youtu.be/KVyuWc_ebEk
youtube.com/watch?v=3y06uoSAyWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8I5SWpqjJs
youtube.com/watch?v=ap4jZpE5zeg
youtube.com/watch?v=P7A2B32Sm2U
youtube.com/watch?v=pGuC3I-a6lo
knoxville.craigslist.org/msg/d/price-cut-fender-us-tele/6489885074.html
reverb.com/item/4394319-fender-telecaster-usa-ashtray-2009-burst-2009-ashburst
reverb.com/item/6577754-fender-american-standard-tele-2009-antique-tobacco-burst
clyp.it/x3onrdaw
youtube.com/watch?v=av4Kz2hxA2Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jd5UF_HkagA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5OU93PB0EYI
guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-518351.gc
guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar.gc
youtu.be/kyi7seXRNJ4
vocaroo.com/i/s1C6VR35whUS
ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/marty_friedman_why_ace_frehley_is_better_than_jimmy_page_in_my_book.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SpSKk-3p2lg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(AFR) Ace Fehley Rules

OOOH MASSA YOU GON MAKE ME SQUIRT

How to fix Gibson:
Acquire Agile guitars

Genius youtube.com/watch?v=HfuyHcVEE14

e oq mem

String skipping broke me out of the dreaded box shape routine

>how you want your bookmatch faмs
>JUST wedgie up my buttcrack nickles

>tfw you bang the guitarist

Can anyone tell the chord running through almost this entire song? Surprised nobody answered last thread, quite a lot of music theory show offs here.

youtu.be/3-Q2ThMeVMg

youtu.be/KVyuWc_ebEk

I have one. It's dusty like everything in my life.

C G F Em

The deep one that’s being repeated dum-de-de-dum-dum through the whole song (except when they sing high) is C?

I think what your hearing is an auditory illusion. Those are the chords to the song.

Ah wait sorry it’s Em you mean? That makes more sense.

No, I mean there is one very low chord or partial chord, I reckon the top three strings, being repeated to keep rhythm the whole song.

I hear what you're talking about. As I said, I think it's an illusion due to poor recording quality.

Or someone blowing on a whiskey jug.

What neck profile do they use? Is it a compound radius?

>but I believe I can do better edition
>mfw left middle finger's still out of service

Strange, it really sounds like strings to me. Thanks for your help.

12” at nut, 16” at 22nd fret

>Acquire Agile guitars

they'll need a loan

i think just as the other guy that its an illusion of sound. sometimes if you play alternate tunings or high with capo chords blend differently, the same with old recordings where you cant hear all the frequences

Cool, not bad then. Is the fretwork legit good on them?

I might consider one just to have

maybe agile can aquire gibson!

who /bassistandsingle/ here

>mfw /gg/ doesn't know what the term "bankruptcy" actually means or entails

The Eternal Poorfa/gg/™ never ceases to entertain.

Unless they get rid of their bat-shit crazy CEO and do some serious changing, bankruptcy won't even save them. They'll go the way of Hostess

>revenues of more than 1 billion

No mounting rings - yay or nay?

It’s not bad. Not as jumbo as I’d prefer, but no uneven frets, and everything’s filed pretty nicely
They also have a 5 piece neck-thru model so the neck is super smooth near the body with no set joint

>what is cash flow

>tfw some basic restructuring causes a poorfa/gg/ to break down in hysterical tears

with Gibson's financial problems, could Epiphone possibly break away and make good shit again

>again
kek not if asia has anything to say about it

>mounting rings
looks naked

>tfw no Gibson™ Les Paul Push Tone

y'all know this is badass

My guitar is slung just below my chest when i play it. Am i a fag?

Agreed
At least they're still on the standard version

>$3,299

Who the fuck honestly pays this

yea ur a fag but it ain't got nothin' to do with how you gay up wearing a guitar

Good. I want to look like a fag.

