Concealed carriers trying to stop an active shooter is just going to make everything more complicated for police and...

Concealed carriers trying to stop an active shooter is just going to make everything more complicated for police and lead to even more people getting shot

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/texas-church-shooting-resident-action/index.html
quora.com/Has-any-mass-murderer-ever-been-stopped-by-an-armed-bystander
slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/01/02/gun_control_ar_15_rifle_the_nra_claims_the_ar_15_rifle_is_for_hunting_and.html
gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=UG8A3FXhZ_c&vl=en-US
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/feb/14/what-we-know-about-mass-shootings/
amarillo.com/local-news/news/crime-and-courts/2018-02-14/apd-shoots-faith-city-mission-student-who-d-taken-gun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody ever does a mass shooting at a shooting range. Why?

>hands up
>don't shoot
Don't be a literal nigger and it'll work out for you.

But but but, muh narrative

Your retarted. Look what happened at walmart. N9one was running around playing call of duty you fuck.

Correct, pulling your gun out and waving it around would be stupid. Find the motherfucker, draw, pop his ass, reholster your gun and then wait for the cops. What kind of tard would still have his gun out when the cops show up?

So for this reason you dont like guns in people's hands? Fuck you and your ideas.

Right. That's why you stay in one place and protect the ones in your immediate surroundings.

This

sure kid

Exactly. OP is just a faggot playing faggot games trying to bate an argument

Your thought experiment vs statistics that show ccw stops crime and saves lives...

Go back to your Facebook echo chamber

>see guy walking around with gun
>guy is clearly not shooting people
Hey this must be the shooter, let's kill him

Are you retarded?

Chris Kyle died at the shooting range, if he can't protect himself there who could?

Yeah get an epic headshot and log out before the cops show up LOL! Man that would be epic, I hope my school gets shot up soon.

I hope your school gets shot up soon too

What about self sacrifice?
You think I care if I get shot, there's a fucking shooter shooting people and I already decided it's a good idea to try and stop the fuck

>expecting traitors to understand honor or duty

CCW's wouldn't be running around pointing their guns around.

First responders would see that CCW has his gun out but is not shooting at people running away from him. -> Not the rampage shooter.

First responder sees a fucktard shooting everything he sees -> The shooter.

It's not that hard to distinguish.

Me too

IDK, the cops are pretty trigger happy in the US

This desu

Do you not know how to safely engage? When you're walking around, you point that thing to the ground.

Rampage shooter would have the gun up.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

Who gives a shit about dead toddlers ? The US is already over populated. We need to return to 1970s population density

A teacher with a gun can not only lock the door/barricade it they can also use it on anyone who enters with a gun until it is safe to come out(police show up and say it is safe to come out now/the area is secure)
Any student old enough should be able to carry a gun on them to use for their own personal protection but when in at a school should go through some form of training to show proof they won't harm anyone who doesn't need be(to show they're mentally sane and won't shoot another student unless they're truly a threat)

Typical rate of fire of an assault rifle = 600 to 900 rounds per MINUTE;
One: average police response time is 18+ minutes.
Two: average police shootings lasts 12.5 minutes.
Three: average assault rifle fires 600 to 900 rounds per minute.

Conclusion: OP is a massive faggot

Fight back and you might live.

>don't pull out your gun when someone is about to kill you

kek

Exactly how many mass shootings have actually been stopped by Joe Average autismo suddenly turning into Rambo and using his concealed second dick to take out the shooter? Far more likely they 1) piss and cower or 2) miss and make shit worse

A lot actually. It's just never reported massively.

1 or 2 dead isn't that big of a story as "17 killed in DEADLY MASS SHOOTING"

Gotta learn to sell your story.

Quite a few. You don't hear about them because they make guns look good.

