youtube.com/watch?v=KA7tPDEuUPU
youtube.com/watch?v=oHNnv1iHSJ4
vocaroo.com/i/s1ThNXzCkday
vocaroo.com/i/s0vPf2LdftxE
vocaroo.com/i/s0AxGCHMLCLH
youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_nL5KWcWM
youtu.be/pfqW889dDcE?t=35s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Solid state modeling amp or tube + pedals later for a beginner?
I know youre gonna say tube but Im still gonna ask.

start on a solid state amp then once you feel good enough on guitar get a tube amp

Don't fall for the tube amp meme. Get one of the Yamaha THR-10 models and a couple pedals and you won't look back. If you push your budget get the Roland JC-40 with the same approach.

what song is this /gg/
vocaroo.com/i/s1C6VR35whUS

Get a Boss Katana solid state amp.
It has built-in Boss effects, which are top-notch.
It's good enough to gig with, as well.

Why are you still giving advice when you’re just regurgitating what jcum says?

wait that's seriously what he says?

F O U R T E E N

Walk Don't Run

The allure of the P90 pickup...

thanks
Ace really quotes the Ventures as a main influence

get a monoprice then start your pedal collection.

Did he give you his phone number? I bet he wants to ask your bass teacher's number.

niet

p.s I got a better bass teacher now

blackstar ht-1 is one nice little tube amp for practice, sounds good and it's not expensive. you won't be practicing with a band on this though, if you expect to be playing with friends and there's a drummer involved this won't do.

How much do you plan on spending on your complete rig, that largely will tell you what route you'll go.
>.002¢
This is not terrible if you are on a budget, it is light years better than a Katana for about the same cost. Just make sure you get the new model with the controls on the front, the old reverb units sucked. These are rebranded Laney Cubs.

Please rate
vocaroo.com/i/s1SlS5kOJocX
multitrack vocaroo.com/i/s1EBIcS6E0cD

shamelessly bumping post

Had a chance to play one of these the other week, really nice for $400

3/10 your voice and rhythm suck

May be tube but it doesn't have the effects the katana does

firstpostie doesnt care since he is building a pedal workhorse anyway,

Fuckoff hugo boss shill.

Boss is good tho

yeah good perfums and eu of toilete.

Ebin

dont talk to me or my son ever again,
gg/ is a tube christian neighborhood you can have r/guitar if you want.

>r/guitar

Total shithole. Those faggots will actually defend Squire and Epiphone like they're "great guitars". Can't even be bothered with that shitty place.

For a beginner, Solid state. You can get good sound at low volumes. Unless you use a power break, you have to crank a tube amp to get it to break up.

And as the previous user stated, the Katana is a good choice for it's built in effects (plus it's just a great amp). Other notable amps in this category would be the Fender Mustang GT and the Marshall Code series.

I have this music part, it consist of some chords on a descending A minor key, one guitar is playing chords, another is doing tremolo picking over the root of that chords, and I was thinking about adding a third one doing something like taping the triads of said chords, will that work? or will it be too busy? any other ideas (inb4 leave it that way)

>katana
>>>/reddit/

>jcum avoiding ban
Post your stack

not him
this Cred Forums you either become an elitist or you can fuck off.

Just got this bb (bad boy) search for purple strat is over

Great color

>Squier

Who makes the coolest pedals and why is it electro harmonix

I was going to say sam but he still didnt build his booster and fuzz face

Still waiting for him to burn his shack down with his homemade amp

I'd like to know too.

Pull offs are a huge part of legal buddy

That guitar is so good. What other guitars have 14' radius or flatter? I know some Ibanez guitars have 16', and Hagström 15.

lmao Im a trained classical pianist and you're making fun of me learning a 3rd instrument. you're a guitar player. the most pleb of any instrument ever created. don't ever talk to me again you peasant swine.

What's your second instrument?

>trained classical pianist
>AKA, my mom made me take piano lessons

>most pleb not the drums
Pianists are stuck up cunts like you because they think the instrument is like years ahead of guitar since classical composers used them. Fuck yourself, synths are exponentially cooler

Why are you even here?
>t. failed pianist

>dad's kazoo

Skin flute

Whoever starts the next OP, please un-Reddit space it.
At least wipe the fingerprints off the guitar before taking a picture.

