How can anyone take Pitchfork seriously anymore when they change their score from 0.8/10 to 8.5/10...

how can anyone take Pitchfork seriously anymore when they change their score from 0.8/10 to 8.5/10? their opinions are fickle and hollow.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/368-untilted/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/2771-the-eminem-show/
youtube.com/watch?v=gCJJ0r-Dh8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobody takes p4k seriously anymore.

nobody takes post-mbdtf p4k seriously

100% of threads about Pitchfork scores are complaining about the score and calling Pitchfork a bad website.

I don't go on Pitchfork. I don't care. Nobody cares except for the people making these threads. Just make a thread about something else.

And yet THIS GOT A 7.1, CALIFORNICATION A 6.8, AND STADIUM ARCADIUM A 4.7??!?!? FUCK PITCHFORK! I WANT TO SEE Cred Forums HIJACK THAT STUPID SITE AND LAY RETRIBUTIONS ON ALL THE MORONIC DICK WRITERS FOR EVER SHUNNING THE GREATEST ALTERNATIVE ROCK BAND OF ALL TIME!!

Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet
Original: 0.6
New: 8.6

At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
Original: 6.4
New: 8.3

Bright Eyes - Fevers and Mirrors
Original: 5.4
New: 9.0

Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power
Original: 10.0 [Deleted]

J Dilla - Donuts
Original: 7.9
New: 10.0

Lambchop - Nixon
Original: 6.5

Lifter Puller - Fiestas and Fiascos
Original: 3.2 [Deleted]
New: 8.8

Miles Davis - Kind of Blues
New: 6.6

Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain
New: 8.0

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Original: 8.7 [Deleted]

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - No More Shall We Part
Original: 7.0 [Deleted]
New: 8.0

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - The Boatman's Call
Original: 6.6 [Deleted]
New: 9.3

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Original: 5.6
New: 9.5

Oasis - Be Here Now
Original: 7.9 [Deleted] (July 1997)
New: 5.9 [Deleted] (September 1997)

Spiritualized - Lades and Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space
Original: 7.6 [Deleted]

Swans - Children of God
Original: 9.4 [Deleted]
New: 7.0

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Original: 7.4 [Deleted]
New: 9.4

The Microphones - The Glow, Pt. 2
Original: 9.2
New: 9.3

Weezer - Pinkerton
Original: 7.5 [Deleted]
================================================================
Deleted 10.0's

12 Rods - Gay?
Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power
Miles Davis - Kind of Blues
Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain
KISS - Alive!
Walt Mink - El Producto
XTC - English Settlement

lmao at the glow pt 2.
"What the fuck were we thinking, giving this a 9.2? this is clearly a 9.3."

>Weezer - Pinkerton
>Original: 7.5 [Deleted]
>New: 10.0
the new one was for the deluxe version

>Miles Davis - Kind of Blues
>Original: 10.0 [Deleted]
>New: 6.6
How can you give Kind of Blue anything less than a 9, let alone a 6.6?

Pretty sure Pitchfork was just a couple of guys in their basements in 1998

IIRC, the bad score was for the deluxe version because they thought it was bloated with filler.

Cred Forums is full of kids, they don't give a shit about music, they just want to meme about p4k, black people, pop music, etc.

exhibit A

>they don't give a shit about music
Objectively wrong. The whole essence of music as an artistic form of expression is to extract emotion for listeners to resonate with. Every true musician, artist, and band creates music with the sole intention of conveying emotions via the message and meaning of the song, so people could either contemplate how it relates to their intrinsic existence as a human, or regard a song as jovial fun and exuberance. In fact, art is what happens when dreams transcend our existence into a state of emotion we've never, or have yet to experience in our daily lives. Fantasies about the wand levitating the orbs to their sockets in order to unlock that marrow staircase to the door of lies is art. A sword that heals death lives in art. The palms of deities providing eternal slumber is art. Art is what happens when you learn to dream.

And by the way, if you're going to call someone underage, at least don't type like an underage brainlet with no comprehension of capitalization. 25 years have eluded me.

Stop reading pitchfork

Yes, daddy.

yeah, that post is kinda misleading, a lot of those new reviews were for reissues which they were reviewing as such, not the original album

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/368-untilted/

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/2771-the-eminem-show/

Nailed it

Exhibit B

What? Kind of blues is a 10/10. Why would they delete that? No one would argue that.

lol

>Deleted 10.0's
>Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power

WHAT?

What a shit fucking review anyways

hide pitchfork threads do not respond to pitchfork posting

>he says as he responds to pitchfork posting

damn...

i remember when the mbdtf 10 came out pizza was never the same

KISS confirmed for p4k core

youtube.com/watch?v=gCJJ0r-Dh8Q

>Pitchfork has also removed the 9.4 review for the album Things Fall Apart by The Roots.[41] They also removed the 1998 review of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel, which initially received an 8.7.[42] Schreiber's review of the John Coltrane album Live! at the Village Vanguard was deleted after attaining notoriety for its supposedly poor writing and alleged racist stereotypes,[43] particularly in the lines, "It's like a dream I had: I floated on the River Nile, smokin' some fresh weed, relaxin'. But I ain't ever gonna see the Nile anyhow."

