Can I learn to have a good singing voice without paying for lessons? I feel retarded playing guitar with no vocals

Can I learn to have a good singing voice without paying for lessons? I feel retarded playing guitar with no vocals.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/you#Pronoun
vocaroo.com/i/s12VAKEOMjUl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how many rock musicians took singing lessons?

But a lot of them had natural vocal talent, if they couldn't sing theyvmight never have become famous

There is never a reason to not take lessons regardless of what instrument you want to learn.

Paying less money is a reason

The few that made it vs. the many that tried. Bad argument.

You can never learn the proper technique without a good teacher. But I don't know how you sound and how much natural talent you have.

travel time? money?

to be honest if you get a lead synth in the octave around your voice, you can mimic the same feeling from a vocal melody provided you understand how to automate parts of the synth to make it seem like its "talking," if not just get the notes and structure down

you can still hear vocal melodies in piano covers of songs so thats my suggestion

op just sing from your belly not from your chest.
lessons might help but do this first.

I have no vocal training and know no theory but when I sing over guitar I just naturally sing in a key that suits the chords and song. If I make a wrong chord I can tell immediately, it just sounds fucking awful and inherently wrong. I might not be able to explain why but the ear does not lie.

Try it for yourself, you might find you can do the same.

Can you not figure that shit out with a metronome? Like get the root note of the chord, try getting the right voice by checking with a metronome, get a feel of what it sounds like, then recreate it while playing.

Why bother though if I can naturally sing in tune?

You don't understand how this "English" stuff works, do you?
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/you#Pronoun
See #6.

I thought you were suggesting I ought to do that rather than asking me obviously. I wouldn't know, I haven't ever felt any need to do what you suggested as I can sing well regardless of my apparent poor grasp of English. What does a metronome even have to do with hitting the right notes?

I meant a tuner. Guess my brain shut down too.

get a capo, play & sing..sounds wrong. capo up/down until you find your voices own key

The way you perceive your voice and the way it actually sounds are two different things which is why you'd need some form of confirmation, hence my question. I'm starting to get the impression your pointless dumb brag about having perfect pitch is bullshit. Call it a hunch.

That's not me. Notice lack of capital letters.

I don't think I have perfect pitch or a perfect voice but I think I don't think I am tone deaf either. I'll post a clip in a wee bit, you tell me if you think I am wrong.

hey man, I think you meant this reply for some other guy not me.

I have shitty pitch, so don't worry too much how it sounds.
Your ears will tell you after a while what sounds good

Here you go. vocaroo.com/i/s12VAKEOMjUl

I worry if I took singing lessons I’d sound worse for the type of songs I like. I don’t want to sound choir perfect and lose all character from my voice.