are heroes for doing this.
I don't mean that because I look at myself and think that. I say that because I looked around and said, my god, nurses are heroes and I want to be one, and then I became one. I wasn't born one, I - like you - did it because I wanted to be like people who already were. I don't know you, but I know that's why you did it too.

Just a random but I mean if you’re gunna be a medfag you’re looking at however long it takes to do the prereqs if you haven’t already so maybe 2 years? Med school and residency probably another 6-10 years if that’s what you want to do go for it just be wary I read they have a super high depression and suicide rate

Sorry I meant the medical field in general, like nurse, PA etc. although people have told me hospital admins make bank and do lots of great stuff for people.

I experience occasional 5/10 stabbing/shooting pain in my (what i can only assume) shin area. I feel like it is the Tibia at most times yet it's not always just that area, was wondering if I had shin splints? I run fairly often, at a 8mile pace for 3 miles at a time about 3-4 times a week on the treadmill.

Also I’m not the type to kill myself, but I do get depressed often. I joke about mortality a lot though

I take 30mg of Adderal daily. Will I fry my brain? I am 6'4, 195lbs, male

I have nipples Greg, could you milk Me?

Can you set me up with a job?

Same.
Stay comfy in those scrubs brother, and don't let the charge talk smack

It's your choice. I can't really speak to "medicine" assuming you mean physician. I have as much respect for physicians as nurses (no more, no less, pretty much topped out) but it is a scope of practice that is not for me. The easiest way I can put it is, if you are a mystery solver; a figure-outer; a diagnoser, medicine is for you. If you are into execution, assessment, education, nursing is better. If you're not into either, I'd stick to another field. You have to be passionate in either field.
To be honest, I don't know too much about Osgood. I'd keep it iced and elevated when you're having an exasperation, but a doctor could give you much better and more specific advice.

Learn the difference, bitch!

And if you're a nurse in SoCal, what's your majority of the chicks? Latinas or philipinas?

Where's the most common place that nurses/doctors/staff have sex in a hospital/clinic?

Can't diagnose or make too informed a guess without assessing you in person. But surely, that could be shin splints. I'd recommend seeing a doctor because it could also be signs of a stress fracture or other chronic issue that could potentially get ugly. If you run like you'er describing, I presume you like it. Don't lose it because you don't take care of yourself.
Also, I'd recommend going to a good shoe store, describing your situation and seeing what kind of running shoe they describe. I used to have a lot of knee and shin pain from running; i was checked out at some foot locker-tier random shoe store by a salesman who knew what was up; he hooked me up with a pair of saucony's that were fitted right and I felt much better afterwards,

PS to everyone, sorry for my unreassuring grammar, spelling, etc. i'm on my phone. I'm usually more articulate.

my blood pressure fluctuates between 140/100 to 100/60. highest was 165/118. doc is playing with meds. how worried should i be? i put myself on a low sodium diet and taking chantix.

Thx for the advice, I've been needing to get better shoes for a while and I even got some new ones a week ago but i still feel this pain. It really sucks though because I have a Marathon coming up soon and i still have this random pain :/

I refuse to take them any more. They make me slow, sluggish, aggressive, angry and violent. I already want to fuck stuff up. I don't trust my doctor, he told me they were to help me sleep, otherwise I would have never taken them. They keep me awake! They give me nightmares! I've quite antidepressants cold turkey just fine before, but I absolutely refuse to put any more of that shit into my body.

I'm on the East Coast. It's chick of all types; white, asian and black. Guys are rarer. I'm a Jew and there's a lot of Jews and black dudes where I work, but it probably varies.
I'm older and married. A lot of the chicks fuck cops and paramedics because I think they understand what we're up to better than most "normal" people. I talk to my wife about it and she's supportive but i think it freaks her out - especially since i deal with kids. She didn't get my med/surge gallows humor, but that's diminished because that isn't as much a thing with kids. Shit is just plain sad and not funny at all.
As far as fucking on site - there's no kids around; people fuck on dates and at home. I work in one of the largest East Coast cities, and both of my nursing jobs have been in major facilities here with cameras and all sorts of security. It is not worth destroying your life fucking on site, especially when you can fuck some kinky nurse in public somewhere else. (and yes, nurses are kinky and slutty as fuck. i wish i was still single when i started this)

I've encountered a fair number of nurses due to heart failure and I reckon they're awesome people. My own daughter finished her nursing degree last year and has just become a RN, I'm super proud of her.

What was your gpa / scores when it came to college? How about tips when it comes to fleshing out your application? [spoiler]I'm thinking about becoming an RN myself, so any tips are super helpful[/spoiler]

Fuck and I messed up the spoiler

furuncle.
s. aureus infection.
stick with your limited scope of practice, please.

Benzo withdrawal after six months high dose use, feels like i'm on meth 24/7 what does antidepressant withdrawal feel like?

