If a girl asked you what music you listen to whats the first thing you'll show her

if a girl asked you what music you listen to whats the first thing you'll show her
remeber you like this girl
but you dont know what she likes
what will make you look the best

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JW6qclrl7tA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hM5altwu8
youtube.com/watch?v=4qQyUi4zfDs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Avant garde jazz.

>I only listen to good music like The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Sublime, Gorrilaz, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Candlebox, Green Day, and Eminem, not like the other kids at my school who only listen to (c)rap and Justin Bieber

First thing anybody knows about me is my music taste because I wear nothing but shitty metal shirts
but when people ask me about my tastes I always tell them I listen to really anything, and the first thing I put on when I'm with normies or showing people I don't really know is usually bedroom, mac demarco, or earl sweatshirt depending on if they're into hip hop or not

Harsh Noise

weezer pinkerton always

>I wear nothing but shitty metal shirts
>listens to mac demarco and earl sweatshirt
you are a false do not entry

I always start with Swans, I can hardly relate to bedroom or post-Demarcore.

Candy Claws - Pangea Girls

I don't care if I drive her away, my main girl is Calypso.

you calling me false, huh, buddy? well GUESS what? I may listen to mac demarco, but I also have a blackened drone noise band that has released on izedis from enbilulugugal's label and am working on a split with an obscure cybergrind band for my hentai-themed electro slam project
so suck on those marbles falsey

oof

Madlib or J Dilla

The Flaming Lips, GBV

K-Pop

>if a girl asked you what music you listen to whats the first thing you'll show her
Royal Trux - Solid Gold Tooth

Motorhead, then Slayer. If shes still interested, death metal like Deicide, Incantation and Morbid Angel

Your metal shirts must be really shitty.

IM TIRED OF HAVING SEX

>if she's absolute normie tier
”Uh Muse, Coldplay, Queen idk lol”

>if you feel she's got something going for her musically
Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Yes, Bjork etc.

>if she might actually share some sentiment with Cred Forums
Weezer, Sufjan Stevens, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, American Football, etc.

>if she's immersed into 2018 degenerate popular culture
Kendrick Lamar
Eminem
Migos

>if she's Asian but like kinda in touch with her Asian side
Rich Chigga
Joji
Kris Wu

>if she's Asian but she's basically white
First

>if she just appreciates memes more than music
NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL
DEATH GRIPS
KERO KERO BONITO

Or whatever terrible taste in memes we have on Cred Forums nowadays.

What an atrocious reply.

OT: The trick is to name an artist that they already know, for example Chet Faker (because he's normie tier now) But instead of going for his big hits play one of his older tracks, like his Archangel - Burial cover. This way you sound normie and deep at the same time. Works like a charm.

damn

Probably cocteau twins, tindersticks, the the, thin Lizzy or some classic bluegrass, depending on what type of chick she is

TVU&Nico always

Some sort of Ambient/Darkwave/Neoclassical I'd imagine.

actually disregard all that. I'd play this song when I'm driving her home at night sometime
youtube.com/watch?v=JW6qclrl7tA

My negro

I genuinely like Mac Miller and I know normies like him so I usually say that

I suppose it depends on the type of girl somewhat, I would need to get a better feel for them.

But usually The Smiths is a good one, especially if they're some "indie girl". It will make you seem hip and poetic and "in touch with your emotions" or whatever.

I got my first ever tinder date by asking some indie girl if she wants to get drunk and cry and fuck to The Smiths desu

>”oh just you know, like indie folk or whatever”
>proceed to play some generic soft folk like Great Lake Swimmers or something to get them to think you’re a soft artsy type
Link related
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hM5altwu8

Can’t go wrong with Talking Heads.

Talking Heads is a safe bet

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe

I don't know if this is ironic but I actually love almost everything on this list. Basho is king and Pan.Thy.Monium are great

ariel pink probably

I don't know wheter it just keeps getting worse or better, but I love it just as much regardless.

easy

youtube.com/watch?v=4qQyUi4zfDs

Brand New is normie enough for some people to know. If they dont know that, then I say Radiohead and Kanye.

your mistake is not asking what she likes before you show her something

silly user

Elseq 1-5

you sound like a huge fucking faggot lmao

this
cocteau twins are a good choice as well

>"oh haha, i was just listening to this track, i think youre gonna like it; here, its called the anal staircase"
>"oh not really? so you want something different? there's this one called remote viewing 1. but you might want to sit down because its a bit long"
>"no? well maybe you can try 4-Indolol, 3-[2-(Dimethylamino)Ethyl], Phosphate Ester: (Psilocybin)..."

no offence user but you sound like a massive twat

Woah nice

Yeah good choice

Dr. Dog is always a safe bet

Depends on the girl. Usually pretty quick you get a feel for what she likes and can find common ground. If you like a lot and know a lot it is pretty easy. If I don't know her that well yet I'll just make a judgment based on what she looks like, I talked to some girl for like two hours about Blink-182 yesterday.

if i actually like a girl, i can't resist the urge to bombard her with romantic goth music like Lycia until she cracks mentally and has sad slow sex with me in the dark.

if i don't actually care and just am trying to get/keep a fuckbuddy thing i will fake interest convincingly in whatever kind of music she likes. i can even do rap to a limited extent, though all the rap i'll play for her will be by white rappers. never been called out on that before though, weirdly.

"I'm a big fan of Dad Rock"
Never failed me, and it makes em smile

underrated post

the answer is always the smiths and bowie

Swans, they're both popular and accessible. I would probably name HANL and Death in June next for the same reasons.

Gorillaz - Demon Days

That album has so many genres and they’re all good so it would show that I’m an all around kinda guy

who's Chet Faker I'm new here btw

joking or not that's amazing taste

TMV