Is this a classic tho

real shit it's been out for 12 years now and everyone still talkin' about it, it's obviously pretty polarizing but it has stood the test of time better than any of the other albums coming out in this style from the era, y'all talk about it all the time on here too

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=n_PSKpmSEoo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WHEN I WAS

I have to say, I've lived that period, and I've said that MCR was art punk since the Black Parade released. At first I hated it, dismissing them as prurient Pop-Punk infidels, until listening to it a year later (in 2007). It's as if Red Machine-era Fugazi attempted to make their interpretation of Sgt. Pepper, utilizing The Damned-esque darkness and nihilism and Sunny Day Real Estate's melancholic, yet uplifting guitar structure, and tie it together with the ambition, theatrics and grandiosity of Queen. And that's one hell of an album for a quintessential normie pop punk band.

that's the thing tho, all of the other quintessential normie pop punk bands have faded into obscurity or burned out horribly aside from a few singles.

yes

No they didn't. PATD and Paramore are also still successful. The others though...

how successful really are P!ATD anymore tho? I'm sure they still have their following but really I see people shitting on their new stuff more than I see praise for it. Paramore is honestly a completely different band, and people don't stand by Riot like they do this and Three Cheers.

Is 12 years really even long enough to consider something a classic? Is this even Cred Forumscore?

P!ATD still have some decent singles, but Brendon need to leave the band and start a solo career
Paramore is probably the best one from all the pop punk scene, Riot is probably their weakest album and is still a banger, and their new stuff show that the band had a beatles-tier evolution

If MBDTF and LDA are Cred Forumscore
Why this one wouldn't?

>LDA
>Cred Forumscore

LDA has a 3.60 and MBDTF has a 3.97 on RateYourMusic. The Black Parade has a 3.11.

it's still being talked about because it made loner kids feel cool and they hold nostalgia for it

>RYM
Really that stupid site cares so much?

Just using it as an example of why LDA and MBDTF might be seen as more essential since the consensus seems to point towards them being better albums. However Cred Forumscore never really has been about the quality as much as it is how much it's talked about, Floral Shoppe and Hospice stand as clear examples of this.

Holy fuck is this real? Who wrote this please tell me

is it a copypasta?

its an emo-kid classic, sure.

its good

it's a classic to...
uh...
certain demographics
myself included

It's not even really an emo album though like memes aside. At this point I don't really think that demographic is the one enjoying the album.

Let's be real, The Black Parade has bad ratings because people link it with mall emos of the 00s. People who aren't pretentious dickheads or retards recognise that it's amazing.

you're not wrong but does that really still have an impact on people? like I get that in 2006 but mall emos don't even exist anymore

RYM was around in 2006

Mall emos don't exist as an identity anymore, but those people who were mall emos do. It's not like they all died en mass or something. BP is obviously still close to their heart.

A Fever you Can't Sweat Out stood the test of time you nimrod, fuck outta here with that black parade shit

those accounts are inactive and have no weight in the current rating and haven't for years

my point was that while those people still enjoy it I don't think any of the people on here were those mall emos but still enjoy it today despite not enjoying it at the time, it only recently has revealed itself to a lot of people to be as good as it is

>Sweet Revenge was 14 years ago

Their first album is fucking amazing too.

>I don't think any of the people on here were those mall emos

I was one of those... But yeah I agree. I guess with the distance of time people who wouldn't have dared listened to it when it was at peak relevancy are no longer afraid of judgement.

As long as hot topic stands, they wont die out

i wish mall goths still existed. they were interesting. teens nowadays are dull as fuck.

Is I Write Sins Not Tragedies the pinnacle of the genre?

Hot Topic has been pretty normal for years. It's kind of dying from what I can tell from every time I go to the mall. I don't really think that's a place for people who listen to MCR anymore, more so a place to buy funko pops and shit.

2nd point true, but 1st...why bring THEM back?

what's the 2018 equivalent of mall goths?

>a fucking mallcore album
I think it's safe to say that Cred Forums has no hope of salvation from now on.

take me back

Put the edge away, Shadow.

personality wise i think ironic memers. The ones who upload or watch dank meme compilations on youtube. This one isn't titled like what I mentioned but it's another example:
hooktube.com/watch?v=n_PSKpmSEoo

It's hard call, but you might be the newest person on this board

W H E N

I

The Black Parade is a modern masterpiece.

The only reason people hate it is because teenage girls happen to like it.

This, unironically
unironically

This is a really good album and most people agre

Teenage girls love Radiohead yet this place still pretends they're good.

I genuinely do not believe that there are this many MCR fans on Cred Forums. This has to be some sort of Cred Forums, tumblr, or Reddit raid. There is absolutely no chance that this board has fallen so low that we allow constant MCR threads.

back to pitchfork, fucker

Want to know how I know you're new?

Alt normies does not constitute as "everyone". People that care about MCR now are either underage girls or alt normie meme rap fans.

Back to being literally 14 years old, fucker.

Want to know how I know you're new ?

Loner kids didn't listen to MCR.

MCR is patrician. See in on the other side newfriend

What's with blatant newfags just accusing others of being new in this condescending tone? You are new yourself you can't just pretend things were how you like to think they were or what impression you get off the place.

t. new

It's an objective fact that MCR are Cred Forumscore. Sorry you can't relate

Bro Panic! At the disco is HUGE to tons of girls. Everytime you look up a vinyl collection vid and its got a 16 to 26 year old girl in it, they always have panic. Panic is one of the few emo bands that have lasted unlike bands like Pierce the Veil and Sleeping with Sirens.

Imagine being this new.

I...... I literally can't

Early mu was just true kvlt metal that shit on emo stuff. The indie pitchfork shit came later. There was never any MCR love. Fuck off back to Instagram normalfag

Times change grandpa, no one puts metal on charts anymore and indie is on its way out. MCR has stood the test of time and actually influenced further generations

Sad! that Absu and Best Coast can't say the same

Shit album made to appeal shit people with no personality

It hasn't at all. People in their 20s are just nostalgic for it. The current generation couldn't care less save for underage emo girls. Either way you've admitted you were wrong and bullshitting your way through MCR ever being accepted.

I'm not nostalgic (first time I heard was only a couple months ago) but I still love it because it's a great album.
Time to accept facts, kid.

>I like it so everyone else does too!

>Time to accept facts, kid.

>Post Malone claims MCR as an influence
>Lil Uzi Vert claims MCR as an influence
>Lil Peep claimed MCR as an influence

"hurr DURR I dont like it so it's just losers being nostalgic!!!"

>Not accepting facts, kid.

Wich one of these is concidered an good artist

>Retards making terrible rap think it's good, therefore it has to be good!
Fuck off

>Wich
>an good
Your argument is falling apart, kid.

>Is this real
no
some user just made it up and posted it...

I think it is a good album. People just get tied down with the aesthetic and group of people an album smuggles along with it. Which in all honesty is pretty lame.

could be a solid 9.5/10 if not for Teenagers interrupting the flow and conceptual confidence of the albim

Jesus fucking christ