THIRD EP WHEN

THIRD EP WHEN

WHERE IS THE THIRD EP?!
I DON'T KNOW, I DON'T KNOW
IS IT GONNA BE THIS MONTH?
I DON'T KNOW, I DON'T KNOW
WILL IT LIVE UP TO THE EPS BEFORE?!
I DON'T KNOW I DON'T KNOW I DON'T KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

In all seriousness, NIN will be touring around June, expect it around that time, it would make no sense to tour without EP being released.

WE'RE WAITING, TRONT!!!

That would be nice. I don't want another NTAE though. NTAE was fine but it's main selling point was subversion of music made to appeal to the masses as opposed to actually good songs

Stop posting pointless NIN threads. I don't hate the band. I actually like several of Trent's records but even I'm annoyed by this shit. Stop it. It's embarrassing.

Most likely, yes
Free board, free world

just start a thread about something you like and hide threads you don't want to see.
not that hard

I thought the songs were fucking good, it kind of reminded me of The Slip, but even angrier and more polished and layered

I really wonder for what sound Trent will go for with third EP. He said when he released Add Violence that he wouldn'T want to return to that agression of NTAE, even though Add Violence had plenty of anger.

I absolutely enjoyed the creepy depressing tracks on Add Violence.

I wonder what mood third EP will go for.

NTAE didn't do much for me. Add Violence is incredible though. The third EP will definitely come in the first half of this year. I expect a release shortly before they go on tour.

I think NTAE and AV are both amazing for different moods, NTAE is really for that anger, while AV is for crying.

Not The Actual Events was Trent Reznor and Atticuss digging into the past and having fun being nostalgic.

Add Violence was them exploring ideas of Hesitation Marks deeper, progressing.

I hope 3rd EP will follow the suit of progress, even if I loved NTAE.

objectively incorrect, both EPs are massively referential to their older works and if you are unable to see the connections in AV you're either autistic enough of a nin fan or just retarded.

i hope third EP is unlistenably glitchy and an actual conclusion to the story and the album after that will be kind of a directors cut of the entire thing

oooh, I'd like that

It would make almost sense seeing how The Background World ends for them go for "noise" of some sort.

Okay, I am probably tone deaf, how does AV reference older works (not the modern output, meaning, everything after The Fragile) apart from few hidden lyrics hidden in the physical component?

Can someone give me a rundown of the story this is trying to tell? Especially with The Background World and the cover art

It's very abstract so far, we don't know, but, here are theories which seem to allign very well.

>The EPs take place in a virtual simulation the main protagonist finds himself in
>He can't seem to wake up from it, he realizes that everyone but him is real, this is what "Yes, everyone seems to be asleep" line may mean.
>He is probably monitored by some people, as Add Violence physical component comes with a "guide" how to operate the machine (Pic related)
>The ending of The Background World may indicate a lot of things, either the simulation is starting to corrupt, it is being restarted.
>It is unknown currently if the EPs have any connection to Year Zero's story.

More things relavant to Add Violence, this is the physical component for those whom do not know. Make of it what you will and want.

Gonna post more.

Guide to the machine that can be seen at

More explaination of the machine.

Last part which explains how the "machine map" works.

I dunno wtf Trent is doing but he's got my attention.

it's just random artwork
and HM wasn't a sequel to TDS
sorry.

This is cool but what is SASs

"self-aware substructures"

THE LOVERS and NOT ANYMORE suck

You're wrong, those are awesome tracks.

Not Anymore is probably the weakest thing on the EPs so far, but The Lovers is amazing

I thought Not Anymore was really good, one of my favorites probably too.