You're doing the right thing. If you're younger - say, under 40 - I wouldn't be acutely worried, but i would definitely be concerned and continue to make an effort. A diastolic like 118 (lower number) is quite high. It WILL fuck you up in the long run, but also your smart decisions and taking care of yourself WILL make a huge difference. It's a burden you carry and sometimes you wont' be able to dig into a massive piece of pizza like another person, but you CAN and WILL be normal if you play by your rules. My advice would be to get an electronic BP cuff; experiment taking it when you're resting, busy, eating various things etc. Figure out what triggers major elevations. Sometimes you can pin it down pretty tight and not cut out as much stuff because some of it is extraneous. Also, lose weight, excercise, etc. I don't mean be 165 pure muscle and run 25 miles a day. If you're 225, get to 200; if you sit on your ass all day, make a point of going for a good walk. Modest but sincere efforts pay dividends.
I'd check in on those shoes soon. It could get you through that marathon with better support. Also, I'm very into backpacking and camping. I wear SuperFeet. I think they make insoles for running also. Like 50 bucks but they are better tahn any shoes you can put them in (and also, you can move them from shoe to shoe). Get them soon adn break them in before the run!
Well, I can't stop you from stopping cold turkey. All I'm telling you is, you have my word of honor you're going to get fucked up way worse and feel way worse than you've ever felt if you stop cold turkey. Take it or leave it - you're not my patient.

>What does RN stand for?

Refreshments and Narcotics.

Sure is rookie and underaged in here. Not a true RN thread.

Thanks man to both of those replies I’m feelin a lot better about it Nursetard student again I got in with a 3.9 and my gf got in with a 3.0 it’s easier depending on semesters if you keep applying and maybe retake some classes if your gpa is super low and do well on the teas you’ll get in
As for career afterwards depending on what school you go to some hospitals will want you immediately

Like my college is paired with a huge chain of hospitals so when we graduate they’re like okay you’re going to be working here right? We’re only allowed to do clinicals in their hospitals etc

endocarditis. or maybe low albumin. or you're asshole. whatever works.

find it on here: aafp.org/afp/2004/0315/p1417.html

He would have a ton more problems if he had low albumin right? He’d had huge edemas (fluid swelling) everywhere and all kind of shit

My brain fog is immediately gone. I can type better, with less mistakes. I don't want to throw bricks at cars anymore. I don't implode and feel rage for months on end, I deal with a situation, and get over it. I start feeling less of a robot and more of a human. I can process feelings normally.

On antidepressants, I sleep all day, am suicidal, grumpy, abusive, antisocial, non caring, feel nothing sexually, can't get a boner, can't even think and solve simple problems, and the list of side effects.. Amitryptilene has reportedly given people hepatitis.

Benzos however, no chance of stopping those. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and I refuse to stop benzos. They help me.

To get a better understanding of antidepressants, and what they can do to people in the long run, watch Unedited Footage of a Bear, it's on youtube.

I know my body.

bp guy here. everything you said i'm doing. limiting my diet to 1200 mg sodium per day. pizza? yeah that's out the window. it's ok, i live in pa. pizza fucking sucks here. i have a bp cuff, check twice daily. i started taking my meds at night b/c of the side effects, which is why i think it's low as shit in the morning, and high in the evening. i slowed my drinking, smoking is almost done, and i have a doc appt this week. if nothing changed im gonna join a gym b/c walking isn't getting it done.

o. 38/m.

The health care system has been ruined by big government and insurance companies

Knowing this, where can I buy the medications I need?
Any online pharmacies?

like you're going to die. because if not tapered correctly, seizure time and death!

shit advice. stick with health promotion.

labile BP tells me you're not taking your meds, or you're smoking crack, or you're dealing with a pheo

Ask your peds doc about Osgood's. It's not really good.

Nice! Good for her. My dad deals with a chronic illness and getting to know his nurses was a big influence in my life. On the HF front - wishing you the best. (I'm sure you've learned how well wishes from strangers can fix you right up, haha)
Oh God man, sorry I can't be much help. I had an undergraduate degree in International Relations from 2005 with a GPA of 3.2. But none of those courses counted for shit when I had to go back for pre-reqs etc. Because I was seriously motivated, and more importantly seriously excited and interested, I did average close to a 4.0 on my prereqs - keeping in mind I really was taking one or two at a time as I worked full time. I really put everything into them and tried to enjoy them as best I did.

I ended up getting into a very good but NOT great nursing school. And like everything else, it was much more what I put into it. My school (don't wish to disclose) had a good reputation because we did clinicals in a major urban area with great hospitals.
Long story short - i'm not sure if you're 18ish and thinking about going in fresh. For htat, I don' thave much advice. But if you're thinking second degree - go to community college, really try and enjoy it, feel yourself becoming educated and smarter, make a point of watching youtube videos for fun of anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, psychology, etc. Get some solid grades. You'll be in business.
Alright friend. You'll have to send your grainy, meaningless pictures to another internet doctor for accurate diagnoses.

list hx, meds, your bmi, you smoke, etc

no need. no need for an lvn online to be misdiagnosing potential MRSA abscesses, either.