Is it wrong that I'm totally content with my Boss Katan 100 and all of my GAS is more for getting guitars instead of getting a tube amp or a Kemper or a Fractal?

it really doesnt matter, you arent that important or that good musician

Please rate
vocaroo.com/i/s1c0qCLE6hEJ

>Pull offs

The chord changes were not consistent. I didn't tap my foot for time but I suspect that the piece isn't metronome calibre. It's like you're splitting your attention between two tasks and your playing is suffering because of the split.

yeah i messed up, what about the vocals

>what about the vocals
What about them? This is a guitar thread.

this is a music board

The sad song of a gay Brazilian prostitute.

Mongolinho should do a cover of this
youtube.com/watch?v=3khH9ih2XJg

So start a thread and see what people think of your singing, then.

>what about them
Please rate it

I have been playing am acoustic guitar for 6 years on and off.
By playing I mean mostly noodling around. I know a bit of theory, but don't really apply much. I can "compose" one minute "tracks" of which one in 10 turn out well.
I am also playing around with a daw (bitwig). My goal is to make acoustic guitar mixed with bleeps .
How do I get better?

"please rate" threads are against Cred Forums rules

>How do I get better?
practicing

Guys I'm stuck between playing like johnny ramone and Kurt Cobain. I need to play differently but I dont know what to do? please help

No they're not

You should do one. Everyone is very encouraging, we are just dicks here on /gg/

i like dicks, remember im a faggot

Oh, yeah. Are you gonna marry jcm900fag? I heard is legal in Brazil now. You could start a band there, like Erasure.

It became legal way earlier on your faggotry pioneering country

Do it Samuel, seems like your kind of music.

So are you coming here? Do you have Jcm900 address?

24 posters in here and half of them are Roman. The other 11 are mostly here for guitar. Then there's you trying to solicit the opinions of the same disinterested group day after day. And when you finally hook one, you don't take the advice to heart and go practice. Instead, you hound for an opinion on something the responder had no interest in paying attention to... I can either here the guitar without distraction or not. This time the vocals were not so distracting that I was unable to form an opinion on the playing.

am I missing some sort of /gg/ lore here

sadly no

that's poor music, just vocals, how did it even get that popular

and?
>And when you finally hook one, you don't take the advice to heart and go practice
I do.

Maybe you'll like this version better. The video is about your lifestyle too

youtube.com/watch?v=qPOTEs_yTJo

Just the love story of two members of this guitar society. They share their interest on guitar, bad playing and the same amount of chromosomes.
Maybe I can help you to get his address, if you really want to marry him. You'll do a lovely couple. What information do you have from him?

Like I said, I've been doing it for 6 years.
I was looking on advice about how to practice.

intresting, tell me more

Has a client ever beat you up or demanded his money back Samuel?

>missing teeth

>What information do you have from him?
well he loves his tacos, buy all his gear used in a pawnshop, its a factory worker and lives in a trashy house with poor paint and cement floor.

Yeah thats why I was asking, he said he jumped from a bus. I don't believe it.

kek

less than other /gg/ regulars i believe

no. i only did it two times, unfortunately.

i really jumped from the bus. now i realize how silly i was for considering jumping while it was speeding on an avenue. would die or break shit

>no. i only did it two times, unfortunately.

Are you trying to expand your business?

not really atm cause my phone is broke so i cant advertise on apps

Just hit the streets dude. Wear booty shorts

This. You can advertise you playing guitar. Bachata&BJ. co

I spontaneously bought a bass
and I don't think it was a good idea, rip my money
I'm trying playing it
but whenever I push down the strings with my left hand
even when doing it as gently as I can
it makes loud annoying sounds
I'm too dumb for this

no problems on my acoustic guitar like that

this one was good.

i like guitars, anyone else like guitars? i like playing music on guitars. i have 3 guitars.

different clientele, more interested in fucking butts
i miss walking at night and approaching traps on the streets tho

like buzzing or what? Your strings are probably too low.

Strings need to break. Grab each string individually at the 12th fret and pull away (up) from the fret board, stretching a little. The strings are now out of tune, retune them. Grab each string individually again, then retune.