This is the most recent story I know of cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/texas-church-shooting-resident-action/index.html

Thank you for actually showing an example instead of talking nonsense about it "not being news". Those two posts above you sound like the kind of tumblr fucks who claim that a tragedy being broadcast internationally 24/7 is being shut out by the media

It's a good story for sure, sad that it even happened but good that those two were there to stop him while they could
It's also a bit off from what you asked though, not a concealed carry nor was were they in any direct danger but they did choose to go out and chase him away. Good ol' Texas still has fighting spirit

None of that makes the cops any less trigger happy

> Durrr i'm too retarded to comprehend how to safely engage a target hurrrrrrrrrrr

ad hominems also don't make cops any less trigger happy
I'm starting to think you don't have a real answer

Oh yes, absolutely! Yknow, despite all the chaos around you, everyone bumping into each other and screaming their heads off, most of them not even knowing what the fuck is going on, as well as you being confused as to what's happening as well. Yeah, in an environment where people are fucking stampeding each other and turning on each other to get the fuck out of there, here you are, the marksman shooter, you're going to not only scope out the suspect in the crowd of hundreds of panicking people, you're going to accurately shoot at and successfully stop the shooter easy peasy. Despite the fact that you can barely stand up after all those people are bumping into your dumbass wanting you to the get the fuck out of their way. No no no, youre right. You're the hero! You're going to know exactly who the shooter is in a crowd of people, and not only that, your accurate shot is going to take them down.

Fuck me, man. Yknow, I'm one who believes that banning guns is a fucking stupid idea. But this fucking romanticized idea that having guns will easily stop a shooting from happening is just as fucking retarded. You aren't going to stop shit. Calm your ass down.

It's almost as if I was right and didn't need a source because Google exists. Use it newfag.

There's also this, quora.com/Has-any-mass-murderer-ever-been-stopped-by-an-armed-bystander I'm didn't read too much of it but this site does seem to always have legitimate info
Good people are definitely still out there that carry just in case situations do happen

Not all cops are monsters

Not that user but guns can be a solution to stopping them, sure you won't prevent it outright but you can have people who are ready to defend themselves. Best idea is to tell people to go in a room, lock it, and have people with guns ready to defend everyone else while they hide.

I'm starting to think you're actually retarded.

How is this scenario any different if it's an armed police officer instead of an armed civilian?

>Not all cops are monsters
I never said cops were monsters, I said they were trigger happy

So, you agree with me, cops are trigger happy

Holy fuck you're retarded. I hope you get shot faggot.

Kill yourself nigger.

I'm the user that actually provided a source and man you sure an ass aren't you. If somebody doesn't know something and you're going to defend yourself using it you should at least be able to pull something up easily since you know so much about the subject. You're being just plain ignorant by saying this

But cops shoot more white people than niggers
Why would you assume I'm a nog?

Because vigilantism is illegal. There is a reason why it is. Whether you like that fact or not is irrelevant. You can't take matters into your own hands because if you end up killing someone by accident or killing the wrong person who you assumed was the suspect, your dumb ass is going to prison for it.

Cops are different. The law doesn't know nor do they care if you are a skilled or intelligent person who practices as much as police officers do. Cops are organized, they have tactics and rules that they play by. You don't. Even if you did, like I said earlier, the law doesnt have the time or patience to care if you do or not. Thats why youre not supposed to do it.

Vigilantism is a crime. Read a book for once, goddamn.

Shot in the back by another trained vet

You keep using that word, but I don't think you know what it means.

Keep wishing, faggot. Sorry you can't come to grips with the fact that you're never gonna be able to stop an active shooter with your fucking sissy gun. You will never be a hero. Youll just be another lifeless corpse who was shot. Keep dreaming though. It'll never happen.

Breaking down to name calling and general stupidity is why people actually prefer reddit sometimes, I hate it just as much as everyone else but there's more people to engage with and the idiots get downvoted/hidden so real conversation can go on
Stop race baiting and just state facts/give a real argument. If somebody doesn't know something then EDUCATE them on it, it's not that hard to do if you really know what you're talking about.

The only way to get anywhere is by truth and education. You only degrade yourself and others by acting retarded.

Liberal logic:

>If there's an active shooter, do nothing.
>Someone else will stop the active shooter.
>Wait until the guys whom I refer to as murderers and nazis - with their guns - to come save me.
>Instagram the event
>harp on and on about gun legislations, and how I feared for my life
>write a book about how guys with guns that saved my life from a guy with a gun should burn in Hell for killing 6 gorrilion black people
>push gun control laws because "Canada has no shootings"
>go to Starcucks and order a grande jizz latte, with extra nigger cum and two Splenda
>sip cum watching rapefugees educate women about culture, by force, with penises.
>remember to stop by CVS to pick up generic ibuprofen for the pain I feel from patting myself on the back
>log on Jewbook, Instafag, and shitter in my Iphuck X phone to contact my band of cucks for the monthly anti-capitalist protest march
>buy Che Guevara mask on Amazon
>suck some dick
>protest
>go home
>see my white parents
>"I wish I was black! I hate you!"
>enjoy a nice evening sucking more cocks in my room

Except that's exactly what vigilantism is. He's right.