Weeeeell, we try to keep away from trailer parks and third world shitholes so you probably don't personally know anybody with money.

congratulations. you do

>tfw no antelope canyon burst

ooh that's pretty

Wait, I can spend less than half the price of a brand new Gibson LP on a used one from one of their best eras?

because i want to live off music

have you seriously never used the used market

if you are not a tonewoodist you can spend your hard earned dollar on pups recreations thats where the real tone come from anyway.

A man with no money playing a guitar made by people with bo money. I appreciate the subtle irony.

>not buying everything new and cryin/gg/ like a brain-dead fucktard about it

Ask me how I know you're new 'round these parts.

>with bo money
Oh, shit.
>dey got dat bo money

>GIBSHIT
REEEE

They glued up the cap with the lines being off by a 1/4" on a $3k+ guitar. What the hell, some jackass can do better bookmatching in his garage with beat to shit harbor freight tools. I know it just slipped because they didn't clamp it right.

This just inspired me to petition Gibson for a Lil Wayne signature model.

Not to mention missing switch tip, neck pup ring is too thick, stripped bridge/tailpiece, and no angle to the neck.

i really want a black/gold les paul custom
t. bass player

this is some straight bullshit right here

lmao
>the abysmal depths of poorfa/gg/ delusion

>poorfag delusion
Meanwhile nigson is actually bankrupt

That's not even an attempt, that's 2 altogether separate boards. It's not like 8/4 maple is even that pricey.

So they found a switch tip and some hardware between shots. Pup ring is still wrong and there's no angle on that neck.

Also, not even the same guitar (I should look closer before I post)

Different user here, these are my agile frets if you care to see. Mine is an AL-3010 which is a cheaper model than anons but the fretwork is still near perfect.

You really didn't need to reddit space the OP, user.
>all black guitar
How boring.

Above the dick: ok
Below the dick: ok
Over the dick: we have a problem

I think, if I had to choose, I'd stick with acoustic for the rest of my life. something about its natural chime just captures even the slightest change in emotion depending on how you play it.

how about you guys

kek holy fucking shit scoob
>becoming so irrationally emotional over something you could never afford in your entire wretched life caused you to go temporally blind
aka poorfa/gg/ pottery

youtube.com/watch?v=3y06uoSAyWQ

Does /gg/ like Norman?
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8I5SWpqjJs

If I hung mine below my dick I moght be able to touch the low e with my middle finger on my picking hand, I wouldn't be able to strum.

oh I can smoke to this though

are there any normal people here?

still the best clip ever posted here
youtube.com/watch?v=ap4jZpE5zeg

3:06
youtube.com/watch?v=P7A2B32Sm2U

If I really had to choose I would pick acoustic too. Not so much for the sound but for the convenience and portability aspects. And personally I will never get sick of the raw acoustic sound. But of course somebody who only plays rock or metal would never pick acoustic.

Nice inlays.

>1 (one) good guitarist that uses a 7 (seven) string
Jeff Loomis, for sure.

>meal babby
oh sweetie

he was funny in Bar Fly

youtube.com/watch?v=pGuC3I-a6lo

knoxville.craigslist.org/msg/d/price-cut-fender-us-tele/6489885074.html

Is this a good deal? I’m looking to upgrade from my squier

not even botherin' clicking that shit you dumb fuck

I've only been learning for eight months but I want to commit myself to never getting an electric guitar. It's not that I dislike electric, but I do not want to lose sight of my goals. If I could play like Leo Kottke I would die a happy man.

Why?

cause fuck you

best youtuber with the best advices

If it's real it's not bad. Ask for a shot of the back of the headstock, and a closeup of that bridge. I'm not seeing any red flags with it.

wrong

That decal... It doesn't seem right. Also, not posting a pic of the serial number is suspicious, as is not having the original fender pickups. I have 2009 american tele, that is not the decal I have.

