Controversial opinions

Do as the title says and post controversial opinions that are bound to disagree with either the mainstream opinion of the general Cred Forums opinion. Also this thread should try to be a judge free zone.

Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist
>This album is one of my top five favorite Smashing Pumpkins albums. I was first exposed to the greatest hits and then I was exposed to this album. I enjoyed the rock tone but desired more so I went through their catalog prior to Zeigeist. Some of those albums were truly inspiring but something about Zeitgeist kept me coming back to it. THe vocals are mixed way to high but the drums and rythm section are drool worthy. Not to mention that there are some straight up solid tracks, you have yourself a great regular album and an average pumpkins album. In spite of this, I have sentimental attachment to this album and will continue to rock with it. Playing United States as I type.
youtu.be/2nTsBsYzZRE?t=556

I've still never heard this album

BRING THE LIGHT

I FOUGHT WITH ALL MY MIGHT!!!

On the subject of Smashing Pumpkins, I've only heard Siamese Dream and didn't like it.

Neocrust is better than d-beat

WitTR is only good live

Oasis > Blur

Eddie Vedder's folk songs are the best part of Pearl Jam

Ian MacKaye's voice works well for Fugazi, Minor Threat, and The Evens, but it made Embrace pretty awful

99% of NSBM is fucking terrible

Scream Bloody Gore is way more enjoyable than Leprosy. I won't say better, because the reason I don't enjoy Leprosy is that it literally feels diseased and gross, which I guess is the point. Despite this, I actually love goregrind-era Carcass, as well as the band Regurgitate

Carcass was a GOAT grindcore band, but I don't actually like their melodeath stuff. Despite that, I'm a huge fan of the melodeath band Hypocrisy.

Gojira is one of the GOAT metal bands, but they're still basically the Coldplay of extreme metal.

God Hates Us All is a good album.

Sodom is the best classic thrash band.

Blank Generation is one of the best punk albums ever.

Ray Cappo of Youth of Today is one of the greatest frontmen in the history of rock music.

Patrick Flynn of Have Heart is one of the most underrated lyricists ever.

Marina Diamandis and MIA are still attractive... even if MIA is a bit of a moron

Amebix had a huge, underrecognized influence on the sound that became second wave black metal

Interpol is terrible live

Sage Francis - Personal Journals is a fantastic album, and the only reason people don't like to admit it is because he's kind of an annoying guy.

"This Love" by Maroon 5 is a great song.

Miley Cyrus is way more tolerable when slutty than when wholesome

Tom Morello is an interesting guy whose opinions are worth hearing

Dee Snyder is a cool guy.

Avenged Sevenfold is a terrible fucking band.

GISM is overrated.

The Black Dahlia Murder is scenecore.

That is a perfectly reasonable opinion. The beauty of the Smashing Pumpkins is that every album has it's own distinct feel.

Gish
>Definitely a psychedilic record.

Siamese Dream
>An album that has gone through fifty different effects pedals and three different runs on pro tools.

Mellon Collie
>One of the most varied albums. Equal parts quiet, soft, introspective, and explosive.

Adore
>The Smashing Pumpkins tries their hardest to be a Cure album

Machina 1/2
>His second shot at a double album. Huge guitary effect pedals to give everything a metallic and eletronic edge. Very fascinating set of records that get better with every listen.

Zeigeist
>Straight up rock record. One of the more accessible records of the discography.

Teargarden 1/2
>Very very divisive. Still give it a listen

Oceania
>A true return to form. One of the more progressive albums they've made. Loud guitars and a true soundscape in the background. Very good.

Monuments to an Elegy
>A solid firing of Smashing Pumpkins to the audience. Very new Pumpkins sound, but polished to a mirror sheen. Interesting record.

The Beatles actually are fucking great by the metrics of consistency, listenability and danceability, things that should be valued highly.

Ian Gillian was the best vocalist Black Sabbath had.

>99% of NSBM is fucking terrible

This probably isn't controversial.

>Eddie Vedder's folk songs are the best part of Pearl Jam
My man

>Gojira is one of the GOAT metal bands, but they're still basically the Coldplay of extreme metal. Saw them live. I felt it in my chest. It was them and Lamb of God opening for Metallica. Fucking stellar experience.

Bob Dylan ruined pop music. Before him songs were well crafted, arranged, sophisticated.

I think Motown kept that around for a long time, but modern hip hop fucked that.

I unironically believe that grimesfags should all be buried in a shallow ditch. Zero redeeming qualities.

Nice! They seem like they'd be good live. I'm not a big fan of LoG, but I hear Randy Blythe is a great frontman.

I'm not going to lie, both openers (Lamb of GOd, Gojira) but on fantastic live shows that matched the energy of the headliner (Metallica). I know so many people hate Metallica but I gotta admit, they know how to play live and really bring the energy to a live show

Led Zepplin is an ultimately unimpressive band

I'm willing to concede that they are a really good studio/live band that stands out in a sea of mediocrity. They just know how to play the game more so than other bands.

Yeah I can agree with that

Holy FUCK I was going to post this a few days ago. Zeitgeist is a really fucking good album. While Corgan's voice is a bit high in the mix on tarantula and a few other tracks, the album is one of the best rock albums of the 2000-2010 decade.
United States is fucking great.