No, it's literally not you complete retard. Self defense is not being a vigilante. Stopping a threat in front of you is not being a vigilante. You're the most retarded people I see argue shit and the fact you're so unaware of your own retardation makes me sad because you'll go to sleep tonight angry at everyone who you claim is stupid because you can't comprehend the most basic of things.

When has this ever happened? Tell me some stories about a Good Samaritan saving the lives of strangers with his assault rifle

vig·i·lan·te
ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē
noun
a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

I think the difference here is someone defending themself and someone hearing about the shooting on the radio and speeding over there to take the shooter out themselves

It is not illegal to protect yourself, it is illegal to take the jobs of the police and go out of your way and drive over to your nearest incident and take matters into your own hands.

"Running around with a gun" most cc are not libtards.

cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/texas-church-shooting-resident-action/index.html
I linked this story to another user a little bit ago, it's from a shooting that wasn't that long ago.

>he's never heard of Good Samaritan Man

Texas church shooter was shot and chased by a neighbor with his AR

Here's a list of some incidents that were stopped by a bystander with a gun quora.com/Has-any-mass-murderer-ever-been-stopped-by-an-armed-bystander

this only aplies if people actually go out to hunt the shooter, not if they act in self defense as they would use their concealed weapon once they were confronted by someone with a gun

this argument is retarded and circumstancial

So, the shooter had already killed 26 people and had left the church when the hero showed up. Not exactly saving the day.

What, do you want someone to kill the shooter before he even shoots anyone? Sure he had already killed 26 but I assume it's because the nobody in the church had a gun to defend themselves(no clue if that church allowed weapons or not, that is up to each church and I know most dislike the idea of weapons in Gods house as it's meant to be a peaceful area) but he could have killed more, the fact that he was chased and shot by someone else imo potentially saved more lives

Yeah he shouldnt have even bothered huh

Why didnt the police stop this?

Yeah they should have just let him leave the scene before police arrived :^)
Detectives are supposed to track him down, who cares if he kills anyone else on his way to wherever he is going to potentially real his stockpile of guns/ammo and go on a rampage somewhere else

this. plus, the idea is that there would be an armed good samaritan close enough to do business right away, not go running around countless corridors

Concealed carriers understand this risk and still actively choose to attempt to save your life.

You're welcome.

nigga nobody shooting 900 rounds pet MINUTE

Self defense is not vigilantism. You clearly don't understand the first thing about law, so don't pretend like you do.

they're usually stopped before becoming MASS shootings to begin with!

Not to mention they were alone with no others around. Since they were gay lovers.

>hundreds of bystanders
Try 20, maybe 30 tops.
>screaming and panic and confusion
Easy, he's the one shooting
>Easy peasy
It's not an easy shot, that's what training is for

So it's completely pointless then. As soon as Hitler gassed the first Jew there was no reason to attempt to stop him.

Are you really this stupid?

slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/01/02/gun_control_ar_15_rifle_the_nra_claims_the_ar_15_rifle_is_for_hunting_and.html

In case you're too lazy and or ignorant to click: 45 rounds per minute

That user is probably looking at full-auto guns, possible even belt fed ones
user also doesn't realize that shooting that many rounds WILL fuck up your gun because of the heat, they clearly don't know what they're talking about

You're talking about cyclic rate of fire for a genuine machinegun, which isn't exactly common.

At least two I can think of off the top of my head.

The Uber driver in shitcago who stopped a guy who was heading into a subway station to shoot it up, and the principal who held a guy at gunpoint after he started walking into the cafeteria with a shotgun.

Okay, you got more? I’m not saying that doesn’t matter but unless this is a common occurrence i still don’t buy that assault rifles are saving more lives then they’re taking

A mass shooting in America is defined by 4 or more casualties. If another gun is involved, they're stopped before they can reach that point.

