It's gonna be over 20 minutes long

which one? APC or Tool?

Tool
Maynard hates Tool and their fans.

the title track, you mean?

>Maynard hates Tool and their fans.
is it still 1996?

>releasing an album 12 years since your last one
Why do fans insist on this? Clearly any band that does this is past their creative peak and will just be phoning it in for a quick cash grab.

Does anyone care at this point?
There are plenty of bands taking the kind of sound that Tool used to make and making music that is as good, if not better.

The latest APC single was dreadful and a good show that these guys have not a lot left to offer the music world.

Maynard's been phoning it in since 10k days.
The music will be amazing, the lyrics and voiceworks will be crap.

He's the least valuable member of tool and we all know it. I honestly wouldn't mind if they just released an instrumental album

from what i heard they wanted to record one sooner but had some legal troubles or something

Their last one sucked as well. This is just Radiohead for Juggalos.

Their last one has their best song

That's bullshit, that was apparently settled in 2015. If they had already written material over the last 10 years, it should take no time to just record and release the shit, not 3 years. There's obviously a lack of passion, at least on Maynard's part.

Jambi? The Pot? Vicarious? Sorry, I'm jumping straight to the singles. You probably mean Right in Two.

Rosetta Stoned

they probably have ideas that they didnt have time to elaborate on, and even aenima lateralus and 10,000 days were released 5 years apart, so honestly im not sure what to expect from the new album.

of course theres no way it will hold a candle to their 90s output but i'm not alone in being intrigued where they will go with this

adam jones is the weakest link in tool and it's not even close

Yes, Maynard isn't necessary and if he wants to stop recording with Tool, then Tool should go on recording without him.

>adam can maintain perfect timing while extremely complex polyrhythms are occurring and execute feedback swells with studio accuracy in a live setting
>maynard uses a megaphone so he doesn't have to scream anymore and doesn't even attempt the high notes live

I think the APC album will also be terrible. I've honestly forgotten about the new singles.

Indeed, i fear it might not live up to 12 years of hype. Not to mention how far they are in their career. Possibly, the music will be good considering how long the rest of the band has spent tinkering with it.

This.

>working on an album for 6 years
>quick cash grab
Pick one

I can't stand maynard irl but apparently he's been waiting for the tracks to be completed for years so he's not the slow one.

stongly disagree

Right Said Fred's been shit for years

>takes 11 years for band to record music
>takes him 2 weeks to record melodies/write lyrics

huh. really makes u think

The correct answer

It took them 11 years cause Adam Jones is a perfectionist, but he's a perfectionist to the point where it fucks up their career. Notice how Adam hasn't done anything outside of Tool.

>adam can maintain perfect timing while extremely complex polyrhythms are occurring
what tool song are you listening to that has extremely complex polyrhythms in the guitar part?