Okay thanks man

wasnt he dying of cancer or going blind or something

I’ll try to get the SN

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Could be a different series.

Same decal

reverb.com/item/4394319-fender-telecaster-usa-ashtray-2009-burst-2009-ashburst

I'll see of I have a pic on my phone. Mine has a goldish fender logo with small text that says "telecaster" to the right and under that even smaller "made in usa." The sn is on the back of the headstock. The sn is good and the guy I bought it from back in 2011 was the original owner. He's a dweeb, that guitar was barely even played and I'm almost positive he can't use a screw driver. All parts were American parts.

That serial number looks the exact same as the way it is on mine. I mean, the skunk stripe and the walnut plug look good, I had just never seen that decal before.

no

you are going to get ripoff better buy something you really can be sure at 100% of its legitimacy

As I said, different series can have different decals.

I wasn't trying to argue that, I was saying what you said made sense.

>A man with no money
Is he broke? Poor Eric

God, I wanna be as great as this guy

Study the blues

He was dealing with MS

Agreed

Just for the sake of showing you what I was talking about, this identical to mine aside from the maple fretboard. I have a standard.
reverb.com/item/6577754-fender-american-standard-tele-2009-antique-tobacco-burst

he looks and sounds like a beluga whale

I noticed the one you posted has an ashtray bridge as does the one the other user posted.

If you ever here me play with tone like that, you have my permission to snip my cord.

That's a keeper!

Taytay has lead a sheltered life.

topkek!

>if I had to choose
I made my choice. I pulled a Dylan.

GTFO, normie!

>Bar Fly
I never would have been able to place him even though I saw that movie multiple times.

>the walnut plug
Oh, I though it was called a "skunk anus."

No can do
*dance shuffles away*

How long do you guys take a break when you're frustrated at yourself and feel like you're not improving?

I'm still counting

Thank god then, it's been weeks since I've felt like I've made progress, good to know other people feel the same sometimes.

I just go to trying music I'm not familiar with. That's how I got good at slide, finger picking, block chords, tapping, arpeggios, putting bass lines under my chords. Neck thing I'm going to work on is tremolo/vibrato use. I never really had any interest in them and never developed any technique for using them at all.

These things seem to be better for "piano" legato: humbuckers; harder calluses; thicker strings; parallel hand position; low action. Any thoughts? (Remember no pull-offs.)

Alright, this is getting too weird. I'll see yoi guus tomorrow.

is the ibanez jump start pack any good?

How long have you been learning for?

Hello, anons.

I bought a guitar a few weeks ago on a whim, and because I wanted a hobby that wasn't lifting, vidya, and rpgs.

Thanks for the link to the beginner website. It seems like just what I need.

I'll take whatever other tips are available. My goal is to get competent enough to write a song by the end of the summer. It doesn't have to be good, I just want to.

>mfw I finally make enough money to buy a D-28

You're going to be disappointed

That's a good goal, user. Make sure to learn basic chords before anything else. We wish you the best of luck on your guitar journey.

get me one too

just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

why

I've been taking serious learning for about 6-7 months now. I know a lot of chords, a bit of music theory, and the CAGED scales, although I can only play the C scale consistently. I don't have too much time to practice until summer.

Because the're not worth it.

Thanks. So far I have G, D, C, E, Em, A, Am, and a weird B I found when looking up a song.

If you really want it, get it. The heart wants what it wants.

Yeah, not shit posting or talking about gear. I'm out too. Nighty night!

Ah cool, I have been learning since June although I broke my left wrist in two places in October so that put a spanner in the works for a bit.

I have good weeks and mediocre weeks. I am trying not to pressure myself too much with it. If I am having an off day I will play a few three or four chord songs that I can sleepwalk and usually after that I feel back to normal.

