Pet Sounds is also one of the most overrated albums of all time

>Pet Sounds is also one of the most overrated albums of all time.

snis fled memen?

he's not wrong

Listen to the instrumental only

>Same/Smaller age-gaps disparity marriage is also one of the most overrated relationship of all time.

I find it fascinating that the dude has this weirdly weak grasp on harmony. Like, if you peep his top albums none of them are harmonically complex although interesting for sure in their own way. But then look at all the musicians he shits on; Beatles, Beach Boys, (popular) Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Steely Dan, basically like among the most intricate cases of creative harmony in popular music.

He's autistic.

You have to leave this place pleb

he loves classical and jazz though which btfo popular/rock music in terms of harmony

he shits on harmonic popular music because it's a watered-down version of classical.

I mean are we really gonna pretend Pet Sounds is on the same level as something like a Beethoven symphony or Wagner opera?

No but there's actually no point in comparing art music with pop(ular) music. Pet Sounds is an amazing POP album and that's an actual consensus about that. To compare it to a Beethoven symphony is unfair since those two works have completely different purposes. You have to rate pop music for what it is not for what it isn't.

to answer your question....yes

its good for the 60s but if the same album was released even 25-30 years later no one would care about it

Sure, and in many ways I agree with you. But then why even try to work with popular music? Like, if you wanna talk other aspects of the music, Trout Mask Replica, an album that works through surreal sounding rhythmic interplay, is also hilariously shallow when compared to its classical counterparts. If he could also really take apart harmony, at least maybe an appraisal to a Beach Boys track like God Only Knows (which manages to have a harmonic progression on the depth of classical) or one of the many Steely Dan albums where the band's introducing complex changes on the level of some of the more sophisticated jazz systems in a couple songs would be worth mentioning.
It kinda happened with OK Computer, which is very much at least cared for by a lot of people in terms of being considered a GOAT album.

>gives Pablo Honey a higher score than In Rainbows and The Bends
He's a madman

>No but there's actually no point in comparing art music with pop(ular) music.
tell that to scaruffi. to him all music is even.

There's a good chance scaruffi has rated Avenged Sevenfold higher than your favorite band

I can see that. But that's retarded, in my opinion. You've got to rate music for what it is and for the context in which it was made. Has there been much more impressive studio albums created after Beatles' Revolver for example? Well fuck yes, hundreds. Am I going to say it's shitty because of that? Well fuck no, that'd be a very stupid and unfair reasoning.

Well yes but good thing it was made in the 60s and is therefore revolutionary within that context so what you're saying is pretty irrelevant.

If Beethoven started making music 50 years after he did nobody would care about it. That really isn't an argument.

>You've got to rate music for what it is and for the context in which it was made.
in an interview he said that he rates music purely based on emotional expression of the artist. so skill/production values has no effect on him

Okay, seriously, is this picture edited or does he just have virtually no neck?

he is slouching

I thought so, but it still looks edited.

He's lying, because then he'd rate people like Pat The Bunny highest

>grasp on vocal harmony
ftfy

God this website's dumber than usual. Almost three straight posts of retardation.

And yet no actual argument. Don't pretend to have a high IQ like me. Reality would come crashing down if you bothered to engage me, and you'd be made aware, once again, of your genetic inferiority.

Just cause it's overrated doesn't mean it's bad

true, btw

it is absolutely retarded to rate music as notclassical/10

Wow man great counter-arguments.

I'm and what the fuck did I say that you don't get?

bump

He's not wrong.