Why do you hate this album?

Why do you hate this album?

I love it
>the guy everyone thinks is mentally ill

It's so soy, maybe more than anything I've ever heard. The singer literally sounds like an excited five year old boy who just finished eating all the sugar in a fun dip. I can't stand any of it. How the fuck is this Cred Forumscore?

Why do you care?

Anyway, if you really want to know

i don't user it's good
feels is their magnum opus tho

why u so sad?

>How the fuck is this Cred Forumscore?
You would know if you had been on this board for longer than a year

I just want more from music than "fun."
How anyone loves this and then calls MGMT shit is beyond my comprehension.

but it sucks tho

>this album is going to be a decade old in less than a year
where did the time go bros

Many normies know of or like the album and/or AnCo so Cred Forums isn't allowed to like it anymore or they'll lose their cool boy points.

>Kids born in 2000 are now of legal age

Damn...

That was the direction of this particular album. They took that direction and did a damn fine job with it. They have many other albums that are more than just "fun" such as STGSTV or feels

I WANT TO WALK AROUUNNNDD WITH YOU

It's shit.

holy fuck it moves

have sex

Same here
I'm wondering whether I do imitate the illness subcionsciously on intention
And I also love this album

I enjoy this album as a virgin man (no bullying plz), how does did this changed your reception

>soyboy telling anyone to "have sex"
The irony

Why do you infer I'd become a pussy by having sex?

i don't dislike mpp, but for all muh texture worship, the songwriting is just not hookin me in. there are some great harmonies which appear every now and again. but i just extremely bored of it very quickly. which is a shame because anco also made spirit they've gone, danse manatee, and here comes the indian and those are really good.

"so soy"
Writing shit like this unironically it's one of the most sad things you can do

“Soyboy” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “soyboy” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “soyboy” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy soyboys!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a soyboy; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe soyboys exist, you are a plebeian.

Why would anyone read this?
Soyboy is a meme, dummy.

t. soyboy

“Soyboy” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “soyboy” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “soyboy” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy soyboys!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a soyboy; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

/thread

Torille

Le funny meme, Cred Forums used to have shitposts and discussion, now it's only unfunny shitposts by underaged newfags trying to fit in and feel edgy

>this soyboy thinks he's deep by replacing the hipster copypasta with "soyboy"

Soyboys are a very real thing though, and quite easy to nail down.

t. angry lefty

trips confirm

trips confirm

based

Stop unironically reinforcing the stereotype that the left cannot meme.

Spbp

Our mission is done so far, i saved this pasta, we'll use it to destroy the soy another day. Stay noided.

reminder

>If I just keep spamming my pasta the soyboy meme will go away!!!!

reminder that the guys on the right are still more masculine than the soyboys on this board

PJW is pretty sexy tho

i love that the one attempt at answering this question thoughtfully criticized it for being soy and 'sugared up'?

you misspelled spirit they've gone spirit they've vanished

Agreed my soviet brother!

>the chorus of a great song
>it's shit
you just want to hate it

It's shit.

if you want it to be shit anything is shit
what do you think isn't shit

It still moves

I listened to it yesterday and I hated it. I don't "want" to hate anything.

Fair enough I suppose, try it again on a summer day
Or just listen to other animal collective instead

I might. But I can't stand the over excited vocals. They just convince me there's a character behind them that I don't care for.

newfag doesn't recognize the copypasta, what a surprise

Guarantee you were only 7 years old when this came out

soyboy doesn't recognize people are actually using this pasta in hopes to kill the meme

soy hehehaeahaehe
lets see how many losers drop this insult when the left wing becomes the cool boy club again

>left wing
>cool boy club

fucking never, lmao

rewind back to early 2000s

Doesn't change the fact that it sucks.

Because I don't like it. Deal with it dumbass.

t. picture posted on the right

At least you recognize the left isn't cool.

I don't but I've listened to it a billion times and don't like it anymore. Every song on the album was my 'favorite' at one point and I've listened to it to death. I'll come back to it in 10 years.

Sometimes I still feel like a newfag but then I remember I was casually browsing Cred Forums and /fit/ 10 fucking years ago already well past my Cred Forums phase.

Fuck getting old

Neo-psych is a pretty bad genre, not every fucking instrument needs to be fuzzy bullshit that blends together into a shittier version of electronic music.

oh no not muh masculinity....

t. effeminate beta soyboy

oh no my masculinity is being attack wtf do I do

what masculinity lmao

how will I ever recover

Start with some red meat and whole milk.

>whole milk
Wew lad.

when did all the windmills start to turn so slow?

>being this insecure
yikes!

S O Y B O Y
O
Y
B
O
Y

I don't hate it, I think it's decent

Animal Collective is the marijuana of indie. You discover them as a teenager and it blows your mind with how amazing it is. You think you're so edgy and cool for liking it. You think you've discovered some hidden dimension that most people are missing out on. People who don't like it just don't get it.

But then you grow up and you realize how unexciting, unrevolutionary, and underwhelming it really was. Sure, you'll revisit it every now and then, but the edge is gone. You realize that it never really was that bonkers in the first place.

It sounds good when you're high idk I like some of it. Some sounds a bit too weird though :P

My friend lost his virginity to this album, they also fucked in the forest.

"its so soy"
ya my music must also qualify as masculine for me to listen to it. ya know cause like what if a nerd on mu/ catches me and calls me a soyboy.

>AND DONT GO CHANGING CLOTHES
WHEN THEY DONT LIKE YOURS