>the principal has a gun
Even though it worked in this instance you cannot tell me you think this is a good idea. These aren’t trained professionals, they’re educators and beauracrats

But the holocaust is a lie goyim.

>assault rifles

You keep showing your blatant ignorance of the tools youre opposing

This also goes to

>if another gun is involved they’re stopped before they can reach that point
Nice fact you pulled out of your asshole friend

Dude had to take a CCW course and get a license.

CCW holders have less convictions on their record than cops on average btw

I think it's a great idea. The majority of mass shootings take place in schools. They need to be able to defend the students. Level of training doesn't matter, the shooter usually isn't trained at all, but a concealed carry course should be required.

I don’t oppose guns, i think responsible people should be allowed to live their lives how they choose, the problem is that there is currently no way to weed stupid and dangerous people out from owning guns, I don’t have a solution but people who think that nothing needs to change are delusional

Why do you nogunz think this is what concealed carry permit holders want to do? If I'm in an active shooter situation, I'm grabbing me and mine and heading for the nearest exit. If I have to use my gun along the way then so be it, but I'm not going to be anyone's hero that day. If that's what you were hoping, you're shit out of luck.

gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm

well i was wrong, I’ll admit that, arming our principals still does not strike me as a good idea

I should note that in this situation the man who hunted the shooter down was a vigilante.

This is from the end of 2016 so it may not have any from 2017 or even this year(sad that it's only mid February and to have to think like this) but there's this quora.com/Has-any-mass-murderer-ever-been-stopped-by-an-armed-bystander

A lot of these shootings do seem to happen in gun-free zones or like the church one I linked, in a place deemed peaceful which people do not like the idea of bringing them in or near.

I personally believe that a pistol is the best protection as you can conceal carry it and nobody will know you are until the moment you need to use it, this doesn't mean rifles are bad for protection either it's just that a pistol is much easier to carry without others targeting you first if they see you.
The picture in my mind right now is a teacher in a classroom of 30 students, some of which are conceal carrying along with the teacher. A shooting occurs at the school so the teacher rushes to the door and locks it and covers the window in the door then sends out an alert status that the school is in danger(most schools have this, I believe it also alerts the local police station that they are in need of help which generally means police will arrive much faster than normal with prepared officers), the teacher could then tell the students to help barricade the door or hide while and the few who are carrying help out and put themselves up to defend their classroom.
I could also see the teacher have a rifle(or shotgun but rifle MUCH preferred) in a locked case that only they have access to(an idea of a key for it being in a locked drawer which only the teacher has) to use as better protection

Why do you keep calling them assault rifles by the way?

The only thing that needs to change is the sensationalist journalism making these shooters famous.

Mass shootings are so statistically negligible theres no fucking point in further eroding the constitutional rights of hundreds of millions of people

there have been roughly 1000 deaths from mass shootings since charles whitman first started the meme in 1966.

There are more than 15000 murders in the U.S. every year.

More than double the number of people are murdered by bare hands than any kind of rifle.

Then...in essence you dont really need a gun, do you? Why not a big sword? Bat? Fist?
Ohh thats right. You are a pussy. A pussy that needs a gun to be the phallic object you surely lack.
Fucking fag.

Is it mandatory for teachers to carry? What kind of liscencing or training do they need? What happens when they don't want to carry? Are the guns privately owned or provided by the school?

Then why didn't the cops arrest him smartass? It qualifies as self defense, he was still an imminent threat to civilians. Read the laws before trying to dictate what is illegal.

Do you not understand the concept of vigilantism?

Defending the lives of people around you is justified by law.

Hell, he legally had the right to pursue him for a citizens arrest in Texas

I don't think you have any concept of the laws regarding self denfense, which makes this so hypocritical and juicy. Thanks mate.

Why the fuck would I carry a sword or a bat? Fist? Are you actually retarded?

>Pussy for protecting yourself with the most effective means

Commit yourself.

Well yeah, me being in a wheelchair makes me a pussy.

Personally I think any teacher with a CCW should be permitted to carry in school

I agree. Isn't that how it already is?