You're an RN, yet you post the symbol for Pharmacy.

Here's a question for you: Are you fucking retarded?

Thanks anons!

Smoking or caffeine before can also fuck with your BP readings is it the same arm every time? Keep a close eye on it idk if the doc told you but over 180 top number is a big time emergency
Nurse bro should this user be worried about weight changes/edema/chest pains and all that or is that more towards heart failure type stuff instead of just hypertension

Yeah, also encocarditis. He wouldn't be complaining about a little weirdness in his hands. As you said, he'd be bloated as fuck, in respiratory distress, chest pain, all sorts of fucked up.
Nice man. You should take pride in that. You WILL get results. Also, just stick with your doc, keep a log of your BPs for him. There are many tweaks he can make - and usually what they'll do is put you on several tiny doses of different drugs than increase the dosage of what you're already on. Find a cocktail that works. Collecting information about your behaviors and numbers is the smartest thing you can do. I have a lot of respect for you for taking those steps - first of all it's hard as shit, and I cannot tell you how few people put that effort in.
Politically, I agree with you but I'm not going to answer that or endorse that type of shit.
I feel like there was some good health promotion in there haha. I'm on Cred Forums not the floor. Sometimes i feel like supporting realistic, incrimental behaviors (which, by the way are the best i get 99% of the time) has a better long term outcome than taking a critical approach no matter what someone does. Compared to what 99% of patients do where I'm at - inner city Philadelphia - this guy is lance armstrong.

Hi, what's wrong with my dick?

Real Nigga

actually the modern depiction of the caduceus is as the symbol of commerce...

here's a scholarly source:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

medcine, nursin', they all use it wrong.

at least the ambulance drivers got it somewhat right

personal history, bp always ran lower than normal, family history unknown (adopted) lisinop/hctz 10-12.5 once daily, bmi no idea, quitting smoking

i hear a lot of people saying Get your thyroid gland checked. they said this to my friend who is underweight, my aunt who had problems with idk some other shit. I wanna say, i hear it a lot.
Should people check their glands/hormone levels?
Can hormone levels affect concentration and basically all cognitive functions
Ive also heard loads about derealization/depersonalization and testosterone problems.

that's the general symbol anyone in the healthcare field uses.

stop trying to be edgy.

I am on my phone lying in bed and typed "medical" into google image. What can i say?

>Compared to what 99% of patients do where I'm at - inner city Philadelphia - this guy is lance armstrong.

So your patients eat horseshit? Thousands of miles away at a L1 on 30 hours... people do that here too.

Also - by inference, the patient is a fucking fraud liar? That's rich. Patients never lie.

You masturbate. Didn't you listen to your momma. Also, it's ugly as fuck.

>Nurse bro should this user be worried about weight changes/edema/chest pains and all that or is that more towards heart failure type stuff instead of just hypertension

He's all over the place. I'd be think'n bout dem kidneys 'n sheeet if I was him.

>Politically, I agree with you but I'm not going to answer that or endorse that type of shit.

ur gay

is you black? how tall/wt?

what is your medical history?
does you got a family member or brotha or something that gots real medical like problems?

acei/thiazide is rather low. what else is going on? come on - tell me da truth

They look like unfortunate foruncle spots I had 2 on my ball sack but I removed them and washed really well down there and they haven’t come back and I haven’t gotten more
Just give height and weight we got you also how many packs/ciggys a day?

Alright, I figured i'd hang around having fun, making small talk till the jerkoffs rolled around and got really angry for me posting the wrong icon from google images. Gonna read and go to bed.

Mandatory disclaimer to everyone - especially the guy with the MRSA I misdiagnosed as a pimple - any advice given in this thread should not be considered a substitute for a proper in-person examination and diagnosis by a licensed physician.

Night guys.

no- waking up to a britney spears tweet and shitting yourself... then skiing down a slope last in a group of 12 after endless hype on television, and eariler in the day posting a pic of your ass on a snowbank... then kissing your boyfriend on international television - that's gay.

Would you suggest someone get in the nursing field? I've always been interested in healthcare and I enjoy helping/taking care of people.

way off. get some 20X magnifcation on that shit. also, read. shut up. read.

emedicine.medscape.com/article/1058826-overview

Night dude thanks a lot for shooting the shit with us that comment about nurses being heroes actually changed my mind about dropping the program and really pushing to get through
Back to the feet cuck ig fap log threads boys

>and I enjoy helping/taking care of people.

please lobotomize yourself if you ever catch yourself saying this shit again. for the sake of humanity.

do a job that inspires you to be more than a selfish prick. there's your answer. not the beauty pageant runway whore canned response.

I have no medical advice on what that was I’m a baby nurse we covered cocks for like a week in my first semester I have yet to learn about it I was just saying what it looked like to me relax I’ll give it a read

Cred Forums - Random
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

nothing on here by anyone posting should be deemed as direct medical advice or an assumption of doctor-patient, nurse-patient relationship. it's all entertainment ONLY. for any concerns, please see your primary care provider.

