/jazz/ general

Jazz general? Jazz general.

What have you been listening to lately and how is it?
What jazz albums do you think are the most underrated?

Post/share/discuss jazz.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCBmfaRifew
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Fiuczynski
youtube.com/watch?v=TwHh-YOpHsg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJPfBCSjCSc
youtube.com/watch?v=TzI6TnaXjn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why are scandinavians so based at jazz? pic related

Boys if you haven't already you're in for a real treat. All classic disney songs. Watch out for "One Song", prolly the best disney cover I've heard ever

What album to start with these guys. They look coolish

check out Viaticum. personally have been listening to a lot more Avishai Cohen Trio which is quite similar.

will check it out, dig the concept.

youtube.com/watch?v=aCBmfaRifew

Had to hold back tears while listening to this. The whole album is gold.

>euros
>jazz

lmaoing already

> doesn't know django reinhardt or jan garbareck

>doesnt recognize no euro can compare to Americans

at least try bud, to this day ive yet to see any good euros who didnt study in america, and no django and garbeck were not as good as their american counterparts.

dont waste your time on such low quality bait. at least make them put in some effort.

Pic related is the last thing I listened to
Definitely one of my favourites, last track sounds kind of Reich-inspired. First track reminds me of King Crimson although I guess it's supposed to resemble Dolphy

>What have you been listening to lately and how is it?
Mostly Other People Do The Killing. I've fallen in love with Peter Evans' tone and in all honesty that's his crispest playing. Also, Paint is a fantastic album, just brimming with energy.

I've been listening to a lot of Andrew Hill lately, and honestly jazz musicians just make me feel dumb because it's hard for me to understand what they're doing. I find it very interesting, but I don't really "get" it.

In jazz and blues, white musicians have to play twice as good as blacks to get half of the respect

If Bill Evans, Chet Baker, Buddy Rich or Stevie Ray Vaughan were black, they would be given 10x more respect and mystique from cuck music fans

Likewise, if Dizzy Gillespie or Buddy Guy were white, literally nobody would care about them

No I must agree jazz is an american genre and so it has been dominated by americans. However that doesn't mean euros can't jazz

jazz is a genre for musicians by musicians, I think its very difficult for people to truly appreciate jazz without at least trying to play it.

Idk man this comes back to the where did jazz come from, and it really is a 50/50 white harmony black rhythms. and you have incredibly respected white musicians like bix Beiderbecke, joe pass, fletcher henderson, and benny goodman. the only people who dont respect white musicians are the intro plebs so I wouldn't take too much stock in it.

how does that compare to other genres you listen to? i just try to find stuff i enjoy listening to and save the understanding for the music i really love. I do find theres less jazz I enjoy comopared to something like rock.

There is some truth in that... but you're mostly missing the mark.

The thing I find most interesting is that black musicians who made very complex and cerebral music (Coltrane, Dolphy, Hill...) are praised as geniuses when the same people will blame white jazz musicians for trying to make the genre too academic and complex.

Strange stuff.

What are some good modern jazz guitarists? Looking for ones with unique and interesting styles ie holdsworth

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Fiuczynski

for your listening pleasure:

youtube.com/watch?v=TwHh-YOpHsg

contemporary jazz is extremely accessible. if you're looking at it from academic sense then of course a layman is out of depth.

I think it's because secretly, they don't think blacks are capable of being cerebral, so they're impressed and excited when they do see it

Like how people described Obama as "well spoken"

Pat metheny

Good solo here m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJPfBCSjCSc

youtube.com/watch?v=TzI6TnaXjn4

I think if you're talking about to the big band era then i'd agree its pretty accessible, but once you got to bebop it was out of a lot of people understanding.

A lot of black jazz musicians wanted their music to be academic I think people who dont know the history of jazz make the claims that it being academic was not a choice on the musicians part. the music isnt a schoenberg or a Liszt but it wasnt meant to be just some slop.

How can we convince her not to go through with the surgery? She's gonna be so unhappy when she cuts her dick off.

Can I talk about zeuhl here? I've been pushing myself to finish Attahk

its called jazz general m8

wtf?

You've got it backwards. Jaimie Branch WANTS a dick.