Just repeat. Until it settles. If you are afraid of pulling the strings you can do some large bends (like you would playing) instead.

Using either of these the strings should be "worn in" quite quickly.

More like pull away from fretboard 30 times, tune, repeat til it stays in tune. It'll take forever only pulling it once each time.

Actually, now that I think about it, what I've found is quickest is to pull it like 30 times around the 22nd fret, 30 times around the 12th fret, 30 times around the 5th fret, tune, repeat til it stays in tune. It takes longer to get it to stay in tune if you just pull it in one spot.

>tfw by the time the strings settle they already have rusty spots
thats why i just play for fun on the acoustic

There's a fat dude who lives down the street from me who has a really killer twin reverb. I'd say go with the tube amp. He's a pretty cool guy with an even cooler amp!

just like your mother

It takes like 10 minutes to fully stretch a new set of strings.

i can destroy strings in less time

What is the most expensive piece of gear you own?

Currently?

Gibson LP Standard

my music degree

my alien alltube notransistors amp

My dead grandpas 1951 Martin D-28

>amps cost less

>mexican't

That's a US model

Wat?

more like Homerxican

As for what I paid? I paid about grand for a jcm900 100watt and 2 1960 cabs(no, I'm not Sam's boyfriend, he has cheap cabs). My American elite strat was about the same. My bassman head and cab was about the same. I paid about the same for my American tele and blues jr but they were a package deal.

I gurantee there are transistors in that amp, even if they're not in the signal path.

>My bassman head and cab was about the same.
Nice, my man.

>bassman head
are you the guy with the beach bassman post it again that shit is seriously bonkers.

I’ve been learning for eight months and I have got pretty good at fast chords changes and strumming patterns. I have only ever used the guitar for singing and writing songs since day one, I don’t play anything purely instrumental.

My guitar teacher thinks that I should now make the transition to lead guitar and is trying to get me to focus on scales and improv. Thing is, I only want to use the guitar as a tool to drive my songs. I don’t really envisage myself in a band and if I was it would have be as the lead singer. I do not want to play electric and most guitar solos bore me to death.

Surely lead guitar is the wrong direction for me? Can it be of any benefit to a solo singer songwriter?

It's one of the less sought after ones and the speakers aren't original. Doesn't bother me any.

You'll just be like 80,000,000 other people who own guitars is all.

get a voice / sing teacher then.

ok next!

im interested on these tones, have you posted clyps here before

Wasn't me, I haven't posted gear here since before Roman got doxxed.

Pre CBS 1965 strat

how do i start to gain gear knowledge to improve my tone?
im using guitar rig and a prs se custom 24 and im unsatisfied with my sound but have no clue about gear or settings so i don't even know where to begin.

You can't just say that without a picture.

Guitar rig is one of the best ways honestly. Their pedal and amp sims are pretty close to how the real gear reacts to your playing.

Get amplitube too if you want to try other brands

>have no clue about gear or settings
what do you even play? how did you end up buying a guitar?

Not saying I don’t want to improve at guitar, far from it. But it’s for folk and blues songs only. If I could immediately acquire any guitarist’s skills I would pick Bert Jansch as an excellent fingerstylist (although he also did a shit tonne of instrumental works).

So can learning lead help in me coming up with chord progressions and melodies and so on to then apply as rhythms?

Don’t want to lose the natural qualities of my voice.

>guitar rig
kinda obsolete get a S-gear 2 or Reaper + lepou amp pack combo.

>get a decent guitar
>get a decent amp
>set all amp controls on 5 and guitar's on 10
>tone is good, switch to worrying about playing

>Don’t want to lose the natural qualities of my voice.
i see

keep singing like a dying cat.

The way you write makes me think you're being sarcastic, but I'm not too sure whether you're being serious

i'll record again trying to keep the guitar good

Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster in Sunburst

Not everyone is born tone deaf Sam. Lifetime unfair, I know.

I've posted it before

problem is i have no money thats why i opted out for amp simulation because i wouldn't need to worry about pedals and stuff and im playing mostly at home was this a huge mistake?
are any of these piratable and if not would i really feel a huge difference between those and guitar rig?