Nothing really inspires me besides music, so I'm kinda fucked career wise. I've kinda narrowed down my two career options to nursing or teaching. I've thought about something CS related because I think I have the right mindset for it, my attention span is just terrible and I don't think I could stand to code all day long.

what did you cover them with?

so what kinda nurse are you? give it time - you'll sleep like shit for a few months FYI and know nothing until at least 3 years.

You could've just said that you ski to prove you are gay tho

>my attention span is just terrible

common in young people who grew up with an electronic device in their hand. no regulation. get counseling and a medication as prescribed. focus on your music if you love that. you will never regret that

Maybe I'm just looking for excuses but my life did drastically go down hill the year I got internet access in my home and the only time I can seem to do anything that requires my attention is when I have no access to any electronics.

This is a something I really don’t recommend at all but I fucking cut them out it was really painful but I didn’t want a doc seein my willy they were like little rice grains then I just stayed on top of keeping it super clean

I’m a student nurse I’m really hoping to get into the ICU and maybe be an anesthetist down the line if I can not fuck up my last few semesters and yeh that’s what all the nurses have been saying that I work under at clinicals
That the whole program is just teaching you to pass the nclex and you learn on the job

Dude no doubt these fucking phones and computers have got people fucked up I seriously believe that not to sound like a grandpa or anything

Alright, this is OP back for literally my last post because I saw this. That was what I used to think, then I did it. It is a disgusting job; it can be thankless; I have watched adults and I've watched children die; I have done things that physically hurt people to help them; and done all other manner of hard things. I always looked up to nurses, and I thought doing something like they did would give my life meaning. I tried it out and it did. For the right person, I wouldn't just suggest this career - I'd emphatically endorse it.

I said it before, but again, it's the best way I can put it. You have to look at nurses and think, "my god, they're the best." Then you go out and emulate them. Even as a nurse, I still look around at nurses - some who are even less experienced than me - and admire them and think, "i'm going to be like this person today." That's where I derive my pleasure from. It's not self-satisfaction - it's satisfaction in living up to the standard of other people.

Honestly, in almost any profession, you can feel the same way - whether you're a musician, an engineer, a construction worker, a server in a restaurant, etc. It's really more general advice. Look around at who you respect - who you want to be like. Then be like them. You'll never be awesome at something by just trying to be awesome. You have to see people you respect, then emulate them.

I have an itchy cock for the past three weeks. Does it look alright?

go to bed. also, get your specialty certification. get an MBA while you're at it. that or stay pushing stretchers at 60. your call.

i'd be more concerned about a fat pad that makes that mons pubis look like mons olympus

Sup, I'm a real nigga as well, what set homie?

Nurses do way more than what you think they do bro it’s actually pretty mind boggling I’d say good ones are close to the same knowledge level as doctors

I'm also a RN (neuro icu) going to school for family practice if anyone has any questions

yup, and army medics with our shit tier training are still expected to do more

Do nurses ever give prostate massages to make the patient cum?

quite a shift. you might hate primary care.

Experienced BSN-RNs active in their discipline and contributing to EBP are amazing. The rest of your statement is absolutely incorrect.

Some of them are doctors. That's why "doctors" are actually called Physicians. That is what rightfully and deservedly distinguishes them from an English PhD or a fucking chiropractor.

Quite the opposite, I hate acute care but its better than most RN jobs.

Lol. Is that what army medical think? It's funny you mention that because incidentally, the only person who washed out of my program was an army medic. I assume you won't believe me but that doesn't really matter for my real life laughing purposes.

From my experience, nurses are easy to get into bed. Caring pros or why?

I'd love to have a nurse handle my cock

Damn. I'd love to get in the neuro ICU. That's a sad place though. As it happens I'm never worked that unit but I know it quite well from when my dad got a massive spinal resection due to chordoma. I met some of the most impressive nurses I've encountered in my life up there.

well imagine a new admit. one that doesn't have a big straw in its mouth and .. oh my God - talks!

imagine having to see 30 of those a day. and chart. and bill. and other office shit. double the pay, still hassle. why not AGANCPBCGNPP-BC or whatever the hell acute care NP is now?

Well they are surrounded by sick people and other women all day so it’s pretty easy being a dude in nursing school you get hit on all the time I’m fuckin ugly as shit but I’m muscular and kind of funny and I slay they just throw themselves at you it’s pretty fucking sad

Underrated post

Because im trying to stay away from procedures. I learned early on I hate doing IVs so doing centrals or art lines would be a big no for me. I'm eventually looking to become a nocturnist NP and I see postings for it all the time in my area (FNP not ACNP). Surprisingly they make bank and do like half the work

It's a tough gig and outcomes are almost always never good if they make it to our unit

Hospitalist work is insanely difficult. Many friends of mine are IM docs that rather do that than assume million dollar front loan to open a practice or join a group of douchebags that want to shift liability.

