I need new albums. All I've listened to the past two weeks has been The Microphones - The Glow Pt...

I need new albums. All I've listened to the past two weeks has been The Microphones - The Glow Pt. 2 and Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane over the sea.

Two fucking meme albums but fuck you driving to these albums is a fucking joy.

Here are my favorite songs from each album:
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
>King of Carrot Flowers Pt.1
>King of Carrot Flowers Pts. 2 & 3
>In the Aeroplane over the sea
>Fool (Those trumpets dear lord)
>Communist Daughter
>Oh Comely
>Ghost
>Two-Headed Boy Pt 2.

The Glow Pt. 2
>I Want Wind to Blow
>The Glow, Pt. 2
>The Moon
>Instrumental
>The Gleam, Pt. 2
>Map
>I Want to Be Cold
>Instrumental - 2
>S A M U R A I S W O R D
>My Warm Blood

Give me more music to listen to. I need more like this.
Also does anyone know what those like.. faint horn sounds in The Glow. Pt. 2 are? They're in almost every song.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fZlNt05dCX8
youtube.com/watch?v=K67Q73GYQe8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you want more soy-folk?

>Also does anyone know what those like.. faint horn sounds in The Glow. Pt. 2 are?
It's a foghorn, from boats that Phil would have heard in his home town of Anacortes. Listen to Mount Eerie by the Microphones. Picks up right where Glow Pt. 2 leaves and is a brilliant album as well

I'm sure this post is ironic but I've actually only been listening to these two albums this past month.

I guess?

I listened to A crow looked at me a few months ago for the first time and found The Glow Pt. 2 a few weeks after. I had no clue Phil was the person in both of them. Blew my mind. I'll check out Mount Eerie by the Microphones though, thanks for the suggestion.

Nice dubs.
It's also unironic but I know I'm gonna catch shit for it because they're meme tier albums.

You might like 'The Dodos', try this album.

MGMT - Little Dark Age

The dismemberment plan - emergency & i

Listen to Richard Dawson's last album. It's unbelievably good.

> step 1 : go to phil's label on discogs or his site
> step 2 : listen to other stuff on his label if you like his stuff
> step 3: rinse an repeat for any other albums you like, just go to their label or watch interviews with artists and see what they like. then listen to those and go check out those labels. A never ending cycle of recs.

Andrew Jackson Jihad

This and fleet foxes

Velocity:Design:Comfort - Sweet Trip
youtu.be/fZlNt05dCX8

Pet Sounds - Beach Boys (Brian Wilson)
youtube.com/watch?v=K67Q73GYQe8

The latter is the best album of all time so you might wanna check it out.

Try "People Who Can Eat People Are the Luckiest People in the World" by Andrew Jihad Jackson

One of my personal favorites.

Listen to On Avery Island and Ferris Wheel on Fire both by Neutral Milk Hotel. As said, check out Mount Eerie and also as said check out "People Who Can Eat People", also check out "Knife Man" and "Can't Maintain" by AJJ.

Neutral Milk Hotel were part of a collective called Elephant 6, in which most bands would share members between bands, Olivia Tremor Control and Elf Power are similar to NMH I guess. Also check out The Music Tapes, it's Julian Kosters of NMH band.

Alternatively, check out on Orange Twin Records, they also have cool indie folk rock acts such as Nana Grizol, Defiance Ohio or Madeline Adams.

When I first listened to this, I had just gone through ITAOTS and The glow pt.2 just like OP. Holy shit what would I give to go back to listening to this again for the first time.
If OP is in any way like me, this is exactly what he's looking for.

Gustavo Cerati - Bocanada or Siempre es hoy or +bien if you want only the production genius
Lisandro Aristimuño - 39 Grados and Mundo Anfibio
Nick Drake (Maybe Pink Moon)
The music tapes (it has the guy who plays the singing saw in Neutral Milk Hotel!!!)
Kevin Johansen - City zen, Bi, The Nada, Logo
Julio y Agosto - La niebla y la autopista
The rest of the recomendations on this thread are very good too. Enjoy!!!

these are completely off-suggestions.

This album should be mu/core. So underated