What are the down sides to this pedal? It has recreations of all popular muff pedals in one, but does that mean that they will be lower quality/not exact versions of the actual pedals?

Fender Classic Player Jaguar in Sunburst

yes also lepou amps are free and reaper you can skip the paying process.

>dont want to play lead
>no actual interest on guitar or playing in a band
>been playing for eight months
how could you think that was me
or has it become a wider meme

so you're on an ampsim? just experiment with it then.

Idk, I'd need to compare the schematics to see for sure, try one out. How much is it?

Please tell me that you didn't take the paint off.

a blend of classic metal,trash,stoner,rock,death.
and i just went to the store and asked for a medium priced versatile guitar,is there really much more you can do for your first guitar?
thanks i will check this out

is this your now white Strat sam? youtube.com/watch?v=Stnj22gHopU

fuck off yuifag/frooshfag stop suckin the macaco dick.

Get that thing refinished man, it deserves it.

you dumb

from the few tries ive had it sounds amazing. think some pros actually use it

That was me (eight months guy) replying to who I thought was you. I am telling you I do not sing like a dying cat, unlike some people unfortunately. Actually, pregnant cow might be a better description for you.

I do very much have an interest in guitar but I don’t have an interest in guitar wanking. Can lead techniques still be beneficial for a solo singer songwriter? That is what I am asking.

So, my old Squier VM 70s is just sitting there, collecting dust and now that I've been playing on a 6 string for 1-2 years I want to revamp this bass. I want to get it new pickups, do I need to change anything else? Would it be a good idea/doable to turn it into a fretless? I already have two active basses (an ESP LTD b205 and a Cort A6) so I thought turning the J-bass into a fretless with some new pickups might be interesting and different from what I currently have. I have a budget of $500, what pickups should I get? I was thinking about the CS60 ones but I never tried them. Would you change anything else? The color is 3TS.

no u

to be honest they probably gave you a pretty good deal. theres a lot worse options to end up with

Oh I'm sure you play trash.

>sing like a dying cat, unlike some people unfortunately. Actually, pregnant cow might be a better description for you.
Then fuck yourself and dont ask me shit

Ouch, hit a nerve there buddy. Keep hue hue hueing.

hows the 6string bass doing

would tolerate if you were my drunken friend, not that bad

It should be MoOmOoMoo

you already got your answer dumb fuck. dont learn lead and invest in singing lessons mr. singer songwriter.

It's different. Not exactly better or worse. If anything it made my playing more precise, because muting and slapping is quite different. Overall I find I can express myself more easily on a 6 string because you get more ways to apply patterns/shapes. Also you can do some better sounding chords. Depends what kind of music you play really.

>I’m shit

Should I just go back to drums like the failure I am? :3

Drums are perfect for failures

I don’t need singing lessons, I want to get better at finger style and composition. Jesus, like talking to a fucking brick wall.

cool user
i found it crazy when you announced your acquisition on /gg/ but then i realized forró bassists use 6 strings a lot
(starts at 2:44 after he finishes promoting his signature model) youtube.com/watch?v=KA7tPDEuUPU

no. stay rhythm guitar and be lazy. give up ambitions

The previous owner sanded it down back in the 70s. Used to be teal with a flower.
I like the natural wood look

RIP Gibson
youtube.com/watch?v=oHNnv1iHSJ4

then get lessons on fingerstyle and composition why you're asking here? want some baby powder on ur butt and a hug too?

>Should I just go back to /prod/ like the failure I am? :3
yes you should go back

>So can learning lead help in me coming up with chord progressions and melodies and so on to then apply as rhythms?
Absolutely

muh upright bass that's coming on thursday but for now

it's my Fender MIA Geddy Lee Jazz bass

The Upright costed $1,899.99

The Jazz bass costed $1,599.99

jesus you parents are shating money at you.

you know some people have jobs, right?

indeed your parents have jobs.

pull-offs are false legato

Yeah, like his parents.

lol

but I'm starting to make money so I'll probably buy me a bass halfstack

I currently have around $500

I thought ever so possibly someone might be able to convince me lead is more versatile and useful than just guitar wanking and that the knowledge can be applied elsewhere.