I remember the tour for this album; it was done in really small venues and people were all pissy because, even though they played like a 20+ song setlist, they only played a few of their major hits. Fans fucking suck.

Most of these are on point. God Hates us All is fucking great. Tom Morello is ok, but "Profits" of Rage is dogshit.

Controversial Opinion - Insane Clown Posse are fucking geniuses with their merch and live shows that are fun as fuck. Riddlebox, Milenko, and Jeckle Bros are not bad (the rest is unlistenable)

Racer-X is Big Black's best album in terms of consistency, even if it doesn't have their best overall tracks

>I remember the tour for this album; it was done in really small venues and people were all pissy because, even though they played like a 20+ song setlist, they only played a few of their major hits. Fans fucking suck.
The residency tour songs were so fucking good. The shift from acoustic to far out guitar was amazing in every sense of the word. Rose March, Question, Transulescent, they all provided a unique feel that was entirely separate compared to Zeigeist. I find that the best tracklist to that era is all the residency songs followed by Zeitgeist (with all the bonus tracks). That double album matches the intensity and earnestness of Machina Double Album and skirts on the outer ridges of Mellon Collie

I think Machina 1/2 are my favorite SP albums along with PI
I found ITAOTS really boring and its really pretentious
I never really liked Kanye until I listenened to LoP and 808s
I prefer cd to vinyl but I still own both formats
I think a lot of p4k and fantano -core is actually half decent but requires you the form your own opinion on it
I really don't like the swans that much
I could really care less for death grips but I found govt plates and notm really enjoyable
I feel like the one 2814 album is really the peak of vaporwave for me

Corgan being high in the mix will be some producer / mixer saying fuck this bald twat. No way it should have been released like that without being sabotaged / intentional. Corgan must be half deaf by now

Early Beatles > Later Beatles

Gang of Four's blend of Punk, Funk, Noise, Politics, & Sex is most fully realized on their best album Songs of The Free.

Amnesiac is the best Radiohead album, OKC and Kid A are only 4th and 6th respectively.

Siamese Dream wasn't mixed in pro tools mate

I'm super stoked to see your complete list. Here's mine (and I'm only rating studio albums. EPS and live albums are not welcome). Also I'm not proud of this list but it was the best I could do under short notice.

1. Ok Computer
2. Hail to the Thief
3. In Rainbows
4. Kid A
5. A Moon Shaped Pool
6. The Bends
7. King of Limbs
8. Pablo Honey
9. Amnesiac

I did not know that. Thank you for informing that. So was Butch Vig in the studio every time Billy felt like re-recording his band members parts? Or are all the sounds I hear legitimate instruments with very minor effects?

>ITAOTS really boring and its really pretentious
Only the covers are. The rest is 10/10 perfection.

good list except for Amnesiac at #9 desu

Amnesiac
In Rainbows
A Moon Shaped Pool
OK Computer
Hail to the Thief
Kid A
The King of Limbs
The Bends
Pablo Honey

regardless of order I really love all of these except Pablo Honey, which is still not bad

Glad to see another HTTT fan. Amnesiac was my first real favorite, and then In Rainbows overtook it for a while, but it's switched again. Love that album to death. It's often referred to as Kid A 2 or Kid B, but I think that's rather unfair to it. It's Kid A's darker, more sinister cousin and a far better album imo.

>So was Butch Vig in the studio every time Billy felt like re-recording his band members parts? Or are all the sounds I hear legitimate instruments with very minor effects?
The album was recorded in 4 months. The final mix ended up taking 36 days to complete.
Corgan and Vig would sometimes work on a 45-second section of music for two days, working 16-hour days for weeks at a time to achieve the sound Corgan wanted.
All the sounds are legitimate instruments.

Amnesiac is slowly rising in my list. Slower than I would like but still rising. I think out of all the albums I've listened to this was the hardest to "get". King of Limbs was an ordeal until I heard the "From the Basement" recording and the the addition of the two separate EP's (Daily Mail, Supercollider) which enhance that album like no tomorrow.

>All the sounds are legitimate instruments.
That is so goddamn sweet. I've heard Siamese Dream described as a symphony of guitars and I'm stoked to know that's exactly what it is.

Daily Mail is actually godly. top 3 songs of theirs along with Life in a Glasshouse and Weird Fishes. TKOL might have my favorite b-sides of any era of theirs.

and I agree, while I really love TKOL's studio version it's even better on the From the Basement version

Regurgitate are great, nice to see someone into them here

I think Brian May should have sung the low part in Under Pressure because David Bowie's voice didn't fit that well in my opinion.

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Genesis aren't all that good even though I like heavy prog and prog in general.

Bernd Noske of Birth Control was the best drummer singer live and I've never seen someone perform as perfectly and as passionately in that position.

I heard they tracked 50 takes to get the guitar sound but that must be a myth.

cost over half a million to make and corgan played guitar and bass parts himself while james and darcy hung out pouting
>why did they split up?

This is actually a fantastic pop concept album

Too bad she's a rapist