I find it helps to record yourself and listen back, hear where you can improve but also how much you have improved. I recorded this the other and honestly I feel really good about it, it’s the first time I have legitimately really enjoyed hearing myself play guitar. clyp.it/x3onrdaw

That’s not adam neeley

theres a good reason adam doesnt talk a lot about guitar, its not his forte so to say. he gives ok advice on music in general and bass more specifically, but hes far from the best guitar youtuber. worth pointing out on a guitar forum

How do I combine playing Major and Minor of the same root? I was learning Sharp Dressed Man and found out the opening riff is played in C Minor while the rhythm is in C major and it sounds cool. Asked a friend of mine and he said it definitely works but you just gotta be careful, anything I can read up that can help me learn how to use them both?

learning barre chords is the biggest hurdle for a lot of new people

start practicing them but dont get discouraged

You don't have to play any better than that for on stage accompanyment. I didn't hear anything at all that detracted from the song.

Thanks very much, I take that as a great compliment. I am planning rehearse the fuck out of that song and do my first open mic night soon with that as the closer.

I have a chance to trade my TC Flashback for a Providence DLY-83 1:1.

Should I, y/n?

>paying more than $1000 for a piece of wood and metal

It didn’t say specifically guitar, not that I don’t agree with you. I love listening to adam talk about theory. My favorite guitar player that gives advice or lessons would either be Rick Graham for the fast stuff or Emil Ernebro for the more complicated jazz stuff. Emil doesn’t have a lot of instruction videos but the ones he does have are really good.
Samurai guitarist is honorable mention but I honestly can’t put a finger on why I like his content.

I like the sound of the Danelectro Dead on '67, and mostly play surf and weird folk stuff. However, my old jaguar got stolen and my well meaning but not musically minded aunt bought me one of those cheap St. Vincent strats. Can I buy Danelectro lipsticks and slot em in for a similar sound or should I try and hawk the St. Vincent? I don't really care if it looks ugly.

st vincent strat?

ordering one of these very soon and I'm so excited

Are Deans really shit? I want a Cadillac, they look cool.

The Sterling by Music Man St Vincent.

I don't usually wish illness on people, but I'm glad Wills Easy Guitar has MS.

Enjoy your Crafted by Laqueesha Masterpiece.

seems like a guitar better than any dano in my opinion. but its not a strat, why you describe it like that? also i really dont get your love for the lipsticks. buy another jaguar instead. i wouldve kept the st vincent as is though

Any tips for when you get ridiculously stuck at one part of a song? Everything else is fine, but I've been stuck at this one part for so long that I don't think practice is helping anymore.

no wonder they're going bankrupt

Your aunt bought you pic related guitar?

>Sterling
god i hate this general so fucking much

Do you mean a chord you are struggling with?

If pic related costs 599 then yes.

A series of quick chord changes at one part of a song. It felt like I was getting the hang of it a few weeks ago, but since then it only feels like I've been getting worse at it with practice.

embrace the soy

what's wrong with them? I see that some of their high end models are made in Korea, can't be that bad.

ill trade you my dano 59 for that if you want it. a shitty lipstick plank from korea just like you asked for

Totally. Any way I can get it to sound a bit more vintage surf?

>Korea
>can't be that bad

What color did she get you?

ever tried pedals?

only if the embrace you're referring to is the embrace of your lips around the barrel of a .38 revolver

Blue. It's a nice sounding guitar and it feels pretty solidly made but its output is far too hot for me and I like the feel of more vintage tremolos.

it has a volume knob for a reason you mong

If you are quite inexperienced like me it might just be a bit above your skill level just now and something to return to later.

The high end Korean stuff i've played is better than my Nigsons and about on par with my American Fender stuff. Only downside is the cheap pickups they sometimes use. Otherwise the craftsmanship is 100% better.

Hmm, lower the pickups? My SDD was unbearable at normal height.

Anyone got recs for a good travel guitar? Something that can be taken on a plane and isn't super bulky? Pic related first came to mind but it seems a bit flimsy.

