What is your favorite time signature? Mine is 17/8

What is your favorite time signature? Mine is 17/8.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PL72Tyxe1rc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ah yes lets see, my favourite time signatures...

What's the song called
aking for a friend

This is actually one of the few funny memes in the last few days

>song is in 4/4

zzzzz. wake me up when a pop artist writes music with techniques influenced by bach, like grimes did:

>In small-ensemble situations (typified by the jazz and classical chamber groups) sonic interest is principally achieved through variations in scale, chord progression, time signature, and tempo (aspects known as the horizontal axis elements of music in music theory circles - since they're rendered horizontally in standard music notation) rather than through variations in sonic texture and timbre.

>In contrast to this, large ensemble situations (typified by layered/sample based music - ala Grimes - and classical orchestra/organ music) the opposite is true. Sonic interest is primarily achieved through variations of sonic texture and timbre (aspects known as the vertical axis elements of music in music theory - since they rendered vertically standard music notation) brought about by combining individual samples/instruments together in constantly changing configurations, while leaving the horizontal axis elements relatively untouched.

>One of the best classical examples of this latter method is Bach's Passacaglia in C Minor (originally written for organ, but transcribed here beautifully imo for full orchestra.Notice how, despite its extended running time and constantly variating sound, the horizontal axis elements described earlier are very simply defined and NEVER change (the entire song's chord progression consists of the same 4 chords repeated ad nauseum.)

>This is the sort of context in which the complexity of Grimes' music (especially regarding her earlier stuff) is based; constant, conscious variations in sound quality rather than formal structure.

>Most Grimes songs are verse-chorus-verse (unlike classical). In fact, they're nearly always close to verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus. Sometimes with intros, outros, and pre-choruses, sometimes extended a bit in her longer songs, but still pretty much following the pop "macro structure" formula.

Im going to eat your ass

Theres always that one guy that replies with Never Meant

remove grimes. you could enjoy grimes no matter your age.

It's over faggot, Grimeth is out. Dua Lipa is the new queen of Cred Forums. ALL HAIL THE ALBANIAN QUEEN

Why does every thread have to be a fucking grimes thread

dua lipa? lmao! you're a retard if you believe that. she's barely mentioned and it's a miracle if her threads reach even 50 posts. meanwhile there are countless grimes threads with 300+ posts.

show me a few

or make a few

Dua Lipa is happening, Grimeth is void.

Doubt anyone who enjoys TMR and listens to Scaruffi's opinions would ever listen to Grimes

Bork

dua lipa is a nobody. she makes generic music. unlike grimes, there's nothing special about her. she has no future on Cred Forums.

He gave geidi primes a 7/10 but he thinks the rest of her stuff is boring. The opposite to grimesfags

this. these people are way too pretentious to even enjoy her music.

Why

>he thinks the rest of her stuff is boring
did he really say or imply that?

>Grimes, the project of Montreal-based singer-songwriter Claire Boucher, coined a surreal form of dance-pop on the cassette Geidi Primes(2010). Highlights are Feyd Rautha Dark Heart, in which her soft mantra cycles around a tribal hypnotic polyrhtyhm, and the syncopated clockwork of Vanessa, which also offers the most spectacular demo of her sensual/childish super-ethereal falsetto.

>After repeating herself with less magic on Halfaxa (2011), Boucher shifted gear: Visions (2012) veered dangerously towards synth-pop of the 1980s, the fad of the moment (the tinkling and jumping Genesis, the sensual and subliminal Nightmusic, the Chinese-opera inspired Oblivion, the syncopated ballet Vowels = Space and Time).

less magic =/= boring. also 6/10 for halfaxa and 6/10 for visions are decent scores considering his very high standards.

Like a TRUE fan of music, my favourite time signature is 13.5/16.

>tool actually tried to claim they wrote a song in this time sig
>i like this band but i can smell the bullshit 30 miles away

Well

she looks old for her age

Isn't she 50 something?

yeah but looks 70

which song?

14/88

>implying that grimes' music isn't generic

I think TMR is a 9/10 and Visions is an 8/10

got any exemple or is it just a shitpost? curious desu

Honestly i’d prefer this. She’s much easier to look at. Her music is equally trash too, so why not?

7/4

1/1

4/4 is the only one I like because of my OCD. If I listen to a song in any other time signature I am filled with uncontrollable autism and quickly turn the song off and never listen to it again. One time I even used a music editing program to change a 5/4 song into a 4/4 song. Do I need professional help?

not even close

Exactly. It's fun pop music, i don't listen to it, but at least better to see more times daily than Grimeth.

i prefer 29/8

youtube.com/watch?v=PL72Tyxe1rc

it's not generic at all. asa proof, show me another artist like grimes.