Name one good musician in history who never did drugs

Name one good musician in history who never did drugs.

Protip: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2016/06/02/health/prince-death-opioid-overdose/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jeremy Enigk.

Zappa

Oh wow that was easy

/thread

Varg

Gilmour was seriously good looking man

He had that Leonardo DiCapiro look

Trent reznor

pree sure zappa didnt do drugs, unless you wanna count nicotine

given the prevalence of opiates as standard medication back then I highly doubt it

Kek

He tried them

Unkle Adams

Prince?

lol no

Ian Anderson of jethro tull never did drugs and he didn't do sex either

lul

cnn.com/2016/06/02/health/prince-death-opioid-overdose/index.html

Ian MacKaye
Jonathan Richman
Steve Albini
Angus Young
Ravi Shankar, I think
J Mascis, amazingly, considering he seems like he's always at least a little stoned
Robert Fripp, though I think he used to smoke and may or may not drink

>Robert Fripp, though I think he used to smoke
No surprise, weed treats autism.

Johnny Marr

>good

Gene Simmons

He's tried marijuana at least. That much has been mentioned

Trent Reznor did drugs
Tront Reznor is a straight edge

>good

I respect Ted for his relative sobriety. The story of him staying sober on a plane full of rockstars getting fucked up on everything is pretty cool. But he does occasionally drink wine and smoke cigars.

Lendrick Kamar

Trent isn't "straight edge".
Trent is an ex addict that got out of it.

When he was young and full of drugs he made passionate, energetic, manic songs that would usually connect with the youth.
As he got older and cleaner he started making more complicated works that resonate more easily with an older audience.
His story isn't anything new, hundreds of other artists walked the same path.

Anyone that thinks he's now 100% aginst drugs and booze is a retard, that's not the point.
And anyone that thinks he sucks now because he isn't on drugs anymore is also a retard because all it takes is for you to look at Manson right now.

Manson right now is what Trent would've looked like if he didn't quit back in the day.
That alone should be proof enough for anyone that he made the right decision.

Ian Mackaye.

Dat cringy recent Manson interview with Marc Maron where he is drinking booze from a water bottle and starts losing focus near the end.

Ian Curtis
James Murphy
Kanye West
Kevin Shields
Siouxsie
Slint
David Thomas

these people are all drug users but it's not part of their public narrative

W E W

read the parts about DFA in the book Meet me in the bathroom, James did tons of ecstasy and coke

Eric Dolphy smoked cigarettes but he supposedly didn't drink or do any other drugs and he was one of the greatest jazz musicians ever

Bruce Springsteen apparently

He is gonna start doing them soon and his career will finally skyrocket

Pair him with very close friend John Coltrane who while only drank heavily and used heroin for a few years in the fifties still is rumored to have been using LSD during his "enlightenment" years

Sviatoslav Richter

Jack White

Jesus

he claims to have never used drugs but his get behind me Satan era getup and onstage behavior sure makes you question him.

Fuck off Chris... or Patrick.

Patrick?
You gotta be kidding me, he doesn't care about NIN anymore, hasn't in years.
Vrenna?
He's doing his own thing with Tweaker, he doesn't give a shit about NIN.
Well i mean obviously he's not going to shit on NIN, it's still his baby partially, but he's not particularly going to go out of his way to talk about, or defend Trent, he's in his own bubble, safe in his niche.

Really Vrenna got the best conclusion out the three of them, i bet bot Manson and Trent envy him right now, for different reasons.

Roger Waters

speaking of manson, i read that this guy never did any drugs to the point where he literally got kicked out of the band by manson

This

>in b4 "b-but those are not drugs"

(Nice dubs)
They all tried drugs at some point.
Zappa talks about trying pot in his autobiography.

Ted Nugent admitted to trying drugs once or twice in the 1960s. He has even been on television drinking a beer with Anthony Bourdain.

Ian MacKay has admitted to drinking a beer and smoking a joint years after Minor Threat broke up, just to see what it was like.

Zappa only tried weed once. Then never again, any drug, ever.

Stop doing drugs

The way they tried these drugs doesnt have anything to do with their creative process or even their lifestyles so i dont see the point

nah he used to party after shows while Moz was snoozing

I think it was more like three times, but I'd have to read The Real Frank Zappa Book again for accurate confirmation.

He basically said that it did nothing for him but put him to sleep.

He also said that if he DID do drugs weed would be his drug of choice since he enjoyed smoking

>YOU AIN'T NEVER SEEN THIS NIGGA OFF HIS LEXAPRO

Stop making fucking Runescape soundtracks, Varg.

yo does varg actually do this?
I'd give him a fair shake if that's what some of his projects sounded like

Sun Ra which is strange considering that he believed he was born on Venus.

Didn't he admit to doing MDMA at techno clubs?

Not to be unfriendly but I don't see the point of your response.

Whoever started this thread didn't make it a point to talk about musicians taking drugs to help with their creative process, just to name any musician in history who never took drugs.

People listed musicians who lead a clean and sober lifestyle, and I merely pointed out that these people took drugs at least once, creative process notwithstanding.

Died at 30 anyway, really sad.

yeah, right
have you seen the guy during the 70s?
besides, in an argument with Robert Plant, he implied the guys at Tull snorted a shitton of coke

Keith Richards
Iggy Pop
Ozzy Osbourne
Shane MacGowan
Mark E Smith

His drug was choir boys

Kurt cobain and Jesus christ

>Pair him with very close friend John Coltrane who while only drank heavily and used heroin for a few years in the fifties

I don't think you qualify for this thread if you're only addicted to Heroin for a few years before dying.

thats not what most people in this thread seem to think its about
who cares what its technically about according to you, the majority have practically made this a thread about musicians who used drugs chronically and in their creative process

Honestly as a drug user and fan of psychedelic rock, I respect musicians who don't do drugs. It's such a rare thing and very difficult not to give in to using them when everyone around you is.

Stevie Wonder

Tyler, the Creator

lil peep

Except he has smoked weed before

Yeah

Chuck schuldiner

Ian Paice. Contracting TB as a kid and having part of his left lung removed ensured that he'd never be able to smoke or take anything for fear of killing him. He liked a drink though, if that counts for anything.

Rory Gallagher

Unless you want artists who have never even touched alcohol, in which case, there aren't any.

Thom yorke

Gira did a fuckton of acid as a teenager but by the time he did Swans I don’t believe that he did drugs or even drank

me

I'd say alcohol counts as a drug and disqualifies most people in this thread. Depends on how much you consume.

>MDMA (Methylene Dioxy Methamphethamine) is LSD, acid, I support the use of hard drugs as it kill people, the weak people. Death to weaklings, log live the strong!!!
what a thinker