The album is 10/10 without Not Anymore. Also I'm calling This Isn't The Place as best track

NIN fans suck

>It is unknown currently if the EPs have any connection to Year Zero's story.
You probably already know this, but I'd like to explain why people think the stories from the EPs might connect with Year Zero's story.
In the last song of YZ, Zero Sum, it's implied that their world may be a simulation.
>Shame on us, for all we have done/
>and all we ever were, just zeros and ones.
In the video for "This Is Not The Place", once we're zoomed out all the way to see the entire machine, we see a box of medication on the desk in front of it. If you look closely you can see that the medication is manufactured by a company called Cedocore. Cedocore is the company who produced the populace controlling drugs in the Year Zero ARG. Also, the "Estimated Termination Date" on the machine is set at 2022, which is the year YZ takes place.
Lastly, the manual for the machine (seen above) lists a "Presence peripheral" by which the operators can directly influence the simulation. "The Presence" is also the name of the entity that appears in the Year Zero as a hand reaching down from the sky. As the end comes closer, The Presence starts appearing more and more. It finally appears all over the world at once in the apparent apocolypse of the Year Zero world.
So yeah, these are the known links between the EPs story and that of Year Zero. OP is correct in that we don't know for sure if they are conected but Trent seems to be implying they are.

These are all true, my man.

I assume that Year Zero is a simulation, the story was something on the lines of scientists sending information into the past to warn people of what future will hold.

It is possible that this simulation is to demonstrate what will happen if "Year Zero" will come true.

The Year Zero simulation thing goes even deeper, as it is referenced "In This Twilight" as well

>And the longing that you feel
>You know none of this is real
>You will find a better a place

Why I am unsure of Year Zero sequel though, is the fact that Trent, lyrically at least, references entire discography of his.

She's Gone Away references Reptile in the Physical Component by having a lyric from it.

NTAE on vinyl plays last three tracks of TDS in reverse at the end, those being Hurt, Reptile, The Downward Spiral.

Branches/Bones has a mess of a hidden lyric, which was deciphered by some autists. Can't post cuz this is going pass Cred Forums's character limit.

Add Violence references "Copy Of A" and "Welcome Oblivion", they're quite in your place too. Secret lyric can be also found that says "Yes, this is about you"

This Isn't The Place references "The Fragile (title track) in its physical component, which reads
>I can still feel you, even so far away

Not Anymore has another secret lyrics written:
>Remember me?
>I'm still here
>At least I think I am
>Waiting for something to happen

The Background World, of course, has secret lyrics as well

>The Floating Shadow of Thought
>all The Dead smell of perfume whispers
>secrets surges maybe I will just stay awake
>Red swine eyelids
>You shut up, you saw him too, you see The >Curse
>The Mirror
>If you could see inside
>If you were here to see
>My dreams are showing through
>Maybe this is what it appears to be

NIN is irredeemable pseudo-boyband trash for faggy sissies
>I WANNA FUCK U LIKE AN ANIMAL XDDD

Jesus christ I formated this awfully, sorry, I didn't pay any attetion while doing so.

Anyway, here are the deciphered Branches/Bones lyrics.

feels like i've been here before
yes, i have been here before
allowing myself to feel a sense of comfort in the past
not the actual events but the way i choose to remember them and you
i guess things have a way of finding order
almost everything i thought mattered
my definition of myself
what i thought of you
has proven false
in one way or another
please
all of you
go away from here
please

I really need the 3rd to find out what the fuck is going on.

Spotted the soyboy cucklord.
>omg le cringe hot tobic band XD

It's Bleedthrough.

Cool, thanks for laying that all out. I agree, we definitely need the third EP to make sense of this. Maybe ALL of the NIN concept albums take place in the simulation?

That's been one of the many theories as well, it would be odd if Trent wanted to retcon his entire discography like that, but it very much so would be possible, seeing how The Fragile could potetionally reference "The Wretched", The Downard Spiral keeps talking about a "broken machine" in "The Becoming". And Hesitation Marks has that whole "copy of a copy of a" song.

I honestly expect the 3rd EP to bring out even more questions than answers, I dunno, either way, it'll be awesome.

/thread
nin fans break the rules by being under the age of 18

>Samefag detected

>dude simulation
go suck off elon musk

>In the video for "This Is Not The Place"
??? what video i cant find it anywhere

nvrmind

Ye my bad I misremembered the name of the song. It's actually called "This Isn't The Place"

kill all the persians in my neighbourhood
get the new ep

Seeing Tront so happy makes me so happy for him considering how melancholic he can be, even to thid day.

I'M GOING BACK
OF COURSE I AM
AS IF I EVER REALLY HAD A CHOICE