Also, please look at this sample from an amazing group:

careers.soundphysicians.com/ShowJob/Id/1390192/Nocturnist-NP-Positions-Available/

I believe it. Sometimes I fantasize about going back to the hospital I did my maternity rotation at and working in the well baby nursery. I used to like the sad shit because I did, and still do to some extent, like seeing the other side of the curtain in life that basically nobody else in the world gets to see. But it eats me up.

How do i make sure i die in my sleep

>Running codes
That always gets the blood pumping.

yours or theirs? lol lol

Thanks for the link but where im from they are specifically looking for FNPs and honestly im not set on anything at this point. I just want to get my graduate degree and stop wiping asses and running codes

Die before you wake up

>RN
HAHAHAHA. 4th year medical student here. Let me know if you have any questions.

>about to graduate and shit his pants in residency as nurses prevent him from making countless medical errors
No prob doc

Haha, seriously. Like an officer candidate making fun of a sergeant major.

I'll more than likely match into an integrated plastics residency, I won't even be speaking with nurses.

laughs at someone with a license. is a bloated useless student that is the most dangerous person walking the wards. useless as tits on a bull.

also - another IMG that'd be lucky to land a physical medicine spot in duluth

With an attitude like that thank god
And yes you will CRNAs are nurses too

you won't even make it out of your transitional with that attitude. enjoy scut for two years until you wash out into pediatrics

Yeah, can you wipe the patient’s ass down the hall so I can do the actual heavy lifting here?

you talk like a tiny little chink or worse, a dirty indian with penis envy. either way, your attending will soon crush that ego. best of luck to you. wasted eight years of your life

Wow. You think there's no nurses in that field? Jesus, you are going to look back on this in a few years and think about what an ignorant twerp you were.

Also
>More than likely

Is your husband in jail for stealing the flag yet?

I go to a top 20 US MD program and scored a 260 on my step 1. Suck my cock faggot.

>degenerates into a rn vs md shitfest
Welp im out boys peace out

Test

shut up cna and do what you're told. no one cares about your pathetic drama

nah, that's more your speed. doubt you can past CK and go fuck yourself student. if i ever consult with your sorry ass, i will get you fired.

More than likely because the match is still the match. I'm pretty confident though.

lol get a load of this poser faggot. another premed douche.

>I'm pretty confident though.

based on absolutely nothing.

Stfu cunt

MS4 that hasn't taken Step 2 by March of graduating year? That's a paddlin'

I can tell the nurses what to do. It feels good.

LOL you're going to interview really well, Pajeet. No one wants you.

how many medications are you on? you can't even run your own life lol

I don't think you understand the ACGME

see

I’m with you on this.

I meet some intelligent nurses. Most don’t impress me worth a fuck. NPs are usually better (some really impress me) but RNs? Fuck ‘em. If your job can be done with an associates degree in the medical field it means I’m making you clean asses.

Late to thread. Ringing in ears. Not officially diagnosed with tinnitus. Depression, anxiety, stress, ocd. A bit overweight. No exposure to loud noise. No drugs/alcohol, except lexapro. What’s my prognosis?

This thread has gone to shit.

I'm white but thanks

It feels good to give my diagnosis an actual term like sarcoidosis rather than roundabout describing the diagnosis like you have to do.

audiogram and low salt diet is standard, see ENT and make sure you don't got more going on.

samefag lol

>shit

(You)
(You)
samefag lol

almost

Why the low salt diet?

this faggot can't even describe wat fibronectin is without the googles. please go fuck yourself. for the sciences.

water follows sodium

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2686891/pdf/jcn-5-11.pdf

hindawi.com/journals/ijoto/2016/2830157/

Please see your PCP and get a referral. Sooner than later.

Hospital Pharmacy Tech here, why do you assholes never look in the fridge or the patient bin for meds that you know are coming from us there? You all message down or call down asking where it is and almost every god damn time when we ask if you've looked in the bins you say no and then you actually go look and magically it's fucking there. And why do you fucks constantly break the med stations? They're made for a 10 year old to use and you constantly fuck them up.

I mean what does that have to do with tinnitus?

not just a faggot, a same faggot.

>Let me know if you have any questions.

why are you such an insufferable faggot?

ah it got tough so you got going?

what to do about it. since you're lazy - go see your provider. shit.

because fuck you. that's why. also stop sending vanco smashed in the tube and impossible to open, thanks.

I love myself so I won't subject myself to needless stress

You sound jelly brah.

see

you can change the tone of your speech but you're clearly the wannabe starting shit earlier.

>I love myself so I won't subject myself to needless stress

medical thread.

this comment.

LOL

So tinnitus is caused by too much salt?

can worsen the effect of the RIIINNNNNNGGGG

also, get tested, please.

What does this being a medical thread have to do with it? That's good advice, avoiding anything needlessly stressful

Maybe it is the memory of a phone call?

4 of those posts weren't me faggot. Also, I'm not a fucking wannabe. Even if I were to wash out I'd still end up as a general surgeon. So once again suck my cock you fucking scrub

Working anywhere within 25' of a hospital induces high levels of stress. Assuming a role bedside whether healthcare provider, nursing, pharmacy, allied health, or otherwise, just adds to it. Double this if it's an academic trauma center. Quadruple if still in residency.