You want somebody who is close by to cower in fear and call the police? He was potentially in danger too as the shooter could have potentially indirectly shot at him through a wall and hurt him, I'm glad he loaded his gun and did something about it.

If there was a shooting going on at one side of a mall and you or somebody else was on the complete other side that had a gun would you not want to go take him out while also feeling threatened that he could come and kill you? Sure this changes this in that you're in the same building but this building is huge, big enough that you could be the equivalent of a football field away and still feel your life is being threatened.
You are on or near the scene and should take action as you are likely to save more lives by doing so as the police make take some time to get there.

I don't think it should be mandatory for anyone to carry a gun(unless that is literally what you're signing up for)
Any teacher who wants to carry should go through some sort of training but shouldn't have to. As far as I know most states require you go have a license to conceal carry a weapon so if they want to do that then they have to go through the course which means they will be better equipped to defend their life and the lives of their students.
Whether a school allows it or not, I think that if the teacher does want to then the school would be more than happy to let them and maybe even pay for their teachers training(just as security companies do, it's an investment in the person and shows you plan on keeping them)
I also think the teacher should be able to bring their own guns to carry but if the school wants to provide there own then so be it(when thinking this my wall mounted/gun safe comes to mind, if the school wants to arm them with a pistol they turn in at the end of day or have a rifle/shotgun always locked in would be good)

Ultimately it is up to the school to decide

I believe this is different between states and schools and each can limit/ban it on their own.

I think what he did was absolutely the right thing to do. It is still vigilantism.

Reminder that one of the worst school shootings to happen before Obama took office was Virginia Tech, in which the student used 2 pistols. He killed 32(33 including himself) and injured 23(17 by gunfire)

If you want to call him a vigilante then so be it, ones sense of danger and their life being at threat is a subjective matter and depends on each person but if I were either of them I would consider myself at threat even if it was indirectly. It's like hearing or seeing someone getting beat up, their defense in court can move to you to save that person which then makes it legal.

How would you feel about security personnel being the only ones that are armed on school grounds?

Seems like an extra salary to be paid for no good reason but I wouldnt be opposed

What about schools where no, or very very few, teachers/adults conceal carry?

Projection much? I feel like you're just trolling at this point. And if you aren't, legitimately off yourself. We need less ignorant people in the world.

Yes, you were projecting when you told me that I had no understanding of the law while simultaneously proving that you yourself don't understand it.

Then that would make sense sure

Schools generally need more funding, if this issue is brought up with the idea that teachers who carry could be making even slightly more money for carrying to protect everyone(in their classroom at least, no need to run out and find the shooter(s)) could be a huge incentive from the gov't/state to give them more as I would imagine everyone would love this idea and pressure them to do so.

In all of my schools I went to that is how it has been. The latest shooting that happened that I believe we are all referencing here and there, there was a officer on site who never came into contact with the shooter.

In my school we had 2 different local cops who came by and would sometimes patrol the hallways or read books in the library.

Mind you the reason we had them was because there have been over a dozen bomb threats on our schools, 7 of which happened at schools I went to.

Interesting assertion.

Any data to back it up? We have a lot of variance in concealed carry laws across the country, does that actually make a difference in the homicide rate?

Also:

>ammosexuals

Does that make leftists "ammophobes?"

Also:

>2nd amendment in its current form is asinine

Yet as far as I can tell no leftist organization anywhere is seriously trying to move a constitutional amendment forward to change it. Why is that?

Do either of you believe that there are any viable alternative solutions to preventing mass shootings without arming additional citizens?

You're arguing against a facebook meme

and the same data with outliers like third world shit holes and the USA removed.

Regardless of how you try to spin the data. More guns = less murder when all nations in the world are investigated. This is according to the United Nations.

See the trend line in both graphs That's the overall correlation of the data. It has a negative slope. More guns = less murder, period.

You must think a CCP drops a person's iq by 65%. Nobody is talking about seeking out the shooter. Shooting starts. If it starts where you are you are potentially able to draw, fire back, and end it then and there. If you aren't in the same room you can draw, set up a shooting lane, and end the shooting of he enters the room. Would you prefer everyone cuddles in the fetal position and allows the shooter to pump them full of bullets?

>600 to 900 rounds per minute.

