youtube.com/watch?v=ef-4Bv5Ng0w
youtube.com/watch?v=TMe77G42j_8
youtube.com/watch?v=xu7UP4wdn7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we

No.

Wites

Literally not true
Surely it's more racist to have a genre with a race in the title?

Not really because Africans had music in Africa. Also fuck her because Django Reinhardt was a gypsy and he was incredibly influential in jazz.

blacks don't own jazz, you racist

I've always thought of jazz as classical music's black American cousin, so I'm down with this.

>implying racism isnt privilege plus power

>implying blacks understand equations

I don't respond to bait

god back to fucking pol

>my aunts son

>an oppressed class reapplying their music to coincide with the oppressors values of good music
I don't even fucking understand, why would you want to have anything to do with classical music if your ideal is affirming black culture as independent?

So you think that the OP image is correct? Are you saying that you are a history revisionist when things don't line up the way you want. Well I tell you something buddy, that OP image is fucking wrong and I'm going to prove it. Just you watch. You aren't going to stop me like my mom stopped me. Get ready boy.

jazz is post classical but who gives a fuck. let the nigs have their little accomplishment

Classical is a term used to define white people. My music is called fancy pants dancy dance notes on sheets of paper.

No

Are you implying that you listen to music?

chopin was writing proto jazz pieces hundreds of years before jazz even existed

youtube.com/watch?v=ef-4Bv5Ng0w

lol theres literally people on this board that think black people actually invented new chords with jazz. its laughable.

No, but Nina was raised on learning classical, so I get why she'd associate them in suck a blunt way. If you wanted to play Mozart in Carnegie Hall and instead had to play Erroll Garner you'd try to conflate them too.

>lol theres literally people on this board that think black people actually invented new chords with jazz. its laughable.
There's no such thing as inventing a new chord in western classical notation, chopin didn't invent that either. This is a very silly post.

i didnt say chopin invented chords. i said dumbass jazz faggots think a "jazz chord" actually exists. you dont even realize how many delusional jazz posters genuinely believe jazz invented new chords. lol even mac demarco thinks his music is jazzy because he uses like 1 7th chord per song. im the jazz destroyer

Of course it's not true, the whole thing about jazz is that it grew out of a cultural intermingling. Jazz owes just as much to the Western canon and Latin-American musics as it does to any folk musics from Africa.

She might be more reasonable in saying the same thing about the Blues, but even that's not really accurate.

The sentiment behind her statement is true (well the first part, the second part is total bullshit)

It's hilariously obvious how white (as in Burgers, not actual white) people prescribe genres based on the race of the people playing it, and it works both ways which is why blue-eyed soul is considered a different genre from soul

There's no end to the music that is just slapped with a race-based genre related to the performer, rather than what type of music they are actually playing

I still call it "JASS"
Im a hundred & 12 years old!

races have different vocal cadences and as a result they produce music differently. especially blacks considering how different their voices are. to deny this is delusion. there is a noticable difference between black and white music

It isn't and whites aren't privileged anyway. Your premise is entirely wrong.

Shut the darn up

Nina Simone is so based it's beyond us all and if you say anything bad about her you're an obvious newfag

>Fuck whitey, but MY culture has to live up to the standards as whites

sounds like shes talking about jazzcore, whereas classical jazz would be considered more groovecore

>"black classical music"
>has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the classical era
Jesus, it's hard to defend black people when they make such ridiculous claims.

this is retarded, there are white rappers and black rock singers, they're still rappers and rock singers. there are different genres more associated with black or white people but it has to do with history not biology lmao. probably bait but still

Nina Simone is awesome.

Big 'C' denotes era, little 'c' denotes art music as a whole. Stop trying to play semantics when you don't know how.

>ooga booga le ebil white man

That simply isn't true. It's a common language mistake and nothing else.
If you want to refer to western art music (which the vast majority of jazz music isn't, it has a lot more to do with popular music than anything else), just call it western art music.

nice

Language is descriptive, not prescriptive.
> just call it western art music
I typically do, simply to avoid dealing with trolls of your caliber.

topkek

>trolls
What is this, 2012?

Evidently it is, because I'm still having this same fucking discussion about linguistics on Cred Forums.

no, there's just two statements without any proof of anything

Wasn't jazz invented by whites? Blacks playing jazz didn't become popular until the late 40's and 50's.

I doubt she said that, but that's insufferable edgelord talk.

I'm actually surprised that you didn't post Bethoven op. 111 to go with your retarded argument.
>dude classical composers already used syncopation, pentatonic scales and 7th chords so they invented jazz lmao

>implying meaningless buzzword isn’t meaningless buzzword plus buzzword

okay so lets say a black person has 0 power but 10 prejudice. 10+0=10. So therefore the black person has 10 racism, meaning black people can be racist

Plenty of historians have called jazz the American version of classical music.

Rhythm & blues and jazz are the two genres that Americans can be thanked for. From these two genres stem the cultural imperialist memes like rock and rap that have taken over the rest of the world in the past century.

That's just a meme that came from the desperate search for an American musical identity that started on the 19th century.
No serious musicologist takes it seriously.

>whites aren't privileged
Delusional

hol up jamal

Racism is racism. Only libtard faggot negros try to defend their supremacy. Real niggas flaunt the fact that they're racist and admit whites deserve to die

Why can't Cred Forums just keep to it's own board?

