I want to play in a band. I've never learned an instrument before. Realistically...

I want to play in a band. I've never learned an instrument before. Realistically, what goals can I set to make this come true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9KAYO3WhZ4M
youtu.be/Zwv3ar7tzM8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>acquire instrument

>practice

Go to the guitar and bass thread

You can do any of the following
1.learn how to sing
2.start a rap band since BH is in vogue
3.actually learn an instrument
4.watch guitar/bass tutorials on YouTube that even a crippled autist can follow immediately without proper posture or training that will damage your hand for years to come (recommended)

Even a retard can learn to play bass.

Buy a flute and join Jehtro Tull

just say you're a drummer
I've been doing it for years

>learn instrument
>make friends who also know instrument
>play with them
voila yr a band now!!!!

It's harder than you think. But practice every day and surround yourself with like minded people and you'll get there

>Get an instrument
>set a comfortable tempo
>play a melody in your head and try to play that melody on your instrument.
>keep playing to the point where your notes match the tempo.
>hit record
>welcome to bandcamp.com

more like vocaroo

make a beat happening tribute band

Dont join a band just produce music on your laptop with pirated ableton. You would be more of a use to people

I bought a drumset a bit over 6 months ago and it's really not hard at all. I'm a drummer/singer by the way.

do that and shill on Cred Forums

I've been playing guitar now for 7 months. Some days I'll play for 7-8 hours straight, and then I have also spent entire months off playing.

This is the level I'm at right now. Just getting into the basics of fingerpicking and I think I have a good grasp of being able to change chords properly.

I suppose you could expect similar results? I'm not really sure as I don't know anything about music.

youtu.be/9KAYO3WhZ4M

>4
fuck I ruined my hand self teaching guitar. I used to play piano but now I gotta concentrate on technique a lot more since .01% of tension in my left hand hurts like hell. ruined myself for the most pleb of instruments. Im kinda mad

You can suck other members dicks

how? poor technique pulled a muscle? my thumbs been weak for about a year now after i jammed it at a concert. i thought itd be better by now but i still feel pain in it..

Yeah it's not hard if you're playing completely uninteresting music

this is pretty good i would love to be able to do this. i think i would have a harder time singing this good

oh it's you again, did you delete something from your channel ?

how did this happen? what was your technique?

Get an idea of the sort of instrument you'd like to play?

Learn basic open maj/min chords(if you take up guitar)

Start a band that can play at your level, some people try to join a band with people who may have been playing for years already & then end up being blown away & quitting.

Try to do it while you are younger, I've been playing guitar/bass for years (I'm 50) & been in a few bands, honestly the older you get the harder it becomes to find new band people in your age group.
I don't really want to hang out with 15 year olds playing metal at my age.

Don't get dispirited if you don't find learning an instrument easy, the first few weeks are a BIG climb if you have never played before.

I'm not good by any means yet but I mean I'm a hell of a lot better than when I started, lol. The hardest part is the first week or two when everything is a gigantic struggle.

I am always adding and removing videos. Hello.

I see a major theme is to not give up early. I'll probably have to work out some sort of regular schedule and improve my own discipline so i dont give up. i think ill research guitars right now, thanks

Try to play for at least 20 minutes a day, if you can do an hour do an hour, but don't overdo it, because until you get callouses your fingertips will hurt.

Its better practice to do 20 minutes every day and not 3 hours once a week.

My schedule is 6pm to 7.30pm is music time every day, switch off the phone and just play. work on songs, you have to be dedicated to do this, but it pays off over time.

good luck with your new music hobby and your eventual band.

I wish that Popsicle was my penis and she was sucking me off if you catch my drift

You could just be an auxiliary percussionist, like Bob, from pavement.

Better idea to pick guitar, bass, or drums, start with stupid easy songs, and go from there.

He gotta be as charismatic as Bob to pull it of or he'll be that useless member that everyone keep forgetting about

>I need to take a shit! I've never learned to take a shit before! Oh my god! What goals can I set to make this come true?
please tell me you're only pretending to be retarded for shit and giggles

I wish I was that popsicle

>it's really not hard at all
this statement about drums is wrong

I'm a popsicle

Where is my phonecall?

Hahaha I've lied to my mates at college about this and a couple times i almost got caught when they asked me to play something when there was actually drums right there

Become an Indie artist; you won't require any real skill.
>Clairo, Pale Waves, The 1975, etc.

>I want to play in a band. I've never learned an instrument before.
tell me about your mother

1) bass is the most likely if you simply want to be a highly valuable band member without having to really strain yourself to be hyper talented or rack your brain to be the ideas for the entire project

2) buy some decent gear. name brands have higher price tags sure but its better because itll be easy to sell in the end if you end up not liking it

-fender mustang bass
-tuner pedal and other pedals designed specifically for bass
-ampeg bass head and cab
shit like this.

3) seriously practice at least 1 hour a day. just work on riffing and general dexterity and getting good tones etc. if you miss an hour on monday practice 2 hours on tuesday

4) ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT THING
once you find yourself in the band (hopefully you chose a good one) be a total expert on the entire repertoire and including the old songs and go out of your way to make sure you are listening to the song demos as they arrive.

there are so many talented musicians that end up sucking in band because they don't listen at home. complete fucking waste of time

ohh, hi Lorde!

Lorde is yummy

But he will never be good. Maybe good enough to play shitty rockist music and punk but nothing more

checked.

can you do the shit in this song? as you can see drummer is also vocalist
youtu.be/Zwv3ar7tzM8

Birth Control, ELO, Black Sabbath's, Ozzy Solo and Cactus. Sure. Uninteresting.

start a post punk band and be the singer, not too difficult lad