>The high end Korean stuff i've played is better than my Nigsons and about on par with my American Fender stuff. Only downside is the cheap pickups they sometimes use. Otherwise the craftsmanship is 100% better.

>good travel guitar
isnt anything that lightweight gonna be flimsy

>Nigsons
Stop trying to make nigson happen. It's not gonna happen. I would sooner go with jigson, which plays on the pronounciation of GIF and still has that racial element you seem to be going for.

That's what I assumed, too. I was just curious if there was one that's really good I've just never heard about.
Really don't want to drop a ton of cash on one, otherwise I'll just take my Fender strat.

>tfw reddit can't meme
;___;

>not using emg 81/85 for jazz

I wanted to be doom when I bought it. I still like the all black though

>asian shitplank

Such an ugly piece of shit

The guitar looks stupid too

Hey I'd rather have that than an (African) American Shitplank.

>hating on peak soy
>>Cred Forums

He looks like a gay little troll, ready to drink some mojitos and share some office gossip after hours.

You make poor life choices.

A lot of hammers are pretty light but definitely not flimsy. Try it yourself by seeing what is harder, your head or a hammer.

You sound like a colonchaffed nigson owner who spent too much money for too little guitar.

Jazz is fucking lame, go to bed dad.

>paying $3000+ for Gibson quality
Fools and their money are easily parted, as they say.

>Hey I'd rather have that than an (African) American Shitplank

Speaking of Nigson are the Kluson's they're using made in China now? They feel cheap as shit. The klusons on my Classic Player Fender from a couple of years ago feel way nicer.

Avatar posting is a bannable offense.

topkek, such a subtle roast

these pathetic teeny identity politics mixed with unsophisticated post modern humor is making me sick of this damn forum. yall generalizing too damn much, if you ever spoke like this in real life youd be held in contempt and not taken seriously by any professional be it musician or janitor (the vocation youll submit to after the music career doesnt work out)

>fools having money
lmao

Don't feel bad, at some point you'll figure out how the world actually works. Hopefully anyway.

How the fuck do I fix this?

When strings are on it the bridge goes forward all the way like a fucked up tremelio. But there’s no back springs. Whoever Frankenstein’d this guitar was an asshole.

Can I block it somehow? But a new bridge? Play with action so high I’m on the next floor?

>implying ill take my tips from a jazz hater

lmao if only crying like bitch about stuff you can't afford was too, amirite?

>Remember folks, a guitar is just a guitar, it don’t matter what it cost but how it is played, aww schucks. Now why don’t we all just get together and sing some Christmas songs?

Hey Roman post a pic of your R9 poor boy. Prove you're not a LARPing peasant. I know you won't.

ALRIGHT FA/gg/OT YOU ASKED FOR IT

>Like a fucked up tremelio
Who's Tremelio?
Post more pics from other angles.

>LOOK MOM I AM DOING THE FUNNY MEME ARROWS AGAIN!!

I don't recall giving you tips but now that you mention it I have a pretty good one for you: Stop playing, you aren't going to get better.

what about it

>nigson owner
I don't know what that is.

Oops. How do I into spelling.

Make sure you timestamp it

HERE IT COMES GET READY

Help us out, bro. Make of the guitar. Identifying markings on the bridge. Etc.

Pretty good sounding Asian Shitplank innit

youtube.com/watch?v=av4Kz2hxA2Y

God damn I’m an idiot. Sorry mang.

Holy shit, dude. I don't know how to fix that without adding some screws to it.

Yeah. I have no idea what I’m doing.

we know

That spring secures the bottom of those screws, but I don't knot how that tiny string on the spring is going to help.

>falling for advertising
kek you prolly drive a kia like a queer too

Looks like a Kahler clone. See pic. That's all the effort I'm putting in without time stamps.

Don't forget you're here forever.

That there's a kahler

That tiny string is some part of the old electronics lined into one of the screw holes with no tension at all. Why the fuck is it even there? I DUNNO LOL.