Sadly not, instead I just got a barrage of butthurt chucked over me.

At least put a natural stain and clearcoat on it. The humidity is going to ruin the body like that, it probably already has done some damage.

How is a pull off false legato?

I need to get a Reverb pedal but I can't choose between Earthquaker's Avalanche Run and Strymon's BlueSky. Any suggestions?

Trying to get a pedal collection started as the only one I have is the Ditto X2 looper

Sounds too weedly-woodly
Hammer-ons going down are much smoother
Most plebs won't know the difference though

if those are your starters, arent you starting off a bit high? i have the big sky and prefer that due to the flexibility, but the avalanche run sounds really good for what it is. the big sky covers a looooooot of ground and can also be used for simple things like slapback

It's been like that for 40 years, there was tung oil applied before I believe. I haven't seen any problems and I've had it for 15 years. Might look into refinishing it now though, I've always wanted a proper tobacco sunburst strat

Is this worth it? Looking to upgrade from my squier tele. I love the aesthetic and sound of Jazzmasters.

ah, i see. you came here to get people to answer exactly what you ask, because your questions are very good and well formulated since you've been great at sucking at guitar for 9 months.
well it seems you already know what lead guitar is - leads - and you dont like it and it would be a hassle just to learn it. it could give you arrangements, riffing and melodies knowledge, but you will learn that studying theory, composition and listening to music.

Why dont you grt mutliple pedals instead of spending $400 on one strymon. The cathedral reverb by ehx is nice

Allan Holdsword nerd bullshit. nobody else cares.

I've been playing for about 5 years now with no pedals whatsoever. Is it bad to start off with high end pedals instead of lower end?

Man, if I didn't know you were retarded before that posts I'm certain now. Of course there will be a timbre and dybamic difference because they're different actions but most people can train to make them indistinguishable. And any idiot can hear the difference between a pull off and hammer on because you can't do a true pull off to a higher pitched note. If you did that it would be called a hammer on.

yes. lower end pedals are better.

You should do a tobacco sunburst, sounds right. How many times has been refretted?

>you can't do a true pull off to a higher pitched note. If you did that it would be called a hammer on.
then it isn't a pulloff. what a fucking retard right here

Never. It wasn't played for 40 years until I got it.

Just google "Allan Holdsworth no pull off" and laugh.

You could get 4-5 good pedals for the price of one strymon or a good multieffects board like a boss gt100

no not necessarily, but even just going through factory presets for the big sky will take days. if you know exactly what you want it can definetly make that sound. if you just want any reverb then go for the avalanche run instead.

Nice.

why do all that effort? you can just look at the mirror.

If you want tone sucking pedals go for the cheap stuff, if ypu want to sound good and have no regrets spending cash go for higher end. Don't forget most of the poorfags here spend less on a guitar than the cost of a good pedal.

True, most people don't care. Just as most guitarists are absolutely shit at guitar

Or I can hear the pregnant cow.

its not an absolute truth that cheap is bad. its just a matter of finding the gems

even better. good idea! u dont even have to get up and walk, just open your smelly mouth.

Or I can hear your clips!

Not him, but is this thing worth if you're completely new to pedals/effects and just want a way of sampling a bunch?

Problem I have with pedals is almost everyone who makes sound samples are gonna be playing through a specific amp/guitar so its really hard to get an exact idea of how it will change your own personal sound.

Other problem is some pedals aren't always readily available to test in a store either, etc.

7 years i still have each of them, yet my dream is no longer music.
I play at least once a week, but i've forgotten all of the songs i know.
Now I occasionally learn guitar solos.

yes you can, no abusive dad stopping you man.

$229 from JHS themselves

I'm sorry that you had to experience that, but you are capitalizing it like a true faggot champ.

Don't listen to this idiot. Probably the same guy who has argued that compressors are placebos

i'm not the emotional borderline one in this conversation

Only if you want to sound like a Boss pedal board. Something like a Line 6 pedal modeller would be a lot better choice.

It has just about every boss pedal ever made so yeah it's pretty great for beginners. It also has amp modeling if you're looking to change or emulate other rigs.

