/daily/ - Give Peace a Chance Gavin Chance edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tijh7YAyu8w
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/roland-kayn/a-little-electronic-milky-way-of-sound/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/antipop_consortium/arrhythmia/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/gravediggaz/6-feet-deep-1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/flanch/flanch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You know I never really understood how the fuck these threads work. Like what do you do here guys

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

I got that but whenever I click on these threads I just see tripfriends making inside jokes and sharing charts with "+1", "+5" and stuff like that and I don't know how do these work

ok well here are a bunch of albums recommended to me by an old daily user called Terminus (he's dead now, really rude of you to bring it up). I'm going to listen to them all eventually, and maybe give them scores and write up reviews to share here as well.

having trips/names helps us track one another's tastes and history.

The term "drone" on this chart just means that it's a deeper look into another user's taste (or sometimes an artist's full discog). There are also tournaments, like the one posted here that Terminus won which led to the drone chart as his prize.

Or just make a chart out of whatever the fuck albums You want to listen to next, then rate and write about them.

>he's dead now, really rude of you to bring it up
But I didn't...
Ok thanks, I'm slowly getting it I think. How do tournaments work?

you go "hey im doing a tourney for __ number of folks" then everyone submits their albums, you pair them up then listen & rate, and the better of each pair wins, and those users submit a second album, etc etc. like in the lower left of , Baby Huey beat HANL because it's objectively better, so Rudi rec'd Jlin which lost to Max Roach, etc etc

Don’t want to jinx it now but this is the only thread left on Cred Forums that doesn’t use “soyboy”

bad post, get lost

RIP Terminus you're dearly missed

too much music, not enough time...

seriously
and yet im just rewatching the office anyway

You know the drill lads. Post qt monstergirls, discuss qt monstergirls, write about qt monstergirls. Especially qt birb girls. No futa, no traps. If you're into that kind of thing, please make your own thread instead.

better use of time desu

>music
3.5+
>the office

US or UK?

haha yeah

Go and make this an actual thread on /h/ or /d/ man i havent beat my meat in like 4 days

I find this album to be a bit of an oddball in No Wave scene, as ironic as that statement may be. The music and very structured and catchy, especially with its basslines being tasty as fuck. Elephant is the best track.

Double albums, triple albums, etc

Try to listen to the whole thing in one go at least once, or don't worry about that?

Is it different if it's a proper album vs a compilation?

Jordan Peterson is actually hunter hunt hendrix

i usually try and listen to the whole thing. depends on how long/good it is, but i'm down to let most things three discs long and below go as long as they need to.
i do the same for comps if it's not a greatest hits type thing. it's the job of the people organizing the comp to keep me as engaged as if all the tracks were new material.

we listen to music a lot, post about music a little, and shitpost a lot

It's not complicated. Everything else is just daily metagame

also its really rude of you to bring up terminus like that

iirc Jangle had some hot takes on this

do whatever makes you happy tho

rip term

>Post qt monstergirls, discuss qt monstergirls, write about qt monstergirls. Especially qt birb girls
slimegirls are best monstergirls

woke up feeling super grumpy for no reason

if it's super super long, I won't listen to it in one sitting, but it will usually be the only thing I listen to until I'm done with it.

also warm take:
soundtracks, if released on their own outside of the context of what they were made for, should be taken out of the context of what they score. releasing a soundtrack on its own states that the music alone holds its own as a work outside of what it was commissioned for. while a soundtrack being fitting for a work is a good thing, and credit should be given to a composer who's scores fit the tone of the main work it's building on, this is to the credit of the main work and the composer, not to the soundtrack itself.

Lots of songs about monstergirls here: Still working my way through this comp, it's 99 of the cheesiest hammiest songs I've ever heard. Also the "Nuggets" bit is a lie, these are definitely from the Sun Records or That Thing You Do eras, not the psych era.

It really depends on the album. You could listen on a single sitting to 69 Love Songs or Kesto but they can be appreciated on single disc listening.

>releasing a soundtrack on its own states that the music alone holds its own as a work outside of what it was commissioned for
I wish this were true, but I don't think this is always gonna be the case. Why would you want to remove context from a work of art anyway?

oh shit this slaps, i could see TMBG clowning on a cover of this
youtube.com/watch?v=Tijh7YAyu8w

Typically one disc a day, but if its short enough, 3 hoursish, I'll just bust it out

>I wish this were true, but I don't think this is always gonna be the case.
yeah most soundtrack releases are cashgrabs sadly, which is a shame
>Why would you want to remove context from a work of art anyway?
i don't want it to be that way, but if you're listening to something that's a piece of something else on its own, and it was released on its own (with maybe only a title linking it to the work it was composed for), there's no reason not to only judge it on its own merits.

usually if its more than 2 hours or something like
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/roland-kayn/a-little-electronic-milky-way-of-sound/

then ill break it up over multiple days

I want to try and get into some genres I haven't really listened to, so I'm going to do a tourney. The twist is, I want recs from a different genre of my choice for each round. Round 1 is rap, so gimme your best rap recs.