How's your Alien?

Bugera V5
Or
Yamaha thr10
?

thr10

Alright, that's enough for tonight, my stomach hurts. You're all a bunch of fucking idiots btw

nite nite gay gay

What did you eat? Get well, because I didn't speak to you tonight.

String or wire? I thought that was the ground. Show pic of the bottom of the unit.

You'll probably need to buy another spring for it, then once you fix the intonation should be good to go

Wire. Oops.

I think I see what may have happened. The two screws that i think the spring attaches to bend the plastic out of shape and so now I can’t hook the spring onto it because of the bad angle.

that's the ground wire, you're going to need to attach it back or else your guitar will hum like a bitch

Damn, that thing is truly cheap

I have the impression that it will hum no matter what.

Will do.
Yeah, not to mention it’s been fucked up like that for nearly a decade.

Should be 4 screws for the springs but the ones I see look too far away from each other... Like the spring would be fully stretched. Are they closer than they look?

>tfw you finally get a professional set-up after 4 years of doing your own shitty set-ups

god i mean i've been playing bass for 10 years and thought having the strings rattle was bad but it just feels so smooth and easy to fret everything, no fret-outs either so fucking comfy

Right the ones near my pinky are the ones that are super bent and the plastic is fucked. Those two would attach to the ones on the t bar. They’re about 2 inches apart I think.

But I think I may just need to buy a new bridge.

Can the screws come out, and go back in straight? If they couldn't be bothered to use hardened steel on that critical point it's hardly worth keeping, they even use hardened steel blocks on shitty chinese strat tremolos. The only way to save that is welding it unless the screws can go in deeper

Upon reinspection it is metal not plastic there. The metal is bent out. And the holes are deeper than the bend in the metal but the screws are not long enough. I’ll have to get new ones whenever I get another spring.

I like how that looks.

When did you realize that most guitarists are simple minded and not real musicians?

When I went out of my room and played with real people.

thanks user, here's another pic i took of it last week while recording, the black one is my buddy's

its a mexican fender it was burgundy originally but the finish flaked after i dropped it once (strap peg broke off) so i had it refinished, still need to get a Fender decal for the headstock

Your room looks like a big slop of shit

That's not my room, that's the room where we record
this is my room

also thanks i guess?

We don't use the same pick

Anyone else make shitty music and imagine playing it to thousands of people singing along to it? Idk if I'd ever even show anyone I know my shit but its nice to live in a fantasy sometimes

You are the only one here who does that

Ok

:(

does anyone know what happened to rickbro/rickanon

i have a V5, get the yamaha

hey yeah i remember that guy, that Rick is really nice

I imagine myself on stage in front of thousands a lot, but even more egotistical is that I often imagine being interviewed by a sycophantic young sexy journalist about the ingenuity behind my songwriting processes and influences.

I need help.

Me too and then I invite the reporter to my hotel room .When she arrives the door is already open and a trail of rose petals leads to my bed,where im in a bathrobe staring into her eyes with a fiery erotic lust. "So I hear you're a fan of Avant Jazz" i say while i pull out a pocket trumpet from the drawer and play some romantic chet baker licks. At this point she can't handle the erotic overload and immediately strips and starts sucking my cock." Ooooh yeah thats it baby" I whisper into her ear.

kek

I'm into the power thing. I want loads of women to want to fuck me but to appear completely disinterested and unavailable. I would eventually marry an assertive and self-assured intellectual woman who would inspire lust and envy in others.

In reality I would gladly fuck a 3/10 with the personality and charisma of a dishcloth I am so desperate right now.

Is there gonna be a new /gg/ or does it usually go beyond 300?

Is there some guide on guitar purchase ? I'd like to buy a Telecaster to play some clean math rock stuff on but I have no idea what to look for.

>tfw you worship jason Becker.

Rate please

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jd5UF_HkagA

Telecaster USA made with humbucker pick ups.