>I ain't ever gonna see the Nile anyhow

pitchfork lost their taste maker and cool status when it was clear they abandoned their indie niche for covering top 40 pop and pop rap. this of course happened concurrently with them being bought out by conde nast. makes you think. they became poptamist garbage cheering on the winners and corporate mediocrity .

The fact they go all 1984 and delete reviews when people decide that album is actually good is just the tip of the fucking shit show.

*breathes in*

I don't visit Pitchfork, or any other music rating site. I really couldn't give less of a shit about their opinions. I listen to pop rock and experimental hiphop so I can't imagine their opinions would matter if I cared. It's pretty easy for the first, hard for the second, to predict what I'll like.

That said, I'd imagine it's just different writers. And there probably isn't a monetised site out there who doesn't just appease the mass audiences. It's a job for money at the end of the day.

Should be higher

English settlement hasn't been deleted

>Oasis - Be Here Now
>Original: 7.9 [Deleted] (July 1997)
>New: 5.9 [Deleted] (September 1997)

Have another go lads you're on the right track

>8.5
>11th best album of 1998

And these features came out within a week of each other. p4k is full retard

Yes I hate p4k as much as the next guy but to compare 1998 p4k with 2018 p4k is full retard.

1998 p4k was literally some guy's blog

that's a funny way to acronym-ize "to the 5 buroughs'

mbdtf p4k was still OK

gkmc is when it died

I mean it's probably a different writer, but then you have to ask how much that matters. Idk if the scores are legitimately based on the thoughts of the one person reviewing it, or multiple staff, who either collaborate on a score/review tone or give the writer a rough score range to write their review around.
I think normally it's just the reviewer, but I think it's probable that they decide the score based on what people expect wrt looking at old albums which now have a more cemented status in public/critical opinion, like OP's. Although I have no idea what anyone thinks of the album. I just think If You're Feeling Sinister is a nice album and haven't bothered aside from that.

I see that said a lot but still don't understand it. I was a late-bloomer in giving a shit about music at all, so I didn't ever see p4k pre-mbdtf.
Can anyone explain this magical time?

>I didn't ever see p4k pre-mbdtf.

Sucks for you m8. 2004-2009 was the golden era of p4k and indie rock.

RHCP suck ass, even Ryan Adams makes fun of them.

This lol
Off the top of my head it placed above Mark Hollis s/t and beck mutations which both got a 9 from pitchfork

it should desudesudesu
while Apple Venus 1 and Skylarking are under 7 or 8 I guess smdh

No
English settlement is their best
Don't lie to yourself

>12 Rods - Gay?

Still a 10.0 to me.

>when your albums worse than a gay furry vore fantasy

That first Relationship of Command review is one of the most irritating things p4k have ever wrote. The second review is the most begrudging positive review I've ever read.

Also, what's up with the 0.1 difference with The Glow, Pt. 2?

>gay furry vore fantasy

damn good thing i didn't pay attention to the lyrics

>Miles Davis - Kind of Blues
>Kind of Blues
wow

also, to explain the score.
"It's arguably the greatest jazz recording of all time, but this 50th anniversary edition-- which adds a DVD and an extra disc-- comes only 11 years after a wonderfully remastered edition. It's also priced at more than $100-- not exactly the best way to first experience it."

>traffic peaks come when covering mostly indie rock
>traffic craters when covering mostly top 40 pop

it's not really about that, i'm just being a buster.
honestly Will's record deserves better than that but I can't control myself.

RIP

Don't forget them changing Homogenic from a 9.9 to a 10

Why does everyone whine about p4k changing their reviews? In these cases they're reviewed by different people. Not a big deal

You suck ass! RHCP is way better than any of those faggot indie bands! Blood Sugar Sex Magik alone ranks among the best Alt. Rock/Funk records of all time, and usually is held in high regards as one of the best albums of both the 90s and all time. divulged in deeper lyricism with poetic and melancholic, yet hedonistic songwriting. Frusciante catapulted their songs with original guitar structure/composition, combining funk and psychedelic with indie rock-esque melodic sensibilities, and with Flea, formed a beautiful synergy that laid the groundwork for their subsequent albums, along with influencing funk metal/alt. metal, rap rock and alt. rock for years to come. BSSM reveled in detailing the idyllic paradise of sexuality, spirituality and the conflicts between hedonism, altruism and stoicism. OHM deals with the inner turmoil and nihilism that comes with a severe addiction to drugs. Anthony struggles with his isolation from his own mind, as he desperately hopes to find that trapdoor to escape his asylum. The psychedelic atmosphere mixed with heavier undertones convey his hopeless state of meaninglessness; his fragile heart shatters and screams to his demons, wishing he could vanquish them. After Anthony's success with sobriety, he pursues an idyllic character with Californication, as he records his travels and voyages of the world. Each track feels as if he's discovered a new place, with his emotions laid bare on those places (such as the clandestine cynicism in "Californication", to even a new state of tranquility in "Scar Tissue", "Porcelain" and "Road Trippin'"). By The Way more or less expands on these ideas in a more personal, individual manner. Anthony contemplates his relationships with people as he tries to discover who he is and his own contribution to the world. BTW is their most humanistic album yet.