ITT: Post your controversial opinion or hot-takes

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/sousuo/r0.5
kanyewest.com/credits/
youtube.com/watch?v=VOncNynHbV0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i like theneedledrop

Anthony fantano is a closet racist

There's no such thing as bad music, only inexperienced ears.

K-pop is for fags but Grimes is cool

The Beatles are NOT overrated

faust aren't as good as everyone says

fantano's videos are pointless

y'all suck dick

Only people with no music knowledge would say that they are overrated

Cred Forums is the best board on Cred Forums

Alright, let's do this again.

Fact of the Year: American Idiot was the last true Punk album and the logical conclusion to Punk Rock.

I disagree, they are overrated, but they are still really good

They're incredible songwriters and composers but as individual instrumentalists, they're mediocre as explained by /ourguy/ Quincy Jones

elaborate

go back to red it.
Tired of Shit Dat and unironically MCA posted on Cred Forums. fuck off already.

*shit day, and MCR

Modern music is no better an art form than video games or anime. Hip-Hop, indie pop, and your shitty spotify rappers are laughably untalented. There's nothing wrong per se with liking them, but the way that so many Cred Forumssic fags act is just embarrassing, as if they are on the same level of /lit/ or /sci/.

>can't accept contrarian opinions
Go back to plebbit.

**faggotry/shit opinions

>fags
Why the homophobia?

Only people with no knowledge of theory would proclaim that The Beatles is good. Pop trash.

faggot lmao

"HEY FANTANO LADY GAGA WAS A FOOL"

"oh well clearly you didnt know her little monsters loved her concerts"

WHAT A WISE MUSIC NERD

Severed Survival > Mental Funeral

The Beatles aren't over-rated anymore because nobody has mentioned them in a decade.

The Rolling Stones are ass besides gimme shelter

Good thing I actually wrote this the first time I made the thread. American Idiot is a Punk Rock masterpiece through and through; it takes the political nature that formed within 70s-80s Punk and combined it with Alternative Rock, Art Rock and Pop Punk. The entire album relies on a conceptual idea (the utter banality of modern society under the corruption of office) that is demonstrated via the main character's struggles with suburbia, anguish and depression caused by his own family. Each track thematically represents the contrast between political turmoil and personal conflict, such as the melancholy of reality in Boulevard of Broken Dreams and the isolationism from the cruelty of life in Wake Me Up When September Ends, to the bluntness and utter disgust of government corruption in Holiday and American Idiot. This takes the listener on an epic journey through societal hell, unprecedented in Punk since perhaps Zen Arcade. Not only that, but musically, the album is Green Day's most ambitious work yet. Jesus of Suburbia separates itself via its multiple instrument changes and shifts, like a puzzle seemingly connecting into one, then shattering abruptly by the end. And plus, the aesthetical choice to include black, a shroud of bleakness and desolation, and red, for riled fury, seeps through such an artistic record.

During the oversaturation and commercialization of Pop Punk in the mainstream, the creativity Punk music ever had greatly diminished. Like most Rock genres, to seek any sort of authenticity, one would have to venture underground in order to find solace. Green Day almost single-handedly saved the genre from perishing in its own stereotypes, while keeping true to its Punk origins. Other albums simply don't employ such a prescient narrative, and suffer from emotional shallowness, ultimately not challenging anything as much as Green Day did, and achieved, as this record. There will never be a true Punk album as epic as American Idiot.

Freak Out! was more important to the artistic development of rock than Pet Sounds or Revolver/Sgt. Pepper's

American Idiot is garbage and you have a shit taste in music.
>t. redditfag on the wrong website

anthony peaked when he was shit posting meme reviews on thatistheplan

>can't even offer a legitimate opinion backed with reasoning on why an album is terrible
>retorts back by using the most predictable insult imaginable

Give 5 reasons why you abhor the album and stop being disgusting, you underage brainlet.

It's
1. lame
2. vapid pop rock
3. ?
4. It's shit

>needledick
gtfo

Music is the worst art

ayo dey be stealin our music and sheit

Green Day are and always have been a terrible band for people that want to listen to punk music but don't want to upset their parents.

The Velvet Underground were better than the Beatles

Guided By Voices are greatest rock band of all time.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Are you actually serious? Do you think those shit reasons really justify why this album is terrible? Not even a simple rebuttal to any of my points? Wow. You deserve every single brainlet wojak in existence.

And by the way, retard, American Idiot is not pop rock at all. It's an Alternative Rock and Pop Punk/Punk Rock album through and through, with elements of Art Rock, Art Punk and Progressive Rock.

that's just a fact tho

who gives a fuck.
Who wants to even listen to it again to make better arguments in the first place

Radiohead is shit.

