Are you man enough to live off the land like Dick Proenneke?

Are you man enough to live off the land like Dick Proenneke?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cWq_BWP9KZU
youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no. hes a mans man.

Are you Alaskan?

no

I do. I've done the whole living in the woods thing off and on it's fun for a while but just like anything it gets old after a while.

The only thing that I've done in my life that's maintained it's novelty is traveling. Sure it might suck when you're soaking wet and cold on the side of the road but it's worth it.

The only reason I left that life behind is because I wanted to try and make a difference in the world. 7 years later I'm still working a pointless office job and made little impact on the world and doubt I ever will.

So now I'm packing up my motorcycle this summer and heading back out.

Shouldn't you bring a VW van?

youtube.com/watch?v=cWq_BWP9KZU

Why should I if I don't have to

Because it would be an adventure.

There are advantages to motorcycles. I van would be more comfortable but I like to rough it.

Yeah a motorcycle would be better to get to the off road site.

youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

trailer for a motorcycle.

Is it safe to ride one with a heavy backpack?

I can work with wood but my back is trashed, so Id be bear food lickety split

sure I live innawoods already OP

>Are you man enough to live off the land
HEY! IT'S THIS SAME PASTA YET AGAIN!!!

Same with my back. Had surgery a few years ago. Gotta be careful with weights.

You have to balance your load right. it doesn't make much a difference until you're in situation where you have to maneuver quickly.

Shit, i havent had surgery yet but I'll probably have to. I havent even been seen by a doctor yet, been dreading it because my brother blew his back out and had surgery and his doctor turned him into a pill addict so hard he was on like 5 different pills AND fentanyl patches and he fucking died just like Prince and Tom Petty. I dont want to get turned into a fucking addict like that, so ive been dealing with severe back pain that feels like blown disks in my lower back. I cant even sit in a chair longer than 5 minutes without it locking up.... Sorry for rambling

wood is godo

Wish I could do the same. But I have kids to take care of. I've wanted to leave so many times and just send my kids photos and try to take them with from time to time but there is no way I can afford myself, let alone them, to travel across any distance.

get

got