Fuck this cumsipping shitscribble of a website

Fuck this cumsipping shitscribble of a website

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Veqf8cUsSF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stop fucking checking it, no one in their right minds has given a shit about p4k since code nasty bought them out

>I hate pitchfork so much that I'm going to give them free publicity and keep giving them clicks
you guys need to make up your minds

This thread again? Pitchfork was basically some guy's blog when that first review was written

>You're not allowed to point out the laughably cancerous wrongdoings of a popular music publication at any time, ever

Considering everyone already fucking knows that they're trash, it's just giving them free publicity.

it isn't even funny, they just changed a score from edgy to acceptable, it's nothing new. call me when they rereview monkey piss

Everyone knows they are braindead shit guzzling retards, and it's tiresome seeing them dug up every day instead of fading off into nothing

I don't understand how you can be a credible critic and rate an innocent, or should I say inoffensive, pop album with a less than 1/10 fucking score. No matter how much you don't like indie/twee pop or whatever, to give something a 0.8 would mean it's one of the worst fucking things a man could ever lay his ears upon.

I don't even know what you're cursing them for. Is it because you agreed that it deserved such a low score, and are now angry that they changed it to a higher one? Or are you still angry that it got such a low score in the first place, and are now venting at Pitchfork for going back on their opinion? Or are you just angry at how Pitchfork goes back on their opinions in general?

why are you so insistent on giving them the press they want you bellend

how do you even give that album a 0.8? was it hip to hate indie pop in america at the time or something? this is like a cold war move

jason josephes is /ourguy/

in the infancy of pitchfork nobody would advertise on the internet, so they could do whatever they wanted with their reviews, which usually meant being juvenile, obnoxious, and arrogant at a level that wasn't warranted given how little they knew about music. i know this, you know this, they know this, and op is a dope for dedicating a thread to the fact that he found out pitchfork sucks yesterday

>I know this, you know this
wow thx trump

Never gave two shits about reviews so I've just found out this. Now I know. Giving a 0.8 to an album like that is shocking.

Ok the problem with this is that I'm pretty sure in 1998 Pitchfork was just a couple of guys in their basements

But that isn't the case. The thing with Pitchfork is, they don't review albums normally. The style of discussing how an album plays out, what songs are good and what songs just ultimately fail, and how it sounds just isn't all that goes into a Pitchfork album. They don't perceive the album presently, as in focus concretely on the aspects of the music. Rather, they look behind to other albums of the past and see how it relates to other albums of its genre, and also forward, foreseeing how the album will make an impact to music in the future. In this particular case, they might not have just focused on the bad parts outweighing the good. Rather, they saw how music would follow the template for the terrible aspects of this album, and how there would be more copycats of their music. In that regard, they might have thought it symbolically represents the downfall of Indie Pop as a genre, and that all the terrible trends could be attributed to this album.

and it still is, you retard

what point are you trying to make? a different author in a different time on what is now a vastly different website has a different opinion? woah. pitchfork is shit (always has been) but this isn't why

This is an incredibly famous fuck up on their part, it's almost like going on Cred Forums and making a thread:
>GUYS CAN YOU BELIVE NOLAN WROTE A SCENE WHERE THE CHARACTERS SAY "YOU'RE A BIG GUY" "FOR YOU"
It's pointless. And for what it's worth, their original review was fucking garbage, Boy with the Arab Strap is an excellent album, video related
youtube.com/watch?v=Veqf8cUsSF8

The scores aren't given by individuals but rather an average taken from everybody at HQ

Their review for this album was borderline nonsensical though. To call an album that starts with the line "he had a stroke at the age of 24/it could have been a brilliant career", overly sweet and saccharine is retarded, especially so when it has another song about a friend's suicide, a song about losing friendships, a song about the difficulties of going from being a shut in NEET to a popular touring frontman, and it finishing with a song about being severely mentally ill to the point where you really can't even leave your room. It just proves P4K was always shit and worthless.

No it isn't. They would never in a million years write those kind of reviews now. Their corporate owners wouldn't allow it.

Stop reading pitchfork