Quick question Cred Forums

Quick question Cred Forums

How exactly can someone tamper with/sabotage a guitar without leaving much evidence as to who did it? I'm planning a prank that won't lead to the guitar being permanently damaged. Right now I'm considered painting the strings with mod podge, but will that get a good effect? The other idea I had was to tamper with the inside of the amplifier

NEVER fuck with a man's instrument.

Not a man's instrument.

Go fuck yourself.

The guitar did nothing wrong, leave it alone

if its an acoustic put something foul in in and leave it for a while

Alrighty then

What type of wiring is it? If it's plug and play just unplug the pups

Tune G string to F#.
Does no harm but fucks with your mind.

Hammer some of the frets a bit so there is a little bit of flat surface on top of them.
That makes some of the notes sound flat and he/she will go all "oh you, wise guy X-)"

Some pranks can be done if the guitar has a float bridge.
On a Floyd you can take the little bits on the bridge where the string goes into(saddles) and file the wedges in front of them to be wider, that can make the string go out of tune in middle of playing for some good natural giggles.
You can also take the little bits on the locking nut and file little grooves in them so the strings can move more freely and that'll throw your friend for a loop.

The best prank probably is (if you have a sauna or other big enough warm place) taking the guitar, placing it in somewhere hot, then you make it rest ALL of it's weight on the neck, place it so the fret board is resting on 2 logs or something, one under the nut, one where body and neck meet, then take something really heavy and place it on the back of the neck, right in the middle so it weighs it down.
Then leave the guitar there for a couple of hours.
This can be done on any guitar, and since it requires no assembly or disassembly it is perfect for stelthy pranks.

Have a good prank bro :-)

By kys

rub the strings on your dick so when anyone goes to play it they get your dick all over their hands

>play it yourself
>record it
>???
>profit

I would fucking ruin you if you did this to my guitar or my amp.

>this
also could mess with intonation

Fuck up the strings’ tuning

This

If someone delicately fucked with my Martin I would knock their teeth out.

Wow, you are a colossal prick.

lol, it's just a prank bro.

put vaseline on the guitar stings! no damage.

Tune it EBGDAE instead of EADGBE

Inb4 op gets his ass beat

It's a piece of wood you psycho

>>"PRANKED MAN HAHAH calm down dude, it's just a piece of wood"
>pays over $800 for decent Martin/Taylor
>fuckwit messes with guitar, possibly making irreparable damage
>"PRANK HAHAHAHA"
how about somebody scratches up all your game discs or damages your mouse/keyboard for a prank. that'd be funny lmao

unscrew the pickups and reverse / invert them

From the way you've phrased your question it seems that you know nothing at all about guitars and should be allowed nowhere near one - let alone with the intention of tampering. If you know nothing about them, you don't really know what will and won't have which consequences.

Even if you somehow manage to pull off a prank which results in no lasting damage, I'd be pissed off that someone I know has no knowledge of guitars was disrespectful enough to run the risk of damaging my gear.

The least intrusive prank I can imagine being able to pull is putting his amp's master volume up to full, but that would rely on them not checking it when turning it on which is kind of unlikely.

TL;DR - Don't be a cunt, don't do it.

stick a hex key in the truss adjustment and do a 360

Unload your bowels into the sound hole.

1: It’s a piece of wood worth £1500. I am not rich, I had to work hard for that.
2: It’s the only material thing I own that holds any sentimental attachment to it. I love that guitar, I love creating music to that guitar. I doubt I will ever sell it.

How about you just leave peoples property alone?

tune to 432hz

Restoring it with piano strings

>hehheh what if I like completely ruin someone's instrument wouldn't that be a good prank hehehe

Fuck you