Given the influence of classical music (primarily impressionism but also romanticism, though there have been examples of fucking baroque as of late), yeah, it pretty much is.

Fuck man, I think I have 12 racism.

that doesn't work because if you have 0 power you aren't adding power and racisim you are just adding zero which is nothing. You need a greater than zero quantity of power. I appreciate your creative logic but it doesnt work.

Jazz is literally dumbed down french impressionism that's rhythmically driven

I don't know about that... Depends on the jazz, really. Early jazz was probably closer to the blues and those work-song/spiritual roots, just with war-surplus horns and stuff.

Bill Evans and his ilk certainly borrowed heavily from impressionist harmonic language, but that wasn't until the 50s at the earliest.

a well informed post on Cred Forums? well id never

You really think racism is a meaningless buzzword?

It certainly has become one.

It's not, that's not a real equation. And you didn't even get that right, it's discrimination + power.

>zero which is nothing.
Wrong.
> if you have 0 power you aren't adding power
So? It's addition.
>You need a greater than zero quantity of power.
Again, not if it's addition. This is why culture math is stupid. You'd have to make it multiplication.

Nina Simone only exists to be namedropped in women-empowerment articles

you are so misinformed, like ugh.

read this post and take note :

Same desu

yeah dude and rhapsody of fire is like classical's new european son

The worst classical pianist is better than the best jazz pianst

But that's demonstrably untrue, since the first works most absolute beginners learn are sections of classical pieces, and thus, they are (at least temporarily) classical pianists.

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=TMe77G42j_8

>one blind black guy is better than every white pianist combined

>dude glissandos lmao

I'm better than this hack

he plays a 200+bpm section at doubletime and improvises tempo shifts and harmonic restructurings with such ease that you probably didn't notice

youtube.com/watch?v=xu7UP4wdn7I

Find me one glissando in this piece he was performing as early as 1929

How much of a mentally deprived IDIOT do you have to be to try to discredit Art fucking Tatum? self-taught blind black man had more talent 100 years again than any musician you listen to today

>he plays a 200+bpm section at doubletime and improvises tempo shifts and harmonic restructurings with such ease that you probably didn't notice
meh i can do better

Prove it, record yourself playing and timestamp it.

no one cares about you

your mom is neglecting you so you can have this argument on Cred Forums right now

Don't feed the trolls, dear.
If the man wants to talk out of his arse, it's best just to let him.

dude he was indisputably shit to anyone who doesnt spend all day jerking off over jazz. Metal fans aren't this autistic

It just sounds like a shittier Liszt.

this:

astute and profound criticism from the MENTALLY DEPRIVED IDIOT again

uhh it's like those other guys who play, uh like, idk a lot of notes and stuff, but BAD

bravo, and the Nobel Prize in twattery goes to this cunt

sage and report these dumbass threads. they have nothing to do with music and are just racebaiting.

Jesus Christ mate we're just having a discussion here. Art Tatum and ragtime piano is garbage.
I'd rather have something like Dave Brubeck or Tyner McCoy that has something else besides techncal wankery.

Get fucked, tripfag

sage and report these dumbass posters. they have nothing to do with music and are just egobaiting.

Art Tatum isnt even ragtime, you dribble of cum on a faggot's cock

>these posters don't like what I don't like
>they must be baiting
How insecure are you? One thing I'm gonna give it to you I completely confused ragtime with stride so here's that.

Jazz is literally American classical music, just like how "classical" is European classical music.

Hey, you illiterate sack of shit, read that sequence again. I was calling the tripfag inserting his ego into the discussion and nothing else a BAITER, not the morons.

The only thing that people who disagree with me are baiting is logic and rational thought that's like a dildo fucking them senseless. Apparently senselessness was achieved as your narcissistic self assumes anything and everything HAS to be about YOU.

Go get a tripcode and a positive AIDS test, retard.

>and admit whites deserve to die
They are right. Fuck wh*te "people"

>my music is black music from the 1700’s in Vienna

If you say so

alright so you're a high school student. Did band already happen or is that your last class of the day?

Could you quote the post in this thread that hurt you so much? Are you perhaps a jazz pianist? Are you mad that nobody cares about jazz piano anymore?

Jazz has stolen everything and literally innovated nothing

It's just hip hop for special snowflakes

>alright so you're a high school student

project more, insecure college freshman

This one, the one where you still exist

>n-no u
The absolute state of jazz posters. Why don't you go make a /jazz/ general? Oh that's right because they all die before 100 replies.

>Can't define what is privilege or power
>Can easily just reductio ad absurdum the whole equation
So if a black person is threatening a white man with a gun in a all black neighborhood and calls him a slaver, it's the white guy who is racist because black people are poor?

So if all the power and "privilege" belongs to a black person in a given scenario what happens exactly? What are the parameters here?

you cannot disconnect that event from the power structure of everything else and what has forced the black man into that situation.

really good. reminds me of my childhood kek

jazz is shit

>MUH IMPROV

Every single jazz piece
>band plays main melody
>each player does a solo
>return to main melody
>end song

this but unironically.

Jazz is best absorbed through books and listening to the music, not bragging to autistic self-conscious bitter schoolchildren about which albums they heard lately.

In short, our parents hug us without lamenting that missed abortion appointment.

imagine being mad because a tripfag came in and reported a thinly veiled Cred Forums post lmfao

>quoting a famous black jazz musician
>Cred Forums posting
what

Why are blatant race bait threads allowed to exist like this?