I'm a RN working in a ghetto inner city ED. My ER is a warzone even on a good day. Most of my patients are homeless all are poor. Probably half get all of their primary healthcare in ED's. There is a city bus-stop in front of the entrance and its the way most of these people get here. Highest acuity worse staffing situation. Best job Ive evr had. Love going to work. Nursing is a fucking tough job- the nurses are called to their profession not recruited.

You've never even had your cock sucked. No one would respect you enough

Floor nurses are the dumbest people you will come across. True nurses work in the ER.

Because you lazy fucks never get the meds to us in time. 0900 meds should not have to be given at 1100 because of your break schedule.

Like I said you piece of shit fuck, you won't get many interviews, or many rounds therein, and if some place is desperate to fill slots, you will not make it through transitional. I've seen many of you end up doing nothing near medicine five years out. You better wise up like right the fuck now.

Hahahaha, you're so fucking jelly.

This is true but still, give them a break. They have too much ancillary shit to deal with and managers worse than fucking family members. Also, fuck ICU nurses. Figuratively and literally. Useless.

Fuck rehab nurses the most. Serious fucking retards.

No - you're scared. We can smell it. You should be.

what is a gait belt? is it like compuuter?

Amen brother/sister. Reports to floor are more interrogations for reasons they can weasel out of taking admitted ER patients. Though admittedly they have a truly shitty job.

why you fuckers always scheming to jew us out of pain meds?

shit hurts negro

You actually think that this is how I conduct myself in the workplace or in an interview? I know how to play the fucking game all the way up until I'm an attending. Administration can suck a dick too.

What is the likelihood that the log in the backseat is going to survive? What is the first thing to do when he gets to the hospital?

EMT-B ED tech here. What should I do with my life? I've worked ER for four years and i'm already burnt out. Only debt I have is my cheap af mortgage.

"can you call me back in 15 minutes?"

.... phone drops, sound of person running and laughing.... call bells ringing like it's christmas

I'm confident in my own abilities, have fun wiping asses and following orders.

Why the symbol for the god of commerce?

because i don't like wasting 50 mcg fentanyl

you have no idea what awaits you if you are anywhere near a medical training program. people wiser then you ever will be can figure out your deepest faults in 20 minutes. and trust me, they'll exploit it to see what you do. in a simple anonymous Cred Forums thread filled with garbage, i've figured you out. go back to SDN. you have a lot of growing up to do or you don't. either way you're shit and we both know it.

>shit

get paramedic. get on with major municipal fire service. get a real job. all the best.

DOS. Dead on shit.

You don't have any abilities, student. Stand behind the red line please - in fact, if you're not essential personnel, GET THE FUCK OUT

Yeah, I'm sure you know a lot about shit.

I have fucking tinnitus. I’m scared now. Tumor?

Don't you have a YLYL thread to fuck up?

>Lazy fucks
>3 techs for a 600 bed hospital to make, pull and deliver meds to the entire place
>get it up there in time and you still wait till an hour past its due to time to get up off your phones to give it, but expect it to be in your hand magically and not in the machine where it's fucking supposed to be, call us, we tell you where it is for the umpteenth time and you still get pissy with us.

And why the fuck do you never transfer patient-specific meds with the patient? Are you too busy on Amazon looking for something to blow your money on that you'll throw away in a week to get up off your fucking ass to take it from the machine? And when someone gets transferred to you and you can't find the meds, why can't you fucking call the unit they were at before? Jesus titty fucking Christ

Is hiv more common than people think?

Just get it checked. It's most likely trauma or congenital but get a proper exam. Ok?

So the "student doctor" is now throwing up Nikki Sixx shit log memes. What a time to be alive.

>then you
You're shit tier education is showing. Fuck off to bed 12, Mr. Johnson shit himself again and needs to be cleaned up.

because the tube system is down. and the other pill fell on the floor. it's ok - he's been living with a systolic of 194 since last March. we're good.

its 0530 you pedantic faggot. that's all you got? why am i talking to a student?

oh yeah. 1 in 3 don't even know.

makes fun of "then/than"... by using "you're" and not "your." what a fucking loser. you're going to love residency - i remember guys like you. you end up disappearing off a parking garage or back to daddy and the "family business."

Why am I talking to a nurse?

op im a nursing student, realistically how hard did you study per day/week? Im struggling as a dude because its all maternity stuff atm

You're not. Leave.

Because its your fucking job asshole. I realize counting pills and delivering them promptly and to the correct place is a lot to ask of poorly educated tech level niggers. Some of us are doing life saving work and don't have time to waste because its too hard to take 1 pill out of A. bottle and send to B. bin. Christ at least your pharmacist understands professional responsibility.

suck my cock

i push my fingers into my eyes

No thanks fatty. You're a fucking joke. Bye

Stop arguing in front of the patients, you're stressing them out

I've been waiting for the contract optho guy to show up! Welcome!

