Band shirts: profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

Band shirts: profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Knbj6NaBRN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In Devendra's case: a bit of both.

None

Whats wrong with wearing a shirt about stuff you like? Its attractive to express yourself you sheltered fuck

GUYS LOOK AT THIS THING I LIKE

Are you expressing yourself, though?
Or are you just attempting to appeal to the elitism in others?
These are the questions...

well that guy is on gira's label so he's probably grateful for the opportunities he's been provided

neither
they mean nothing at all

pure consummerist mentality
you are what you buy/show/wear/own
complete bulshit and, not astonishingly, hypocrite pseudo anti-establishment hipsters get head first into it

Not him, but I wear band shirts because I like the music and want to wear shit that represents what I like. Be it expression or just appeal to others, I couldn't care less. I like what I like, and I can choose to wear what I want.

you aren't a serious person if you still wear graphic t-shirts in public after graduating high school

pretentious
since when did anyone say you are what you own? should everyone be a faceless uniformed automaton instead?
you cant explain what is wrong with expressing what you like

band shirts are all about individual taste, if you like shit music or the shirt is just obnoxious then its bad. There's nothing wrong with wearing something like OPs pic because its basically a black t shirt with some added visual interest.

Good answer.

Neither. It's just a shirt of a band you fucking like. You're an autist for even asking the question.

only if they're from Undercover

neither

it makes you look like a teenager.

yeah, you can wear whatever you want, and i can think you look like a dweeb in it.

Is this peak soy?

only if it's non obvious &/or patrician

Subjective. Ive seen girls at school wearing guns n roses, Iron Maiden and even Pink Floyd. But when asked they are completely clueless about the band. Nonetheless people who seek others with their same interests through clothes, and have a real passion towards the band or subject are fine in my view

totally acceptable if its a cool shirt and not just the bands name written on it

basically if youre shirt has any words or a graphics then youre an immature dweeb

I have shirts from concerts I have attended and a DG shirt I bought but rarely wear any of them out. Also what said is unfortunately very true.

Assuming you go outside ever (unlike a lot of people in this thread), a band t-shirt is a nice conversation starter.
Also assuming you aren't painful to look at (which I can't guarantee for everyone in this thread), strangers will actually come up to you in public to compliment you for repping a band/artist they like.
This is useful in a lot of social environments and a low effort way to meet people who at the very least share some similar musical interests.

graphic t-shirts almost always make you look like an autist or a high schooler but attractive people with nice bodies can pull it off

I'm glad you're happy not knowing or wanting to know the sub surface reasons for why you wear band merch. Nonetheless, saying "I just wear what I want" is probably not true

t. depressed elitist pseud who hates himself for not being able to live a carefree, healthy life without getting bogged in the loneliness that comes with telling yourself you're superior

that's Devendra Banhart faggot, he's fucked more women than you've ever met

youtube.com/watch?v=Knbj6NaBRN8

It's all true

I actually have two band shirts: a brian eno, and a frank zappa one. (Pic related are the shirt designs, but they aren't my actual shirts)

Band shirts are just a way to show your support of the band

Dad just passed me down a bunch of band shirts he's getting rid of, this is one of them

or just supporting bands you like by buying their merch

Your point?

ya, if you like looking like a teenager

This. People talking about capitalism, you're right in terms of a $50 Nirvana t-shirt from a chain store that Grohl and Novoselic will likely never see a cent from, but I buy shirts of bands I like when I see them live, the money goes literally straight into their pockets and buys their next meal.

>t. actual teenager