Oh wait... this is a popular opinion, sorry.

I have heard a couple of Justin Bieber's songs.I could really never understand the Deep hatred that a lot of people had for him. He always gave off this vibe to me like he was just a kid that was skyrocketed to fame and had a hard time adjusting to it.

First utterance by Comus is just goofy spongebob music

To be fair, It's not about the song itself, moreso what it represents in the internet age. Baby was the first glimpse into the one fear we desperately hoped wouldn't come true, in that any average, mediocre and idiotic person could attain such a level of popularity that we had yet to anticipate. Had Bieber existed in a different time period before, he would be rendered as an obscure pop act left away by time. The fact he managed to garner such a huge fan-base via mainly the Internet alone began that fear hidden in the chills of our spine as a new trend. That famous quote "Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes" became a horrid reality, and an unmitigated disaster in the spheres of humanity. Justin brought this spoiled bread to the king's feast, and we all are it, both the peasants and the aristocrats.

You have to go back to plebbit, Brandon.

i think metal is for children

10/10

I've never posted on Reddit my life and never will

*manchildren

***adultsz

But you are posting on Reddit right now.

rateyourmusic.com/collection/sousuo/r0.5
Probably somewhere in here.

this is Cred Forums em you

Agreed
Cool analogy
He never said that he likes Bieber, he just said that he has got too much hate for what his music is (mediocre bland pop. A lot of similar acts never got so much hate though)
You're just acting like an asshole now.

>now
Faggot Day deserves nothing more anyway

its Cred Forums mate
90% of the people who use the word faggot here dont mean it in a homophobic way
faggot

He said they were bad when he first saw them in the early 60s tho. He didn't specify what he thinks of them later on when they really hit it off.

>Modern music is no better an art form
>hip-hop, indie pop

There's your problem, retard. You took the shittiest POP music genres (not art music genres) there are and said oh look how modern music sucks. Yeah, no, you're retarded.

Its more like a synonym for a soy boy

>He never said blah blaah bleh
He has to go back anyway.

what a faggot

This album wasn’t as bad as most Bowie fans make it out to be. In fact it’s his second best project from the 80s.

What about George Harrison?

i agree desu, american idiot is a great album, they perfectly captured the zeitgeist of the early 2000's and the bush administration

my point was really the level of hatred that he was getting ,like grown men saying ,"I'll smash that little faggots face in"

Classical music is overrated and is mostly just a composer trying to see how many times he can trick you into thinking that a song is ending

Go post on Reddit, fag

>argues by posting memes

Fantano is a fucking betacunt who got so frightened of fucking Fader that he now virtue signals all over Twitter to where he know tells people to go to women’s rallys and stupid lefty shit. It’s fucking embarrassing

kanye west is a garbage "artist" who doesn't write or produce anything.

>Doesn't write or produce anything
But this is objectively wrong

George Harrison is the best beatle and had a better solo career than the other members.

whoa if only we all were knowledgeable about theory like this patrician we could all enjoy music on the next plane of reality

not according to his song and album credits.

kanyewest.com/credits/

uh lurk before posting errr

prog katatonia > doom katatonia

this dude is a tool

*listens to Mozart once*

Heh... this Western art music thing that is thousands of years old and is vastly different every few decades because it encapsulates the soul and mentality of the time in which it was made is so overrated...

Grouper is the greatest artist of the 21st century

he's not an artist, he's a celebrity

there are 15yo soundcloud rappers/producers that are more of a 'creative genius' than him

how can 14 people write a song?
i'd say its ghostwriting but his lyrics are pretty bad tho, if he used ghostwriters they should be better than this

Or, and stay with me here, he's always been pretty liberal but just because he dislikes extreme leftists doesn't make him a Trump cock sucking retard.

t.first semester music theory student

00s Animal Collective are in fact a really good band that incorporated really interesting world/traditional music and electronic sounds.

>john wesley harding the only dylan rated
fvr whvt pvrpvse

Nu Metal > Grunge and theres only one good grunge album

I'm like 2,000+ ratings behind catching up realistically. I listened to a bunch of his stuff on a trip (and during a classical music history class that for some reason included him [???]) so I just rated my favorite.

early fall out boy was one of the best emo acts of all time.

"the beatles are overrated but good" is the "no homo" of music taste

of all time.

this

music is for children

and adults

Ween is Frank Zappa for smart people

So, what's your favorite brokeNCYDE album?