Did you reconcile the Pyxis issue from 6 months ago? I saw the form somewhere at the nurse's station underneath my charts but I think I threw it in the trash along with dinner.

I'm dead lololol

Yeah apparently some dude with tinnitus can't hear shit and another needs an HIV test. Someone take the student down to the morgue for a bit.

also how much do you depend on the pca/cna/techs to do the work? how is the communication?

why do you use the wrong symbol to represent medicine?

This thread has more fucking drama in it than an episode of General Hospital. Holy shit. I should get paid to be around this shit.

>how is the communication?
apparently pretty bad, lol

Scrubs was a pretty good show

its the only thing that slowly stops the ache

I had sex with this girl, her pussy was so good it gave my dick goosebumps. It's been 2 weeks and the goosebumps won't go away, what do I do?

dunno essay, best go the ER at 5pm on a Monday and sign in get that shit scraped.

I push my fingers into Andy's ass
It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache
His logs are made of all the things he has ate
Jesus it never ends, his log works it's way inside

what are your opinions on the travel nurse career? im thinking i want to go that route

I hope by travel nurse you mean traveling to vans warped tour to meet up with Andy Sixx

Its 3am and i cant stop peeing out of my asses

good but plan it out. stressful but good pay. complicated life

consult dr. rektim from GI and find out why pt has multiple asses

Asses you say...hmmm sounds like a case of bronchitis, I suggest some amoxichillin

Of course the Indian guy is a gi doctor

how much of the stuff in class do you actually need to know on the field? im really worried about remembering all this nitty gritty mumbo jumbo like teratogenesis and acromion process shit

what is in you school are you for?

ambulance?

don't be a beta, augment that script.

regular associates rn. im a year in the program

Nothing, get good at placing IVs and giving meds.

well, yeah, you need to know where the shoulder goes and what a TOOMAH looks like so yeah, look at the pictures and do well at the multiple guess quizzes

you gotta be fucking kidding me, really? im gonna be so happy if thats the bare minimum.

that wouldn't be a problem if
did his fucking job.

the quizzes get really hard when they ask gray area questions that pertain to communication with patient and feelings, im pretty much a robot and cannot human.

go to telemetry. get used to saying "i don't know."

Nurses do not need to exercise critical thinking. Just keep an eye on vitals and if shit goes south phone the physician.

absolute horseshit

Real Nigga?

Keep telling yourself that.

also, can you explain to me the difference between beta 1 and 2 agonists + antiagonists
like what they do to heart rate, rr and bp
shit has been confusing me since last semester and no doubt its gonna be on my pharm exam on tues

keep telling yourself you'll get into residency lol

>my job to transfer the med that was delivered 6 hours ago to where the patient was at when it's stated in hospital policy it's the responsibility of the nurse for that patient
>my responsibility to continually remind you where to get the fucking meds even though it hasn't changed since we got the piece of shit Acudose machines years ago
>my responsibility to remind you when a medication is due and to give it on time so the patient doesn't die while you check the latest tweet from whichever Kardashian is your favorite of the day
>my responsibility to tell you when the patient is coding because I happen to be walking by and notice that the alarms are going off in their room but none of you lazy fucks feel the need to check on the patient
>my responsibility to continually remind you how to read the goddamn electronic MAR so you can actually tell if a med is loaded in the piece of shit machine you guys beat up on then complain never works because you pulled the drawer off its tracks

Nurses are the fucking laziest pieces of shit fucks that exist. I don't know how more people don't die from their fucking incompetence on a daily basis.

Medfag here, look up Raynolds syndrome.

1 heart 2 lungs agonist is GO antagonist STOPS

gas or brake on the systems that go or stop. fifth grade explanation.

someone couldn't get into nursing school

Good luck when all those weekly narc discrepancies catch up to you and you get randomly tested with oxy in your system and fired.

rofil - you again?

fyi - it's raynaud's syndrome. not reynold's wrap

You are fucking retarded and have no idea how the match works. Have fun making a sixth of what I'll make and cleaning up shit. Should have done better on your MCAT bitch, sorry.

nah causes my shits to slow down. not good.

fuck your discrepancy reports. go finger fuck a glucometer or take an hour to stock the aspirin bin in the pyxis just out of view of the camera.

oh that actually clears a lot of things up, thanks m8

you're fake. we all know it.

Will my toe ever grow back?

Why don't you carry SixxSkat bars in your vending machines?

This faggot will never be a physician. Ignore it.

Keep telling yourself that nurse.

>implying I want to be in the same field as you lazy fucks
>implying I'm not going to pharmacy school in the fall
>implying I'm not going to start out making nearly triple your salary
>implying I'm not going to shit on you when fuck something up and almost kill someone for the third time today

Not if your diabeeetus remains out of control. The other piggies will join it in heaven, soon.

Well I graduate in May so suck a cock.

You gotta strike the match

>>implying I want to be in the same field as you lazy fucks
nursing student here again, are nurses really that despised by doctors?