Mexican made would be fine too but the feel is not as good.

Are the USA Fender really worth it ? I was looking at a much smaller budget but I don't mind waiting a bit if it's truly better.
I wonder though, back when I played people would go on and on about "high-end" Squiers being almost as good as some mexican Fenders, is it true (to some extent) ?

>nylon on an electric string spacing
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
it sounds nice and i'm sure it is comfy and i'm sure i'll get one if i can afford it but jesus my autism

No squiers are always garbage.

Go USA made. You'll never look back.
Japanese made is good too.

Change the fingering. The fact that you are using a string damper and still not getting a clear result mean something is wrong.

You're probably talking about the chromatic sweep I did going down before the diminished.

It was just an idea.

I liked it.

cleanliness before speedliness

Guess I'll just go all out on an USA Tele then. Any specific models to recommend ?

No, I mean everything. Nothing has the same tempo, nothing is clear. Practice with the bridge pickup and the amp treble at max without effects, so you can notice the differences in your picking.

How has this gem not been mentioned here yet

This better?

Forgot link

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5OU93PB0EYI

Are you completely new? I'd look at used guitars. Check your local guitar center and try to find a medium-end used guitar being sold at a low-end price.

For example. an Epiphone Les Paul Studio (not a Studio LT or Studio II LT) costs around $500, but you can generally find one used from $200-$300

Whatever you do, ask the guitar techs/repair guys if they think the guitar you're looking at is any good. The sales people will sell you anything, but the repair dudes will generally be honest

That fingering suits you better, even though when you do more than three strings arpeggios everything goes to hell. Again, change the fingering.

I wouldn't say entirely new, but I haven't bought much guitars myself. Used market is kind of a pain in France, not much music stores around me either.
I'm considering buying new seeing some of the prices there.

If you're just starting out, I definitely would NOT spend a ton of money on an American-made guitar. Don't let the snobs on here influence you into spending more money than you can afford.

Get something on the cheap side, but not TOO cheap:

I recommend something like these:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP/EC10-Electric-Guitar-Satin-Black-1405003131969.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3YiNhuOx2QIVQZ7ACh0a5APPEAQYASABEgKua_D_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^172488555108-device^c-plaid^143118042522-sku^1405003131969@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-518351.gc

guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar.gc

Also,

there's nothing wrong with getting a Squier.

>Rocksmith
>gem
Having to tune everything 12 cents high is utterly unacceptable, in my opinion.

For beginners, being in tune is vital to develop a proper ear for music.

>Having to tune everything 12 cents high is utterly unacceptable

Explain?
Never noticed this

The in-game tuner is totally off. Tune your guitar through something that isn't a pile of shit, and then check your rocksmith tunings.

They'll all be just barely on the lower end of acceptable. It'll just about let you get through calibration, but it won't properly track all the way up the fretboard.

If you tune to their "precision" one for good tracking, you'll be 12 cents out on a real tuner.

I'm new at buying stuff, not playing though! I was mainly looking for an upgrade to my old-ass Ibanez that's taking dust.
Are the Squiers actually decent ? Thinking of the stuff like Classic Vibe since that's what I heard was best. I don't really care about the branding, I just want something that sounds and plays good.
I wouldn't mind going all out on the US stuff but I really don't know if it's worth it over like a Mexican or even a Squier because I read all kinds of mixed feedback that range from "they're all the same" to "everything's garbage".

>"Maybe I should get a Rickenbacker
>checks ebay

They're not all the same, but the variance between any 2 guitars can be wide.

You might find a Mexican fender that sounds better than the same model American, simply because the line worker who was working the Mexico factory that day was better than the guy working in the American factory.

