/prog/

prog thread pls
discuss classic/neo prog, krautrock, and any other kind of experimental rock you'd like

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7NZ85Q37Obc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf you faggots, reply to my thread!! prog is a good genre!

hi dad! don't forget to take your pills.

prog rock fans are either ancient or incels, (You) cannot dispute this

Calm down, dad.

FUCK YOU GUYS THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A NICE THREAD. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I am neither and I love prog. Get fucked.

Alright, what's your favorite Rush album and why is it pic related?

Hemispheres

Im sorry this happened to your nice thread, user. Anyway it's objective fact that rush only has one unlistenable album.

Presto wasn't that bad, user.

I quite like Presto. It's actually Hold Your Fire

what do you guys think about nektar

Same, Hand Over Fist is one my favorite tracks of theirs.

t. incel

im here for you man. Prog is great. I listened to Tales of Topographic Oceans yesterday, and ill be honest it was hard to pay attention and make meaningful sense of it. Ive been trying to get into more Yes because I really really like Relayer but haven't gotten into any of their other albums yet. I also listened to the Yes album yesterday and it was ok but parts of it felt a little bit just like long old dad rock songs id hear on the radio so idk. I really want to download more prog but I can't do anymore downloading until I get a new harddrive which will probably be at least two weeks cause I'm just starting a new job on Wednesday. Gonna be a cafeteria worker in a high school severing food to kids. makes me wonder how many of them frequent this website or listen to cool music

i add to this I'm not sure which prog albums I want to listen to tonight, i have a few king crimson downloaded, lots of TMV but ive already over played those. Maybe some Zappa. Probably just gonna try topo oceans again or some king crimson

tales is a tough record to get into just because of the sheer length of it. i think fragile or close to the edge would be better ways to get into yes if you like relayer. have you heard any genesis? i think they're most comparable to yes from the big classic prog bands.
and good luck with your new job.

thanks. I've heard close to the edge, never heard fragile though. I heard some genesis a long time ago, probably due to listen again and ill have to download some when i get my harddrive. I might have fragile downloaded tho maybe ill try that or listen to close to the edge again. I like to listen in flac.

hope you enjoy whatever you choose to listen to user.

youtube.com/watch?v=7NZ85Q37Obc

remember that bruford is a madman

i decided to listen to a concert of john cage and sun ra

A tip for tales if your not yet used to Yes or prog in general is that you don't need to listen to the whole album in one sitting. It's so jam packed with stuff going on that it's hard to keep track of everything. Just go one or two songs at a time and in order to get familiar with them. It's easily Yes' wankiest album but if acquire a taste for their style and instrumentation it's basically a goldmine. If that's still not working just go to Fragile, Close to the Edge, or Going for the One and come back later.

What was your favourite 2017 prog release guys? I really liked Wobbler's From Silence to somewhere

Fuck user this is incredible

Today I will remind them. Never forget that it was Emerson who first melded classical and rock into long-form pieces, and ELP has been unfairly forgotten to the sands of time.

nice. haven't heard much of either 2bh
i've been meaning to get into wobbler. the only thing i listened to from last year was the new kairon;irse

>haven't heard much of either 2bh
the recording im listening to so far has a cool old timey feel like a lot of lo fidelity sun ra recordings but honestly it's a little bit of a let down. John Cages seems to just be making weird mouth sounds a few syllables at a time and punctuating them with long silences during his turn to make music. I was reading a review and I guess sun ra joins in playing with this later in the recording. Someone just read a long spoken word part i didn't really hear cause ive been browsing mu, now the mouth sounds have started again.

lol sounds like john cage and sun ra alright

Have any of you guys ever heard of Tool?

I got a tool right here for you:
unzips dick and rapes a child molester yelling pray for me unkle!