Holy shit

holy shit

goat album to cry to

I agree with half of your statement.

it's not actually good

All downhill from there.

It´s better than anything Radiohead ever did for sure

What's the best track and why is it Rebellion?

truuuuu. but that's not really an accomplishment

It's not that great an album, but In the Backseat is such a fucking phenomenal end that it seems a lot better than it is.

I know, it's great. Fantastic, even. As close to a flawless album as one can create

Tunnels (neighbourhood #1) is objectively the best song on the album

ISSS DA LAST SONG OF DA NIIITTEEE
DONT FO-GET TO TIP DA BARTENDA

Yr mother should have named you Laika too faggot

It is pretty good and so is neon Bible. The suburbs is a bit to long and the next 2 albums are dead to me.

Funeral - 10/10
Neon Bible - 10/10
The Suburbs - 10/10
Reflektor - 5/10
Everything Now - 2/10

It's astounding how bad a band this good got so quickly. Part of me think it's some sort of ironic joke.

>The Suburbs - 10/10
Too much filler.

In the Backseat is one of the two songs that have ever made me legit cry. Not sob or anything, but a few tears for sure.

That whole album is amazing. I bought a record player just to play the vinyl of it

It's pretty great, and I really dislike the genre/style of music it comes from. The additional instrumentation's is neat on this album because it serves as more than just background embellishments and the drummer's very versatile. I can see most people not get into the vocals, I wasn't too big on them the first time, but they work well as being sincere. Also really like the approach to the theme the band took (celebratory rather than depressing.)

What are some other songs like Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)?

It's great how Arcade Fire Gets worse and worse chronologically. Neighbourhood #1 is one of the best indie songs of the decade. Each song off Funeral remains a great song, but get a bit less interesting (i don't mind Rebellion, but it pisses me off how the piano plays one note the whole time, it gets tedious)
The first four songs off Neon Bible are near perfect, but it loses its energy and pace in the second half.
The Suburbs is personally the best, but i do get that people find it super boring. Too bad The Sprawl II is near the end of the album, otherwise this pattern would have worked perfectly
I respect Reflektor for what it tried to do, but other than a few nice moments, its forgettable
and then Everything Now

Can we all agree that Everything Now was the most disappointing musical release of the year?

I for real have never been so disappointed in anything as much as that album

Neighborhood #2 is the best for me.

None of the songs are bad, Funeral's a classic. If you're checking them out for the first time give their EP before Funeral a listen, it's pretty interesting, but their stuff after just isn't the same.

Reflektor had all the warning signs, only yourself to blame for having expectations to begin with.

Rebellion is 10/10

rest of album is 8

It's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. It's their worst, no doubt about it, but it's not the spawn of Satan like everyone seems to think it is.

>that guitar part at 3:49

please tell me im not the only one who finds this so utterly emotional

reflektor is fantastic and their best album

Name one (1) worse album than Everything Now.
Pro tip: You can't.

>BUT SOMETIMES, WE REMEMBER OUR BEDROOMS
>AND OUR PARENTS BEDROOMS
>AND THE BEDROOMS OF OUR FRIENDS
>THEN WE THINK OF OUR PARENTS
>WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THEM?

I mean, there's probably hundreds. You just don't know them.

Lmao u give reflector a 5 and think that suburbs is a 10/10? What the hell are you on buddy. Also giving everything now 2/10... gr8 bait mate

Rebellion is by far their most over rated song. I don't understand how that ended up being so popular.

Call me a normie but Wake Up is one of my favourite songs

You're thinking of Ready to Start, mate.

The Shaggs - Philosophy of the World

Yeah this had been on my radar for years but never got around to it until just now.

Jesus Christ is it good.

It hits all the right marks for me. As emotional and earnest as Soft Bulletin, and as organic and roots oriented as Fleet Foxes.

Listen to Neon Bible next.

This album is the absolute sonic representation of a winter in Quebec

James Murphy never should have gotten involved

He's great but they don't mix well at all

I will
Haven't listened to the album proper but a friend had me listen to My Body Is A Cage, and that track brought me to my knees.

I think that Everything Now still had a couple of good songs. I personally like Everything Now and We Don't Deserve Love, but most of the album sounds like the worse parts of Reflektor (coming from somebody who defends Reflektor)

lol no

every song on Suburbs is 10/10

put your money on me is fantastic

Really the beginning and end of Everything Now is at least 8/10. But the middle is like...horrible so it really drags the whole thing down

Dude i love The Suburbs but Rococo is fucking shit

literally one of the best tracks on the album

Rococo is literally top 3 songs on that album. Absolute 10/10

You're thinking of We Used to Wait.

Are you thinking of the violin part? The only guitar going on during that part of the song is fuzzy power chords.

Tunnels (neighbourhood #1) can't be the best song on there because of whatever the fuck they did with the lead guitar that makes it sound like it's being played with a broken cable connected to the amp

best song is Neighborhood #3
fite mi

>Win Butler: For “Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)”, I went to record the guitar part alone, put my headphones on, and it sounded amazing. I said to myself, “I did it.” And then it turns out Howard forgot to put the guitar mic on. He only had the vocal mic on and it was on the other side of the room, and accidentally no one turned it off. That’s the track that’s on the record. If you really listen to it, it sounds insane, it almost sounds like a broken record.

Yeah, it sounds really bad. Don't understand why they'd just go with it.

I don't think it deals with religion that much

Great album, shame their others suck.

Power Out and In the Backseat are the patrician choices

>Neon Bible is bad

Scaruffi said it was like a mix of Sonic Youth and Talking Heads

Actually now you mention it I don't think I listened to Neon Bible all the way through but The Suburbs had two good tracks and a bunch of filler and the two after that were just completely shit

ITT Plebs

Haiti is the best song on the album and the best thing the band has ever done

No Cars Go or Sprawl II is the best thing the band has ever done.

I really like Haiti but I feel like it's a pretty pleb choice for best song, sorry m8