Do you self-identify as an A-10 Warthog?

youtube.com/watch?v=UG8A3FXhZ_c&vl=en-US

Stop the media sensationalism and better mental health, although I have fuck all ideas on how to implement the latter

this.

We'd better win this argument, friend.

Yeah, you're trolling. My fault for taking the bait, I suppose.

The guns, Dahnald...

I wonder if Brazil, Mexico, and Russia were removed from the graph as well what it would like? Also, I wonder why those countries are so far against the trend. Hmmm....

I don't. I don't believe you can disarm the US population by even half of the guns we own. I personally would never give them up and I count myself as a law abiding citizen(who I guess would then become a criminal) who owns several so why would a criminal or mentally ill person.

I would like it if people headed the warning signs or literal warnings from these people but at the end of the day there are some people that do it for seemingly no reason(like the Vegas shooter, as far as I know they still don't know why he did it and didn't show many signs beforehand)
People are too absorbed in tech and forget that people are human, either because we haven't properly learned how to treat each other or because we really want to kick out those who are 'outsiders' but can't anymore in this day and age. School counselors also help, though in school I never actually talked to one and went through really rough times and probably could have used one to help myself.

Ahh yes that is a good way to avoid having to defend yourself

You both know you can make this conversation better by choosing not to act this way yet you both chose to hinder it. Why? I don't know who started it but I can see you both kept going on with it to 'troll' each other, just stop it, it's useless.

He knowingly put himself in a dangerous situation with an unstable vet trying to help and the guy lost it but even on the way there he texted his friend and said "watch my six" because he had a feeling. Your a beta cuck who will never amount to the ashes of chris kyle

What do you think is the reason behind the recent increase in mass shootings?

Unfortunately, the police are. They shoot as soon as they think they see anything that even might be a weapon. About a year ago hostage situation in Wisconsin, one of the hostages escapes and is running out of building with his gun, woman cop screeches "there he is" as soon as he comes into view and all the cops open up on him, killing him. Protect and serve, right.

Nice trips you got there
i wont let you go uncheck user

Social media and the news. I don't think it's something we should stop talking about, it very much needs to be discussed. We shouldn't glorify them though, we should dissect why they did it and get to the bottom of how to stop it all.
Social media can lead to bullying not just in school but out of school too which can make a persons life Hell.

Also bad education and treatment/diagnosis of those that have mental issues.

/thread

Youre a moron this government was founded on the ideology that we stay armed to avoid the very same thing youre advocating. A larger more tyrannical government. I sleep easy knowing you cucks will be the first to go when the grand revolution happens

sure kid

I agree it should be discussed, but it is hard to have the discussion without bringing attention to, and thus 'glorifying', the shooter. Nobody has the discussion until after the incident has occurred.

It was bait user, note how he still calls them assault rifles for no good reason and wouldn't answer why

Are you fucking dumb? Why not do a 360 noscope while you're at it?

>Grand Revolution
can you people stay in your infested fucking swamp of a board. nobody out here wants you.

Trips ahoy, also this. Butthurt gun pleaders need not apply. Come anywhere but a school and try to shoot the shit up. Best of luck.

Im the only person in this thread who has been in a school during a shooting back around 2009-10 I was in alternative school because I was kicked out of my high school for like a week for being a moron. A relative came in with a bolt action hunting rifle trying to pull the fire alarm, we went into lock down. Everyone was so cripped with fear that one mentally disabled man with a BOLT ACTION HUNTING RIFLE had hundreds of people by the balls. Myself and one other student I knew from auto shop grabbed something solid and stood by the blocked door incase the teachers praying did save us.... The cops showed up and smoked him. Great response time too like 10 minutes its was sort of sad though when we learned the background of the shooter but thats what happens.

TLDR; Culture has created helps cucks who cant defend themselves even with guns

I'm sure lawmakers have had their talks about it behind closed doors that nobody else knows about, as much as I would love for the public to be apart of it I think the news shouldn't show it as much. People should go to meetings(a town hall meeting where I live is manageable but I imagine in cities with more than 20k people it would be a strewn out)
If we could admit that these people have mental problems while not demonizing them then I feel we can make progress in all of this.

If we/the system could actually help them before it all happens then it would be great, clearly with the latest example we/the system had failed him.