4'33" was the best thing ever happening to music

the one i haven't listened

like diapers you mean?

I don't have a twitter and Anthony Fantano is hosting it there so hes a bald headed faggot then.

>what if we did Stones/Kinks-core garbage with lolrandumb lyrics is more influential than Pet Sounds or Peppers
Yeah, that's honestly pretty accurate.

smart people are Frank Zappa for Ween

Adults are just big children...

damn...

i'm English, grew up on two-step and garage and Burial - Unture is fucking overrated, mostly by yanks who've never heard anything like it prior to the album.

The Needledick will be the new melon

>he can trick you into thinking that a song is ending
Mozart literally made a piece telling his audience when to clap because they were stupid enough to need it

except if they don't listen to music
then they're dead children

music is overrated

it's weird how no matter how many times we've been told, we pretend most album reviews aren't just the result of good PR between the reviewer and the artist's team (label, publicist, distribution, the artist themselves, etc.)

>I unironically enjoy some songs on his album

Completely fucking agree.

this

90s Hip Hop is up there with the best eras in modern music. Right up there with 50's blues, 70s punk, etc. Hip Hop is dead and has been for quite a while. The genre is reduced to a few fringe artists while the rest is a complete shitshow.

wtf is wrong with you. If youre on this site, youve got the blues. if you like the blues, you like the stones.

Queen was better with Adam

top cringe

i wish
t. pol

rock and rap are literally for faggots

Her music is EXTREMELY pleasing to listen to but even though I know my love for some of her albums is enormous that doesn't deny the fact that she's not particularly daring with her music.

not him but hes saying popular modern releases, keyword popular, its rap and indie pop bs thats getting the big numbers with most music listeners now. of course theres good music being released, theres always been good music, its just not popular anymore. popular music fucking sucks cock and hes right. go fuck yourself nigger

My Chemical Romance was the last culturally significant rock band so far.

Madlib > J-Dilla

Obviously he's always been your generic leftwing american type of liberal/progressive, but he is parading those views around alot more now after The Fader article. That artcile absolutely did scare him shitless, as proved by him deleting everything on ThatIsThePlan (which funnily enough makes it seem like The Fader had a point, because now it seems like he has something to hide). Sure, he said it was because of the channel not giving him any money, but that is not a reason to outright delete the channel.

As if there's any other choice.

Stoner metal is one of the best metal subgenres but Cred Forums indiscriminately sweeps it under the DUDE WEED rug

I personally don't see it out of the norm for him he's always pushed that stuff and maybe more so now but with Trump being president it kinda seems a given.

As for the Fader thing fine I'll admit it probably did scare him a bit with how the twitter fags like to witch hunt nowadays but it was a win for him with the Fantano channel. I can't remember how many subs he had on thatistheplan but this one seems a lot more popular.

Sampling is fucking lazy and all of you know it. Taking a loop from a song you like (or even worse, searching for music specifically to sample it) and placing an 808 over it is not on the same level as making a truly memorable riff/melody yourself

LMAO, when you realize there still making live performances. One of the members is bald.
youtube.com/watch?v=VOncNynHbV0

Paul was a ridiculously good bassist though

>Oh no, some people don't like gays on 4chainz
ISIS has the right idea t b h

so this is unarguably true
k, noted

>Tuning to B and playing the same rehashed pentatonic riffs at 80 BPM through a orange amp
>one of the best metal subgenres
I take it you don't listen to much metal?

The instrumentals in her music are great, but the vocals add nothing. She should either sing clearly, collab with someone who can sing clearly, or not sing at all.

>modern music is one single homogenous entity

Alright there Paul Joseph Watson

Have you ever listened to 'Endtroducing' by DJ shadow?

There's seemingly no creativity in sampling because you're (likely) not looking in the right places.

this album is god tier

>(arguably) rock's first double album
>unprecedented compositional complexity in rock music
>(arguably) the first rock concept album
>references to avant-garde composers in melodies and liner notes
>musique concrete techniques emploued on Side D
I think Freak Out! was probably among the first albums that treated rock music as "art" rather than entertainment, and that in itself was massively influential
Aside from that, it was instrumental in the development of prog and psychedelic rock, and The Beatles cited it as a key influence on Sgt. Pepper's

Pop punk has it's merits, but to say that American Idiot was the "last true Punk album" is absurd, and proves that you know nothing about the genre.

Radiohead are boring and did nothing innovative that wasn't done by other bands before. Also Thom is a whiny ugly libtard manlet.

