Confess

I rarely ever listen to full albums, I just pick out the songs I like and add them to genre specific playlists

same

Fuck you.

Prog rock is overrated, and I hate bands like Pink Floyd, King Crimson, and Rush

God have mercy

OP deserves to be tar and feathered

When Dolores O'Riordan died last month, I looked up her song Zombie and only recognized it from being used as a hook on the new Eminem album.

Throw him in the stocks

>millenials.jpg
Fuck off I was born in 1999 and heard the song when I was like 14

I think Teens of style is the best car seat headrest album

I V vi IV

fantano was right about amnasiac being overrated and HTTT is best radiohead album

I'm 28

Ariel Pink is the only thing i listen and i will listen in the future. I don't need more music.

I listen to DG everyday

I've listened to post malone's Congratulations and rockstar probably more than 400 times each
Great taste.

I enjoyed Puncolle.

i miss dance punk

Part of the reason i listen to noise is so I can be a weirdo

I wish psychedelic music never happened.

I listen to a playthrough of the album at least 3-5 times. If there's shitty filler or just songs I don't like then I'll just remove those and keep the songs I like....but that's awful if you don't listen to the album fully at least 3 times.

That sounds like the correct way to listen to music.
Why would you punish yourself with songs you don't like and won't remember for some bogus sense of purity?

same
prog is the most pretentious and boring genre

I don’t like prog either but I do enjoy those three. I can’t get into Yes though.

I'm the same, OP. There are, however, some albums that I do listen to and think of as a single, defining work, like Pet Sounds obviously .. But many albums are not built like Pet Sounds and have much more filler. Just the nature of being an artist - you're only going to strike gold a handful of times when you are creating, why not make a playlist of nothing but gold?

I'm 32 years old and I love that Hinds album from 2016 and am very excited for their next release. I'm a huge sucker for simple garage pop like that.

i prefer british rap

I regularly listen to U2’s 2002 Superbowl half time performance because I like it so much.

same :/ I was raised better than this.

I regularly feel ashamed of the music I like, because I worry people will judge me for listening to literally anything I listen to, instead of just enjoying it for what it is.

My first album purchase as a kid was the Ghostbusters soundtrack.

I love MGMT.

I'm new here

The only albums I have completed (listened to the whole thing) are The Money Store, Enter The Wu Tang, and The Marshall Mathers LP

DfA1979 4 lief

it is in this modern age where you don't have to listen to albums front to cover.

the only people who think otherwise are music snobs.

Me too.. I told my brother and he called me a school shooter

I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I only come to Cred Forums to call people soyboys

i listened to exmilitary for the first time a week ago and face tat yesterday

Thank you for being here.

I still listen to Gary Glitter.

“Soyboy” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “soyboy” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “soyboy” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy soyboys!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a soyboy; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe soyboys exist, you are a plebeian.

I like dadrock

Butthurt responses like this from soyboys keep me going.

I unironically can't imagine I could ever make a woman happy for any long period of time.

Sgt Pepper is objectively the best Beatles album

Hell yeah

I still don't understand Pink Flag by Wire

even tho I think bernie sanders is a senile failed marxist I'd shake his hand and be nice if I met him in real life

“Soyboy” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “soyboy” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “soyboy” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy soyboys!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a soyboy; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe soyboys exist, you are a plebeian.

same