Freddie Gibbs/Madlib - Piñata

Busdriver - Temporary Forever

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/antipop_consortium/arrhythmia/

>10+ hours of noise
Never again

Player 1 & Bloody Bones - Crime Rate Sky-High

I think we're in agreement, could be just the semantics of "judging it on its own merits", but a soundtrack is always going to be dependent on another piece of art no matter how you look at it. It was created with that piece of art in mind. They complement each other. Yes, give credit to the music and the composer and don't speak to the merits of the film itself. That doesn't mean to pretend the film doesn't exist though.

it's very literal with it's title lmao

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/gravediggaz/6-feet-deep-1/

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/flanch/flanch/
fair enough. guess i'm just bugged by rym not having a way to filter out soundtracks like live albums.

Deltron 3030 s/t

young thug - jeffery

Organized Konfusion - Stress: The Extinction Agenda

Thanks for the recs so far.

To be honest, the only rap albums I've listened to are MBDTF, Madvillainy, and the Marshal Mathers LP, so feel free to recommend anything essential or entry level as well.

lmao

>up against thugger
fuck

ig it'll depend on if you like trap or not though

Lil Ugly Mane - Uneven Compromise
:^)

dj n-wee - The Slack Album

thats cheating right

If Deltron doesn't win this tourny is bogus

I’m listening to a remaster of Casals playing Bach Cello Suites and it honestly sounds amazing. The remastered versions of the recordings are perfectly fine, especially compared to some of the Furtwangler tapes that sound like they were recorded on an avocado peel.

earl sweatshirt i don't like shit i dont go outside

Dr.Dre - The Chronic

3 slots left. Disclaimer: idk how long it'll take me to finish this, because I plan to do it alongside my already scheduled daily listening.

FUCK

[1/2]

YOUR

[2/?]

Milo - So the Flies Don't Come

Can't find my wallet anywhere and just spilled hot coffee on my hand. Not the greatest day.
Boutta listen to the new KKB EP. Hopefully that will lift my spirits.

this is exceptionally angry and violent. three cheers. it's different just on the basis of its intensity. i know mu has some huge revenge fans, so i won't rip it apart, but i'll say it can get boring after long listens if ur not in "the mood"

I haven't listened to this one so I don't know if it applies here, but it took me a while to figure out how to listen to grind and really appreciate the songwriting.
That being said, there's plenty of grind and war metal with boring ass writing, so I'm not gonna guess which one this album falls under. Might give it a listen later today and follow up

it's riffless garbage

Are any of these a single long track?
other than Black Unity

and consume red, fuk

I mean To pimp a butterfly is pretty essential

Gimme some shit to listen to anons.

Try
Fishmans long season

boards of canada - geogaddi
Ricky Eat Acid - Talk to You Soon
The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I

Shoji Aketagawa, Kan Mikami & Toshiaki Ishizuka - Daikanjyo
Martin Siewert & Martin Brandlmayr - Too Beautiful to Burn

Kimbra - The Golden Echo
Fluke - Puppy
capsule - MORE
Houston - Bottom of the Curve

>Kimbra - The Golden Echo
wait idr why i came up with this
but it's still a better call than too beautiful to burn lol
gonna throw some more ig then w/e
dj logic - the anomaly
the go! team in general

Outkast - Aquemini

Yeah I thinks that's a little TOO abstract for me.

>Basa Basa - Homowo
Good to hear this ghanaian gem got reissued this year, although not really surprising considering it has a following. These 8 tracks deliver a joyful fusion between traditional african music and club sounds, what at first is heavy focused on rhythm sections is boosted by the synths work, and let's not forget the flute and vocals that add life to the album.

>Grateful Dead - Anthem of the Sun
Forget for a second about what these guys came to represent in a live setting and this might just be their finest output. I mean it's easy to recognize this as the start of the journey that was their career with the ever present jammings, the hunger for experimentation and a stronger dose of psychedelia had succesfully joined to the Dead.

this has been my life lately

would rec but I'm barely lurking these days and wouldn't want you to wait for me or smth

:c let us know if is good tho

okay here we go

don't worry; you were too late to make it in anyways

Listen to it however you want. If you're really "serious" about it you'll probably have some opinion on it but who fucking cares

>Jangle had some hot takes

Ya don't say

Are you fucking kidding me this was my time to shine ugggghh

It was good! Glad to see KKB exploring new territories. I hope they continue to change

>Ambient, Post-Rock, Electronic

If the next round is a genre I cannot handle I will give my spot to u

>Art Pop, Folktronica
Glitch Pop

post-rock is a pretty quick turn off tag unless it's used with slowcore/chamber music, and even then it's iffy

warm take #2: electronic should not be a genre tagable on rym. calling kid a "electronic" is like calling visions of the country "guitar."

You're right but I love trying releases with just "electronic" on them anyway

The vagueness of it makes the music feel less categorized, and I've noticed it often shows up in releases that are harder to place genre-wise

I've started questioning whether this was actually fish bullying me or someone with who throws on his name

>Experimental, Spoken Word, Electronic

>Progressive electronic, new age

>Post-Punk

listen to my mixtape

>Art Pop, Alternative R&B
>Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock
>UK Bass, Grime, Post-Industrial

send me link :¬)

bad posts

the fuck uses ¬ like that