Transcendent genius or over-rated nonsense?

Transcendent genius or over-rated nonsense?
Or maybe something in between? But that's gay, grow some balls already and make a bold claim.

Transcendent genius

This.

Agreed, one of the best albums ever made. Has there been a hip hop release since that's even come close?

Transcendent nonsense. It's a bloated, shamelessly maximalist document of material excess and celebrity worship, but it's so focused and well pulled off that it all comes together in a consistent artistic vision. I'd argue it's both.

What's the best song on it and why it is "Lost in the World"?

great but not a banger you can throw on

devil in a new dress is the one

That's not how you spell "All of the Lights". Although the very opening to "Monster" is fucking god-tier, just a shame that the rest of the song is quite mediocre in comparison.

annoyingly overproduced pop made only for superficial appeal

This

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYHHHHHH SHOOT THE LIGHTS OUT!
HHHAAAAIIIIIYYYYYDE TIL IT'S BRIGHT OUT

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAH JUST ANOTHER LONELY NIGHT
ARE YOU WILLING TO SACRIFICE YOUR LIFE?

Garbage.

Genuinely what is so special about this album?

Like I've listened to it and it just seems like another rap album about fucking bitches and getting money with normie features like Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj. What's the biggie?

Bold claim, huh? Alright, fags.

Let me redpill you idiots objectively. It would be a pinnacle of humanity if every single album of his were deleted off the face of the Earth. Ironic how Cred Forums shuns normies for their shit taste in music, yet gravitates and worships the most normie rapper of all time. I just find it so disenchanting how since the entire inception of this site, people have criticized bands, musicians and artists for being terrible, derivative and "normie garbage" and shunned other people who were so passionate about their favorite bands as retards with shit taste. But when Kanye, a barely above average rapper makes some maximalist gimmick album, Cred Forumstants fawn over Kanye's mediocre lyrics splattered over 90 ocarinas of elegies and violent violins that penetrate the snails living in the roofs of my ears. Why does Cred Forums even care about such a terrible artist? There's nothing unique or esoteric about Kanye. He can't conjure huts from the whiskers of trolls. He can't write hieroglyphics out of water and transform them into clothes. He can't levitate a lamp and dribble it as if it were a basketball. He's just a boring person who tries to act like an artist in order to feel special about his boring life. Unfortunately, he fails miserably, because he comes off as a narcissistic, vile human being with no sense of kindness nor decency.

And by the way, I meant "a pinnacle." Referring to it as "the pinnacle" would give this garbage album more power than it deserves. I'm not giving Kuckye the satisfaction he doesn't deserve, because if I do, he'll make another shot album retards in the board will suck up.

Pic related > everything Kanye has ever made. Get some taste, plebians.

This is the Bitches Brew of our generation. You may not like it, but you have to accept it.

From my experience most people on here don't really like Kanye, they just think he did a very good job making a very good album. That's the beginning and end of their like for him.
His other albums have been pretty bad.

correct
also correct

Something in between, it wasn't influential, unique or genius (god save the world if this is how simple and banal geniuses do things now) as some claim it to be, but it is not bad as others claim it to be either. It is something in between. It is bold to make an extreme claim, by the way, but it's also stupid and unrealistic.

light 6

>using "normie" non ironically
>It's normie so it's bad
Kys hipster faggot

This is when someone tries to make Death Grips without the nuances and talent of the band's bodys of work.

Can we just agree that the outro of Power is the best moment in all of hip-hop production?

it’s the musical equivalent of The Great Gatsby

and both of those features deliver the best verses of their careers you dolt. That Ross verse is fucking GOAT

>comparing MBDTF and DG
have you ever even heard the album
because if you've heard it, you're musically clueless

This album was released in the end of 2010, DG started their music career in 2011.

TONS. imagine being this much of a one note bore. MBDTF doesnt even crack my top 10 of the decade. listen to more music jesus fuck

ITT

Generic pop rap.

I want to spit on the face of everyone who likes this trash

I like the way most of the crititicisms in this thread are this album being "soy" or "normie".
This album personalifies excess and ego, that's why the arrangements are so bloated and the sounds so loud. Like Power for example, while the main sample, the chant is loud and triumphant, the guitar (or maybe a synth) in the background is melancholic. So are the lyrics when Kanye victoriously sprouts out so exciting/ suicidal.
The same can be said about many aspects of the album. The album cover looks like some pretentious art-school album cover, but it's a a black guy fucking some white girl. While the production is elegant and "artsy", Kanye's lyrics are vulgar and unfiltered.
Many songs sonically represent the mindset the lyrics are supposed to represent. Be it Dark Fantasies luxurious chorus about fame, inbetween Kanye's grimy verses on a RZA produced gritty piano loop. Or Gorgeous where Kanye is trying to tell his haters to back off, yet his voice is behind a vocoder, so he doesn't seem so sure of himself. This is even taken to a further extent on Runaway, where 'Ye trasnsforms his vocals into a guitar-esque noise, representing people not being able to understand him. I could go further, but the answer is yes. This album is genius.

Madvillainy
Niggas on the Moon
The Life of Pablo

Atrocity Exhibition
TPAB
GKMC
The Money Store

You seem mad

Madvillainy came out 6 years before MBDTF. I do agree that it's better though

Yeah it's too bad he ruined it by having a short but awful verse on monster

lmao

Leave Josh out of this

Whoever took the time to do this collage is even more pathetic that those soyfucks

Find me more pop rap that sounds like literally any song on this album?