Long post version

>long post version

tl;dr: how should i format file-names? context: i've created a programs pack for myself and i'm thinking about releasing it so i'm thinking about how i should format it; in particularly i'm worried about the file-names being too complicated; and i wish to reach non-tech-savvy users; maybe especially. but i formatted my file-names by time 1st; without releasing it. i don't know. here's example file-names. please give me your honest thoughts. thanks.

>[Time] & [OS] & [Program-Author] [& Program-Author(s)] - [Program Name] [Version, etc.] && [Original File-Name] (Example: 2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 & mozilla & portableapps - firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)
>[Program name] [Version, etc.] & [Time] & [OS] && [Original File-name] (Example: firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english 2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)
>[Original file-name] (Example: FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)
>[Program Name] [Version, etc.] && [Original File-name] (Example: Firefox Portable ESR 45.8.0 English && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)

>original post version

how should i format file-names?

>2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 & mozilla & portableapps - firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (basically time 1st)
>firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english 2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (basically filename 1st)
>FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (file-name by itself with nothing added unless it's a duplicate file-name andor extremely vague and unspecific)
>Firefox Portable ESR 45.8.0 English && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (file-name and version and original file-name)

thanks

Also I know this is a weird question because this doesn't really exist. I just sort of do this for myself and thought that it may be a good idea to share it. It's also somewhat similar to the idea of k-lite codec pack and cccp codec pack; As opposed to downloading all those codecs individually. Also this is not meant to be "oh you have to use these programs and only these are the only approved programs". I'm not trying to impose it or force it on anyone. Again. It's mainly my personal taste and what I use personally and thought maybe I'll experiment sharing it with others sometime; When it is at least somewhat basically decent, presentable, and organized. I'm sort of intimidated to ask Cred Forums; Since everything is so serious nowadays. But I decided to ignore it and pretend it's old Cred Forums and everything is not serious nowadays anyway. Enjoy. -- Also. The poll may not be the final decision. As, like others, I have difficulty deciding myself. But I would like to get a general idea of how others feel that -do- vote. Thanks.

Since the poll that let you add more options was banned for "advertising"; In favor of the inferior poll-site strawpoll; That doesn't let you retro-actively add no options; For no reason. Welp...

I deleted the thread from before to make 4 options. Hope you're not annoyed by all these threads and polls. Thanks.

i made the thread again because there's a tie and it would be nice if this was the tie-breaker

thanks

bumping with tech related stuff for more votes and maybe responses, and stuff...

Mind if I join?

nice doubles

same goes out to the original post

mind if you join?

check this also.

...thanks...

yeah, you're just an anonymous use, but for some reason I want to join...

dumble

well ill check it

c h e c k

I'm a disgrace

I had something I was going to say, but now I can't remember.
There are files that need to be sorted, and we must unite as one and use our minds and think together in order to form the answer to the question that we are all looking for.

the third impact will unite us all :)

Momiji-chan?

checked.

so will my doubles

and yours!

Hmm...¿

I guess it will...

hmmmmmmmm

Stop it. I'm not supposed to think. What are your opinions on organization of file names? I personally believe that there is no one single way to sort everything, but more of an "it's up to the organizer on how it should be sorted."
I'm really tired and can't think if I wanted to. I'm sorry...

> OS
What did OP mean by this? The OS has nothing to do with files.

Also, take your anime shit to Cred Forums

>[program name] [OS] [version]
and cram everything else in the main exe's and/or the installer's property info (or a readme/about?)

I think chemo-kun just needs an excuse to make his threads...

is this a chemo thread in disguise?????