As for needing to bring it up/talk about it, we don't need to necessarily even talk about the most recent shootings, we could get into older ones like Columbine or Virginia tech which I'm sure everyone alive today is familiar with

Has there been one?

I ask seriously -- it certainly has become something that is all over the media, but is there actual data to show incidents are becoming more frequent?

Again I agree with most of what you said. I just don't like the phrase everyone keeps throwing around now about 'glorifying' the shooter. Nobody is praising him or giving him any sort of credit. It is an incredibly controversial crime due to it's nature so I believe it justifies all the attention it garners.

At the same time I am well aware this coverage is a motivator for people like him. I would prefer if we never even learned his name. However I can understand why news corporations report it as they do.

You must be fourteen, or pathetically sheltered. Hurr durr vigilantism is the same as defending yourself. You shoot back in self defense, do you understand that? D E F E N S E
So the next time you want to spew that nonsense, read a fucking thesaurus. Basic SJW bitch

No homo b/ro, I wanna have your children.

Always knew you guys were a bunch of closet cases

Did you read anything in the thread or just that post?

>I would prefer if we never even learned his name.
Oh, bullshit. Whenever anything like this happens, no one gives a shit about the stories of the normies who died. We all just want to know the backstory of the shooter. It's just more interesting.

Yes. I couldn't find a nice tidy graph anywhere to spoonfeed you with but her is a politico article

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/feb/14/what-we-know-about-mass-shootings/

Research it on your own if you are interested.

Media will have you believe so as they show them off all the time.
Believe it or not there was a time when it was legal for students in high school to bring in their guns and shoot them too(dad has a ton of great pictures of him with his rifle, they had a hill/range they used just past the soccer field only ~800ft away)
He said back in his day(he's in his 50s) none of this was a problem because not only were the teachers armed but the students were too(after school marksmanship class, apparently his teacher was a 'burly woman' as he described her)

I dislike the term too and only used it because I don't know how else to explain it. People do need to be in the know that an incident did happen though and how we can prevent the next one or better protect ourselves.

His name doesn't need to be included in his backstory, sure the story can give away who it is but that takes someone to link it all together or look him up. In the current state every news station around is blasting his name and face constantly.

Yes, and feeding into that urge to know is exactly what the shooter wants. They want that attention and recognition. Thats why the coverage is so sensationalized. If you are aware of this, then you don't submit to the urge and just ignore the identity. Unfortunately telling the avergae person to restrain from something they want, despite the consqeuences, never works.

I don't care what he wants, as long as I get entertained. Mass shootings are interesting, so why would I want to discourage them?
>inb4 you'll get shot
haha no, normie. I'm a NEET

Then you're just a really shitty human being and I can understand why you are a NEET. But you already knew that.

except the times active shooters were shot by someone with a concealed firearm before police arrive on scene.

The time of active shooter incident is on average 11 from when they start shooting until they are stopped or kill themselves. Most police response times to an emergency is usually longer than that depending on where the police are in their patrol area and the amount of traffic.

Only an idiot would pull out their gun at the sounds of a shooter that isn't in the room and go running about with it.

did that comic ever end?

Like I'm the only one hoping for a high body count when a happening occurs.

i believe in general guns are not carried in schools by teacher but where the ccw's or pistols are allowed in state schools do not permit them least in florida but could be left in the car in the teacher parking lot by the parking lot exemption but it's too far for a proper response

No you're not. I'm sure there are tons of other NEETS and sociopaths across the world that get excited at the thought of their fellow man dying. You hate us because you are an outcast, so why wouldn't you be happy when we die. Same way I'd be happy if you died.

It's not sociopathy. I have nothing against the victims, nor I do wish someone like you to die. I'm just bored, so I like interesting things to happen. 30 niggers dying in the hood really doesn't do anything for me, but a bombing or school shooting with a lot of casualties really helps break up the week.

Wrong.
There's literally dozens if not hundreds of vids showing concealed carriers and off duty cops saving the day and eliminating a threat

This better?

Not really. I can empathize with people I know. I can really empathize with animals. But strangers? Fuck 'em.

I think all of you are complete retards and should all die. Case closed.

amarillo.com/local-news/news/crime-and-courts/2018-02-14/apd-shoots-faith-city-mission-student-who-d-taken-gun