I like this song

>I like this song
>Why?
>Because it sounds good
>Why does it sound good?
>Idk I just like it
Why are you like this? You aren't ACTUALLY passionate about music like you say you are, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VSz42s-v59I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>gatekeeping

Why do you like music, user?

You sound autistic.

Did I hit a nerve?

>I like the sound of the rain and ocean waves
>WHY?! WHY DO YOU LIKE IT? YOU ARE PRETENDING TO LIKE IT IF YOU CANT EXPLAIN WWHY!!

No you are just autistic

>You need to be consciously aware of, and able to clearly articulate why you like something and be ready at all times to defend it
Only someone who spends too much time arguing on a Tibetan turtle scalping imageboard could possibly think this way. As long as you don't pretend to know more than you actually do, who gives a fuck? Most people are here for recs.

>Most people are here for recs.
lol wrong

>.t severe autism

Damn I really hit a nerve on these fellas

>OP hasn't realised that ever accurately explaining aesthetic preference is futile

absolute jej

why do you like the music you listen to?

not OP but because it makes me think

listening to a song is like reading a book.

>listening to a song is like reading a book
Wrong. Books suck

>it makes me think
What do you think about, user?

>Books suck
t.

It's simple for me to said why I like a song or an album. If you know your taste and why something is interesting for you in almost any human activity.
In my case I can said that I like a song when: 1) the composition can entertain my year, when I have to make an effort and pay attention to what it's hapening and surprise me with the result.

2) And this can be said about any human activity, when you can notice that the producer of the work have an understanding about what he is doing that let him pay attention to details that maybe not too many people can.

For example, this song by Jaga Jazzist, is really fun for me because it have a non stop melody that works with a motive that is changing every time avoiding to fall in a riff during the whole song. It's really fun for me to try to remember this long and fun melody and I also like the sounds chosen to produce it. Also,the drummer is great

youtube.com/watch?v=VSz42s-v59I

Why do we still let brainlets make new threads

Idk, I see music tastes as the same as taste in food, if ya like it you just like it

(You)

>book suk

It keeps my mind engaged. Some of it calms me down. Some of it is beautiful. Some of it stirs up passion. Some of it makes me laugh.

You did nothing wrong, fellas. I have no problems with you. The elitists however who claim they have some kind of superior taste and think they're big music enthusiasts however are the actual problem.

I'm I never felt that you were saying that I did something wrong.
In fact,I do agree with the message in OP, most people don't know why they like something and said things like "I like it just because I like it", as a lot of people posted in this thread.
Well, if you can only said that you like something just because you like it, do you like it and you can said just that? if you like something it makes you think, it makes you want to know more about.
Most people just listen things because it is said that you can't disagree about how great that thing is, like Radiohead, Led Zeppeling, The Beatles, etc. You ask them why you like it and they answer "because I like it" or "because there is a concensus about how great this is" or "because how historic important that is". They said nothing about the work, they just talk about the interpretation that history wrote about them. It's boring