I agree. Mix is real fuckin loud tho, but the songs are top tier

dogs are better at listening to music than you

Deja Entendu is the worst Brand New album

I think tripcodes are for faggots

i agree. it's actually embarrassing how much of that stuff is regularly discussed here. especially since Cred Forums people like to think they're any better than reddit.

made me reply/10

sometimes i think that ISIS is right. the west truly is corrupt and we need to destroy it.

it's Cred Forums, most people here are 17

Kero Kero Bonito makes you feel more depressed ,rather than happy, after hearing those nice sugary vocals.

I mean, I like the songs, but it makes me jealous knowing that there's people out there who (seemingly) enjoy living.

Baths is my fav musician

all musicians are ugly weirdos who otherwise failed with other major things in their lives

I listen to power, doom, thrash, sludge, drone, prog and groove, and doom/stoner bands are my favourite. You clearly have shit taste

Each Velvet Undeground album was worse than the previous one

David Bowie is shit and most of his songs are horribly mixed

I was half asleep and I first read that as closet rapist

Rolling Stones have more 10/10 albums than any other band I can think of. Not controversial in the real world but apparently on Cred Forums it is.

Boulez was right, rock music peaked with Zappa.

Fucking this. Full blown this. Even their early honkytonk sounds were excellent.

Many people on this board claim to be "patrician" yet they have never engaged with the canon of western art music.

Manzarek > Morrison

To be honest, Morrison was the least talented in the band. They should’ve pulled a Pink Floyd kept going with a different singer.

many people who dislike the new car seat headrest remake are just upset that their """le so indie""" band is now somewhat mainstream and normified. If you think the first Twin Fantasy is better, you're saying so to regress to a time when you thought you were hot shit for finding an underground band.

Quebec by Ween could have been a 10/10 album but they fucked it right up the ass with a spork

There is some good country out there, but like any genre you just have to find it. Just because other genres get more attention under the fine comb of sorts like Plaidtano doesn't mean that good stuff isn't out there in other genres.

Listen to Daddy's Boy pal. #12 worst album bb.

Wrong. Both are fucking trash.

Sort of agree. Neu! And Can are far better.

No because American Idiot was not even punk.

Back to Cred Forums PJW.

I disagree even though I love freak out! Maybe for experimental music in the vein of Ween but not much else.

No.

No.

No.

Good opinion pal.

Shut the fuck up faggot

OOO MASSA

>thinking this is controversial

Are there really people so dense on this board that they don't realize this?

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

Top 40 pop music has pretty much ALWAYS been bad aside from a few exceptions

I don't get why people enjoy radiohead to the extent they do. Some good songs but they don't deserve the cult following.

agreed

Quincy is just jealous he hasn't become as famous as them in the landscape of music history. To have so much critical and popular acclaim - it would be absurd to say that they are the WORST musicians of all time.

They tried and it was a miserable failure

Most of you are extremely neurotic about what kind of music you listen to and try your best to listen to what music you perceive to be 'patrician' or 'good' instead of just listening to the stuff you like.

He shouldn't have bowed to Fader the way he did but you're being hyperbolic here. Fantano doesn't do anything like that on his twitter.

k
no
no
K-pop I agree but maybe not grimes
YES
No, they have a point.
Eww. No.
Mmmm no
It's a no from me
nah
Perhaps
Then wtf are you doing here

No.

They just happened to be the last huge band back when rock was still more relevant and being a rock star still meant something
Now they're just for people who like IDM but wish it had melancholic indie lyrics

There's literally nothing wrong with being jewish

Crowds at experimental hip-hop and Soundcloud Rap shows are the closest modern equivalent we have to original loser-kid punks at early Black Flag and Dead Kennedys shows. Also, I believe that 70's punk culture would have closely resembled modern soundcloud/experimental rap culture if the internet existed then

CLPPNG was clipping's best and Midcity was boring and not very creative

>Why the homophobia?

Father John Misty is just Elton John for sad boys

Antknee please make this into a video senpai

Also, Beach Boys never made anything good, only innovative (and that happened like twice in their whole career)

there's a lot of fucking tripcodes in this thread and no, that isn't okay.

Fleet Foxes are the greatest folk act of the decade

When I first started browsing here, I wondered what was the problem with trips and why did people automatically shat on them as soon as they posted even the simplest, most inoffensive thing.

It's amazing really how justified the hatred it. For some reason trips are literally the most insufferable people in this fucking board, and I have no idea why do tripcodes attract such a specifically retarded and annoying set of people.

Fuck you:

this, tripfags should be shot

Because it takes a special kind of person to try and build a persona on an anonymous image board