Yes, you are. It's always you. Shit playing: you; retarded answers: you; stupid comments: you. At least you are not jcm900fag.

>line 6 modeling
>better than boss
They do some things well (like the dl4) but boss has em beat in the multieffects board. I tried both the pod hd500x and gt100 before buying one and the line 6 just sounded dry and thin. The great thing about the boss boards is that you get all of their classic pedal sounds.

Cool, will keep in mind. I'm a big fan of a J-Rock tone like in K-ON! and found the guitarist from K-ON! and his setup in this pic. I can only ID a couple of the pedals but just don't know shit about any of it.

I don't necessarily want to copy him exactly but at least I could try something from it at some point.

If you or anyone can identify some of his shit that'd be great.

yeah that was me with needy passive-agressive posts asking questions i already knew the answer about lead guitar. you are right.

when you guys are using effects and shit do you just throw the knobs around until it sounds good or do you actually understand what you are doing an realise your sounds with intent?
ive never played an instrument but am well versed in digital processing - ive always wondered how instrumentalists think about this

how to improve my playing and singin skills
vocaroo.com/i/s1ThNXzCkday

It's reasonable for what it does.
I was refering to the the stopbox modellers.

>singin skills

Another mistake. Well, keep guessing, you might get something right for a change.

who the hell wants a ps5? worthless tracking

…and im saying that as a ps5 owner

no, playing guitar and singng.

i urge anyone who is interested in progressing their abilities as a musician or producer to avidly avoid /prod/.
they are the blind leading the blind, pursue proper information instead.
they will not help you progress you will just waste your time

singing is not allowed it deviate the thread
its a platform to trolling too.

You dial in a sound you have in mind by adjusting the rate/sweep/time or just meds around and turn knobs if you're looking for something new

ye i feel like i shouldnt even try, its not gonna become a reality anyway, ppl these days dont wanna hear what i wanna play

why dont you check out some of Ben Howard's stuff, learn some of his songs

Google a thread like this one full of idiots like us who don't know their tuchus from their schmeckle and think that the thread subject line is proof of something. Reading the actual thread will give you more insight as to what is actually going on. Ultimately, it comes down to those of us who are trying to master a new technique and the rest who are happy with the status quo.

Just in case, do you play an Alien amp?

does that apply to ?
>if I was in a band it would have be as the lead singer

I play an all non transistors Hick amp. Just in case of what?

Holdsworth never played for Kiss, I'd bet a million dollars that poster isn't spamuel

thats the yuifag his baitfu is quite weak, guess he is a chinlet like the punheteiro.

This is why you faggots will never ever get good. You assume someone talking about learning a new technique is bait, how pathetic is that

Anyone plays their Tele with 11s? My Tele is new and I wonder if 11s work well with them.

In cases of severe stupidity there is always an Alien amp behind. Now I know that it can be a Hick amp too.
You must play a Hick or an Alien.
I don't understand your language.

I think Tele/Jazz would be a nice combo, don't sell the Tele.

I've been switching all my guitars to heavier gauges to play in D standard/drop C. Just put an on the tele, it's fine.

There's a big difference between 11s in drop C and 11s in E standard

what's the punheteiro?

True. I frankly don't know why you'd play with heavy gauge in E standard. I always played heavy bottom/light tops.

>I don't understand your language.
yeah ikr.

soloboy

it's a squier, shouldn't I sell it?

Does the jazzmaster have a slightly warmer tone than the tele?

>severe stupidity
Self-aggrandizing by way of ad hominem is not a valid argument. Point out the alleged flaws in the post.

That means an Alien too.

It does but it's a lot noisier and has a lot more growl.

>Point out the alleged flaws in the post.
A retard wrote it.

Tell me what your favorite
>delay
>phaser
>flanger
>chorus
>reverb
>modulation
is and why

Jazzmaster is the kind of guitar you should only buy after trying it out, unless you do enough research and are certain it's what you like. It's a very unique guitar.

whatever, why should i care?

I don't care, I'm trying to get good at playing guitar, not get good at playing pedalboards

oh ok

what do you mean by growl?

growl

Dude, I'm not Spamuel Compost but I must be retarded to keep responding to you. (I'm listening to the cat from this point on.)