Keep jerking off, student. You are literally nothing in the field. You are the short coat walking last in the line. That will not change. Bye.

Don't you love how fucking delusional these scrubs are?

... and yet you haven't passed Step 2. That or gotten an interview. LOL. Fake faggot.

No has die of beavis. Crushed in a car accident. My piggies are all ok in their homes. I just want the biggie back. :'(

You're not even in the same line nurse.

no just some faggot sperg with ZERO people skills that thinks he will be a robotic surgeon at a magnet hospital.. bitch won't even get a residency with his personality.

Wtf are you talking about? I just took my step 2 and who said I have yet to interview? Another fucking scrub that doesn't have a clue as to how shit works.

lol... pharmacists make around $110k after 6 years of school/training. a good certified acute care RN can easily make that travelling. fucking joke you are... like the poser student.

miracle-gro

i ate fly eggs. what can i do?

Lol suck my cock you jelly bitch. Go clean up shit.

shit maggots. or a mediocre medical student.

Again, no one has yet to attempt such a feat, nor will do so, you fat fucking piece of shit.

Let me share with you some really good insight: no one on here (or in real life) really gives a fuck about you.

Suck my dick bitch, I love how jelly you are.

Clean up shit bitch

Parking garage. When the stress gets too much. Just before you decide to do so, check in and get some help. It's okay.

Suck my jelly dick bitch, it's covered in shit. I'm a medical student!

Wipe my ass bitch... but first suck my dick!

Whatever makes you feel better you delusional fuck. You go to work and get told what to do. For example, go clean up shit.

Especially an rn who does in home care, like home health nurses. Go from patient to patient driving next to next. My aunt was a nurse who did home health. Company vehicle, paid vacation, health and retirement. Made $93k.

if my piss is super bubbly all the time and i sleep like 12+ hours a day am i fucked?

Oh you delusional little bitch, suck my dick. Fuck you and eat my shit. You're a loser. Shit. Dick. Suck it.

Hahahah clean up shit scrub

your aunt sounds awesome. fuck that pharmacist tech that can't find a fucking thing despite hours to do it.

smells good?

oh also, do nurses get more health insurance than people in non medical careers?

Stand in the back of the room student. In fact, disappear.

Yes for every patient we see we get $50 credit towards our health insurance plans we can use on any pill in the hospital - if

fucktard hasn't lost them all.

Better than cleaning up shit, hahahahaha

check these digits

Suck my dick shit bag. No one likes you. Get used to the feeling.

nah, check mine.

if...?

Im guessing she has better coverage through her workplace. No idea what her actual plan, copay, deductable, etc. was. I do know she never had issues with her insurance not paying for anything. She broke her arm and had to have 2 surgeries to fixing and never once complained, at least openly, about her insurance.

Medfag here. I'd 100% rather have a nurse around than a 4th year student. Or a 5th year student. Hell, even as interns we are pretty fucking useless.

Does this faggot honestly think a resident doctor doen't get dirty at work? Even more proof he is premed or worse, some little faggot bitch high school kid with a cousin in med school

Hahahaha, wipe it up

medical or surgical?

medical - you at least know the interview process
surgical - you won't hold a #10 for at least 6 months and are nothing but in the way and useless around patients.

guys why does terbutaline cause pulmonary edema and hyperglycemia in a mother and tachycardia in the fetus?
terbutaline is a beta 2 agonist and hastens breathing by dilating lung stuff right? what does that have to do with swelling, blood sugar and fetus hr?

suck it up bitch

liver lungs and things that make sugar go up and pulmonary pressures go down. you need to read some more dawg.

I'm aware there are times when I'll get dirty, but it won't be my job to get dirty. Unlike yours where you gotta wipe it up.

Now you need a answer from a actual pharmacist

Had slight whiplash when car spun out presents with slight head pain by right temple when shaking head. No visual deformity, no cognitive loss. Thoughts?

Says the nurse. Stfu, bitch and go wipe it up.

Doctors hate everybody because they think they are above everybody

Nurses hate CNAs and Pharmacy because they won't do their job for them

Pharmacy hates nurses because they always lose shit and are constantly trying to kill people through their incompetence with medications and hates doctors because they are constantly trying to kill people through their incompetence with medications and prescribing the wrong stuff or not paying attention to allergies

EVS hates everyone because they just cleaned that room and now the nurse is calling back saying they need it cleaned again because they moved their new patient into the wrong room and everybody keeps stepping on the area they just mopped and won't move out of the way for their carts

Dining hates themselves

Lab hates the ER because they were just there to do labs on people and now they're calling back again to get different labs on someone they just did because the orders got mixed up

Basically everyone hates everyone who works in a hospital because everyone does stuff that makes other people's jobs that much more difficult than it needs to be.

you're aware of nothing but your own fear of failure which i suggest is something you know well.

why? they may or may not know but can tell you the 5' ring of the amine and who fucking cares

Physician. Worked as a surg reg for a while though, honestly worked a lot harder too. Not an ameri-fag though.