Demon Days still holds up today. What was it about Humanz that made it forgettable...

Demon Days still holds up today. What was it about Humanz that made it forgettable? What is it about Demon Days that makes it memorable?

gay

I think it was that Gorillaz, with Demon Days, established itself as a project that takes elements from all different genres and makes a unique pop album with it. Humanz wasn't as sonically diverse as Plastic Beach, Demon Days, or even S/t, which is why it was so blurred and forgettable. More unique songs like Hallelujah Money were actually more interesting to me as they stood out more.

I don't know what I like about Demon Days or why I like it so much, but it's an album that I can just go back to and listen whenever

I'm a fan of Out of body and Ticker Tape for whenever reason. Normally I wouldn't listen to songs like that

I'll say that Humanz isn't a terrible album, its actually pretty good for what it is, but I still don't understand why it ever had the Gorillaz name attached to it

agree with this user.
demon days was unique because it blended elements from all these different kinds of genres and had a unifying force in damon's lyrics and sound. he had some different features on the record, but they were all brought together in a way that added to things instead of detracting.
humanz, by contrast, is uneven and bland. its production is modern, sure, but it's also abrasive and hackneyed. some songs genuinely feel unfinished. the features are much more of a grab bag; although some work others feel like they're just there because damon went "fuck it let's throw them in". they clog things up in a bad way.
basically, demon days is memorable because it feels like it was an album that a virtual band like gorillaz could make. humanz is much more focused on its many collaborators, and without a clear vision it suffers greatly.

Its your hrt

Humanz feels more like a collaboration album than a Gorillaz album

I know it's a stupid fucking food analogy and we're all sick of them but,

Humanz felt like a buffet, and that reflected the quality of the songs.

S/t, Demon Days, and Plastic Beach were like multi course meals that were carefully constructed.

Humanz is excellent though and while it may not be a better album than Demon Days it's still a great listen in its own right.

This is the big mac of food analogies

My gripe with Humanz is that it seemed more like "Gorillaz is alternative poppy sounding music with rappers" and reflected that bottom line, it was constrained by everything that came before instead of being its own thing, whereas Demon Days didn't necessarily have to play into a decade plus of people's expectations.

>Demon Days still holds up today.
It absolutely does not. What the fuck is wrong with this board and its nostalgia for early 2000s shit? Is it just that you guys have a raging boner for this time period because it's when you were kids?

Underrated post

edgy faggot

Tighter songwriting, mashed genres but made it sound more organic, more detailed production...

>I like this song
>Why?
>Because it sounds good
>Why does it sound good?
>Idk I just like it
Why are you like this? You aren't ACTUALLY passionate about music like you say you are, right?

Why are you an asshole?

Demon Days is mediocre and Gorillaz is a mediocre band who have probably only 3 or 4 good songs. The whole thing about this band is its concept which is very creative, but that's all, they're pathetic and not worth listening. Listen to other bands instead if you want to challenge your taste, you're wasting your time with this faggots, seriously.

I T ' S A C O P Y P A S T A

It does though. Show it to every normie you want and you'll never have a "uugh, this sounds so old" comment about it.

Post your Gorillaz rankings my dudes

Imagine not liking demon days because its popular and not experimental enough

What do you for what it is? Even as a hip hop album, it fell flat. There's no particularly memorable lines or excellent hooks.

And the Gorrillaz influence should have saved it. I don't know why Damon didn't have a more prominent presence in the album. We all know he's the driving force but he took a backseat for his guest performers and they were unable to make the album stand its own ground.

Singles such as Saturnz Barz and We Got the Power were simply red flags of what the album was gonna be about.

Because Humanz feels like a focusless compilation album where all of the artists tried their hardest to make the most half-assed works ever