>implying the two don't go hand in hand

Hey guys, can anyone here tldr their setup process? Specifically stuff line string height from frets around nut, 7,9,whatver frets, optimal pickup height, and everything useful really. Got my hands on a old guitar and I wanna get rid of the fretbuzz without paying if I have to, thankz

You have been reading his comments and listening to his music for too long. He won. We are all heading there, I hope it's not too hueUhe...

Try google. No one here will give you the caliber information you're looking for

Solid state bruh. Less headache, less money, equal quality. Tubes are a meme

>put my guitar in its case
>drive to tech
>tell tech what I want
>pick it up a few days later

I'm trying to get good at playing guitar, not get good at doing setups

>equal quality

vocaroo.com/i/s0vPf2LdftxE

How come? Surely someone here has some experience setting up guitar right? Just looking for general directions, like what are even all the necessary steps?

why are tubes a meme?
they provide a warm low mid and promote even order harmonics, to make a tube harsher you simply introduce even order harmonics.
tubes are the best starting point for creativity

I own an Ovation Magnum IV, it has a different body and an equalizer built in it, but I've always wanted a OM1. Anyone have one know of the differences in sound/quality/gear?

My last green tortex just died. What picks to buy next?

>tldr
pay the guitar technician dont be a miser

>get a voice / sing teacher then.
>Don’t want to lose the natural qualities of my voice.
>natural dying cat qualities

I use snarling dog. I love the ribbed grips. I never drop them

I just want an OM2 because it's well constructed, has an active EQ built in, adjustable pole pieces on the neck pickup, a push in/pull out mute, intonation measurements, an interesting body shape, and the fact Ross Valory of Journey and Kelly Grouccut of ELO used em

You'd have to be a lying pretentious cunt to say that you can't get the same quality out of a solid state

Adjust the neck until it's just barely concave, lower your strings until they start buzzing, then move them up slightly. Replace the nut if the strings are too low already at the headstock, or re-cut the slots if they're too high.

Then just re-do your intonation at the 12th fret. Nobody gives a shit about pickup height, you can mess with it to find the "sweet spot" if you really want but it's all personal preference as long as there's enough distance to stop the magnets pulling on the strings.

I bought mine because I love Paul D'amour and Kim Gordon. Too bad I only had enough money for the IV instead of the II or I

or maybe you'd have to be a lying pretentious cunt to say that tubes are a meme when they arnt and they both provide different distortion artifacts but you dont understand the differences?
sound can always be adapted to become something else, that is in the nature of audio, but they are certainly not the same.

ordered some along with tortex. i used to use dunlop nylons but they were too slippery for me. thanks

If you don't know what you're doing don't do anything to it. Repeat this over and over to yourself. Go to a professional, don't fuck up your guitar, don't even think about adjusting the truss rod

You're arguing with the kinds of people who probably have a turntable, dude. Not even a double blind test would convince them.

People who can't setup their instruments don't deserve to have them.

Snarling dog is all I've used for years. I've used other people's picks but they're like shaking hands with someone with a limp wrist

It's subjective faggot. Roland JC120s are regarded as very high quality. Its all about how much you're willing to pay. SS will always have different sonic properties than valve amps, regardless of price. I swear to god this general gets more retarded every day.

People who can't hear/feel the difference between tubes and ss amps don't deserve to play guitar.

can i into mississipi /gg/
vocaroo.com/i/s0AxGCHMLCLH

>I swear to god this general gets more retarded every day.
With your posts.

Do I really need to buy gravity picks from the US? I can't find a store in yurop that stocks them or dragonheart picks, I want to try out these meme picks.

forgot reference youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_nL5KWcWM

You sound like someone without education playing a shit guitar. Achievement unlocked.

I thought all squires were built in China, my old Squire Strat is made in China, but my friend's is made in Indonesia. Is one better than the other?

>Roland JC120
jazz

fuck off jazzist holdsworth guy
viral your hugo boss elsewere i heard /r/guitar love it.

i am literally describing that there is a difference, why that difference exists, and the implications and applications of such differences
can you not read

People who can't write clearly shouldn't post.