It really comes down to individual guitars

Go to a music store. You can look at cool instruments online all day, but you're not going to know what they actually feel like to play unless you go to a store and pick them up. You might buy something online and then realise you fucking hate the neck shape or something.

you can own an electric and still focus on acoustic

hnnnggg I want one too. Though this Mexican Taylor I've got now is pretty damn comfy too.

just started playing guitar, it's fun but extremely fucking difficult and headache inducing at the same time.
i'm curious, does anyone know what chords lopatin is playing here? youtu.be/kyi7seXRNJ4
seems like it's just two chords, i can't tell which ones though. thanks for everything

practice and train ur ear

Any idiot-proof books or tutorials on how to train coordination of my fingers? Pinky and 3rd are literally useless sometimes for me

Chord changes and scales with a metronome, idiot.

Do them slow, then speed up until you fail, and then train at the BPM you can still play perfectly at. After a few run-throughs you can increase the speed again, rinse, repeat until your fingers get tired.

Did you try to spell metal and fail? Jeff can play classical, jazz, pretty much whatever he chooses. He chooses to mostly play metal, because that's he likes. He grew up listening to metal bands, even auditioned for Megadeth. Sorry you don't like it, you're missing out on an amazing guitarist.

Where else I can play diminished triads?

>on the I, like on "Heartbreaker"
>on the V, but the VI triad

Both wrong

what song is this /gg/
vocaroo.com/i/s1C6VR35whUS

wonderwall

I don't know but I have to take a shit in a few minutes.

ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/marty_friedman_why_ace_frehley_is_better_than_jimmy_page_in_my_book.html

Finally got a bass. It was my childhood dream. Managed to play piano for 10 years, guitar for 4 before getting one. It's even better than I thought.

>he dreamed of being a bassist
l m a o

Do I get a classic player Jazzmaster?

keep your dreams low and you'll harderly get frustrated that's an old saying but it's a true isnt it

I agree with other user and would say while learning more chords, try to learn the one you already know as bar chords. Learning the notes on at least your low E and A string is essential, from there you can make almost any chord on the go with basic bar shapes.

Congrats. I stopped playing bass a few years ago but they just feel good to play. That was always the appeal for me. That nice vibration, oh yeah.

it's nice that a particular unnamed faggot no longer shits up these threads

just letting you know that it's not sam

No, you get a MIJ Jazzmaster, soypleb.

Heya folks, first time posting on Cred Forums, im just a guy with a classical guitar, curretly learning how to get gud besides practicing reading the sheet music and playing Andantino from Carcassi, anyone have some good tabs to learn and diversify and such to show me or should I expect you folks to just meme me?

If anyone is interested my guitar teacher worked it out for Brennan on the Moor, there are actually detuned power chords at fret 6 being repeated through the song. That’s what I was hearing.

>tabs

That shit is for normies. Keep working on your sightreading and theory and you'll be way ahead of most in the long run. Also train your ears more since no one seems to have the concentration these days to do so.

Guitar is flexible in approach but most good classical guitarists focus more on right hand vs left hand stuff exclusively and then eventually combine them. People who've been classically trained know this stuff at least.

Hate to break it to you, but there isn't going to be much sound coming from those pedals if you don't hook them up.

I gave up playing mathrock when all these faggots found out that open tunings and tapping is easy mode. Over saturated soy

>soy allegedly suppresses testosterone production and leads to higher estrogen levels
>testosterone is responsible for facial hair growth
Man, would I feel silly in your shoes. Protip: Just because you've heard the newest flavor of the month insult at school doesn't mean you can throw it around regardless of context. It was "numale" a while back (which would have been appropriate in this instance), before that it was "cuck", and before that "normie".

TL;DR
You sound like a 14-year-old. Words have meanings, learn them.

Your faith in me is apreciated user but I cant even play Andantino without fucking up. I feel like your advice is good but Im not really able to fully commit to it or be good enough to execute it.

Still, apreciated.

What is this meme? Ace is such an awfully average player/Jew

youtube.com/watch?v=SpSKk-3p2lg

New thread

he was a nazi not a jew