>le spooky truss rod meme

Guitar setup is common as fuck sense. You have to be completely retarded to fuck anything up.

Different wood or different scale neck. Just guessing

does my lack of grammar but precise use of correct information trigger you ?

PENIS PICKLED PEPPPER PUSSY PINCHERS

i think the digitech multi effects are better personally

No, not triggered. I'm use to deal with retards without any kind of knowledge. Look this one ---> Stop it, Samongolinho.

Do they still make Roland JC120s? I know they came out in the late 70s.

you can use the one from amplitube

not me. i got good grammar.

Different models are made in different places. Just like Fenders.

>I'm use to deal
ROFLMAO SHIT GRAMAR

It sounds nice and looks nice but I kinda wish I had waited just a little bit for the anniversary jazzmaster to come out so I could get that matching headstock.

Yes

Protip: There's this new thing called Google

they just revitalised them and reissued a very much updated version a year ago or so. a lot of problems with the old ones have been fixed. if i was in the market to buy a new jc id go for the new version

That's orthography, not graMMar.

>i got good grammar.
and good punhetas at xtube.

well i am not him and everything i said is completely accurate.... except i accidently said to introduce harshness to a tube you simply introduce even order harmonics, i actually meant odd order.
introducing slightly upper order odd harmonics to a tube will render very prominent and powerful tones, far more so than using an odd harmonic beginning. introducing 3rds will make it warm, 5ths will be growly, 7ths will be bright, if they are not built with the lower order EVEN harmonics they will not have these qualities, although there are obviously infinite different goals people could have.
starting with a bassline other than tubes at the beginning of your chain can make it hard to introduce those lower evens.

How do you play and sing a figure like that? at 0:35.
youtu.be/pfqW889dDcE?t=35s
The chords start on the "and". I ask for either bass or guitar.

yes it's grammar. you can't conjugate the verb "to use".

Why do you care about what I think? There is nothing you can say at this point for me to not think that you are retarded, besides an attention whore with daddy issues. If you want some approval start a punheteiro channel on xvideos.

can you adjust the circuit to make the tube create harmonics and even which interval it is?

Do you have a source for your information? It would explain why I started using 3rd diads and 7th chords so much after ownibg tube amps. I used to think a little gain made them sound like ass.

>Yes, it's grammar.
It's called typo. And commas? Are they grammar or orthography? Do you play like you write?

Who here /curving wrist for tremolo picking/?

New thread fucking when

different components deal with voltages in different ways and promote different changes, this is the reason different types of circuitry exists.
i mean saying that, i have never tried and people do all sorts of intuitive stuff so im sure you COULD acheive that and realistically it would probably just require some solder, some components and some thought.
because i am trying to talk about why tubes are not a meme you stupid fucker
desu no, all my information is gained over the past few years experimenting with synthesis, reading journals and books on the physics of music theory, i also used to read a lot on orchestration and composing, although i am not at all good at it.

what you are saying makes perfect sense because the overtones of the notes will compliment the natural order of the amp.

i wish i could play the guitar is why i am here, i enjoy talking to instrumentalists because i am surrounded irl by idiots who make terrible electronic music.

new insulin fucking when?

>chorus
Metallica used em for cleans, as well as a ton of other artists. Get cultured you taco swilling fuck

>digitech
You've got to be joking. They're $40 pieces of shit

>desu no, all my information is gained over the past few years experimenting with synthesis
lol
>reading journals and books on the physics of music theory
2xlol
>i also used to read a lot on orchestration and composing, although i am not at all good at it.
3x
I can see that your academic journey taught you how to express yourself clearly.

How's Nancy?

Original digitech and DOD (before they were department of digitech) are good, the new ones are pretty hit or miss. What board are you referring to? Because the cheap 2 button ones are garbage.

New Thread

I get you on that. I know how to build tube amps and get results on want but I have no idea how or why they actually work. I couldn't list a single source because it's been from everywhere. My goal at one point is to build an analog synth but I have no time to study it. Instrumentalists can be idiots as well, i know about 12 very solid musicians personally and about 60 garbage personally(that actually play more than twice a week). 1 out of 5 aint bad considering I cut my teeth in punk and metal bands where it was more like 1 in 50.